PDA

View Full Version : Is it me????

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-25-2004, 12:35 PM
Am i the only one that thinks it is REDICULOUS for my friends 1st grade son has his OWN CELL PHONE..............

ratso
10-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Am i the only one that thinks it is REDICULOUS for my friends 1st grade son has his OWN CELL PHONE..............
I'd let my first grade child have one if they could spell ridiculous... :D :p :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Nope. It's not just you. My middle schooler wants one and we say NO! We have nextels, so in high school, we'll probably get her the two way, so she can contact us and any friends who have nextel, but she's not letting her little "friends" use her phone for "emergencies."

uglycstmr
10-25-2004, 12:40 PM
What does a 5-6 year old child need a cell for??? :confused: :rolleyes: What is this world coming to??

Powerquestboy
10-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Its pretty retarded if you ask me. I remember my dad getting mad at me for getting a cell phone when I was a freshamn in COLLEGE. He thought it was ridiculous and he was probably right. I just feel bad for the school teachers that have to deal with these little F'ers that think they need to have their cell phones in class. What can they do though, the parents are obviously supporting this behavior.

Waldo
10-25-2004, 12:44 PM
ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!
No cells phones until THEY can afford to pay for it!!!

Racer277
10-25-2004, 12:47 PM
This is a big problem in schools today.
Do you (and really can you) ban phones in schools.
They were a saving grace at Columbine, and at other school situations as well.
So, the Administrators don't know if they (can) should ban them and what the ramifications are (who is liable if something happens). Most schools that I've been to are trying to ignore the issue.
I have no opinion on this, just adding to the mud. :)

dicudmore
10-25-2004, 12:49 PM
definitely not necessary :220v:

Powerquestboy
10-25-2004, 12:52 PM
They will never be able to ban them but it should be manditory that they remain turned off all day in my opinion and there should be heavy consequeces if your phone rings during class or your caught playing games on it. Who the hell is calling these kids anyway? Stock brokers, their life insurance guy? There friends are in school too, probably sitting right next to them.

Waldo
10-25-2004, 12:53 PM
This is a big problem in schools today.
Do you (and really can you) ban phones in schools.
They were a saving grace at Columbine, and at other school situations as well.
So, the Administrators don't know if they (can) should ban them and what the ramifications are (who is liable if something happens). Most schools that I've been to are trying to ignore the issue.
I have no opinion on this, just adding to the mud. :)
We cannot ban cell phones at our school/district. They are allowed but in such a way where it is only used for emergencies. Phones are not allowed to be turned on during the class day, except for an emergency situation. The rule is promoted this way and the phone will be taken away if used otherwise. Whereby, the parents are notified and they meet the the assistant principal to get the phone back.
But the second that bell rings.....the phones come out like crazy. I teach at a middle school where :messedup: the students range from 11-14 years of age.

Racer277
10-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Maybe if they had a phone that could only dial out to the parents number or 911?
This may solve most of the arguments for and against?

Havasu_Dreamin
10-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Absolutely insane!

MsDrmr
10-25-2004, 12:59 PM
no...its ridiculous all right

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-25-2004, 01:00 PM
ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!
No cells phones until THEY can afford to pay for it!!!
DADDY, WILL YOU PAY FOR MINE??
lUV, kAYLA

Waldo
10-25-2004, 01:03 PM
DADDY, WILL YOU PAY FOR MINE??
lUV, kAYLA
Yeah right!
We'll both get it in a few years.
I can hear it now.....Come on dad! Sarah has one!

LVJAKAZ
10-25-2004, 01:03 PM
My son is in 9th grade and we just got him on our Nextel account. He has football practice everyday after school so it helps. I told him its not for him to talk to his girlfriends its for ME to get alhold of him when I need to. :mix:

HCS
10-25-2004, 01:06 PM
Seems to me a 1st grader wouldn't hold on to the phone very long.
They'd probably loose it.
Seems not only ridiculous, but stupid.

ahhell
10-25-2004, 01:13 PM
1st grade, hell no. as soon as after school sports came into play it was kinda handy....jr high at the soonest :idea: