PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Channel

Tow Guy
10-23-2004, 09:35 PM
I Saw On Havasu T.V. Today That They Are Trying To Get A Petition Together For A No Open Container Law In The Channel WTF!?
First The Noise, Now No Open Container???????????
I Actually Quit Drinking A Few Years Ago.......
But I'll Start Again Just To F*** With That Law!!!!!!!!
Went To The Car Show Today....The Sud's Were Flowin All Over,
Guess If You Have Grey Hair And Are 50+ Open Containers Are Ok??? :confused: :confused:

welk2party
10-23-2004, 09:37 PM
I Saw On Havasu T.V. Today That They Are Trying To Get A Petition Together For A No Open Container Law In The Channel WTF!?
First The Noise, Now No Open Container???????????
I Actually Quit Drinking A Few Years Ago.......
But I'll Start Again Just To F*** With That Law!!!!!!!!
Went To The Car Show Today....The Sud's Were Flowin All Over,
Guess If You Have Grey Hair And Are 50+ Open Containers Are Ok??? :confused: :confused:
Never happen in my opinion. Too hard to enforce.

Tow Guy
10-23-2004, 09:38 PM
I Hope Not.....
Next No Smoking In Public View?

cc322
10-24-2004, 06:30 AM
Allthough, we all could benefit from some new laws (changes) that will keep us safer on the water this isn't one of them. IMO The city will be real carefull on what gets passed as a law, we the boaters bring alot of revanue to the city, so I think they will be very carefull what gets passed and what doesent. It's kinda like we need the lake as much as they need our dollars. Does any body know of a organization for boaters ? kinda like surfrider foundation or ijsba. Something that we could have a say in, :confused: such as political issues regarding boating laws, and boating enforcement issues.

shueman
10-24-2004, 07:11 AM
I maybe be totally wrong, usually am, but I see the channel CLOSING DOWN to "motorized" boats within 5-10 years. They want that "tourism" draw, and it's not there today. They'll put walk-way bridges across it from the bridge south, so that visitors can rent little paddle boats and such. They want to "tame" it back and lose the MTV Spring Break image.

KACHINA KEN
10-24-2004, 11:03 AM
There already is an open container law, if you get off your boat and walk on the promenade you are in violation, nothing new here..... :rolleyes:

LHC30Victory
10-24-2004, 11:41 AM
They pass that law and my house is for sale! I'll go buy a couple o' acres by Catherines and build my own ramp! All HB forum members will be welcome to beach and drink at my place then!

phebus
10-24-2004, 12:56 PM
They pass that law and my house is for sale! I'll go buy a couple o' acres by Catherines and build my own ramp! All HB forum members will be welcome to beach and drink at my place then!
I guess I'd better register to vote in Havasu then. :D

Boatcop
10-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Great Idea!
But I don't think the National Park Service is selling.

LHC30Victory
10-24-2004, 01:23 PM
I bet I could get Kerry to exchange a little dirt for a vote. But then again, he may take it back after the election if the tide changes :shift:

a catered life
10-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Great Idea!
But I don't think the National Park Service is selling.
nothing aganist cops but i find it weird cops always want to pass some small stupid law and then complain that they dont have the manpower ot time to enforce the stupid laws they ask for. i agree there should be changes to effect the people who abuse the drinks not the ones who use their heads. only 1 in 15 boaters is a idiot counting me that might be 2 in 15 just my opinion

phebus
10-24-2004, 02:11 PM
No one said the cops wanted to change the law. I'm sure their workload now prevents them from dealing with the real issues they would like to. Politicians are the one's to blame.

LHC30Victory
10-24-2004, 03:16 PM
nothing aganist cops but i find it weird cops always want to pass some small stupid law and then complain that they dont have the manpower ot time to enforce the stupid laws they ask for. i agree there should be changes to effect the people who abuse the drinks not the ones who use their heads. only 1 in 15 boaters is a idiot counting me that might be 2 in 15 just my opinion
Phebus is right! Rarely are Cops the ones who want more laws, they already know what to do with the ones they have. It's the politicians who need to stay busy to justify their jobs that come up with stupid crap that is already addressed (usually) under existing law. Take for example the teak surfing law that was recently passed. That is easily prosecuted under other existing prohibitions.

GlastronGuy
10-24-2004, 03:27 PM
nothing aganist cops but i find it weird cops always want to pass some small stupid law and then complain that they dont have the manpower ot time to enforce the stupid laws they ask for...
That's the biggest load of crap I've ever read on this board.
:rolleyes: