PDA

View Full Version : Name with Rep Points Poll!!!

NOTALENT
10-26-2004, 06:37 AM
So what does everyone think about it automatically leaving ur name with ur rep responses??? Talked to ***boat...and he was curious as well... so lets see the votes.

ChumpChange
10-26-2004, 06:45 AM
Tough decision. On one hand, it would be nice to get all those people who leave nasty messages out in the open, such as those to Kilroy. On the other hand, watching a lot of people try and determine who is their sniper is kind of funny.

superdave013
10-26-2004, 06:54 AM
you mean you actually read those?

NOTALENT
10-26-2004, 07:06 AM
wow...I thought there would be alot more no's..

Big_Gunz_
10-26-2004, 07:19 AM
Even though the points don't mean anything, it would be nice to see who is still willing to write nasty things about people and take credit for what they write.

PHX ATC
10-26-2004, 07:26 AM
Here's the deal. Well, my deal.
I sign my name to all of them. Good or bad. If I forget to sign, I PM them and let them know it was me. Those people who have given me rep have almost always signed their postings without much ado. I personally don't care if they sign them or not.
It seems the problem is with the neg rep points. I've tossed a few negatives out there, but always signed my name, as it was a point I believed wasn't very nice or warranted to be bantered about here on the internet. That's just my opinion and nothing else.
Besides, it's kinda like a detective show when you get bad rep points. Kinda like "Where in the World is the Beaumont Sniper" show! :p

ratso
10-26-2004, 07:31 AM
I voted "Who Cares" simply because I don't. I've gotten some red before but I don't come on here whining about it. It's funny to see everybody piss and moan about who gave them red and all the threads so people can get some green. I send out green sometimes and I've sent red. I don't always sign my name. If I think you're a prick, and most people that know me personally, will admit I'll go right in your face with it. This is a fun place to be and a fun place to jack with people too. If it isn't religion or politics or some bullshit lawsuit, then it really isn't worth getting your feathers ruffled over it...or taking cheap shots about Kilrtoy's wife. The sniper deal cracks me up because people get so upset about it, and for the record it isn't me...Drama on the boards can be fun and keeps things lively, although I don't normally participate in it...it is still fun to watch it go down... :D

NOTALENT
10-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Exactly..It seems that just lately there have been these incidents..with these rep points...what the hell...??

FRENCHIE
10-26-2004, 07:33 AM
Hot boat will be doing it!!! ;)

PHX ATC
10-26-2004, 07:34 AM
Hot boat will be doing it!!! ;)
Doing what?

RiverDave
10-26-2004, 08:08 AM
Now you gotta admit, there's some serious humour involved with leaving someone a negative rep point, making some "snide" ass comment and then signing someones name to it that ya don't like.. LOL :D
Overall though, sure why not, lets see who the snipers are.
RD

Trigger
10-26-2004, 08:13 AM
Wow. Yet another worry post about rep points. Do away with them. What is the big deal about them. By someone giving you neg rep points, does it make you any less of a person? Are you going to change the way you live your life over someones comment made in them? If you like something about someone, email them and tell them so. If you don't like what someone is doing email them and tell them so. This way you know who is telling you their opinions. Seems pretty simple to me. Why so many people are going crazy over these things and are wasting alot of time and energy over them is beyond me. And I thought we would have all grown past the "my daddy can beat up your daddy" stages. :confused:

NOTALENT
10-26-2004, 08:18 AM
Wow. Yet another worry post about rep points. Do away with them. What is the big deal about them. By someone giving you neg rep points, does it make you any less of a person? Are you going to change the way you live your life over someones comment made in them? If you like something about someone, email them and tell them so. If you don't like what someone is doing email them and tell them so. This way you know who is telling you their opinions. Seems pretty simple to me. Why so many people are going crazy over these things and are wasting alot of time and energy over them is beyond me. And I thought we would have all grown past the "my daddy can beat up your daddy" stages. :confused:
Yes...it is very Devastating when I get hit...I am emotionally scarred... :( I mean...man I just cant describe the pain!!! Its So Excruciating :notam: ....ummm...NO!!! :D

1978 Rogers
10-26-2004, 08:20 AM
Sure why not. If your complimenting someone, why not leave who its from.

Jordy
10-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Who cares? I think it's funny as there are some really bad snipers out there. Posting in the thread you're going to snipe someone on, at like 3:30 in the morning when there are 4 people on, and then not signing your name isn't exactly sneaky...
I say leave it the way it is. Much like Beaumont, it will die down eventually. :D

Mrs. Restless22
10-26-2004, 08:59 AM
I personally dont care...but Im guessing that if your name is automatically signed...those that give out the negatives will stop.

Keithb87
10-26-2004, 09:11 AM
I too have given out a few neg's.. But I allways sign + or - Put the names on it.. cuts out the DRAMMA :eek:

Froggystyle
10-26-2004, 09:15 AM
All I can say is, if they make these reps visible, I bet there are going to be some suprises to everyone.
I say make 'em visible. I have signed every one.

Freak
10-26-2004, 10:38 AM
All I can say is, if they make these reps visible, I bet there are going to be some suprises to everyone.
I say make 'em visible. I have signed every one.
LOL...no kidding it would be a all out neg reps WAR! Oh it's on baby, it's on.

Freak
10-26-2004, 10:42 AM
Who cares? I think it's funny as there are some really bad snipers out there. Posting in the thread you're going to snipe someone on, at like 3:30 in the morning when there are 4 people on, and then not signing your name isn't exactly sneaky...
I say leave it the way it is. Much like Beaumont, it will die down eventually. :D
I have to through a wrench in that. Problem is their might be more than 4 persons on. ---- Invisible mode.

Jordy
10-26-2004, 10:47 AM
I have to through a wrench in that. Problem is their might be more than 4 persons on. ---- Invisible mode.
So it's not an exact science, however, based upon the hit you take in the points you should have an idea of who it was. I was making a generalization based upon some that I have gotten, where at 3:30 in the morning the person made a post responding to one of mine, then at 3:31 I got a negative for the exact same post that wasn't signed.
I've also watched people leave reputation. When you're giving or taking away points, it will show that in your profile. I watched someone snipe me, as they were the only one in the forum, only one in the thread, and when I looked to see what they were up to, it showed "Leaving Reputation" at 11:20 and I got an unsigned negative from that exact thread, at that exact time? Coincidence? I don't think so.
Don't really care, but like I said, just find it funny that someone goes to all the trouble to be an internet tough guy and snipe ya, yet they're not clever enough to do it without leaving a trail. :D :D :D

Bre
10-26-2004, 10:48 AM
I put who cares.
Doesn't matter to me. If anyone writes anything negative to me it's noramlly true. :D

It's Only Money
10-26-2004, 10:52 AM
I just joined so my vote may not count much...I say who cares. I have been lurking a while and can't believe the fuss this causes. The other forums that use the rep point system don't seem to have the drama that is over here. Do you guys really put any real meaning to the points or is it simply a popularity contest?

Freak
10-26-2004, 10:58 AM
So it's not an exact science, however, based upon the hit you take in the points you should have an idea of who it was. I was making a generalization based upon some that I have gotten, where at 3:30 in the morning the person made a post responding to one of mine, then at 3:31 I got a negative for the exact same post that wasn't signed.
I've also watched people leave reputation. When you're giving or taking away points, it will show that in your profile. I watched someone snipe me, as they were the only one in the forum, only one in the thread, and when I looked to see what they were up to, it showed "Leaving Reputation" at 11:20 and I got an unsigned negative from that exact thread, at that exact time? Coincidence? I don't think so.
Don't really care, but like I said, just find it funny that someone goes to all the trouble to be an internet tough guy and snipe ya, yet they're not clever enough to do it without leaving a trail. :D :D :D
I must say you have done your detective work. It's obvious you have a real good idea of the culprit. I’m with you “who cares”. I will say I do enjoy all the drama over something so frivolous.

HCS
10-26-2004, 10:58 AM
I like the rep points. Especially when I get some dumb comment with a red
chicklet.
Cracks me up. :boxed: :hammerhea

Freak
10-26-2004, 10:59 AM
I just joined so my vote may not count much...I say who cares. I have been lurking a while and can't believe the fuss this causes. The other forums that use the rep point system don't seem to have the drama that is over here. Do you guys really put any real meaning to the points or is it simply a popularity contest?
Popularity contest. I think you hit the bulls eye right there.

Desert Rat
10-26-2004, 11:00 AM
WHAT and forgo all the drama that gets stired up?

Bre
10-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Popularity contest. I think you hit the bulls eye right there.
Go over to Havasu Barney :) No drama or popularity contests over there :D

HCS
10-26-2004, 11:14 AM
I would hang out at some of those other dark places. But I can't when I'm
at work. Too many naked shots. I don't want to get fired. :rolleyes:
I have to be carefull when I'm on here. :sqeyes:

Rexone
10-26-2004, 11:14 AM
I agree with Trigger, turn the shit off, it's gay and just a source of contraversy. Same with the old star system.
But assuming that isn't going to happen...
If you turn the names on now after the fact on prior messages you'll have some very hard feelings created both ways (+ & -) which IMO isn't necessary or desireable. If you turn it on it should be going forward, not backward. Set the system to zero and start it over.
Kind of like an anynomous charity doner donating to a charity for years under the understanding of being anynomous and then the charity arbitrarily deciding to make all donors public. Not a good idea. I'm sure there are + comments made here under cover that members don't necessarily want made public since they were not made under those circumstances and would not have been left if they'd have known they'd become public. I know I personally have left some and received some (mostly postive in nature) that there is no way I would have left for public viewing. Just like private messaging.
It is not just the negatives that should be considered. To change midstream would be like making all PM's or emails public all of a sudden. Whatever messages are there were made under the pretense of privacy in the feedback area. If people wanted their comments public (+ or -) they would have simply posted them. Whenever you violate anyone's privacy expect problems. I know when mine is violated I get fairly intense about defending it as I will if any private comments I've made privately on this or any forum are made public. Since the system was set initially to have feedback private, people have a reasonable expectation that it would remain so.
My point is there is info & comments there that aren't necessarily negative that shouldn't be public.
Rex(notalwaysonthepopularsideofthefence)one

Freak
10-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Not a good site to surf while at work. Ya know what I mean. :wink: I do miss your avitar...

Her454
10-26-2004, 11:16 AM
I voted "Who Cares" simply because I don't. I've gotten some red before but I don't come on here whining about it. It's funny to see everybody piss and moan about who gave them red and all the threads so people can get some green. I send out green sometimes and I've sent red. I don't always sign my name. If I think you're a prick, and most people that know me personally, will admit I'll go right in your face with it. This is a fun place to be and a fun place to jack with people too. If it isn't religion or politics or some bullshit lawsuit, then it really isn't worth getting your feathers ruffled over it...or taking cheap shots about Kilrtoy's wife. The sniper deal cracks me up because people get so upset about it, and for the record it isn't me...Drama on the boards can be fun and keeps things lively, although I don't normally participate in it...it is still fun to watch it go down... :D
I completely agree..............:):):) AND Rexone also has a very good point. What was private should remain that way. Start over if need be.
Now you gotta admit, there's some serious humour involved with leaving someone a negative rep point, making some "snide" ass comment and then signing someones name to it that ya don't like.. LOL :D
Overall though, sure why not, lets see who the snipers are.
RD
Some things never change.....Stir, Stir, Stir................

It's Only Money
10-26-2004, 11:18 AM
I agree with Trigger, turn the shit off, it's gay and just a source of contraversy. Same with the old star system.
But assuming that isn't going to happen...
If you turn the names on now after the fact on prior messages you'll have some very hard feelings created both ways (+ & -) which IMO isn't necessary or desireable. If you turn it on it should be going forward, not backward. Set the system to zero and start it over.
Kind of like an anynomous charity doner donating to a charity for years under the understanding of being anynomous and then the charity arbitrarily deciding to make all donors public. Not a good idea. I'm sure there are + comments made here under cover that members don't necessarily want made public since they were not made under those circumstances and would not have been left if they'd have known they'd become public. It is not just the negatives that should be considered. To change midstream would be like making all PM's or emails public all of a sudden. Whatever messages are there were made under the pretense of privacy in the feedback area. If people wanted their comments public (+ or -) they would have simply posted them. Whenever you violate anyone's privacy expect problems. Since the system was set initially to have feedback private people have a reasonable expectation that it would remain so.
My point is there is info & comments there that aren't necessarily negative that shouldn't be public.
Rex(notalwaysonthepopularsideofthefence)one
Wow...I dint even think of all those points. Good post.
Now I changed my mind entirely. Do away with them completely or as he said make it only for posts going forward.

topless
10-26-2004, 11:19 AM
What will happen is that if you do give a red and your name appears, then whoever you gave it to will give you a red back. Kind of lame but kinda like a bitch fight only with chicklets! LMAO......I think it's funny because the posts that I think mught get a neg never do. It's the ones that don't mean a thing that get the negatives. The funny part is that when they are signed, you know its not the persons signature :hammerhea anyway.

HCS
10-26-2004, 11:20 AM
I think it should show green and red chicklets both.
With stars under them. :idea:

topless
10-26-2004, 11:22 AM
I think it should show green and red chicklets both.
With stars under them. :idea:
Maybe a fireworks show. LOL

superdave013
10-26-2004, 11:23 AM
man, if you turn them on now I'd be in trouble. Well maybe. Her454 will know it's me sending her those love notes about her boobs! LMAO :D
traci, will I get a spankin if you find out that's me?? :D
This is some fun stuff! C'Mon

Bre
10-26-2004, 11:24 AM
I would hang out at some of those other dark places. But I can't when I'm
at work. Too many naked shots. I don't want to get fired. :rolleyes:
I have to be carefull when I'm on here. :sqeyes:
Yeah... I know :(
Well my house can't fire me so :wink:

Bre
10-26-2004, 11:25 AM
Not a good site to surf while at work. Ya know what I mean. :wink: I do miss your avitar...
I miss it too. But it really was bugging someone :notam:

Jordy
10-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Her454 will know it's me sending her those love notes about her boobs! LMAO :D
You too??? And I'm sure that we're not the only ones, right Party Cat? :D :D :D

superdave013
10-26-2004, 11:29 AM
You too??? And I'm sure that we're not the only ones, right Party Cat? :D :D :D
Ney now, don't c block me brah! :crossx:

Jordy
10-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Ney now, don't c block me brah! :crossx:
You are talking about my wife here. But I'm not going to cb ya... have at it. :cool:

superdave013
10-26-2004, 11:42 AM
You are talking about my wife here. But I'm not going to cb ya... have at it. :cool:
Ok, sounds like this is gonna get pretty good. :clover:
But we gotta hang together to keep Jim Anderson and Larry Nebb out of the loop! :boxingguy

Jordy
10-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Ok, sounds like this is gonna get pretty good. :clover:
But we gotta hang together to keep Jim Anderson and Larry Nebb out of the loop! :boxingguy
I haven't heard from either of them, but Oxbig was supposedly riding his hog to Phoenix as T and I were planning the wedding. Guess he's hot after Kourtney. :jawdrop:

Her454
10-26-2004, 11:49 AM
man, if you turn them on now I'd be in trouble. Well maybe. Her454 will know it's me sending her those love notes about her boobs! LMAO :D
traci, will I get a spankin if you find out that's me?? :D
Oh and here I thought you were the one callling me an attention *****! Why Thank you La- uh I mean SuperDave. :):)