PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Guys/gals Help......

slink
10-26-2004, 09:38 AM
As many of you know, I am a Detective with a local So Cal agency. My case load is sexual assualt/abuse of minors. These guys are the worst of the worst. Here is where I need your help. VOTE NO ON PROP 66. This is a propostion that is being steam rolled by a weathly business man trying to buy his son out of prison. They call PROP 66 "The 3 strikes reform" and are selling it buy telling the puplic that it will further punish child molesters, what they don't tell you is that IF IT PASSES, OVER 25,000 (YES THOUSAND)VIOLENT FELONS WILL BE RELEASED FROM PRISON..........NO QUESTIONS ASKED. RIGHT KNOW, 66 IS PASSING BY A LARGE MAJORITY MOSTLY BECAUSE OF MISINFORMATION BEING SPEWED. If 66 passes, a very large majority of three strike offenders dating back to 1994 will be released. All they have to do is file a simple petetion to the court. So all those rapist, child molesters and murders who stole a pizza or a pack of smokes to qualify for their third strike will be released to reap havoc on OUR COMMUNITIES. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN. PROTECT OUR CHILDREN AND PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE NO ON PROP 66. THANK YOU AND PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS TO THE POLITICAL THREAD

dicudmore
10-26-2004, 10:58 AM
As many of you know, I am a Detective with a local So Cal agency. My case load is sexual assualt/abuse of minors. These guys are the worst of the worst. Here is where I need your help. VOTE NO ON PROP 66. This is a propostion that is being steam rolled by a weathly business man trying to buy his son out of prison. They call PROP 66 "The 3 strikes reform" and are selling it buy telling the puplic that it will further punish child molesters, what they don't tell you is that IF IT PASSES, OVER 25,000 (YES THOUSAND)VIOLENT FELONS WILL BE RELEASED FROM PRISON..........NO QUESTIONS ASKED. RIGHT KNOW, 66 IS PASSING BY A LARGE MAJORITY MOSTLY BECAUSE OF MISINFORMATION BEING SPEWED. If 66 passes, a very large majority of three strike offenders dating back to 1994 will be released. All they have to do is file a simple petetion to the court. So all those rapist, child molesters and murders who stole a pizza or a pack of smokes to qualify for their third strike will be released to reap havoc on OUR COMMUNITIES. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN. PROTECT OUR CHILDREN AND PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO VOTE NO ON PROP 66. THANK YOU AND PLEASE DONT MOVE THIS TO THE POLITICAL THREAD
back to the top

Captain Dan
10-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Why shouldn't this be moved to the political thread?

OGShocker
10-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Jeez. I don't know? Maybe because it is A LITTLE MORE IMPORTANT THAN F'ING POLITICS! :hammerhea :hammerhea

topless
10-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Jeez. I don't know? Maybe because it is A LITTLE MORE IMPORTANT THAN F'ING POLITICS! :hammerhea :hammerhea
Was thinking the same thing myself. :)

OGShocker
10-26-2004, 12:13 PM
Was thinking the same thing myself. :)
Great minds...... :smile:
Grrrrrr!!!! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to topless again.

JetBoatRich
10-26-2004, 12:19 PM
I agree, sounds more around safety of our children then a Political issue

Captain Dan
10-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Because it is politics! You think that if this passes that these people will just walk after filing a petition? No. Lawsuits will be filed - what the petition states may never happen.
Voting against it may help, but voting FOR it doesn't guarantee anything - political rhetoric.

ROZ
10-26-2004, 12:27 PM
I thought the way that it was written meant that a YES means to keep the criminals in prison....Just the opposite...
My coworker tells me John and Ken (am640) shot a hole through this richguy propisition....

westcoastcat
10-26-2004, 12:31 PM
My coworker tells me John and Ken (am640) shot a hole through this richguy propisition....
Yes they did!!!

slink
10-26-2004, 12:34 PM
I thought the way that it was written meant that a YES means to keep the criminals in prison....Just the opposite...
roz, That is why it is passing, misperseption on the behalf of voters

OGShocker
10-26-2004, 12:41 PM
....You think that if this passes that these people will just walk after filing a petition? No. Lawsuits will be filed - what the petition states may never happen.
Voting against it may help, but voting FOR it doesn't guarantee anything - political rhetoric.
That is a GREAT :sleeping: argument. Lets trust the lawyers in this State to help us and keep us safe. :supp:
A fellow HBF'er asked for our help. He asked that it NOT be moved and that is good enough for me.
Larry Flynt will have HB move it anyway.

slink
10-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Because it is politics! You think that if this passes that these people will just walk after filing a petition? No. Lawsuits will be filed - what the petition states may never happen.
Dan, I was personally invited to meet with Attroney General Lockyear and the Governator last week about Prop 66, and YES, from the mouth of Lockyear, if this passes all three strikes offenders that will fall under the amended crimes will only have to file a petetion in court to be released and there will be nothing the courts can do to stop them. So voting AGAINST it will keep these guys locked down and voting for will set them free

mirvin
10-26-2004, 12:45 PM
There's another reason this turd is getting through.....most people in Cali are liberals. Plain and simple. Liberals think 3 strikes is unfair. They think that "the time should match the crime" so they don't like 3 strikes.
Why does Capt Dan have is head up his ass??????
mirvin

topless
10-26-2004, 12:50 PM
Here is a link I found
http://www.smartvoter.org/2004/11/02/ca/state/prop/66/

Captain Dan
10-26-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm entitled to my opinion, just as the rest of us that post on these boards.
You don't have to agree with me, and by all means, please don't.
If I don't see it your way, then I "have my head up my ass", Mirvin?

Captain Dan
10-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Dan, I was personally invited to meet with Attroney General Lockyear and the Governator last week about Prop 66, and YES, from the mouth of Lockyear, if this passes all three strikes offenders that will fall under the amended crimes will only have to file a petetion in court to be released and there will be nothing the courts can do to stop them. So voting AGAINST it will keep these guys locked down and voting for will set them free
If all that's true, Slink - then I'm with you. I'm not for the release of violent offenders - I have children too. You can also see that I don't lower myself to name calling when someone doesn't agree with me, (not you).
What I am against is the way we are handed these propositions, and half the time they don't mean what they say, and months later we find out the whole process was a sham.

slink
10-26-2004, 01:07 PM
If all that's true, Slink - then I'm with you. I'm not for the release of violent offenders - I have children too. You can also see that I don't lower myself to name calling when someone doesn't agree with me, (not you).
What I am against is the way we are handed these propositions, and half the time they don't mean what they say, and months later we find out the whole process was a sham.
Dan, that is exactly why I posted this. The persons responsible threw in a bone to stiffen child molestation punishments as a cover.......Who doesn't want stiffer penalties for "Chester". But the reality of this Prop is to convert the eligible crimes punishable under three strikes to change, one of which the authors son is currently in prison for. And if it passes, ALL of those convicted under those crimes will be released. My opinion for what it is worth, if someone is a 2 striker and isn't smart enough not to commit more crime...........BYE BYE

Ducatista
10-26-2004, 01:14 PM
I agree with Slink, this proposition stinks. It would gut the 3 strikes law, which has been so effective in reducing the crime numbers in Cali. How this prop is leading in the polls by a large # is just unbelieveable to me.
Only 4 percent of 3 strike offenders were put in for that third crime that was "minor"(drugs,that type of thing). This prop would unleash thousands of career criminals on the streets, and result in thousands of law suits. It's total B.S.!!! This may be political but thanks for the post Slink.

slink
10-26-2004, 01:21 PM
I will vote it down Slink. I am behind you guys! Thanks for looking out for all of us.
Tom
Thanks Tom, just make sure you show up for jury duty next time :D

Debbolas
10-26-2004, 01:22 PM
This proposition is wrong and misleading (as is most of our propositions these days ) I say keep the law the way it is! :hammerhea

Forkin' Crazy
10-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Too bad I am not there. I would vote it down too. It's kind of like the gay marriage amendment here (in Louisiana). It was hard to understand for the simple minded, like myself. I am not a lawyer, but I have to understand their bullsh t to survive. That is one of the problems with laws and amendments now days. Those bastards (lawyers) make it sound just the opposite. Too bad they (laws and amendments) are not written so that normal people can understand them. But I believe that the lawyers' jargon is job security.....
BTW the "no gay marriage" amendment passed by a 78% margin, only to be thrown out by a liberal judge (lawyer)..... :hammerhea And you wonder why some people don't bother to vote!!! :mad:
Good luck!!!

MagicMtnDan
10-26-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't know who you are or when/where you've posted your almost 200 posts but why do you need to have this very important topic moved to the political forum? If you don't like this topic don't read it :burningm: (I bid you a belated welcome to the Sandbar).
This is a very important issue. Don't take my word for it - take Polly Klaas' father's word for it (Marc Klaas). His young daughter was kidnapped - taken from her house at night, sexually molested (raped) and killed by a repeat offender.
There is NO reason for us to repeal the current three strikes and you're out law. NONE! Keep the bastards in jail where they belong.
I am serious when I say this: If they don't like the law they can move to another state and commit crimes there! Think about it. And vote as if your little girl was kidnapped, raped and killed.
A NO vote of this measure means:
Current sentencing law would remain in effect, requiring offenders with one or more prior convictions for serious or violent felonies to receive longer sentences for the conviction of any new felony (not just a serious or violent felony). In addition, prison sentences for certain sex offenses against children would remain unchanged.
Summary of Arguments AGAINST Proposition 66:
Proposition 66 is opposed by Governor Schwarzenegger, the Attorney General, all 58 District Attorneys, the state's leading law enforcement, taxpayer, and child protection groups. Costs millions and threatens public safety by creating a legal loophole that could release an estimated 26,000 convicted felons-- including rapists, child molesters, and murderers. http://www.Keep3Strikes.org

Captain Dan
10-26-2004, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=MagicMtnDan]I don't know who you are or when/where you've posted your almost 200 posts but why do you need to have this very important topic moved to the political forum? If you don't like this topic don't read it :burningm: (I bid you a belated welcome to the Sandbar).
It is an important issue, I conceded to that several posts ago.
I never asked for it to be moved, at the first read I wondered (aloud) why it shouldn't be moved - my reaction was that it was a political thread, and reminded me of the way our propositions are authored to not include the real meat of the issue for which it is intended.
Feeling a little cynical today - I'll take myself outside and kick my own ass. ;)

Jdbuck
10-26-2004, 08:33 PM
The rhetoric being spewed about 66 is that people are going away for life for stealing chapstick or toothpaste, which is B.S. First off, the first two strikes must be violent felonies (armed Robbery, rape, child molest, etc.) The third offense can be any felony. For a theft of toothpaste or chapstick to be a felony means the offenders must have been previously convicted of theft, which then elevates the new offense to a felony. So I ask you this, how many strikes must we give these people? They know exactly where they stand on the strike count and know what their previous convictions are! Yet they go out and continue to comit felonious crimes. :devil:
Three strikes is putting bad apples where they can't comit crimes which affect general society. It is time the liberals stop treating these people like victims of the system and put them out of our misery!

PHOTOGLOU
10-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Isn't Polly Klaas's father one of the people who help write the three strikes law??? Isn't Polly Klass's father one of the spokespeople for prop 66??? BYE THE WAY I believe if you've been to prison for 2 felonies you should know not to steal a kid's pizza

slink
10-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Isn't Polly Klaas's father one of the people who help write the three strikes law??? Isn't Polly Klass's father one of the spokespeople for prop 66??? BYE THE WAY I believe if you've been to prison for 2 felonies you should know not to steal a kid's pizza
Photo, yes Marc Klaas was instrumental in the original 3 strikes law, but NO he is not behind PROP 66, he is strongly against it. Click on TOPLESS' link and move around, you should find a list of for/against. You will see marc's name and his foundations name clearly in the NO ON PROP 66 side.

PHOTOGLOU
10-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Sorry if your right (you probably are right) there is a commercial with him in it speaking about prop 66

Kilrtoy
10-26-2004, 09:40 PM
More importantly, SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE

MudPumper
10-26-2004, 10:14 PM
Slink, would you agree or disagree that many of the people in prison in Ca under three strikes are Not violent offenders? Just curious what your view is. I don't know anything about prop 66 but will definitely research it before voting but what I do know is that our current 3 strikes law does need fixing. Ever wonder why Marc Klaas went from being it's biggest promotor and then did a 180 on the issue? It's an interesting story if anybody ever wants to research it.
Disclamer: I am in no way in favor of letting violent criminals out of prison.

jbtrailerjim
10-27-2004, 05:00 AM
My opinion for what it is worth, if someone is a 2 striker and isn't smart enough not to commit more crime...........BYE BYE
This is exactly the way I feel. I will definitely be voting "NO" on prop 66.

FRENCHIE
10-27-2004, 05:02 AM
will do jeff!! :cool:

slink
10-27-2004, 06:32 AM
Slink, would you agree or disagree that many of the people in prison in Ca under three strikes are Not violent offenders? Just curious what your view is. I don't know anything about prop 66 but will definitely research it before voting but what I do know is that our current 3 strikes law does need fixing. Ever wonder why Marc Klaas went from being it's biggest promotor and then did a 180 on the issue? It's an interesting story if anybody ever wants to research it.
Disclamer: I am in no way in favor of letting violent criminals out of prison.
Mudpumper, in order to qualify for a strike, it must be a violent offense. Therefore I would agree that to have 2 strikes you most definitely must be a violent offender...........What I will give you is that some of the 3rd strikes recieved are not for violence (theft drugs,ext) but just the same FBI statistics indicate that for every one felony caught, that person has committed 12 w/out being caught.