PDA

View Full Version : A Momen "toe" for the repo man

Boozer
10-21-2004, 10:20 PM
This would have to be merely an honorable mention, but very funny none-the-less. I haven't been able to find a media reference, but this was a story told to me by a friend a little over a year ago & I don't think he was lying...
He works as a repo man here in Houston. One of these guys nobody likes cause they steal your car back for the bank when you don't make your payments.
Well, he went out early one morning to try & grab a car before the owner left for work. Everything went perfectly: he had key's to the car, so he let himself in, started the engine and drove away. The fun began when he got back to the repo lot to find his boss on the verge of a stress-induced seizure.
"What happened?!" the man yelled.
"Nothing. It was an easy take. Why?"
"Cause I just got a call that the owner's in the hospital!"
Come to find out, this ingenious Houstonian had decide that the best way to keep his car from being repo'ed was by tying a length of nylon fishing line between the back bumper of his car and his big toe. What he didn't count on was that by the time the string became taught enought to wake him from his peaceful slumber, the car would already be moving at a good 5-10 mph.
The man was pulled violently out of bed and halfway through his open bedroom window before the string finally severed his big toe.
So, while it is a shame that he didn't tie the cord around something more vital, at least he's given us hope that we'll have another story to look forward to someday...

plaster dave
10-21-2004, 10:25 PM
rofl

Some Kind Of Monster
10-21-2004, 10:27 PM
Yikes

Misogynist
10-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Sounds like urban folklore to me.... right up there with the choking Doberman and the Chevrolet with the jato bottle in the trunk............ :220v:

switchin'addiction
10-22-2004, 07:47 AM
Sounds like urban folklore to me.... right up there with the choking Doberman and the Chevrolet with the jato bottle in the trunk............ :220v:
I think I will have to second that.

lucky
10-22-2004, 07:53 AM
guess they should have called a toe truck

Keithb87
10-22-2004, 07:54 AM
:coffeycup :D Must of been in Arkansas.. :coffeycup :D

switchin'addiction
10-22-2004, 11:08 AM
That's a story for the grandkids some day, eh Forensic? Those pumpkin guards are some mean basta*&ds!

abraman1326
10-22-2004, 11:19 AM
guess they should have called a toe truck
Now that's funny... I bursdted out lauphing at my desk w/ that one
BRA

repo man
10-22-2004, 11:44 AM
i had someone chain his f 150 to his carport, needless to say he needed a new car port .