PDA

View Full Version : jetboat

blueskiller
04-27-2001, 07:19 PM
is there anyone out there that knows any history about glencoe boats where they a good brand app. what does a jetboat weigh with trailer

Jetmugg
04-28-2001, 07:48 PM
A while back, in ***boat magazine, they had a complete listing and brief history, of all performance boat manufacturers, A to Z. You might want to check for a back issue. Also, the USCG has a website, and they can provide manufacturer's info based on the hull I.D. number.
As far as weight goes, it's best to weigh your rig on a truck scale, but here are some general "ballpark" numbers. Probably around 1000# for a bare daycruiser hull, another 1000# for a big block and the jet drive, maybe 500# for upholstery and rigging, and somewhere around 750# for the trailer. For a standard 20 foot daycruiser, that comes to about 3250#.
(Your actual number may vary - legal disclaimer)
SteveM.

spectras only
04-29-2001, 10:47 AM
1976 20 Spectra daycruiser specs; complete boat 2550 pounds dry. Boat and trailer [no fuel in tank]fotografix tandem trailer w/brakes 4035 pounds at the scales. Hull weights vary between manufacturers. This is an average for the hulls like schiada, sanger,howard,eliminator etc.

gstark
04-29-2001, 06:22 PM
I owned an 1973 18' Glencoe 455/12JCA for 18+ years. I believe Glencoe went under in the late 70's as I do not recall seeing any for sale listing dates in the 80's.
They were located in Santa Ana, CA.
My hull was a splash of a Wreidt.
Glencoe's were considered an entry level boat for the most part.
My hull was not built with full length stringers, and until the fwd mounted steel fuel tank developed a pin hole leak and dumped 24 gal of gas under the floorboard, this was never a problem. After rebuilding the tank and putting in a new floorboard, I sold the boat and purchased a new Caliber 1.
My neighbor has a 20' with a BBC and a Jacuzzi pump. Good shape. Good boats if taken care of. I put an hour meter in mine about 10 years ago, and put over 450 hrs of run time on it, without any mechanical failure. Of course, maintenance is the reason for that.
They made jet runabouts, fishing boat style bow rider with and without pumps, as well as the larger style day cruiser.
Hope this helps.
P.S. My traded-in boat is for sale, in case one is interested.

gstark
04-29-2001, 06:25 PM
One last thought.
I did a lot of trailer upgrading, boxing in, etc. New axle with disc brakes.
Weight on a registered scale, boat, trailer, and about 10 gal of fuel was 3100 lbs.
I do not believe you will find any manufacturers data on the MIC database.