PDA

View Full Version : Hp Exhaust Needed!

TIMINATOR
10-26-2004, 08:08 AM
I've got a 24 Eliminator Daytona with a 5.7 SBC in it now,I'd like to find a set of HP exhausts for it, I'm gonna run it for a while like this until I get all of the rest of the transom parts to install the Teague XR drive that I have, then I'll need a HP exhaust setup for the BBChevy. An EMI Thunder,Dana,CMI or Lightning will do nicely for either, needing repair is OK too. I also need a BRAVO Gimble, gimble housing,outer bellhousing(helmet?),inner transom plate, and waterpump too. CALL ME with what you have, or PM me. TIMM 623-877-8553 THANKS!!! P.S. anyone know anything about the 24 Daytona? How fast do you think with 725 H.P. at 6200 RPM? Thanks again!

jackpunx
10-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Add a lifeline to that list :eat: :D
Not sure about the speed.. depends on Gears and prop..Do you have any idea where your going to start ?

TIMINATOR
10-26-2004, 08:20 PM
Nope. I would appreciate the prop people adding their 2 cents. The gears are 1.5s. I was thinking about starting with maybe a 28 and seeing what that does. With the lower lift roller that was in the motor and single 1050 it ran a stainless AA impeller to 5800 rpm and 96+ mph in a 21 Daytona jet with 2 people, half fuel. I never ran anyone with the cheater kit on it, but I have played with that too..... Lets see.....6000 rpm,1.5 gears,28 pitch, 12% slip.....= 93.3 MPH Anyone think that is possible? or do I have to use the 2 1050s on the 8-71 too? The drive is a Teague Platinum XR upper,Bravo lower with XR driveshaft and IMCO prop shaft, will it live? Also I notice that most Daytonas use 4 blade props, with the 5.7/Alpha in it now it runs best with a 3 blade. The different 4 blades I've tried all slow it down 4-6 mph. HELP!!!! TIMM

plaster dave
10-26-2004, 10:18 PM
Nope. I would appreciate the prop people adding their 2 cents. The gears are 1.5s. I was thinking about starting with maybe a 28 and seeing what that does. With the lower lift roller that was in the motor and single 1050 it ran a stainless AA impeller to 5800 rpm and 96+ mph in a 21 Daytona jet with 2 people, half fuel. I never ran anyone with the cheater kit on it, but I have played with that too..... Lets see.....6000 rpm,1.5 gears,28 pitch, 12% slip.....= 93.3 MPH Anyone think that is possible? or do I have to use the 2 1050s on the 8-71 too? The drive is a Teague Platinum XR upper,Bravo lower with XR driveshaft and IMCO prop shaft, will it live? Also I notice that most Daytonas use 4 blade props, with the 5.7/Alpha in it now it runs best with a 3 blade. The different 4 blades I've tried all slow it down 4-6 mph. HELP!!!! TIMM
well I got a howard cat that has 800 to 850 hp, 1.50, 28 lab and I have gone 101 on gps in summer time 115 out and no you dont need 1050's I have 2 850's on a moonyham 871 with 6 lbs of boost. I hope this helps.

TIMINATOR
10-29-2004, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the input, Dave. The 8-71 was on my '68 Nova street/strip car w/468" Iron headed BBC at 17 lbs.boost. It ran mid 9s @ 142 as a pumpgas daily driver. The new motor for that is a 360 aluminum headed 548 Merlin at 40% over. Also took out 240 lbs of dead weight. Expecting high 8s in street trim. Just got it back from the paint/upholstery guys and am gonna rewire it too. Anyway thats the long explanation for the 1050s. Instead of the N/A 572 I may try the blown deal, theres lots of time for that... Thanks again,also what size is your boat and weight? TIMM

plaster dave
10-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the input, Dave. The 8-71 was on my '68 Nova street/strip car w/468" Iron headed BBC at 17 lbs.boost. It ran mid 9s @ 142 as a pumpgas daily driver. The new motor for that is a 360 aluminum headed 548 Merlin at 40% over. Also took out 240 lbs of dead weight. Expecting high 8s in street trim. Just got it back from the paint/upholstery guys and am gonna rewire it too. Anyway thats the long explanation for the 1050s. Instead of the N/A 572 I may try the blown deal, theres lots of time for that... Thanks again,also what size is your boat and weight? TIMM
26' weight is said to be 4400lbs. by howard on a stock boat.
do you race your car on the track? If so are you in the PSCA?

TIMINATOR
10-31-2004, 08:30 PM
I am soooooo burned out: on the wait times in the lanes, mandated saftey equipment to be thrown out every 2 years, and general NHRA B.S. to go to the track very often. I get my stuff running well, and go out once or twice a year just to see what its doing. Its funny in a sad way, Dave Freiberger (Hot Rod) asks;"How come no-one races anymore?" I wrote letter after letter to the NHRA, and all the car mags when the NHRA put the fox in charge of the hen house. To wit: the saftey rules for new equipment is written by a comittee of the MANUFACTURERS!!! All the replies I recieved were personal, not published, and stated that this would keep the manufacturers "interested in parcipitating in the manufacturering process" and would keep the "industry healthy"(richer). The NHRA keeps the industry healthy at the expense of the racers. I WILL NOT SUPPORT THAT!!! I skydive..... my harness/container assembly is 9 years old, It HAS TO SAVE MY LIFE EVERY TIME I PUT IT ON. It is made from 1-3/4" webbing, and can be used as long as I feel like relying on it. The seatbelts in my Nova are 3" webbing, and must be replaced every 2 years, all they MAY BE CALLED ON TO DO is keep me from rattling around in the car IN CASE OF a wreck. The low 8 sec. dragster that I rolled (5 times) at 169+ MPH (trans exploded)had 2" harnesses that were 7 years old. I walked away from that one with only minor scrapes. The accident happened 2 months before the 2 year/ 3" rule went into effect. The NHRA can kiss my ass. I will go to the lake and not have to put up with the NHRA crap. The interesting thing is that I see a lot of the guys at the lake that I used to see at the track. TIMINATOR