PDA

View Full Version : Fiat or Info again.

Blown 472
10-22-2004, 05:43 PM
http://www.hilborninjection.com/category.asp?Id=5
How do these compair to a bird catcher??

Kindsvater Flat
10-22-2004, 06:06 PM
Fiat says the 4 port is the shiznit.

Fiat48
10-22-2004, 08:26 PM
The upright 4 port is. I always thought it was the best part throttle injector I ever ran. For cruising or part throttle operation I liked it the best. Wide open..they are all about the same.

Blown 472
10-23-2004, 06:30 AM
The upright 4 port is. I always thought it was the best part throttle injector I ever ran. For cruising or part throttle operation I liked it the best. Wide open..they are all about the same.
So for drag racing it is a horse apiece? I think they are kinda old skool and have that look to them. :D

Fiat48
10-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Hilborn prices are higher. Hard to find a used 4 port upright as they are rather nostalgia and go quickly for near new price. Bird or Bug Endlerle will work fine and much cheaper. Dale selling at Dragboats.com has about the best price on the Endlerle stuff.

Blown 472
10-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Hilborn prices are higher. Hard to find a used 4 port upright as they are rather nostalgia and go quickly for near new price. Bird or Bug Endlerle will work fine and much cheaper. Dale selling at Dragboats.com has about the best price on the Endlerle stuff.
Really? cool. bug catchers are just smaller than the birds?

Fiat48
10-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Yes. Either will do the job well but Bird is more popular resale wise. Always buy like you are going to sell tomorrow..is my moto. :)

Blown 472
10-23-2004, 04:59 PM
Yes. Either will do the job well but Bird is more popular resale wise. Always buy like you are going to sell tomorrow..is my moto. :)
Ok, cool. Will I need down nozzles or can I inject under the hat? also will that work say if I want to add 40% nitro to it?
And what about sending it out to get the system flowed, what is that all about?

Fiat48
10-23-2004, 06:41 PM
If going alcohol do the Bird. Hat nozzles is enough. 40% nitro will require down nozzles, spare parts and you'll have a lot of inconsistency ET wise for any bracket type dealio.
Flowing the system gives you a baseline where the thing will run to the other end. Some guys better than others on the flow deal and may be able to get you closer (spell that experience). But you'll still have to adjust.
If gas I say flow it.
If alcohol I can ballpark you in.
If Nitro flow it and you are on your own. Probably Gene Adams would be good for a nitro flow.

Blown 472
10-23-2004, 06:56 PM
If going alcohol do the Bird. Hat nozzles is enough. 40% nitro will require down nozzles, spare parts and you'll have a lot of inconsistency ET wise for any bracket type dealio.
Flowing the system gives you a baseline where the thing will run to the other end. Some guys better than others on the flow deal and may be able to get you closer (spell that experience). But you'll still have to adjust.
If gas I say flow it.
If alcohol I can ballpark you in.
If Nitro flow it and you are on your own. Probably Gene Adams would be good for a nitro flow.
Ok cool. What all is involved parts wise for a hat dealio? and do I need a cam driven fuel pump? also can I mount the tank in front of the end as the front end on the lincoln has a ton of room after I get the ac crap outda there.

Fiat48
10-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Belt drive would work better for you..mount as low as possible to keep pump wet. Enderle sells the belt drive. Ebay a possibility.
Gas, alcohol or nitro? Pumps are different,barrel valve. bypasses, nozzles...all different.
Front tank..sure.