PDA

View Full Version : spam 467" BBC 650-670hp for sale

steelcomp
10-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Here's a great motor to drop in that winter project. All the work is done. All the best parts, meticulously pro built, just broken in. Carbs to pan, this baby's ready to rock your world! Power in the 6700-6800--rpm range, approx. 650-670hp, excellent torque. Rings gapped for nitrous, pistons by Cosworth, very durable, good endurance motor.
spam...467 BBC...650-670hp.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Engine-.+060" 454 (467") BBC 4 bolt. Block fully deburred and race prepped. (Oil passages blended, casting flash removed, etc) Honed w/ deck plates, align honed, decked to -.005", ARP studs-heads and bottom end. Steel GM crank, indexed, ground .010/.010 and re-heat treated/ Nitrided by Marine Crankshaft in Orange Co., CA. Eagle ESP H Beam rods-std length, Cosworth (yes, from England) RR58 alloy pistons, domes hand finished, (.0081"-.0086" piston to wall), JE Plasma Molly rings (file fit-std 1/16-1/16-3/16") and Federal Mogul 3/4 groove race bearings. Rods are at .0022"-.0025" and mains are at .0026"-.0028", 0031"rear. Crank end play .006-.007" Bottom end was just checked less than an hour ago (3/04), and had less than four hours on it total time. Bearings were perfect, and re-installed. Installed new Melling M777 race oil pump. Oil pan is Dooley Jet Boat full length 10qt. w/ windage tray and trap door baffle. Timing set is Comp Cams 3110 double roller w/ torrington block bearing and roller thrust bearing. Front cover is polished cast aluminum. Cam thrust is set at .005-.006" Balancer is Summit Racing SFI approved steel balancer. Rotating assembly was fully balanced, as well.
Camshaft is Racer Brown STX31 (Bob Johneck boat grind) solid flat tappet with .610/.610 lift and 266/264 deg. @.050". Cam was installed straight up for 112 deg. in. lobe ctr. Lash is .014 in/.016 ex hot. Lifters are Comp Cam solid.
Cyl Heads- GM cast iron rect. port open chamber, fully deburred, oil passages blended, guide plates indexed (to put rocker tips corrrectly over valve tips), chambers polished, cc'd and milled to 118.0-118.4 cc. Correct measured comp. ratio= 12.44:1. Heads moderately ported, bowls blended, in. & ex, with 2.25" Manley ProFlo stock length int. (w/ 29 deg back-cut), and 1.90" Manley ProFlo stock length ex. valves. Valve job done at Alan Johnson. 4 angle intake, radiused ex. Springs are Isky 8005A- 130# seat pressure @ 1.900 inst. height., Titanium ret's and CompCams HD Locks. Rockers are Crane Gold, studs are ARP and Stud Girdle is Crane 2 bar set up. Push rods are Manley 3/8".
Intake manifold is Weiand Super Pro Ram, ported and matched to heads, and carbs are basically stock Holley 4780 (800 double pumper) with choke horns removed, sideways mounted with Weiand linkage. MSD billet dist. The motor turns a B impeller 6100, which puts it in the high 600 hp range (aprox 670) and would love to be geared in a v-drive to run 6500-6800, but you'd need to change the oil pan. Great torque. Very nice running engine.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6852&stc=1
Will sell carbs to pan, $7200.00/offer. Just add fuel and water. If engine reversed, need to change pan.
steel

steelcomp
10-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Here's a great motor to drop in that winter project. All the work is done. All the best parts, meticulously pro built, just broken in. Carbs to pan, this baby's ready to rock your world! Power in the 6700-6800--rpm range, approx. 650-670hp, excellent torque. Rings gapped for nitrous, pistons by Cosworth, very durable, good endurance motor.
spam...467 BBC...650-670hp.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Engine-.+060" 454 (467") BBC 4 bolt. Block fully deburred and race prepped. (Oil passages blended, casting flash removed, etc) Honed w/ deck plates, align honed, decked to -.005", ARP studs-heads and bottom end. Steel GM crank, indexed, ground .010/.010 and re-heat treated/ Nitrided by Marine Crankshaft in Orange Co., CA. Eagle ESP H Beam rods-std length, Cosworth (yes, from England) RR58 alloy pistons, domes hand finished, (.0081"-.0086" piston to wall), JE Plasma Molly rings (file fit-std 1/16-1/16-3/16") and Federal Mogul 3/4 groove race bearings. Rods are at .0022"-.0025" and mains are at .0026"-.0028", 0031"rear. Crank end play .006-.007" Bottom end was just checked less than an hour ago (3/04), and had less than four hours on it total time. Bearings were perfect, and re-installed. Installed new Melling M777 race oil pump. Oil pan is Dooley Jet Boat full length 10qt. w/ windage tray and trap door baffle. Timing set is Comp Cams 3110 double roller w/ torrington block bearing and roller thrust bearing. Front cover is polished cast aluminum. Cam thrust is set at .005-.006" Balancer is Summit Racing SFI approved steel balancer. Rotating assembly was fully balanced, as well.
Camshaft is Racer Brown STX31 (Bob Johneck boat grind) solid flat tappet with .610/.610 lift and 266/264 deg. @.050". Cam was installed straight up for 112 deg. in. lobe ctr. Lash is .014 in/.016 ex hot. Lifters are Comp Cam solid.
Cyl Heads- GM cast iron rect. port open chamber, fully deburred, oil passages blended, guide plates indexed (to put rocker tips corrrectly over valve tips), chambers polished, cc'd and milled to 118.0-118.4 cc. Correct measured comp. ratio= 12.44:1. Heads moderately ported, bowls blended, in. & ex, with 2.25" Manley ProFlo stock length int. (w/ 29 deg back-cut), and 1.90" Manley ProFlo stock length ex. valves. Valve job done at Alan Johnson. 4 angle intake, radiused ex. Springs are Isky 8005A- 130# seat pressure @ 1.900 inst. height., Titanium ret's and CompCams HD Locks. Rockers are Crane Gold, studs are ARP and Stud Girdle is Crane 2 bar set up. Push rods are Manley 3/8".
Intake manifold is Weiand Super Pro Ram, ported and matched to heads, and carbs are basically stock Holley 4780 (800 double pumper) with choke horns removed, sideways mounted with Weiand linkage. MSD billet dist. The motor turns a B impeller 6100, which puts it in the high 600 hp range (aprox 670) and would love to be geared in a v-drive to run 6500-6800, but you'd need to change the oil pan. Great torque. Very nice running engine.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6852&stc=1
Will sell carbs to pan, $7200.00/offer. Just add fuel and water. If engine reversed, need to change pan.
steel
Anyone??? Notice, it says "offer". :D

Kindsvater Flat
10-24-2004, 04:26 PM
But it ain't a mopar!!

steelcomp
10-24-2004, 04:32 PM
But it ain't a mopar!!
This is absolutely, posatively, without a doubt, a true statement. :D
C'mon, guys. This is a damn good deal. Totally reliable. Totally turn key, as bullet proof as a motor can be. Make me an offer.

steelcomp
10-29-2004, 05:43 AM
:D :2purples:

Moneypitt
10-29-2004, 06:08 AM
I would totally agree this is a smoking deal. I know what it costs to build these things and you can't match the asking price if you tried to build one from scratch. I would ask why are you selling it? I could see wanting to change boats, or styles of boats, but I would hold on to that motor for a long time. oh and check your PMs................Mp

steelcomp
10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
I would totally agree this is a smoking deal. I know what it costs to build these things and you can't match the asking price if you tried to build one from scratch. I would ask why are you selling it? I could see wanting to change boats, or styles of boats, but I would hold on to that motor for a long time. oh and check your PMs................Mp
Thanks MP...got your PM...I agree.
Reason I'm selling...want to start a new project and can't afford more than one right now. It's a great motor, and I couldn't be happier with it's performance, but I have bigger and better plans (like finishing the 496) that I need the cash to get going on.

steelcomp
10-31-2004, 02:30 PM
bump :D
Fall sale...price reduced to $6500.00

DansBlown73Nordic
10-31-2004, 10:27 PM
I wonder what shipping to New York State would cost? :confused: I have a friend looking for a motor.

steelcomp
10-31-2004, 11:23 PM
I wonder what shipping to New York State would cost? :confused: I have a friend looking for a motor.
Wow. we're about as far apart as we could get. I'll look into it if you're serious.

Moneypitt
11-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Hey, steelcomp, we'll try to locate a race to truck to close to where your motor is going, and haul it cheap!! Just wait til the east coast gets over winter, when ever that will be...........MP
PS, I'd like to have it myself, but $ is tight right now, we can use the help towards tow gas..........

steelcomp
11-02-2004, 06:45 PM
Hey, steelcomp, we'll try to locate a race to truck to close to where your motor is going, and haul it cheap!! Just wait til the east coast gets over winter, when ever that will be...........MP
PS, I'd like to have it myself, but $ is tight right now, we can use the help towards tow gas..........
Very cool. Thanks.

steelcomp
11-08-2004, 08:49 PM
bump :D

DansBlown73Nordic
11-09-2004, 01:51 AM
I was very serious, however I guess my friend is buying a Bill Mitchell motor.

steelcomp
11-27-2004, 09:49 PM
back to the top
Winter sale...price reduced to 6500.
Don't let this one get away! I know you're thinking about it, and then someone else is going to buy it, and you're going to kick yourself!!!

FLYTE RISK
11-28-2004, 08:29 AM
back to the top
Winter sale...price reduced to 6500.
Don't let this one get away! I know you're thinking about it, and then someone else is going to buy it, and you're going to kick yourself!!!
I am all over this one guys get in line! :)

steelcomp
11-28-2004, 10:42 AM
I am all over this one guys get in line! :)
Quote: Flyte Risk
Ha Ha You are funny . Hey steel have you sold the motor yet?? Man with the way your jet boat ran at ming uhh hmm well I wonder why?? And I am stupid but not as dumb as you !!
All over it how? :confused:
You're really annoying.

FLYTE RISK
11-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Quote: Flyte Risk
Ha Ha You are funny . Hey steel have you sold the motor yet?? Man with the way your jet boat ran at ming uhh hmm well I wonder why?? And I am stupid but not as dumb as you !!
All over it how? :confused:
You're really annoying.
You are a jackass steel no comprehension at all!! :cool:

FLYTE RISK
11-28-2004, 02:56 PM
You are a jackass steel no comprehension at all!! :cool:
You know steel you remind me of another jackass who came on these boards talkin trash not knowing who he was talking to or about.. Well my freind He is no longer in here he got run out!! Obviously you spend several hours on these boards since you have signed on.. Take a deep breath lay down the bottle and spend some more time on your boat.. You obviously do not know this is the internet, or fantasy land, or whatever you want to call it.. You dont like what I post dont read it.. :hammer2:

Dirk Jones
11-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Fall sale...price reduced to $6500.00[/QUOTE]
Thats one hell of a fall price. I'll take two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelcomp
11-28-2004, 10:14 PM
You know steel you remind me of another jackass who came on these boards talkin trash not knowing who he was talking to or about.. Well my freind He is no longer in here he got run out!! Obviously you spend several hours on these boards since you have signed on.. Take a deep breath lay down the bottle and spend some more time on your boat.. You obviously do not know this is the internet, or fantasy land, or whatever you want to call it.. You dont like what I post dont read it.. :hammer2:
I had a different reply here earlier, but I decided that it wasn't worth the energy. I'm not going to let you drag me into your little pissing contest, because that's all it is. I don't know what's bothering you, but whatever it is, it's your problem, and I hope it gets better soon. :D

steelcomp
11-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Fall sale...price reduced to $6500.00
Thats one hell of a fall price. I'll take two!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
Sorry...only have one. :coffeycup