PDA

View Full Version : Sundancer K boat?

CircleJerk
10-21-2004, 09:24 AM
That's the brand of our most recent find. Complete with wing, HD hardware, balsa floor, long deck, and a 72 INCH transom! Supposedly it was last raced by a Sonny Leonard with a blown chevy. Anyone ever hear of a Sundancer? Surely with its wide stance, it must have been stable in the turns! The owner thought it was called a 19' Tunnel Dragster model. ??The company made boats out of San Antonio Texas. :rollside:

mrgoslow
10-21-2004, 09:51 AM
without a pic its hard to tell but i know that sundancer made a copy of the SW tunnel draster and a copy of the 19 gullwing by youngblood. seen them both in person. i dont know the tunnel dragster ran but the gullwing was quick, fast and stable. no floor, no carpet.

Sangster
10-21-2004, 10:33 AM
CJ.... I'm sure Billy B. will take you to school on your new ride.. That guys a wealth of Knowledge on those deals.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jake W2
10-21-2004, 01:01 PM
So Sundancer made V drives out of jetboat hulls?
Jake

BILLY.B
10-23-2004, 03:54 PM
That's the brand of our most recent find. Complete with wing, HD hardware, balsa floor, long deck, and a 72 INCH transom! Supposedly it was last raced by a Sonny Leonard with a blown chevy. Anyone ever hear of a Sundancer? Surely with its wide stance, it must have been stable in the turns! The owner thought it was called a 19' Tunnel Dragster model. ??The company made boats out of San Antonio Texas. :rollside: Hey Boyd if you can believe it Julian called me yesterday just to see what was going on so I asked him if he had ever heard of a Sundancer hull. He said he had but didn't remember Sonny Leonard. I asked him if they ran very well and his reply was the usual, "NOT WELL ENOUGH"!!!!. But he said they ran well enough to stay ahead of a "L" boat :eek: :hammer2: :D :D J/K

CircleJerk
10-23-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks, I think.......I'm not talking about L s anymore! :frown: that 34Beisemeyer (HIKE) guy passed me up in qualifying. I suck. :cry: Wish I could go to Parker to see some real fast drivers and Nostalgia boats! :frown:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks, I think.......I'm not talking about L s anymore! :frown: that 34Beisemeyer (HIKE) guy passed me up in qualifying. I suck. :cry: Wish I could go to Parker to see some real fast drivers and Nostalgia boats! :frown:
Most of the SS series guys (probably the fastest) won't be making Parker this year. The prostock GN and cracker class's will probably show up :cool: so if you can make it you'll have something cool to watch.
The big show this year will be the Phoenix IHBA dragboat finals. Top Dragboats, K's :2purples: and Superstock series final. This is the weekend before Parker so start making plans!
Jerry

Jake W2
10-25-2004, 09:22 PM
My question was for real or were these Jet K boats? Is there such a thing?
Jake

CircleJerk
10-25-2004, 10:04 PM
So Sundancer made V drives out of jetboat hulls?
Jake
Jake, according to the owner, they also made an 18' flat 7/8 runner with a real flat deck, and I assume it was v-drive only. dont know for sure.

CircleJerk
10-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks Jerr, you are the nicest guy around and so supportive to our bunch of back yard racers that I cant thank you enough! Now, lose the bike scene........OK?! Hey is Tony going to recruit you guys to help at Firebird???? Heck I will go there to see that! I can drive a launch vehicle! But that's about all............ :cry:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-26-2004, 08:46 AM
Now, lose the bike scene........OK?!
No worries Boyd...I was fibbin about the bike scene :D but I did see it.
Hey, I stumbled upon an old interview with Al Lavey from an old Race Boat rag. Its quite extensive, I'll try and print a copy for you.
Jerry @ Back yard video productions. :cool: