PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing Jet boat

Hawaiian
09-13-2001, 06:11 AM
How do i winterize my jet boat for the winter. i live in illinois.

timitunnel
09-13-2001, 09:52 AM
Because there is no way of gettting all the water out of the motor I take my boat to a friends shop and hook up a antifreeze filtering machine to flush and fill the motor with coolant.All the other lines I use compressed air to blow out. I grease the pump and check the gear oil level. I clean and pack the wheel bearings so the bearing don't rust. Than I wax boat. Wipe interior with protectant. Lift all seat cushions and anything else that closes. Put somthing in boat to absorb moister. A few mouse traps and cover. In the spring take the boat back to the shop before using and suck all the coolant out. Must do this because coolant is poison!!!!!!!! Hope this helps. Tim

Ultra21
09-13-2001, 10:09 AM
You might also want to put the trailer on stands to take the weight off the tires in the severe cold weather. An even better idea is to pack up and move out here to So. Cal., where you use your boat year round (ha ha). Winterizing to me means I might have to wear a sweat shirt instead of tank and coffee goes in my cup holder instead of, well, you know...

nitro557
09-15-2001, 05:18 AM
buy a 5gal bucket and a cheap garden hose then get a small bilge pump and 10 gal of plumbing antifreeze , hook the hose from the pump to you inlet hose put long wires with alligator clips on the bilge pump to hook to the battery on the boat fill the bucket with antifreeze hook the pump to the battery and fire it run all 10 gallons thru it , when you get to the last gallon fog the motor down with fogging oil down the carb till it kills the motor,do this in a well vented area then you are done,just a note i change all my oil and regrease the pump before i fog and antifreeze it take your battery inside the garage , dont worry about the old water in the block 10 gallons thru it will be more than enough