PDA

View Full Version : Questions about CeeBee Avenger jetboat

Leadfoot
03-01-2001, 08:11 PM
I just purchased a 1976 Avenger jetboat.Very sharp looking.Finally found the manufacturers phone#.They didn't have much info about it.Does have a 1976 Berkeley pump.They said it was more than likely original as is the 455 Olds.Very sharp looking boat.it is a 180 Avenger.Anyone know anything about them?The block has a crack in it.Previous owner froze the motor.Replaced all the internals only to find a crack in the #2 cylinder.I already have a new block (.30 over just like what's in there).I am wondering if a place diverter is worth the money,some people say yes & some say no.Opinions?Any suggestions on performance? Also has the factory through hull exhaust(which I want to keep).Has a mild RV/marine cam in it.

Caribbean19'
03-03-2001, 07:59 PM
I was finally able to convince my wife that a Diverter was for more than just throwing the rooster tail. If you pull skiers, it does help keep the bow down during the hole shot. With wake boarding, your speeds are slower than skiing, and you can point the nozzle down and still stay on a plane at lower speeds to keep your boarder happy. Also, if you have kids or new skiers/boarders, the diverter will again allow you to tow them more slowly. At the higher speeds, you can trim up to reduce the wetted surface of your hull. You can actually feel the hull come unglued from the water and you pick up speed. Also, if there is chop, put the nozzle down and you move through the water more smoothly. After several trips, my wife was a believer also. Try to drive someone's boat with one to get a feel. Good luck!

ChetCapoli
03-09-2001, 12:45 PM
I have a hydrolic diverter complete brand new in the box that i would sell. Email me at slopenoze930@aol.com if interested

Jim Hall
03-12-2001, 05:32 AM
I to have an 18' Avenger, 460 ford, berkley
pump with place diverter. I love the boat and the place diverter makes a tremndous difference, highly recommended!