PDA

View Full Version : Fuse

phebus
10-27-2004, 01:21 PM
If the fuse is the weak link in a system, how come the power line fuse is supposed to be within 18" of the battery? Why does it matter where it is located within the line?

ROZ
10-27-2004, 03:24 PM
What's the chances that within the 1st 18" of wire from the battery or before an amp will be damaged? Very slim...

Mr. Naudio
10-27-2004, 03:25 PM
If the fuse is the weak link in a system, how come the power line fuse is supposed to be within 18" of the battery? Why does it matter where it is located within the line?
The fuse is ment to pop before the wire burns up.
If the fuse was say closer to the front of the boat (like in the head)
and not at the source of 12volt power.And that wire was to get shorted you would have 15 foot or so of fire as apposed to 18 in of fire.
Most times we fuse within 6 inches of the common post of the perco.
(or circuit breaker)

Mr. Naudio
10-27-2004, 03:26 PM
What's the chances that within the 1st 18" of wire from the battery or before an amp will be damaged? Very slim...
PS.and what he said.

ROZ
10-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey, howz there weather back there? I was just wondering where the heck you been ... Hope things are good!

Mr. Naudio
10-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Hey, howz there weather back there? I was just wondering where the heck you been ... Hope things are good!
Getting some rain today.
Things are very good here just been a little busy.
Getting ready to move into the new building in Dec.
In the construction fase now.
Check it out if you,d like.
www.cartoyzofhavasu.com
(click on comming soon)

Havasu Hangin'
10-27-2004, 03:57 PM
I had a wire burn up once. Without a fuse, it looked like a fuse (to a stick of dynamite). :jawdrop:
The closer to the battery...the better.