PDA

View Full Version : HTM Racing

RiverDave2
12-13-2001, 05:24 PM
HTM Racing, is the bottom of your boat basically a shortened Warlock? I'm assuming the answer if going to come back no, so I will ask the next question right now as well, How do you explain the amazing similarities between them?
RD

rivercrazy
12-14-2001, 03:16 PM
????

HTM Racing
12-14-2001, 05:27 PM
Hi guys look on, what cat is this.. I replied there. Almost all cats have similar shapes / strakes / lifting strakes / etc it's all how that package is put togeather. I have not yet tried to put pictures of all the cat manufactures hull profiles side to side to see which are similar or not. People will say what they want, even if you show them the differences. Life is to good to always have to deal with this type of negative bull, it seem we are doomed if we reply and doomed if we don't. Anything we seem to say people try to worm out something bad and try and take a poke. So here we are again talking about the same things over and over and over and over and over....... Go ahead and say what makes you happy in the name of finding out the supposed truth, because it seems whatever we say is never good enough or what we prove is never proof enough. I guess we should be happy everyone has HTM to talk about, this board would be kind of dull. Have a Happy Holiday and God bless you and your family.
Originally posted by RiverDave2:
HTM Racing, is the bottom of your boat basically a shortened Warlock? I'm assuming the answer if going to come back no, so I will ask the next question right now as well, How do you explain the amazing similarities between them?
RD

Charley
12-16-2001, 01:02 PM
HTM RACING Can you produce a picture on this board of the wood plug your original mold was made with? I would agree your bottom is NOT a "splash" of the 28' Warlock... I think the question is can you deny that you started there and improved it by making step/strake changes?

JETBOAT BRIAN
12-16-2001, 09:07 PM
Wondering why all the armchair experts keep on hounding a manufacturer willing to come here and share info with us? Has warlock accused Htm of splashing their design? Is anyone out there with a warlock putting up the speed numbers that Htm is? Before you say it, no Im not kissing up to anyone to get a good deal on one.- Im a jet guy, and besides could not afford one If I did want one. Did anyone follow the article in Hot Boat On how Htm had to go after someone splashing his hull,and how they had to be destroyed? Or maybe Htm is only putting up the big numbers he is because he has copied someone elses engine,drive,and rigging setups also,,Give me a break!
[This message has been edited by JETBOAT BRIAN (edited December 16, 2001).]

rivercrazy
12-17-2001, 09:29 AM
Let's face it. Most boats out there are either a splash off an original design or a slightly modified version of the original. My boat is no different. Its just reality in the boating industry.
For example. We all know where the 4 lifting strake, rounded kell, with reverse chine came from originally just as we know where who created the first really high performance tunnel bottom.

MrHavasuCat
12-17-2001, 10:41 AM
Jetboat brian,
With due respect, nobody else is puting the king of hp in their boats that HTM are. I have no problems with HTM, I am just pointing out a fact. I spend a lot of time at Havasu, and I have yet to see a another 24' cat with 1300-1400 hp. There are a lot of good hulls out there that if you put similar hp in I think you would see similar numbers.
As far as Warlock goes There was a 28 cat that used to cruise Havasu with twin 1000 hp blower motors that was rumored to run close to 150 mph. The boat was yellow and black on a white hull. I have not seen the boat for the past couple of years, but a friend of mine that rode in it said it was wicked.
I own a DCB mach 26 and the most hp I have seen in this hull is 1000 hp. I know that SVO 540'S mach is putting out a little more, but I have not personally seen his boat. I know that the mach 26 with 1000 hp ran over 120 mph. This is in a 26' not a 24' boat with 300-400 hp less than the HTM's we are talking about. I think you need to compare "apples to apples" so to speak.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited December 17, 2001).]

JETBOAT BRIAN
12-17-2001, 11:26 AM
Were getting a little off track here,arent we? First it was all about well, Htm runs good but it was a splashed hull, then its ,well look how much HP he's putting in his boats Seems like alot of his customers are puttin some power to those boats also!So we go from splashing hulls to too much power to one Warlock 2 years ago that went 150 but now is gone~!Now lets talk about apples to apples .Let me ask this ,having never been to Havasu how many different like size cats would you see on any given summer weekend? Too many to list I would guess!I would also guess that many are trying to get the most Dependable speed they can for what they can afford, correct.Thats alot of different apples. Best of luck to you and your DCB. love them boats too,Regards,JB
[This message has been edited by JETBOAT BRIAN (edited December 17, 2001).]

RiverDave2
12-17-2001, 12:15 PM
JetBoatBrian, I happen to know of one 26' Cat running similar horsepower..
26' American Offshore, 1400 horsepower 141+ (can't give exact # but I'm sure the owner will soon enough http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif )
RD

JETBOAT BRIAN
12-17-2001, 12:17 PM
Ok Dave Ill ask again what is the point?

MrHavasuCat
12-17-2001, 12:20 PM
You asked if Warlock was putting up the same numbers as HTM. I was simply stating a fact that there was a Warlock that used to run at Havasu that put up some big numbers, but was running big hp. By the way this is the same boat they used in there add's in ***boat mag a couple of years ago. If you have some old issues look it up, I promise it does exist.
You are right in stating that many people are trying to get the most dependable speed they can afford. That being said, it is common knowledge at Havasu among the "cat crowd" that a lot of HTM'S are running big power. When you hang around a lot at the lake you get to know who is who as far as fast boats go. You also know who is running big hp as well. I was simply stating a fact that the only 24' cats (or similar size) I have seen running 1300-1400 hp at Havasu have been HTM'S. One of these boats is owned by Steve who is the owner of htm, and I don't think he is worried about reliability. my.02

RiverDave2
12-17-2001, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN:
Ok Dave Ill ask again what is the point?
The point is.... well I dunno. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
I'm just kidding with ya man, someone I don't know who (HBJet http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif) said that an HTM is a splash off a warlock. He then provided compelling evidence that it was a splash off a warlock. HTM said it wasn't hence the point of the whole conversation.. The exchange of information, and the expulsion of myths.. The question remains, Myth or not?
RD

JETBOAT BRIAN
12-17-2001, 12:41 PM
Being a dumb, poor, jet guy It really dont matter .....Just wish I was invited to your party

HBjet
12-17-2001, 03:45 PM
HTM, if everyone promises to not copy your original plug, the one which you have re-tooled since then because the original one had some problems, will you post just one picture of the wood plug?
Ok, maybe I'm going about this all wrong, I won't say splashed hull. How about incorporated? What I'm saying this that your origianl hull incorporated the same bottom as the 28' Warlock and then you made some minor modifications for your origianl hull? Does this sound familiar?
If that is still no good, I guess I can make a trip up to your shop. Instead of me towing a Warlock, or bringing the specs, a photo of your wood plug will do fine. You do have one right?
HBjet

HTMCHARLIE
12-17-2001, 04:50 PM
MRHAVASUCAT your right about the horsepower to weight issue. In havasu at the sandbar i see on the average 6 HTM'S with hot rod motors and maybe 3 or 4 other makes with maybe a 1000 horsepower most htms guys seem to enjoy big engines i personally can't afford one so i just have a 496 and happy with my 78 mph. i rode in mr pumps boat it scared the s**t out of me to damn fast for me.

RiverDave2
12-17-2001, 04:57 PM
Dam HBJet.... Weseasy for feleezy..
Your kinda taking this personally aren't ya? What Chet not giving you no play lately? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited December 17, 2001).]

MrHavasuCat
12-17-2001, 05:01 PM
78 is pretty good for a 496. Whatever makes you happy is good.

HBjet
12-17-2001, 05:02 PM
RD, Chet was fun, but times have changed, so I decided to move on. Thanks for asking. I do miss the good old days.
HBjet

Havasu Hangin'
12-17-2001, 05:06 PM
Dam HBJet.... Weseasy for feleezy...What Chet not giving you no play lately
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy30.gif
I guess if there isn't any controversy in HB(Heraldo Rivera)Jet's forum life, then he get's all empty inside.
There's a mean streak in his mouse...
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy25.gif
PS- In America, aren't we "innocent until proven splashed"...not the other way around?
[This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited December 17, 2001).]

Chet 17
12-17-2001, 05:19 PM
What no love, I still care HB Jet.
come on lets get this thing jumpin again, someone insult someone or I'm forced to type some myths about some other manufactures just to keep my life in check.
On a serious note, HB do you think HTM would keep their plug and or do all Mfg keep their plugs? serious question..
Late
Chet

mrpumpsHTM
12-17-2001, 05:22 PM
HBJET i think if you look in a earlier post under htm replys to rumors, there is a post about the wood plug sighting at the HTM factory .i think the boys at htm are SICK AND TIRED of this .
[This message has been edited by mrpumpsHTM (edited December 18, 2001).]

HBjet
12-17-2001, 06:08 PM
An HTM plug sighting? Do you think I can catch that on the Discovery Channel? I don't think they would have it, but wouldn't every boat mfg have at least a picture?
ULTRA28, do you still have pictures of your 27 Shadow plug? You tooled that one from scratch right, since I've never seen another cat like yours. Let me ask you, would you post a picture of it, or would someone be able to splash your cat from the wood plug pictures?
HBjet

RiverToysJas
12-17-2001, 06:17 PM
I think I remember reading in Hot Boat that Ultra's plugs are destroyed under the supervision of John West. It's been a while since I read this and it may have been another manufacturer/owner.
Here's my serious question,
Can't molds be made directly from finished boats? In other words, if someone was so inclined can't they just buy a boat they wish to splash and build the mold from it?
RTJas

Havasu Hangin'
12-17-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas:
Can't molds be made directly from finished boats? In other words, if someone was so inclined can't they just buy a boat they wish to splash and build the mold from it?
Yes, Jason. It's called slashing. Ask HBJet- he seems obsessed by it. Is there a "Splashing" Forum for him to join?
Hmmmm...."HBSplash"?

HBjet
12-17-2001, 06:47 PM
I'm not obsessed by it, I'm just waiting for proof. Someone challenging me to a race, or looking at there HTM which was made a year ago is far from proof. I've asked HTM to post a picture of there wood plug, I get, come on by our shop to look at the boats were making today. Then I get, we can't because someone might copy it. Well, if they did, that would be (1) amazing and (2) dumb since the original plug had to be re-tooled for the hull to perform as it does today. No Damit, I'm not, and I mean NOT obsessed!
HBjetttttttttt
haha!

Havasu Hangin'
12-17-2001, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by HBjet:
I'm not obsessed by it...No Damit, I'm not, and I mean NOT obsessed!
Hey HBJet- 2 quick questions:
1. In the big picture, does it really matter?
2. Why isn't the prop on the front of the outdrive?

HBjet
12-18-2001, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin':
Hey HBJet- 2 quick questions:
1. In the big picture, does it really matter?
2. Why isn't the prop on the front of the outdrive?
HH, (1) All I'm doing is wondering why HTM would say they don't splash there boat, then in the next sentence say if it looks like another boat, it probably is. Well, There bottom sure looks like a Warlock bottom, so I called them out on it, and it seems impossible to get any proof, other then a challenge to race, and a shop tour. Well, I don't see the harm in posting a wood plug picture (do you?) so if they really want to put this thing to bed, that is the best way to do it, and anyone who may bring up this topic again, there is the picture to shut them up. I'm just wondering why it would take this long? Do they have a picture?
As for the second question, Ask RD.
HBjet

RiverDave2
12-18-2001, 08:40 AM
Don't get me started on the prop on the front of the outdrive shit again... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif Mercruiser needs to wake up and smell the coffee on that one..
As far as molds/plugs whatever... I don't really care, all that I care about is Mr.Pumps offered me a Wicked Fast ride (perhaps another record setter? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif ya know me being in the boat makes it faster right? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif) so I'm gathering up some safety equipment and hopefully I won't get killed... Dam I just thought of something If I got killed in an HTM that would be the ultimte Irony in my life... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

mrpumpsHTM
12-18-2001, 03:21 PM
RD DAM YOU NEED HELP,but don't worry i have a seat just for you and maybe a jacket toooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[This message has been edited by mrpumpsHTM (edited December 18, 2001).]

RiverDave2
12-18-2001, 03:46 PM
I'm seriously looking forward to it! Just don't get me killed, that's all I ask!
RD

mrpumpsHTM
12-18-2001, 04:14 PM
RD .......ME AND YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shiznit
12-18-2001, 07:18 PM
(B)

dcb4life
12-25-2001, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MrHavasuCat:
Jetboat brian,
With due respect, nobody else is puting the king of hp in their boats that HTM are. I have no problems with HTM, I am just pointing out a fact. I spend a lot of time at Havasu, and I have yet to see a another 24' cat with 1300-1400 hp. There are a lot of good hulls out there that if you put similar hp in I think you would see similar numbers.
As far as Warlock goes There was a 28 cat that used to cruise Havasu with twin 1000 hp blower motors that was rumored to run close to 150 mph. The boat was yellow and black on a white hull. I have not seen the boat for the past couple of years, but a friend of mine that rode in it said it was wicked.
I own a DCB mach 26 and the most hp I have seen in this hull is 1000 hp. I know that SVO 540'S mach is putting out a little more, but I have not personally seen his boat. I know that the mach 26 with 1000 hp ran over 120 mph. This is in a 26' not a 24' boat with 300-400 hp less than the HTM's we are talking about. I think you need to compare "apples to apples" so to speak.
[This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited December 17, 2001).][/Q
Being another Mach 26 owner, I side with Mr. HavasuCat. HTM's goal is to build the fastest cats on the water, without taking reliability into consideration. And what kind mof engines are these? Teague?Pfaff? GT Performance? No...They are "HTM" custom engines. I know I side against HTMs because I have a DCB but come on now where does the reliabilty come into play? The truth is that if you put that amount of ponies in any tunnel around 24 feet, they ar eall going to haul ass. It isn't the hull, it's the ponies. Yeah, so if you are going to compare any tunnel with the same ponies, top speed will be similar. But if you do it in a DCB, You won't be like the thousands of HTMs out there. What's up with that? Just because they are inexpensive, why buy something with less quality? Does speed mean that much?

HavasuBarney
12-25-2001, 11:55 PM
Well let me slip my pennies in too then!
I like what HTM has done, HTM motor....hell yes! I've personally seen HTM run the shit out of thier boats, I've personally seen them run everythibg down on the lake, everything! I think they are making a bold statement, HTM motors are beating the big boys!
If other boats can run with them, cool, I just haven't seen that! I've seen the HTM's run, stronger and longer than I've seen any other boat on the water, period.
HTM can sleep well this new year, just look, even Mach 26's are getting nervious.... and it's still December! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Don't get me wrong, DCB is an awesome ride, the very top of it's class. The best possible standard for comparison.
[This message has been edited by HavasuBarney (edited December 25, 2001).]

HUFFPOWER
12-26-2001, 02:17 AM
as a v-drive owner i have a question about what type of image htm wants from thier boats? are they 1/4 mile 24' drag boats? will we see them in the offshore race world?is thier engine shop up to the task of going head to head with say a teague,zul,brummett,sterling built motor in endurance racing applications?what do thier hulls look like after ,say 5 years of use,how do thier interiors hold up?they seem to have a kinda rebel attitude?

racingrascal
12-26-2001, 10:04 AM
Huffpower I don't know some of your answers but we were out on the lake a couple of weeks ago and we meet some guy that looked at buying a HTM. He did buy something else but HTM told him there boats are built light to hull ass the life of the boat is, (this is what HTM told him) 10 years! Who builds a boat today and says "should last ten years"???
Andy

mrpumpsHTM
12-26-2001, 04:32 PM
THANKS ....HAVASU BARNEY your the man
I know first hand about HTM motor reliability .today 12/26/o1 ken at htm is working on my next project as we speak. however my current powerplant in reliability aspects is dam near bulletproof it all depends on how much you want to spend for instance a $600 factory crank $1200 callies crank or a la billet for 2500 these are things the average consumer would have no idea about. I think an htm built motor is as good or better than 90% of other builders its a total proven combination. in regards to interior and hull strength the quality and integrity is excellent i have litterally beat the shit out of my boat for a year not mark, stress crack loose bolt or wire to be found.steve at htm is not making a ss-24 just for drag racing, it's a high performance family boat and with some horsepower it can be a drag boat or a race boat lake or ocean just build the boat for the purpose .HP........IN REGARDS TO PUT ENOUGH HORSEPOWER IN IT AND ANY BOAT WILL BE FAST WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS SEE YOU ON THE WATER.

HUFFPOWER
12-26-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by racingrascal:
Huffpower I don't know some of your answers but we were out on the lake a couple of weeks ago and we meet some guy that looked at buying a HTM. He did buy something else but HTM told him there boats are built light to hull ass the life of the boat is, (this is what HTM told him) 10 years! Who builds a boat today and says "should last ten years"???
Andy
andy,i think most schiada,howard,hallett owners would have no problems saying 10 years out of a hull wouldn't be a problem,my 21 schiada is 20 yrs young this sept,and i assure you the hull is pristine as is the white original interior,the carpet i am replacing this winter,it helps to have bought it from my dad who is a neat-o-holic!!,my dads new2001 21 will look awesom 5/10/15 years from now! to mr pumps,i know very well about motor parts,"ya get what you pay for" or as the fram people say"pay me now,or pay me later"if your happy with htm power,cool.maybe i'll see ya some time at havasu.scott.

racingrascal
12-26-2001, 09:27 PM
Huffpower I think you read that the wrong way, I was saying most boats today will last a good 15-20 years easy. (of course if the owner wants them to).
Mrpumps I agree with you 100%. It all depends on what goes in the motor and how hard you want to run what you have built. I don't think HTM would have as many fast boats on the water if the motors they were building were all junk. And I remember when I saw HTM at the Long Beach Show (I believe it was one of thier first shows 3-4 years ago.) and that boat had a huge motor in it. I think that is how HTM came out of the gate as a builder. Fast boat big motors! For a while they had some of the biggest hp motors at the boat shows.
Andy

Jrocket
12-26-2001, 09:36 PM
Huffpower...Do ya have any pics of yours or your dads Schiada?......Always interested in seeing a nice Schiada...Johnny Rocket

HavasuBarney
12-26-2001, 09:55 PM
But racingrascal, how could anyone mis-interpet your statement.
Clearly you have brought the single most important criteria into light,
"He said it should last 10 years"
Now with that already said......
What do you tell a customer who asks, "how long will my boat last?"

HUFFPOWER
12-26-2001, 10:05 PM
yes we do have pics,i'll have to get my dad logged on he has the scanner,digital camera,look in the next week for pics,you will like both rides.

HUFFPOWER
12-26-2001, 10:08 PM
havasubarney,the best answer could be,"how much tlc are you willing to give to your $50,000 ride"?,fiberglass lasts along time.

dcb4life
12-27-2001, 12:12 AM
As far as the "10 year warranty" on HTM is concerned, I don't see how this can be true. Before I purchased my DCB, I shopped around, looking at several tunnel buuilders including HTM. Upon looking at the HTM used boats to see what they looked like after being used, I was horrified. Each boat looked terrible inside abd out. The interior looked old,cheap,and poorly manufactured. The gelcoats on the boats was the downfall of HTM line. No pinstripping, ripples everywhere, and very dull appearance. I know things could have changed by now nut form looks at Havasu this summer, there was no change at all..But they sure do go fast. But does speed matter that much, More than quality?? Ask any boat guy out there..HTM's ar eknown for having for going fast and nothing else. Is that the appearance thay really want? They have some work to di in my opinion. Oh yeah, whats up with those paint schemes? They surely do "STICK OUT......"

Charley
12-27-2001, 02:34 AM
I OWN A DCB, I LOVE IT, HTM MAKES A NICE BOAT TOO,REPEAT.........I OWN A DCB, I LOVE IT, HTM MAKES A NICE BOAT TOO,REPEAT....hehehe just teasing ya DCB4life...here are my thoughts....HTM is marketing itself as a family drag-boat.....its a very fast 24' boat...HTM made a comment about how so many people "SPLASH" and there are only a few original designs..I just wanted to see a plug..no biggy nevermind I dont want to now!....I looked at HTM,Eliminator,Howard,Warlock,Commander,American Offshore,Carrera and DCB....I bought a DCB....I'm happy....I don't hate HTM, I'm not bashing, but but I do get a little urked when a drag prepped 24' HTM running 1200-1400 hp taunts me to race my 850 hp 26' DCB....why? channel bragging rights? Waste gas? Increase the diameter of the hole in the OZONE? seems a bit silly to me.....I bought my boat
to have a safe ride for my wife and 2 boys and I wanted to get into triple digits....mine does both...nicely.....Can we stop with taunting and the bashing just have a good time and enjoy each others company at the river?

mrpumps HTM
12-27-2001, 09:05 AM
SORRY ABOUT THE TAUNTS NOT MENT TO BE.........when i setup my boat it was for speed to take me and my family deep into the triple digits not fishing,sking,show and i also get sick of badmouthing !!!!!!! I LOVE SPEED I HAVE NOT 1 BAD THING TO SAY ABOUT DCB BOATS.i get a little urked also when someone said put hp in any hull and its fast not true .HTM is fast and sound and very safe at all speeds no drama ,as for the interior pinstripping not my style , no rippels to be found on my ride,and dull look is that the color or the style of the interior ! IM totally happy with my boat and still not saying a thing bad about other boat manufactures , to each is own!! see you on the water(OOPS SORRY! NOT A TAUNT)by by now.
[This message has been edited by mrpumps HTM (edited December 27, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by mrpumps HTM (edited December 27, 2001).]

RiverDave2
12-27-2001, 11:45 AM
Anyone know of anybody running 1400hp in anything else other then an HTM? I only know of one Tunnel that has that much HP.
26 American Offshore 1400HP = 141 mph..
RD

mrpumps HTM
12-27-2001, 02:58 PM
WHO HAS 1400HP IN A HTM ????????????i know of 4or5 with 1100,1200 maybe 1300ish but damn 1400 hp?????????

mrpumps HTM
12-27-2001, 02:58 PM
WHO HAS 1400HP IN A HTM ????????????i know of 4or5 with 1100,1200 maybe 1300ish but damn 1400 hp?????????

Havasu_Dreamin
12-27-2001, 03:08 PM
Soooo, my 300 hp 350 MAG may not keep up with you guys????? http://www.plauder-smilies.de/rofl.gif
HD

mrpumps HTM
12-27-2001, 03:35 PM
MR HD I THINK RIGHT ABOUT NOW YOU WIN

Havasu_Dreamin
12-27-2001, 06:53 PM
SWEET! Well, you guys let me know when you want me to put on a drag racing clinic! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif
HD
Originally posted by mrpumps HTM:
MR HD I THINK RIGHT ABOUT NOW YOU WIN

Charley
12-28-2001, 07:35 AM
HD... I would never bash on a guy for going stock! guys like us need guys like you..... you see us speed freaks give up a little ...sometimes alotta reliability...so when we break we need nice reliable mercury equipped boats for rides to the sand bar! Just teasin....well unless it really happens and you wanna give us a ride to the sandbar...seeya at the RIV!

Havasu_Dreamin
01-01-2002, 09:17 PM
Yeah, us stock guys do provide some service! LOL http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif Happy New Year!
HD

jkelly
01-09-2002, 01:54 PM
I don’t know about a shortened Warlock.. I have owned Warlock boats in the past and the HTM out performs the Warlock in all aspects. The Warlock has a real bad porpoise and chine walks at high speeds and I don’t even want to talk about getting it to plane. I’m no expert, but by owning both boats, the HTM I own I have no issues with performance and stability as far above the rest.
RD

mrpumpsHTM
01-09-2002, 05:33 PM
jkelly post a pic of your HTM,like to check it out,did you just pick it up, i see that you love it RIGHT ON DUDE!