PDA

View Full Version : 5 yrs later, I'm back.... Story

77Spectra
07-16-2001, 11:20 AM
What are the odds?
In 86 I bought my first jet, a 77 Spectra 19 rd/wht. In 9 years the only thing I had to do was one pump bearing and 1 altenator. I became very active in Slomom in 95 and sold the boat to buy an inboard ski boat. A friend of mine had a friend that lived several hundred miles north, came down, bought the boat and took it home. I want to say Indiana, I live in Dallas.
I always missed the squirt. Ski boats hate rough water. One day I say a rooster tail about 2 miles away and thought I would check it out. It was my old boat!
Seems the guy I sold it too sold it. It was sold a couple more times and ended up 5 miles from my house. What are the odds?. I bought it the next day and for the last two years have been working on it. Never again....hehe. Anyway, It lools like I will have it done by September. Everything is new except the reverse cable.... Wish me luck, I will have questions. It's good to be back......dc

Chestah Cheetah
07-16-2001, 11:46 AM
Congratulations on reuniting with your squirt! I had a friend with a similar story but with a car. Wife had a Mercedes, lost her earring in the car one day and never found it. Few months later the car was stolen. My friend went out and bought her a used one (different color) a month later, started cleaning the whole car and found the earring. Turned out he bought back her stolen car.

RiverDave
07-16-2001, 12:10 PM
Chestah, What kind of neighborhood are you living in??? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

Chestah Cheetah
07-16-2001, 12:35 PM
In between the Crips & Bloods. I grew up confused- used to wear a red sock and blue sock.

jroos
07-16-2001, 02:20 PM
Chesta, sounds like you are still celebrating the 4th or its time to through away those Wonder Woman PJ`s.

brazosriver
07-17-2001, 10:18 AM
77spec..good luck with your new..old..project..I'm also from the dallas area. I have an 18' 74 Taylor with 455..We run around on the brazos near whitney and a few area lakes.

77Spectra
07-17-2001, 05:01 PM
Cool, that was one of my favorite spots. Broken Bow is another. Perhaps we will meet. A jet meet would be in order. Tails Up....

TX19
07-18-2001, 06:54 PM
Spec77...good luck with the old girlfriend, hope it works ok! If you and BrazosR jump the dam at Whitney and continue south, we could all meet up at my hut in Wacko and make some tall tails.
Spec...if you need Berkley / Dominator or 429 / 460 parts, let me know. I have a garage full of each.

77Spectra
07-25-2001, 07:06 PM
Thanks TX, I will keep that In mind. I may need to find another rebuilder. My pump has been in the shop for a month. I want to put it in before the motor, kinda stranded...

TX19
07-29-2001, 05:32 PM
77 Spec...the shop that rebuilds my pumps is south of Waco on IH 35. I've never had anything in their shop more than a week. I would recommend them highly for any pump work. If you would like to call him, I can give you the number. E-Mail me if you need it.

77Spectra
07-29-2001, 10:12 PM
I am interested. Contact me at drcarter1@prodigy.net