PDA

View Full Version : Weather Round II

spectratoad
10-26-2004, 06:18 AM
Well it is raining real good down here in the valley. Tahoe-Truckee school district is closed, the mountains are getting hammered, chains required over Donner. Supposed to be like this for a couple days then a day or so break then back at it again at the end of the week.
I hope it does this all winter so we can have some full lakes next season. :D

schlepy
10-26-2004, 06:44 AM
i just flew over big bear mountain and was sick to my stomach to see how low the water level was. hopefully this season brings it back up....

BarryMac
10-26-2004, 07:13 AM
Well it is raining real good down here in the valley. Tahoe-Truckee school district is closed, the mountains are getting hammered, chains required over Donner. Supposed to be like this for a couple days then a day or so break then back at it again at the end of the week.
I hope it does this all winter so we can have some full lakes next season. :D
That very reason my Parents are hauling ass out of Reno next week and heading to the big SD for three months...

a catered life
10-26-2004, 04:45 PM
i just flew over big bear mountain and was sick to my stomach to see how low the water level was. hopefully this season brings it back up....
i agree was in big bear last month and couldnt believe how low the water had gotten they built a brand new ramp last year and it never opened the lake dryed up to fast do you believe that. what are the big bear people thinking about better try to preserve the lake or no summer income :hammerhea

SHOTKALLIN
10-26-2004, 04:49 PM
big bear has a summer income???

SSTahoe
10-26-2004, 04:51 PM
It has been raining and snowing almost all day here in the Minden/Gardnerville area but we need it. I don't want the only boat ramp to be Cave Rock/Tahoe next year!!!

JetBoatRich
10-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Let it Rain :cool: I have to commute up north tomorrow :frown: makes the drive fun and slow :cool:

XtrmWakeborder
10-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Its raining here in gg now..i bet mammoth is gettin hammered, i heard this storm was from alaska.

BarryMac
10-26-2004, 05:58 PM
It has been raining and snowing almost all day here in the Minden/Gardnerville area but we need it. I don't want the only boat ramp to be Cave Rock/Tahoe next year!!!
Hey SSTahoe, what do you do in Minden???
I was born and raised in Incline Village...

ahhell
10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
just starting to rain in Hesperia, and its a whopping 44 degrees, possible snow tonight:????kids are hoping for a "snow day"

JetBoatRich
10-26-2004, 06:05 PM
just starting to rain in Hesperia, and its a whopping 44 degrees, possible snow tonight:????kids are hoping for a "snow day"
It is pretty cold, they say low snow levels tonight :rolleyes:
StormWatch 2004 :D

XtrmWakeborder
10-26-2004, 06:11 PM
StormWatch 2004 :D
LMAO i love when they do that..this just in death toll is still at zero, but were watching this one closely lol

Mrs.Racer277
10-26-2004, 07:21 PM
It has been raining here non stop since about 1:00. The temp is in the high 40's. That's cold for around here. And the city is about to float away. Poor drainage. :hammer2:

JetBoatRich
10-26-2004, 08:05 PM
running through the channels, channel 9 is out there doing live shots :yuk:
You would think it never rained there before :yuk: the reporters can really give you a good laugh :rollside:

Mrs.Racer277
10-26-2004, 08:16 PM
I am telling you 8 hours of rain and my back yard now has a swimming pool. On the way home the streets were flooded all the way across and that was after only 4 hours. So how bad does it look??? I guess I missed the news I was busy on Hot Boats. :hammer2:
It doesn't rain in Bakersfield. There will be sand bags everywhere tomorrow. :eek:

shueman
10-26-2004, 09:29 PM
running through the channels, channel 9 is out there doing live shots :yuk:
You would think it never rained there before :yuk: the reporters can really give you a good laugh :rollside:
STORM WATCH 2005....news at 11.... :D

Debbolas
10-26-2004, 09:32 PM
Raining here in Alta Loma, a nice slow gentle rain. We didn't have too much mud in the streets from the hills. ( I was kinda worried about the hills from the fires.) We should have a nice green growth up there going for this winter :D

JetBoatRich
10-27-2004, 05:09 AM
Looks like the roads are going to be fun today :boxingguy

BarryMac
10-27-2004, 05:10 AM
Looks like the roads are going to be fun today :boxingguy
Leave early for wherever you are traveling, people forget how to drive when a little water falls from the sky...

Tow Guy
10-27-2004, 05:13 AM
Let The Idiots Crash (With-Out Injury) And I'll Have All Kind's Of New Part's For The Boat Next Summer :smile:

spectratoad
10-27-2004, 06:31 AM
UGH, 27 degrees this AM when I woke up. Some ice on the roads on the way to work but everyone seemed to be behaving themselves. Of course I am on the road before the rush.
Vegas this weekend though, ahhhh back to some warm temps. :)

SSTahoe
10-27-2004, 06:46 AM
Hey SSTahoe, what do you do in Minden???
I was born and raised in Incline Village...
Nice Incline Village the rich area JJ :shift: . I own a Avation Maintenance shop at the Minden-Tahoe Airport. We will be a FBO (Full Base Operation) by the first of the year so if any of you come up to boat in Lake Tahoe let me know I will give you a deal on some AVGas for your Boat. The Carson Valley is really growing we even have a In & Out now ( I know its not a big deal for some of you but it is here all we have had is mom & pop shops)

bordsmnj
10-27-2004, 06:54 AM
it dumped all night here in garden grove. got up at 5:30am still dumping went back to bed instead of work and now it's clear and cold outside. it had better rain some more today or my boss is gonna be pissed! :D

Mrs.Racer277
10-27-2004, 07:00 AM
Let The Idiots Crash (With-Out Injury) And I'll Have All Kind's Of New Part's For The Boat Next Summer :smile:
I heard last rain Y.L. had a little trouble. School closed on Plumosa (sp) becuz of mud from the hills. Water distric had 5 feet of mud in the basement.
Staples had the roof fall in. What fun.

JetBoatRich
10-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Mrs.Racer277 how is the weather now, I am passing trough your way in about two hours.

Mrs.Racer277
10-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Mrs.Racer277 how is the weather now, I am passing trough your way in about two hours.
Good morning Rich. No rain so far. The streets are dry. A little cold 50. Where are you headed? Drive Safe. :D

dicudmore
10-27-2004, 07:17 AM
raining here in Vegas :devil: