PDA

View Full Version : Nov/Dec Issue of ***boat

Taylorman
10-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Just wanted to comment on how much better ***boat mag has been the past couple of months. This month has some good how to articles. I wanted to make this comment since everyone was bitchin a few months ago about how there was only big boat stuff in the mag. Also, i want to give props to the guy who is writing about the blower motor build. Nice job. I bet that motor is going to make a fast jet boat. Also the article on bottom blueprinting, thats one familiar looking boat. Where have i seen that before?

shadow
10-25-2004, 11:00 AM
***boat has a magazine. :confused: :)

roostwear
10-25-2004, 11:03 AM
You couldn't tell it by looking in MY mailbox! What the hell! Am I going to be the LAST one in America to receive my copy?

MudPumper
10-25-2004, 11:19 AM
Just wanted to comment on how much better ***boat mag has been the past couple of months. This month has some good how to articles. I wanted to make this comment since everyone was bitchin a few months ago about how there was only big boat stuff in the mag. Also, i want to give props to the guy who is writing about the blower motor build. Nice job. I bet that motor is going to make a fast jet boat. Also the article on bottom blueprinting, thats one familiar looking boat. Where have i seen that before?
I'd have to say the guy who wrote the motor article is the reason the mag is turning around. Also, I bet that motor will make a JetBoat go about 115mph. ;) :D LOL Mike you are doing a bang up job brother, keep up the good work.

Taylorman
10-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Holy shit, its that fast now. I agree, great articles. I think his name is in the mag more than Kevin Spaise. I have to say that is the hookup, getting paid to document and write about the motor thats going in your boat. The article on HB's bottom work was great also.

Big Proppa
10-25-2004, 11:31 AM
Plus I hear there is a bad ass picture of some stud standing next to his blown cp and then a few more pages forward a nice picture of his motor at DNE - I sure would like to get that guys autograph. :D :D :D
Thanks to ***boat, DNE and Tom Papp racing for making it all possible

Taylorman
10-25-2004, 11:36 AM
Plus I hear there is a bad ass picture of some stud standing next to his blown cp and then a few more pages forward a nice picture of his motor at DNE - I sure would like to get that guys autograph. :D :D :D
He almost looks like your avatar.

MudPumper
10-25-2004, 11:49 AM
I heard that guy is a total fag. :eek:

Big Proppa
10-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Sounds like you might know from experience - MUD PUMPER :p

Taylorman
10-25-2004, 11:56 AM
LMAO

Jetdriver
10-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Thumbs up to Mike for sure!

HBjet
10-25-2004, 12:16 PM
I agree, it has been a lot better, even if that blue boat was never in the mag. Good job~!
HBjet

hack job
10-25-2004, 12:40 PM
mike has done some killer work over there, and i cant wait to see what he has up next for us;)

Big Proppa
10-25-2004, 12:52 PM
I thought he was going to track the progress of 2 90 mph jet boat daycruisers right!.

Jake W2
10-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Big P your (ex)CP was lookin good in that pic to bad is was not in color.Good job Mike.
Jake

Squirtcha?
10-25-2004, 03:50 PM
Yay! My boat got featured......sorta...............Welllll o.k. I just got lucky and parked next to Cyclone's boat when the picture was taken at FCI. We take..........what we can get... :)
What's up with all the black n white shots? If you're going for the artsie look, it aint working. I'll chip in for some color film for the next issue. Lemme know?

djdtpr
10-25-2004, 05:27 PM
It is pretty cool to see a little of the old Hot Boat start to make a come back.I was amazed when i saw the jet tech section is back.It is pretty cool to see the real Hot Boats that made the river and the lake what it is today get the recognition that they need and deserve.It getts old looking at the same big boats all the time.Good job to all at Hot Boat magazine for all the work they have been putting forth.
Danny

1Bahnerjet
10-25-2004, 06:39 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/43Monday_October_25_2004.jpg

MudPumper
10-25-2004, 07:11 PM
That's right it's MudPumper not FudgePacker you prick. LMAO :D

WUTWZAT
10-25-2004, 08:07 PM
You couldn't tell it by looking in MY mailbox! What the hell! Am I going to be the LAST one in America to receive my copy?
I saw your neighbor grab it and make a mad dash for the bathroom, you might want to get a fresh copy.
Jason

roostwear
10-25-2004, 08:19 PM
I saw your neighbor grab it and make a mad dash for the bathroom, you might want to get a fresh copy.
Jason
Ya right. Have YOU tried to find ***boat on a magazine rack? :cry:

Cs19
10-25-2004, 08:35 PM
I already told Mike what i thought about the issue the other day. Its awesome!! Its like old school hot boat, I also like how he throws in things aboutthe message boards..Very cool.
It would have been wayyy better if it had a black and white daytona in that issue though.
:lightsabe

Squirtin Thunder
10-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Mike PM me with your address and I will send it to you tomarrow.
Jim

Squirtcha?
10-25-2004, 08:59 PM
That aint happening. Checked a number of racks (magazine) in my neighborhood and nothing doing.

Taylorman
10-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Yay! My boat got featured......sorta...............Welllll o.k. I just got lucky and parked next to Cyclone's boat when the picture was taken at FCI. We take..........what we can get... :)
I did not notice that was your boat. I just went back and looked again. Did not realize it was yours in the black and white picture.

Squirtcha?
10-26-2004, 11:14 AM
I did not notice that was your boat. I just went back and looked again. Did not realize it was yours in the black and white picture.
Yeah, kinda sorta subdued looking in black and white eh?

HBjet
10-26-2004, 11:48 AM
It would have been wayyy better if it had a black and white daytona in that issue though.
:lightsabe
I think in honor of that B&W Daytona they ran all of the photos in B&W. :idea:
HBjet

Taylorman
10-26-2004, 11:55 AM
What city/state is this event in? I'd love to haul it out there for the next one. Is there an award for longest trip?

HBjet
10-26-2004, 01:42 PM
What city/state is this event in? I'd love to haul it out there for the next one. Is there an award for longest trip?
a few miles south of Parker Az. There was before, but who cares, just come out and party with us!
HBjet

HBjet
10-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Total Est. Time: 25 hours, 4 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1556.54 miles
Nothing! Just stay for a week and boat on Parker during the week when the water is calm for us jet guys.
HBjet

78Southwind
10-26-2004, 01:46 PM
I might be a little biased commenting on this issue but what the hell Mike you did a great job. For those of you that were wondering what the back of my boat looked like heres a photo that ***boat left out.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1676***boat-med.JPG

Squirtcha?
10-26-2004, 01:56 PM
For those of you that were wondering what the back of my boat looked like heres a photo that ***boat left out.
That's a fine lookin errr umm Southwind ya got there. ;)

MudPumper
10-26-2004, 09:46 PM
I might be a little biased commenting on this issue but what the hell Mike you did a great job. For those of you that were wondering what the back of my boat looked like heres a photo that ***boat left out.
Jerry, I must be slow. I didn't realize that was your boat in the mag. Looks great.

78Southwind
10-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Jerry, I must be slow. I didn't realize that was your boat in the mag. Looks great.
Thanks Mike I hope to finish the engine some time next year and then on to the pump. So I am sure you will get some PM's from me sooner or later.

LVjetboy
10-27-2004, 01:33 AM
"Good job to all at Hot Boat magazine for all the work they have been putting forth."
Uhm, ya. Good job HBM. Your eternal support for true Hot Boats no matter the market is an inspiration to us all. No really? :rolleyes:
Or should I thank Mike? Or maybe the forums. I think I'll go with the forums first for enlightening HBM. Then Mike for stepping up to the challenge. Well done Mike. Lastley, HBM? for finally acknowledging and yes financing the crave of many of their own devoted subscribers.
jer

Blown 472
10-27-2004, 04:04 AM
You mean "cyclone I dont work for a magazine" sheesh. :rolleyes:

flat broke
10-27-2004, 10:16 AM
TROLL

cyclone
10-27-2004, 10:19 AM
If i recall correctly, I said "I dont work for Truckin' Magazine"
sheesh.
Obsess much?
:D

beef jerky
10-27-2004, 11:47 AM
good issue, i have read it ten times :)

roostwear
10-27-2004, 11:59 AM
good issue, i have read it ten times :)
The postal Service has apparently confiscated my copy......

roostwear
10-27-2004, 12:03 PM
sheesh.
Obsess much?
:2purples: :confused: :D

Dick Jones OCP
10-27-2004, 12:05 PM
The postal Service has apparently confiscated my copy......
man that sucks, ill have a talk with them and see what i cant get done :argue:

WheelerDealer
10-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Great job Mike. One of these days I'll have to bring the Texas Posse out there and hang with y'all! Looks like fun.

roostwear
10-27-2004, 12:20 PM
man that sucks, ill have a talk with them and see what i cant get done :argue:
I kicked the Head Postal Nazi in the junk, and he muttered something about it being 9/11 related.

Blown 472
10-27-2004, 11:13 PM
sheesh.
Obsess much?
Does it show? :notam:

Nitro Neil
10-28-2004, 06:29 AM
YOU GUYS CAN READ? :confused:

Taylorman
10-28-2004, 06:31 AM
YOU GUYS CAN READ? :confused:
For one to be able to type, he must first master reading :cool:

Nitro Neil
10-28-2004, 06:37 AM
:sleeping: Now why doesn't HOT BOAT fix there web site! It is so out of date other than the forums. Photo report (there is?) is not there, HOT BOAT COVE pics (what pics) are so old there is mold growing on them along with the hags in the bikinis.Great job HOT BOAT.NOT! :hammer2:

Taylorman
10-28-2004, 07:18 AM
:sleeping: Now why doesn't HOT BOAT fix there web site! It is so out of date other than the forums. Photo report (there is?) is not there, HOT BOAT COVE pics (what pics) are so old there is mold growing on them along with the hags in the bikinis.Great job HOT BOAT.NOT! :hammer2:
I guess you can't please everyone. Hey at least the magazine is shaping up. Why would you want to look at pictures on Hot Boat web sight when you can have enlightening conversations on the forums with all of these fine folks?
Heres a link to about 3 weeks worth of pictures to view (http://www.***boat.com/image_center/index.php)

bp
10-28-2004, 05:08 PM
I think in honor of that B&W Daytona they ran all of the photos in B&W. :idea:
HBjet
hey, that's battleship gray, not b&w.. :rolleyes: your boyz should get a good view of it next weekend as they follow it down the track :) oimcrackinuphere, very long weekand it aint over yet...

Squirtcha?
10-28-2004, 05:28 PM
I guess you can't please everyone. Hey at least the magazine is shaping up. Why would you want to look at pictures on Hot Boat web sight when you can have enlightening conversations on the forums with all of these fine folks?
I agree Taylorman. Much better than it was a year or so ago. I think it's great that they're coming around.

1978 Rogers
10-28-2004, 06:09 PM
It sounds like you guys had a blast at the FC. Hopefully they keep happening. I don't think I'll get longest drive.
Total Est. Time: 21 hours, 22 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1389.47 miles

78Southwind
10-29-2004, 06:46 PM
You know I always thought that comment was funny until I tried to find another copy this month. You wouldn't think there was a magazine when I went to Boarders, Rexmarine, Vons, Albertsons, and Ralphs and no ***boat.
WTF :hammerhea

roostwear
10-29-2004, 07:08 PM
It sounds like you guys had a blast at the FC. Hopefully they keep happening. I don't think I'll get longest drive.
Total Est. Time: 21 hours, 22 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1389.47 miles
They'll keep happening.......
I
I
I
I
I
I
V

72Hallett
10-29-2004, 08:29 PM
You know I always thought that comment was funny until I tried to find another copy this month. You wouldn't think there was a magazine when I went to Boarders, Rexmarine, Vons, Albertsons, and Ralphs and no ***boat.
WTF :hammerhea
78 Southwind, check your pm's

Squirtin Thunder
10-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Mike,
Did it come today ???
Jim

DansBlown73Nordic
10-30-2004, 01:38 AM
I have looked around here for a copy. It is impossible..... :mad:
How many of you have gotten your T-Shirts???? :angry2:
I think they are making mine one stitch at a time. :confused:

hack job
10-30-2004, 08:32 AM
they always ahve it at boaterworld too. before i got me subscription that is were i obtained it;)

78Southwind
10-30-2004, 08:56 AM
Found one at another Albertsons :)

cyclone
10-30-2004, 02:35 PM
try stater bros. i find it there pretty regularly. of course subscriptions work too. :)

1Bahnerjet
10-30-2004, 03:38 PM
I have looked around here for a copy. It is impossible..... :mad:
How many of you have gotten your T-Shirts???? :angry2:
I think they are making mine one stitch at a time. :confused:
a better question might be "how many of you wear those T-Shirts"
give mine to G/F & Daughter. They like the Colors.

roostwear
10-30-2004, 05:51 PM
try stater bros. i find it there pretty regularly. of course subscriptions work too. :)
Au contrere.......

steelcomp
10-30-2004, 06:35 PM
hey, that's battleship gray, not b&w.. :rolleyes: your boyz should get a good view of it next weekend as they follow it down the track :) oimcrackinuphere, very long weekand it aint over yet...
Dddaang, BP...you OK??? :messedup:

78Southwind
11-03-2004, 07:17 PM
I will take a guess how about so you see all the ad's while your fumbling through trying to find page 103 :mad: .