PDA

View Full Version : November race at Ming

cyclone
10-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Never to early to start another thread about drag boat racing. So who's going to run their boat? I'll be there trying to fill the hole in my holeshot and beating CS19's "lake boat." :D
only kidding Chris. Thanks again for the jumpstart!
I hear DJD will be looking to shave a few tenths off his ET as well.

HBjet
10-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Do you think we should hit the gym to get you down to your "Race Weight"?
HBjet

cyclone
10-23-2004, 02:45 PM
Jessa would probably say yes.

Cs19
10-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Never to early to start another thread about drag boat racing. So who's going to run their boat? I'll be there trying to fill the hole in my holeshot and beating CS19's "lake boat." :D
only kidding Chris. Thanks again for the jumpstart!
I hear DJD will be looking to shave a few tenths off his ET as well.
Hit the gym, your gonna need it. :D
No prob on the jump start, anytime.
Get to work on the boat, I know youve got things to do, and since the wifes gone, now is a good time to tear it apart.
You should've see shannons face when I started pulling gas tanks and seats and shit out of the boat. LOL. It really hit the fan when a Pro stock fuel cell showed up. :rolleyes: LOL
Still a lake boat, and always will be.

cyclone
10-23-2004, 03:17 PM
i might not gut the boat for the next race. I may just have to beat ya with the interior still intact. lol

Squirtin Thunder
10-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Remember it must have two seats, to be a River Racer !!!
Jim

cyclone
10-23-2004, 03:20 PM
say's who?

cyclone
10-23-2004, 03:24 PM
i got smoked by a hydro with only one seat in the RR class a few months back.

Squirtin Thunder
10-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Maybe I am wrong but I thought when Willis brought the river racer stuff up that was one of the final rules.
BTW - I am in for sure in Nov.
Jim

cyclone
10-23-2004, 03:36 PM
Glad to hear you'll be coming out. The RR class is non-competitive so i dont think it's restrictive with regards to seating. there isnt any points or trophies so i dont think the NJBA cares what's in your boat as long as it passes tech inspection and you have the proper safety gear.

Squirtin Thunder
10-23-2004, 03:44 PM
I just hope I don't have to use a HAMMER and a small SCREWDRIVER on my boat.
Jim

sdpm
10-23-2004, 04:08 PM
We are not a jet but we will be there comp hydro #737 High Maintenance comp hydro. Hi Mike F. @ Hot Boat. Are you ready?

UBFJ #454
10-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Mike, Arron & I ... Hopefully Stan Too ... Plan to be there ... Probably Roll In between 1:45 and 2:30 PM Friday ... Will be staying @ the Same Old Motel 6.
Mike and I spent a good part of today fabricating replacement loaders (Plus One) to replace the two we destroyed last time ... If we screw these two up, we're going to have to rethink things totally as these are made from much heavier material.
Our Goal This Trip ... Mid 7's (W/O increasing the n2o shot ... Purely from Bottom Work) ... Consistently and Above All ... Safely. We'll Be Setting Up For The IHBA World Finals and Enjoying The Company of The People Who Race NJBA ... A Really Great Group Of People.

Cs19
10-23-2004, 04:52 PM
i might not gut the boat for the next race. I may just have to beat ya with the interior still intact. lol
I have a feeling the cs19 pulley is comin out. :eek:
Let me know if you change your mind and need that bucket seat, i wont have any use for it till after that race weekend.

Dirk Jones
10-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Still a lake boat, and always will be.
Always the fallback "go to" response when you get beat :sleeping: :sleeping:

superdave013
10-23-2004, 05:00 PM
HBjet
What gym is that? In N Out, Burger King or Carl's Jr?? LMAO
CS19, I always said I'd keep all the stuff in my boat too. Then I got the thing to run over 120mph. The next race I striped her down and that's all I did. I made a difference for sure. MPH was about the same but I sure got down the track a lil quicker.
Oh, Mike never returned that little pulley so as far as I know he does have a CS19 pulley in stock!!
It's gonna be a cold one first round is pretty cold in November.

UBFJ #454
10-23-2004, 05:13 PM
My last post I forgot to mention that I saw somewhere someone was looking to borrow a LifeJacket ... We'll be bringing Mike's Cert'd Non-Parachute Jacket if someone wants to borrow it ... 1st Come, Gets ... Speak Up.
Extra Ballistics are already Promised ... Might have a 2nd pair of 42's?

MudPumper
10-23-2004, 09:25 PM
HBjet
I can see it now.............. Mike in full sweat suit, jogging down the street with Randy following in the truck yelling out the window with "Eye of the Tiger" blairing in the background. LMFAO :D ;)

HBjet
10-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Mudpumper, thats funny. Actually, I will just kick his ass all week playing racquetball making him run around the court!
Well, we just finished up tonight, need to do a little more work tomorrow to lighten up his fat hull and then the motor and new rail kit can go in.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20raceready.jpg
HBjet

Squirtin Thunder
10-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Holly Shit is that Cyclones boat ????
Jim

Cs19
10-24-2004, 02:06 AM
Always the fallback "go to" response when you get beat :sleeping: :sleeping:
Dork Jones,
Fallback? I dont think so. I posted that in responce to cyclone ribbing me (in a friendly way) about removing my lake boat gear or "beating my lake boat". Its just some friendly bench racing thats been going on for a few months.
So anyways.. lets say i get beat by Cyclone...Can I "fallback" and say, "well mines a lake boat and yours isnt" ????
Uhh no.. Cyclone runs his on the river as much as I do and burns 91 octane just like me.He may have it on race gas at the track ( I dont know) but regardless, its a lake boat. So how is that a fallback? I would never say that anyways.
Your obviously trying to take a shot at me, WTF?

Cs19
10-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Mudpumper, thats funny. Actually, I will just kick his ass all week playing racquetball making him run around the court!
Well, we just finished up tonight, need to do a little more work tomorrow to lighten up his fat hull and then the motor and new rail kit can go in.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20raceready.jpg
HBjet
Im calling bullshhit, thats an old photo. :D

Cs19
10-24-2004, 02:12 AM
Ok I take it back, its not an old photo after a little more investigation. Damn you guys are serious. :D I like it!!

djdtpr
10-24-2004, 02:57 AM
Dork Jones,
Fallback? I dont think so. I posted that in responce to cyclone ribbing me (in a friendly way) about removing my lake boat gear or "beating my lake boat". Its just some friendly bench racing thats been going on for a few months.
So anyways.. lets say i get beat by Cyclone...Can I "fallback" and say, "well mines a lake boat and yours isnt" ????
Uhh no.. Cyclone runs his on the river as much as I do and burns 91 octane just like me.He may have it on race gas at the track ( I dont know) but regardless, its a lake boat. So how is that a fallback? I would never say that anyways.
Your obviously trying to take a shot at me, WTF?
WOW chris why all the anger?You know we are the drama free zone right?I thought it was just educational reading there fallback guy.Hey by the way keep the pm's comin they keep me laughing.TEAM BRULE' RULES!!!!!!!!

billet racing
10-24-2004, 07:19 AM
I recall a certain race couple of years ago, Marty Stretch pulling all the gauges, bilge pumps, carpet and anything he could find out of his boat. Even had couple people helping him to scrape the glue form the carpet off the boat. Trying to get that extra tenth to win a race.
It's a disease, and very contagious.

MikeF
10-24-2004, 07:30 AM
I recall a certain race couple of years ago, Marty Stretch pulling all the gauges, bilge pumps, carpet and anything he could find out of his boat. Even had couple people helping him to scrape the glue form the carpet off the boat. Trying to get that extra tenth to win a race.
Sandbaggin at it's finest! :D

cyclone
10-24-2004, 09:18 AM
That damn carpet glue sure is strong stuff. I'm going to be in a heap of trouble once jessa sees the boat is missing her seat!

Cs19
10-24-2004, 10:31 AM
WOW chris why all the anger?You know we are the drama free zone right?I thought it was just educational reading there fallback guy.Hey by the way keep the pm's comin they keep me laughing.TEAM BRULE' RULES!!!!!!!!
No anger, just want to see what dorks deal is.
Drama free zone? You guys outta change that to drama queen zone. :D j/k
Hope you guys are making progress on the LAKE BOATS.
Talk to you guys later..Cs19

Dirk Jones
10-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Come to terms with it. Keep calling it a river boat so you can always use it as an excuse when you get beat. Brilliant brilliant brilliant.

Cs19
10-24-2004, 10:52 AM
Okay, im going back with my original statement, thats an old photo. :rollside:

Cs19
10-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Come to terms with it. Keep calling it a river boat so you can always use it as an excuse when you get beat. Brilliant brilliant brilliant.
Check out this guys recent posts, they tell this guys story.
See you at the races Dork Jones.

djdtpr
10-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Check out this guys recent posts, they tell this guys story.
See you at the races Dork Jones.
Come on Chris come admit it that your boat is not a lake boat.
ITS A RIVER BOAT

cyclone
10-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Lake boat, river boat, banana boat...who cares? I dont care what you call your boat as long as you have fun with it, whether its at the race track, the local pond, river or ocean.

Squirtin Thunder
10-24-2004, 01:24 PM
No ocean for my Sanger !!!! It will sink !!!! And I will get wet !!!!
Jim

Cs19
10-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Come on Chris come admit it that your boat is not a lake boat.
ITS A RIVER BOAT
No, its a hardcore drag boat now. I cant call it a river boat anymore like Dork said.
Apparently a boat equipped with a pump gas engine,alternator,wet headers, water fuel separtors, offset steering,cup holders, stainless gunnell tanks,3 bilge pumps and passenger seating is a full on drag boat these days.
Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant.

djdtpr
10-24-2004, 02:26 PM
No ocean for my Sanger !!!! It will sink !!!! And I will get wet !!!!
Jim
Mine doesnt even need to be in the ocean just has to go to ming.I think it makes a pretty good submarine but a little tough to get on the trailer afterwords.

Squirtin Thunder
10-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Danny,
I have been there with my old flat. It sunk on the beach on the Sac river. It took 10 guys and two women to help get it on the trailer. The women just barked orders. It wouldn't have sunk if we would have just not listend to them to begin with. But it was one of those it won't sink when that big huge 85' ocean liner goes by throughing a 15' wake ant a wopping 3mph.
Jim

steelcomp
10-24-2004, 03:39 PM
No, its a hardcore drag boat now. I cant call it a river boat anymore like Dork said.
Apparently a boat equipped with a pump gas engine,alternator,wet headers, water fuel separtors, offset steering,cup holders, stainless gunnell tanks,3 bilge pumps and passenger seating is a full on drag boat these days.
Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant.
All that in a drag hull. :confused: Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. :D
Don't give 'em any slack, Chris. :boxingguy

bp
10-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Remember it must have two seats, to be a River Racer !!!
Jim
the only classes that require two seats are ski jet, ski flat, and ski hydro. everybody else can do what they want. the only other rule regarding the seat is that the gas tank cannot be attached to it, or made part of it (don't ask, it's in the book).

bp
10-24-2004, 06:59 PM
one more thing. it would be really good to see some improvements in a couple boat's rope deflectors. the rule book states minimum .049 tubing, at a 45 degree angle (to the hull).
anyone that's been around racing for any length of time will tell stories of rope failures, ropes not being pulled up from the barge, etc. if your deflector is not capable of "deflecting" the rope over your scoop, really bad things can happen, like your boat sinking, or people getting hurt. if i talked to ya about it last time, please take some time to make sure it meets the requirements.
also, there were some questions regarding fire extinguishers. you are required to have a 5lb extinguisher in the tow vehicle, available at the pit. this does not mean two 2.5 pounders, it means at least one 5 pounder. the rules do not require your boat to have one on board. Please make sure you have it available for tech at the next race. thanx.

77charger
10-24-2004, 07:09 PM
one more thing. it would be really good to see some improvements in a couple boat's rope deflectors. the rule book states minimum .049 tubing, at a 45 degree angle (to the hull).
anyone that's been around racing for any length of time will tell stories of rope failures, ropes not being pulled up from the barge, etc. if your deflector is not capable of "deflecting" the rope over your scoop, really bad things can happen, like your boat sinking, or people getting hurt. .I have seen the rope not being pulled up when i was ready to go(2 times) i said something about it to to the the officials so it was corrected the next time out(turned out to be a substitute for the regular guy) and this was only in one season

steelcomp
10-24-2004, 09:36 PM
Sounds like somebody's jealous!! :rollside:

helter skelter
10-25-2004, 12:45 AM
After the last race... leaving sat. morning late, blowing the lights out on the trailer, blowing out a tire, tearing the fender off said trailer, searching for 2 hours and driving almost back to San Diego for the wrong size tire, arriving after 1st round, barely making second round, having to pit out in the dirt lot somewhere near Gilroy, screwed up clocks, not bringing the generator so I could charge the battery between rounds, not having the parts I needed to make the changes I wanted, and tagging a piston with a valve on a first round bye, I'd have to say... as far as racing in this event... and racing in general...
HELL YEAH!
The Forbidden Doughnut will be out running UBFJ. Got to break in the "freshen up" on river boat engine somehow... and down the track seems like a fine way to me. Between work and going to school, there is not enough time to finish putting the injected engine back together... and the bottle, even if it is just a little bottle, is a no-no in PGJ. :frown:
Hopefully it will do better in the new hotrod Crusader than in the river wagon gullwing last year (8.91 et, 117mph.)
SDPM... chasing down the record this time... or tuning for Firebird? Save me a spot this time... or I'll bring Bubba over to leave something for you in your stockroom again. :D

UBFJ #454
10-25-2004, 04:45 AM
Quote helter skelter: "The Forbidden Doughnut will be out running UBFJ."
Great! ... The More Boats, The More Runs We All Get! ... Plus, if there are three (3) or more boats (Some other guys have said they may step in) ... Someone will have a Little Money at the end of the day to help offset travel expenses ... And that could be Anybody the way Racing is.

pops1
10-25-2004, 08:39 AM
Your Impeller is setting in a box for you. Should I send it to Brock or Hold it for you here. Dave Aggressor.

sdpm
10-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Quote helter skelter: "The Forbidden Doughnut will be out running UBFJ."
Great! ... The More Boats, The More Runs We All Get! ... Plus, if there are three (3) or more boats (Some other guys have said they may step in) ... Someone will have a Little Money at the end of the day to help offset travel expenses ... And that could be Anybody the way Racing is.
You have got to be kidding about the money part! After winning the ming fling with 5 boats in our class and paying $250.00 to race and about 400.00 to get there and sleep somewhere not counting food and drinks, when we received our " winning" check at the next race, I could do nothing but laugh!! $100.00 It use to be that you would at least win back your entry. What a joke! There were more boats at that race than any other in the recent past. Whatever!! I gave it to the 2 guys that are at the in and out ramps. They work their asses off.

UBFJ #454
10-25-2004, 02:53 PM
I hear you ... But ... Every Little Bit Helps ... Even if it just goes to Tipping In & Out Ramp Peeps ... As We All Should Do.

djdtpr
10-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Lake boat, river boat, banana boat...who cares? I dont care what you call your boat as long as you have fun with it, whether its at the race track, the local pond, river or ocean.
Ya what he said!!!!
Mike you forgot to mention even underwater.

cyclone
10-26-2004, 03:25 PM
oh yeah i forgot. you should just change the name of your boat from Second Hand to Black Submarine!

boatslayer
10-26-2004, 03:32 PM
i wil probaly be there that weekend because its my bday, and to watch my good buddy boat030 race
:cool:

Cs19
10-27-2004, 08:31 PM
I called the Rio Bravo "resort" tonight and asked about the jacuzzi situation, he said it wont be fixed till spring. So I told em that we are all going to stay somewhere else then. He said he will make some calls in the morning to try and get it repaired. :)
Looking forward to the next race.

Squirtin Thunder
10-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Check out the power of a jet river racer. :D

djdtpr
10-28-2004, 07:54 AM
I called the Rio Bravo "resort" tonight and asked about the jacuzzi situation, he said it wont be fixed till spring. So I told em that we are all going to stay somewhere else then. He said he will make some calls in the morning to try and get it repaired. :)
Looking forward to the next race.
If we dont stay at the rio bravo then where are we going to stay?I wonder what happened to the jacuzzi anyways.I wonder if the jacuzzi is broke if they can heat the pool instead.Just a thought.

bp
10-28-2004, 05:01 PM
hey, there's always motels 5, 6, 7, or 8. i'll be stayin' at motel 32...

Cs19
10-28-2004, 06:54 PM
I tried callin there twice today, no answer. Ill keep trying.
DJD, they said the pipes undergorund broke from those earthquakes. (Jacuzzi)

Mrs.Racer277
10-28-2004, 07:02 PM
We should be there to watch. Hope to meet some of you guys there. :D

uglycstmr
10-29-2004, 09:31 AM
If we dont stay at the rio bravo then where are we going to stay?I wonder what happened to the jacuzzi anyways.I wonder if the jacuzzi is broke if they can heat the pool instead.Just a thought.
Good luck on gettin them to do anything besides close the bar early anymore, and for god sake don't go in to eat, there always out of whatever you want :rolleyes:

cyclone
10-29-2004, 10:44 AM
that Ramada Inn in Bako supposedly has an indoor jacuzzi. that might be the hot ticket and it's 30 bucks cheaper than the Rio. Of course this means we've got to wake up earlier for the driver's meeting but hey I'll trade an early wake up for a spa party any day of the week and twice on sunday. :D

superdave013
10-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Good luck on gettin them to do anything besides close the bar early anymore, and for god sake don't go in to eat, there always out of whatever you want :rolleyes:
Hey, is this Lew?

uglycstmr
10-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Hey, is this Lew?
That depends, who is this?? :confused:

78Southwind
10-29-2004, 06:32 PM
That depends, who is this?? :confused:
Hey Lew or Lew's Girlfriend
About time you found this place.
Jerry

djdtpr
10-30-2004, 10:58 AM
that Ramada Inn in Bako supposedly has an indoor jacuzzi. that might be the hot ticket and it's 30 bucks cheaper than the Rio. Of course this means we've got to wake up earlier for the driver's meeting but hey I'll trade an early wake up for a spa party any day of the week and twice on sunday. :D
Count me in at the Ramada if you guys want to stay there.I can sleep in this time i aint driveing so i dont have to go to the drivers meeting.At first i thought it wouldnt bother me but now it is kinda bumin me out.Oh well next year we will run again.

Cs19
10-30-2004, 08:02 PM
Called the rio again. He said "the jacuzzi is working this weekend, so it should work next weekend" whatever that means..
Im staying at the Rio, its just so convienient there.
I need someone to launch me 2 times on Saturday if anyone wants to volunteer. :D Thanks..Cs19

Cs19
11-02-2004, 09:51 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USCA0062?from=search_city
Scroll down to the 10 day forcast. :mad:
They are calling for rain on Fri/sat.
Still looking for someone to launch me on Saturday for 2 runs..Any help would be great.

Squirtin Thunder
11-02-2004, 09:56 PM
cs19,
Where is the catapult ???? :idea:
Jim

Cs19
11-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Launch my boat or back me in the water.

Cs19
11-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Weather report looks better than it did a few days ago. :)
River racer X,http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2004-08-11_11.52/Resource/emoticons/thumbs_up.gif River racer S,http://messenger.msn.com/MMM2004-08-11_11.52/Resource/emoticons/thumbs_up.gif wwwwatch the lights, brrraaappp. :220v:

UBFJ #454
11-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Running around this morning getting misc. race things done ... Staging race equip. to load this afternoon ... Fueling trucks and loading early this evening ... And ... Gone Early Tomorrow ... Headed to Ming.
See You'all There.

Cs19
11-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Man this thing is hardly even moving, just kinda hovering over that area. :burningm: Im heading out in the morning, boats dialed in.
http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_fat_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg

Mrs.Racer277
11-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Its sunny right now. No clouds, rain, or wind. The forecast for tomorrow is sunny 63.
Have a safe drive.