PDA

View Full Version : OH NO the sky is falling!!!!

spectratoad
10-25-2004, 08:58 AM
Anyone else getting tired of the poll frenzy in this last week of lie telling and panic the public tactics? :notam:

Blown 472
10-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Anyone else getting tired of the poll frenzy in this last week of lie telling and panic the public tactics? :notam:
Been sick of it for a long time now.

572Daytona
10-25-2004, 09:26 AM
I've been tired of it for a long time as well, can't wait until it's over. But with lawsuits and whatnot that may be a quite some time still. So what are all of these media hacks going to do when this is over? About the only thing good about this whole process is that it got a lot of money out of the pockets of the filthy rich (aka Soros) and back into circulation. Hopefully it didn't all go to buy crack since it will just end up back into his pockets that way anyhow

Rexone
10-25-2004, 09:40 AM
I have lost a lot of respect for the media (not that I had all that much when the campaign started) as well as the campaigners organizers and ad creators. And they can stick the polls right where the sun don't shine. The media makes a mockery out of everything these days in the interest of ratings pure and simple. I rarely even listen to any of their commentary or opinions any more, just straight news stories and turn it off when the analysts start in.

Blown 472
10-25-2004, 10:07 AM
I have lost a lot of respect for the media (not that I had all that much when the campaign started) as well as the campaigners organizers and ad creators. And they can stick the polls right where the sun don't shine. The media makes a mockery out of everything these days in the interest of ratings pure and simple. I rarely even listen to any of their commentary or opinions any more, just straight news stories and turn it off when the analysts start in.
Just the reason I got rid of tv two years ago and dont miss it.

1978 Rogers
10-25-2004, 10:53 AM
Any guesses on how long the lawyers have the out come tied up, to decide who wins the election. I say at least a month.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm glad we gave it up too. It's been 12 years. I miss it sometimes, but not now.

v-drive
10-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Any guesses on how long the lawyers have the out come tied up, to decide who wins the election. I say at least a month.
well, they can keep it tied up for as long as they want. George is the sitting President. :D v-drive

Jeanyus
10-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Say it aint so.
I will give up my TV when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
What about footbal, and the world series?
I was raised by the TV set, and if I had kids I would be using the TV to raise them to. No TV in un-American. Blown no wonder your such a mess ;) ;)

572Daytona
10-25-2004, 05:13 PM
I don't watch TV hardly at all and neither do the kids (they watched quite a bit when they were preschool though) . About the only thing I watch is some cartoons on the cartoon network and an occasional formula 1 race. I used to watch Jon Stewart but I don't find him as funny now that he's become quite a bit more outwardly partisan. Our big 36" TV is mainly used to play gamecube games. My wife has taken to watching the news shows which I can't stand, she had Geraldo on last nite when I came to bed and almost didn't get laid, since he (and pretty much any "news" or talk show is much more effective than a cold shower AFAIC).

10-26-2004, 08:24 AM
If it weren't for the History Channel, Discovery channels, NG and a couple of others on Direct TV I'd dump it too....then My wife and I would accually have to talk to each other. :eek:

spectratoad
10-26-2004, 10:07 AM
We watch tv in the AM for weather and at night for about 10 minutes before we turn the lights out for bed, unless there is a good movie on.
My biggest comlaint with satellite is they should let me pay for the channels I want/watch. That would allow me about 5 instead of 60 or so.