PDA

View Full Version : AZ weather

Squirtin Thunder
10-22-2004, 09:39 PM
OK I am new to AZ, but I had no idea that it rained this much here. I am not totally complaining but it is real hard to believe that AZ people have no idea about drainage. In the last three day I have seen more stoopid moves on the roads, when it comes to standing water. Let me back up. It was raining very lightly for about three hours and there were so many small lakes on the roads, water running over the roads, and oh yah my garage full of water and mud. It seems no-one here understands drainage. WTF !!!!! The roof has a small lake on it but too small for a jetboat, dammm. Well what do you do when you are renting and the property management co tells you to call your insurance co??? Well I informed the property management co 4 months ago that the roof leaked and about the flooding. I also informed them that my insurure would not right a policy for the place till the roof and property was handled. They told me they would contact the owner and inform them. Well with the last batch of storms we had 4" of water in the garage and alot of mud. It took all day to clean up the walls are soaked all my storage boxes are soggy and three shelving cabinets are well oatmeal. What should I do besides move ????
Any ideas ???? :idea:
Jim :D

taxman
10-22-2004, 09:53 PM
light the mutha up!!!!!!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
10-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Arson if a Fellony !!!!
:chi: Jim :D

JetBoatRich
10-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Arson if a Fellony !!!!
:chi: Jim :D
only when you get caught :2purples:
I rented a house in Redondo Beach about 15 years ago, the landlord was nuts. Getting her to do anything was next to impossible. We had about 10 leaks throughout the roof/ceiling. She let it go, we went through winter with pans under different leaks and she kept telling us she woule get to it. She was thinking it hardly rains, screw it. I reminded her several times in teh summer, that it is a good ime to fix the roof. Never listened, the lease was up in a couple months, easy decision we moved. Actually two months early, but paid up. So the house was ours until the lease was up. She had new people in the house 30 days to early, we sued and won with any hesitation from the judge, with a couple extra bucks :eek:

AZKC
10-24-2004, 06:45 AM
Put a bilge pump in the garage :rollside: It rains less than 12" usually around here and we are pretty lax on proper drainage thats for sure. Winter and Summer are usually the wettest other than freak storms its pretty dam dry.

Sane Asylum
10-24-2004, 07:27 AM
OK I am new to AZ, but I had no idea that it rained this much here. I am not totally complaining but it is real hard to believe that AZ people have no idea about drainage. In the last three day I have seen more stoopid moves on the roads, when it comes to standing water. Let me back up. It was raining very lightly for about three hours and there were so many small lakes on the roads, water running over the roads, and oh yah my garage full of water and mud. It seems no-one here understands drainage. WTF !!!!! The roof has a small lake on it but too small for a jetboat, dammm. Well what do you do when you are renting and the property management co tells you to call your insurance co??? Well I informed the property management co 4 months ago that the roof leaked and about the flooding. I also informed them that my insurure would not right a policy for the place till the roof and property was handled. They told me they would contact the owner and inform them. Well with the last batch of storms we had 4" of water in the garage and alot of mud. It took all day to clean up the walls are soaked all my storage boxes are soggy and three shelving cabinets are well oatmeal. What should I do besides move ????
Dude............Rains one time a year.........."This too shall pass"

Squirtin Thunder
10-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Well this is the third or fourth time the garage has flooded. I am getting sand bags and more 5gal buckets.
Jim

roostwear
10-24-2004, 09:55 AM
If you get a chance, go by and see if my place is floating in the river yet! :D

Squirtin Thunder
10-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Did you fix the roof yet ????
I have gone by about once a week just to keep a eye on the place for you.
At least it is high enough to keep water from going in.
Jim

roostwear
10-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Sweated my ass off on the roof for 2 days with that tar shit! Smelled great on 100+ degree days. My neighbors love me :D
Thanks for keeping an eye on it.

Squirtin Thunder
10-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Roost,
Well it has been kinda cold in the mornings. We had a low of 52* last week. I just happen to go by your place when I take the dogs for there swim. It is not out of the way at all.
Jim

Squirtin Thunder
10-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Roost"Mike",
Just got back went by your place and it looks good they are cleaning up the lot next to you.
Jim

Mrs CP 19
10-25-2004, 04:01 PM
You stated you have been 'informing' the managment company of various problems. You need to be sure this is in written form, dated, with your expectations of what they should be doing to correct the situation. It is hard to speculate not having seen a copy of the lease, however, you can demand this situation be rectified and the landlord will have reasonable time to comply. After that time, fix it yourself and deduct it from rent or withold rent until fixed. Again, check your specific lease info and put these problems in writing, and mention prevs dates when you have tried to resolve this and how. If you have water standing on the roof, get it off. Jill

roostwear
10-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Roost"Mike",
Just got back went by your place and it looks good they are cleaning up the lot next to you.
Jim
Now all Ray has to do is SELL it to me. That's a little less than a double lot. That plus mine would be perfect for the house we want to build there. If I have to build on my single, it'll be 2 story, back to front. The first story would be garage of course! :D

Squirtin Thunder
10-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Mike
Holly shit went to put the boat in the water for a leak test and not one launch ramp was useable. I am talking 15' from the water. It was even too low at the Riverside ramp. So I went up to the Lake Mohave ramp. They (Park Service) wanted to charge me $15. They said what was to stop me from recreating I said all we are doing is testing for leaks. They said OK then $10. I told them that all it would take at max would be 30min. They said yah right we have heard that before. I said no really I have a pass. They said no $10 I said it doesn't even have an engine in it. He had to look about three times and then said don't take off padling. I said hell no I haven't even used my paddle. Well the trim ring weepped a bit, so I am going to pull it off and try again.
Mail went out today.
Jim

roostwear
10-26-2004, 06:48 PM
Cool. I've heard about you jetters that tow to the ramp with your engines out, then WHAM!, you're paddling down the river hell bent for speed! WTF? I'm sure Harry's is a mudhole, and Rotary isn't much better. Batten down the hatches (or fill some sandbags), you have some rain coming.
Thanks for sending that out.
See ya soon.

Boatcop
10-26-2004, 07:39 PM
It just started raining here again.
Stand by for round 2. This is supposed to drop as much water as last week, if not more.

Moneypitt
10-26-2004, 08:03 PM
I just drove through one hell of a storm here in So Cal. From Barstow to Mohave was all dark, and then all hell broke loose. The northern SFV through to Simi was hard rain all the way. If this is the storm headed your way, you better get ready cause its a lulu.................Moneypitt

RiverRatMike
10-27-2004, 01:06 AM
Well this year in LHC there is much more activity in the weather than 2003 by far. Summer 2004 I witnessed over 15 different strong monsoon storms and it raining in Oct is kinda rare. I bought a new home here in LHC last year and it has a nice tile roof so no leaks here. Bring on the rain! :smile:

91nordic29
10-28-2004, 06:55 AM
it RARELY rains in arizona :wink: :2purples:
i hope your house is okay! i think i would move out.

DEEZ NUTTS
10-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Flagstaff right now.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830106_0624_Small_.JPG

AZKC
10-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Keep that white stuff up there. Cold and rainy here in T Town this afternoon. Must be in the 60's, I need a jacket :cool:

Sleek-Jet
10-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Keep that white stuff up there. Cold and rainy here in T Town this afternoon. Must be in the 60's, I need a jacket :cool:
Pussy. :D
We need all the white stuff we can get.

AZKC
10-29-2004, 03:03 PM
:rollside: Look what the cat dragged in :notam: Enjoy driving home in the fog after work this morning.

Sleek-Jet
10-29-2004, 05:32 PM
:rollside: Look what the cat dragged in :notam: Enjoy driving home in the fog after work this morning.
Yep, nothin like 80 mph and 1/4 mile vis to get the heart pumpin' after working all night. :D

Squirtin Thunder
10-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Boatcop,
I heard that something is going on at Havasu that is why they are not letting much water out of the dam, can you tell us what is going on down their ???
Jim

AMC-Nut
10-31-2004, 11:00 AM
Hey,
Check out these sites as to what you can do:
http://www.arizonatenants.com/
http://www.supreme.state.az.us/info/brochures/landlord.htm
On the second site it says that --
III. Condition of the Premises
a) Your rental dwelling must be safe, clean and habitable. Any appliances provided by you must be in good working order.
I also believe that the possibility of Black Mold in the house is high and that the owner could be creating a huge insurance problem.
But the real answer here is to look at buying a house if you are going to be here in Arizona for any real time at all.
I am a Realtor and Appraiser so if you need help finding a place let me know, I will help with no sales crap if you want.
Also when is the next race??
Thanks,
Ryan Bailey (480) 967-5474

Some Kind Of Monster
10-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Dude............Rains one time a year.........."This too shall pass"
I'll second that. It hasn't rained in months. I don't think we really even got a monsoon this season.

Underfunded
11-01-2004, 06:19 PM
:cool:

Squirtin Thunder
12-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Here is the latest saga for the house we are currently living in:
Friday morning last, my wife came home from work and smelled gas in the kitchen. I opened all doors and windows to air out the house. On Friday night I closed off the laundry room from the house. On Saturday morning the gas smell was only in the laundry room. We immediately called the PM company and was referred to a plumber. He came out, could tell that the smell of gas was from the water heater but could not locate the actual leak. The water heater also had been making a horrible gurgling noise for some time. The plumber said the water heater needed to be replaced because of the burner not completely burning the gas properly also it was full of sediment and was also over ten years old. He said he would be back on Monday and would also inform the PM of the situation. I had not heard from him by Tuesday, so I called him. He said the PM was in contact with the owner and was told that no water heater was going to be replaced/repaired. My wife called the PM to find out what was going on. She was told that the owner was not going to replace the water heater nor was she going to fix the roof. We were also informed that the owner also complained about the heat being fixed last month. The PM is considering dropping the account and are currently searching for another place for us to live. What are our rights in this matter? Do we have to absorb the cost of moving again? What about the damage to our personal property from the roof leaking? Do we just move and let it all go away? Or stand and fight? Feel free to call anytime 928-704-1158.
Thanks
Jim

roostwear
12-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Find another place (don't worry about giving notice), move your stuff out, then attempt to RELIGHT the pilot on the water heater. He'll wish he'd replaced it when he has to repair the fire damage. :supp:

Squirtin Thunder
12-01-2004, 08:58 PM
:idea:

Squirtin Thunder
12-01-2004, 10:43 PM
:idea:

Doug H.
12-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Mike, i like that idea too. Jim it sounds like your kind of stuck because you like the room of your house but not the problems. :)

Squirtin Thunder
12-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Well the garage is full of water and the kitchen now has water in it.
I am going to go to the owner directly tomarrow.
Jim

scottys
12-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Take pics.Make sure you have front page news paper in pic to verify dates.
Works for me when they pull that were holding your security deposit because..........