PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Car 5
10-22-2004, 08:40 AM
What would you do if a very good friend had a live in girl friend with 2 boys.
The 2 boys, 13 and under at the time, sexually molested another boy that was around 10 years old. The mother is a liar and makes up pleanty of excuses why her boys are not to blame and that they did not do anything wrong. The courts found out different.
I now will not allow the mother and her 2 boys anywhere near my home or family and it has put a strain on my friendship with my friend.
What would other people do in this situation?

MHawkins48
10-22-2004, 08:47 AM
Do what is best for your family and your peace of mind. Real friends will understand.

switchin'addiction
10-22-2004, 08:47 AM
The 2 boys, 13 and under at the time, sexually molested another boy that was around 10 years old. The mother is a liar and makes up pleanty of excuses why her boys are not to blame and that they did not do anything wrong. The courts found out different.
I now will not allow the mother and her 2 boys anywhere near my home or family and it has put a strain on my friendship with my friend.
Exactly what you did! Recommend that SHE seek help as well, and if not then find a new friend.

jeepinscott
10-22-2004, 08:49 AM
First post?
Shouldn't this be on a family problem board? Take care of your own first. Friends are friends, but your kids are more important.

bunny 166
In the end, all you have is family. All the rest is gravy... Take care of you and yours first and dont worry about hurting her feelings. Go good Mom!! :wink:

racecar.hotshoe
Look out for number 1 your family...... :boxingguy

GlastronGuy
10-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Are you kidding? You don't know what to do?
:hammer2:

OutCole'd
10-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Bottom line, NEVER put your kids in a potential dangerous situation. I could never live with myself if somethine ever did happen.

HighRoller
10-22-2004, 09:05 AM
I can't believe there was even an issue over what to do. I wouldn't let those kids anywhere near my family, and I'd probably tell the friend that when he's done enabling molesters we could be friends again.

rvrtoy
10-22-2004, 09:12 AM
That is some kind of first post. As a provider and protector of a family, you MUST do what is in YOUR famillies best interest. Not your friends family. Your family. If your freind is a TRUE friend he will understand.

Mrs. Restless22
10-22-2004, 09:25 AM
I would do exactly what you are doing...they would be allowed no wheres near my family or home.
There is no reason your children should be put in danger for a friendship. And if your friend doesnt understand and respect your concern for your kids....hes not much of a friend to begin with.
Whether you changed your name to post this...or are new...WELCOME ;)

Her454
10-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Dont second guess yourself. Your FAMILY comes first, period. Welcome to the boards. Hell of a first post...........:)

MsDrmr
10-22-2004, 09:30 AM
DENIAL, trust me, it runs deep.
Keep your home protected. It's possible that she was molested by the same person (maybe their dad) and she does not want to believe her sons could do it. Unless she wakes up, this situation will worsen within time....unfortunately, you may loose the relationship with your buddy, but he needs to get rid of this woman or put her in counseling with the boys...I speak from experience

GlastronGuy
10-22-2004, 09:34 AM
Oh, and for a first post like that, I am considering its a board member that would like to stay anonymous. Maybe, maybe not...
Forensic
Of course it is.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-22-2004, 09:36 AM
do NOT let their problem become your problem. if this person is a true friend, then they will understand. otherwise, you need to move on with your life.

Performance 19
10-22-2004, 10:02 AM
I can't believe there was even an issue over what to do. I wouldn't let those kids anywhere near my family, and I'd probably tell the friend that when he's done enabling molesters we could be friends again.
Nothing new I could add to any of the above posts. Are the authorities aware of this? Seems child services needs to step in for guidance, counseling and possible placement of the abuser.

Scream
10-22-2004, 10:02 AM
You are doing the right thing, keep your family safe and at arms length. Your friend is supporting his GF and she is in serious denial. A fair percentage of molestations are from juvenile offenders, but those kids don't just molest out of thin air, they're "taught" this behavior somewhere...
Watch out for number one here...
Scream

Car 5
10-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Thank You for all your replies.
I will keep doing what I am doing, I guess I just needed to be reassured that what I was doing was the right thing.

shadow
12-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey talk about Havasu people being ****ed up&twilight zone.Take a look at your world.

Mrs.Racer277
12-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Hey talk about Havasu people being ****ed up&twilight zone.Take a look at your world.
Nice Work Shadow! :) :) :)
What is the saying??? Something about glass houses and stones???

shadow
12-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Havasu people are f ucked up and living in the twilight zone?You better take a look who and where you hang around.

HOOTER SLED-
12-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Did this happen in Kingman????

JB in so cal
12-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Did this happen in Kingman????
Ouch!