PDA

View Full Version : Billy B dolly wheels ?

haulina29
10-25-2004, 03:24 PM
I orered a dolly from Ellis and Mike said you had the connection on the trick wheels I would appreciate any info .I didnt want to bother you at work thanx in advance Mitch

Sangster
10-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Billy.. I could use the same info, We plan on building 3 dolly's over the winter.. :D :D :D

BILLY.B
10-26-2004, 05:41 AM
I orered a dolly from Ellis and Mike said you had the connection on the trick wheels I would appreciate any info .I didnt want to bother you at work thanx in advance MitchMitch & Sangster, the wheels I get are DOT approved and believe it or not I haven't had any problems (knock on wood) even when towing to CFW twice at 65 mph. There a steel wheel because the aluminum tend to crack, even though there are alot more wheels to choose from in aluminum I prefer the steel. They only come in a 4 lug bolt pattern and resemble a chrome mod wheel. You can call me at the shop and tell me how many you want if you choose to go that way

haulina29
10-26-2004, 06:12 AM
Thanks Billy i need a set of four i will call you late afternoon Mitch

WILDERTHANU
10-26-2004, 07:48 AM
I ALWAYS THOUGHT ABOUT TOWING WITH A DOLLY TRAILER...BUT THOSE LITTLE WHEELS ARE CRANKING...I'D WORRY ABOUT MY BEARINGS GETTING HOT?? I KNOW AT PRIME MARINE WE HAD ISSUES WITH THE DOLLY TRAILERS.... :supp:

LakesOnly
10-26-2004, 09:36 AM
I ALWAYS THOUGHT ABOUT TOWING WITH A DOLLY TRAILER...BUT THOSE LITTLE WHEELS ARE CRANKING...I'D WORRY ABOUT MY BEARINGS GETTING HOT?? I KNOW AT PRIME MARINE WE HAD ISSUES WITH THE DOLLY TRAILERS.... :supp:
I towed from Medford, Oregon to Yuba City, California stopping only for gas (425 miles).
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/8C/80/30009996-9486-02000180-.jpg
Yes, I had a grease gun riding shotgun, but I found I never had to use it for the 425-mile trip. I'm sure it helps that I did not have a motor loading down the trailer, but I suspect that keeping an eye on the little tires might be more important than the bearings. Good high-speed rated DOT tires are a must.
LO

BILLY.B
10-27-2004, 07:50 AM
I ALWAYS THOUGHT ABOUT TOWING WITH A DOLLY TRAILER...BUT THOSE LITTLE WHEELS ARE CRANKING...I'D WORRY ABOUT MY BEARINGS GETTING HOT?? I KNOW AT PRIME MARINE WE HAD ISSUES WITH THE DOLLY TRAILERS.... :supp: You have to use timken bearings and the best races you can buy. Regular marine wheel bearing grease won't work either, tends get runny when hot. I bought some synthentic high temp wheel bearing grease from Rex Marine and that stuff does a great job. I believe Lucas Oil also has some great stuff along with Mobil oil synthentic grease. And always make sure the air pressure is right, to low and you'll lose a tire due to heat.

msmeads1
10-27-2004, 06:40 PM
ellis is in the process of building my dolly right now for my B BOAT. rims and tires were gotten from Mr Billy B.
I will post pic's once complete.
jon

Hud
10-28-2004, 06:14 AM
The rear wheels off a riding Snapper mower work great!.....C'mon!! :messedup:

scottys
10-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Who carries the 4-lug hubs-axles-and springs?

Kindsvater Flat
10-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Who carries the 4-lug hubs-axles-and springs?
Northern carries them and any trailer parts warehouse will have them. Builders of snowmobile trailers. I think even NAPA will carry them.

WILDERTHANU
10-28-2004, 05:16 PM
You have to use timken bearings and the best races you can buy. Regular marine wheel bearing grease won't work either, tends get runny when hot. I bought some synthentic high temp wheel bearing grease from Rex Marine and that stuff does a great job. I believe Lucas Oil also has some great stuff along with Mobil oil synthentic grease. And always make sure the air pressure is right, to low and you'll lose a tire due to heat.
YA, I ALWAYS SEE DUMMIES FLY PAST ME AT 80+ WITH THEIR BRAND NEW SEA-DOO ON A DOLLY AND JUST LAUGH!! I HEAR YA ON THE BEARINGS AND GREASE, I'VE SEEN THE CHEAP SHIT GET HOT AND FAIL. OF COURSE MARKERS AND RUNNING LIGHTS WOULD BE A PLUS.....

haulina29
10-28-2004, 06:10 PM
I only plan to flat tow 60 or so miles when we go out of town it will be in the trailer , kind of a pain in the ass to take a enclosed rig to Knights Landing were the parking is tight . I will do as Billy says and put all the good stuff in and check pressures etc. :rollside:

voodooCanoe
10-28-2004, 06:48 PM
I towed from Medford, Oregon to Yuba City, California stopping only for gas (425 miles).
http://a6.cpimg.com/image/8C/80/30009996-9486-02000180-.jpg
Yes, I had a grease gun riding shotgun, but I found I never had to use it for the 425-mile trip. I'm sure it helps that I did not have a motor loading down the trailer, but I suspect that keeping an eye on the little tires might be more important than the bearings. Good high-speed rated DOT tires are a must.
LO
Hey Lakes, I forgot you have "twisted". Hows it coming together. To pretty to sit in the garage!