PDA

View Full Version : That Boy.....

Jbb
10-28-2004, 04:50 AM
Is gonna be the death of me!
As if I havent had enough bullshit in my life already this week.. :jawdrop:
We get the dreaded phone call at 2 am this morning from the State Patrol informing us that our son is in the hospital.....Seems he and a friend were on their way home from a sports bar...the other guy was driving ...and they somehow hit a wall on I-75 and wound up pinned underneath a tractor trailor....they were both transported to the hospital...my son got a bunch of cuts to his face and upper body and has neck and back pain...and some nasty bumps and bruises...but he will be ok...the cops come into the emergency room and asked to see his chest...they gave him a ticket for not wearing a seat belt because they didnt see a bruise..Thankfully the ct scans showed that he will be ok.....He was released ....with a $3400.00 bill from the emergency room....
His friend has some internal injuries and when he gets better he is going to jail for DUI.... :hammer2: ...will they ever learn...?
today is my wifes birthday........wear your seatbelts kids......

shadow
10-28-2004, 04:56 AM
First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs JETBOAT BRIAN.
Also most importantly both kids made it through this relatively uninjured.
Hope they both heal up quickly and learn an important lesson.
Good luck through this Brian.

572Daytona
10-28-2004, 05:32 AM
That sucks, I know first hand some of what you are going through. Maybe this event will give him a wake up call. So is the Mrs getting that new Nortech Cat she's had her eye on? :D

lucky
10-28-2004, 05:35 AM
dam , sorry to hear that happend - glad he is ok - I hate those two am phone calls - :squiggle:

Jbb
10-28-2004, 05:36 AM
That sucks, I know first hand some of what you are going through. Maybe this event will give him a wake up call. So is the Mrs getting that new Nortech Cat she's had her eye on? :D
Before its all said and done...I have a feeling she is going to wind up with..... everything.. :D

572Daytona
10-28-2004, 05:38 AM
Before its all said and done...I have a feeling she is going to wind up with..... everything.. :D
:eek: If you get the 50 footer, when you cut it in half you will each end up with a 25 footer

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 05:42 AM
We get the dreaded phone call at 2 am this morning from the State Patrol informing us that our son is in the hospital.....Seems he and a friend were on their way home from a sports bar...the other guy was driving ...and they somehow hit a wall on I-75 and wound up pinned underneath a tractor trailor....the were both transported to the hospital...my son got a bunch of cuts to his face and upper body and has neck and back pain...and some nasty bumps and bruises...but he will be ok...the cops come into the emergency room and asked to see his chest...they gave him a ticket for not wearing a seat belt because they didnt see a bruise..Thankfully the ct scans showed that he will be ok.....He was released ....with a $3400.00 bill from the emergency room....
His friend has some internal injuries and when he gets better he is going to jail for DUI.... :hammer2: ...will they ever learn...?
Sorry to hear it JBB. Hotlanta isn't a good town to be DUI'n. Too much traffic movin too fast. Glad your boy is ok. I gave my parents the same scare before. It'l be a while before mine are that age. I dread that call... Happy bday to the mrs.

Jbb
10-28-2004, 05:44 AM
:eek: If you get the 50 footer, when you cut it in half you will each end up with a 25 footer
Or two,rather narrow 50 's..?

Jbb
10-28-2004, 05:45 AM
Sorry to hear it JBB. Hotlanta isn't a good town to be DUI'n. Too much traffic movin too fast. Glad your boy is ok. I gave my parents the same scare before. It'l be a while before mine are that age. I dread that call... Happy bday to the mrs.
Thanks ...yeah speed limits are really just a ...suggestion in Atlanta...

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Thanks ...yeah speed limits are really just a ...suggestion in Atlanta...
Yes!! A suggestion that if you're not doing 85 + you WILL get runover!! Normally that's fine. But you can't trust the guy in the other lane, especially when there are thousands of guys in the other lane. :2purples:

Jbb
10-28-2004, 05:51 AM
Yes!! A suggestion that if you're not doing 85 + you WILL get runover!! Normally that's fine. But you can't trust the guy in the other lane, especially when there are thousands of guys in the other lane. :2purples:
yeah...lol......Its nice gettin around town in a hurry...I live 42 miles from work.....but when things go bad at those speeds ...they go real bad...It can be rather ugly...

Freak
10-28-2004, 05:53 AM
No kidding. I watched a show on just that. The cops said they dont usually pull you unless your doing over 85! I drove through there not long ago and people were rolling. Northern VA is the same way. If traffic is moving you better be doing 90 in the slow lane.

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 05:54 AM
yeah...lol......Its nice gettin around town in a hurry...I live 42 miles from work.....but when things go bad at those speeds ...they go real bad...It can be rather ugly...
Just like Talladega (sp?) with restrictor plates :D

FMluvswater
10-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Happy Birthday to your wife JBB. :)
Glad to hear your son will be okay. That musta been scary as hell until you knew for sure that he was. :squiggle: Hope your nerves are settling down now that the crisis is passed .... my own would be shot for some time under similar circumstances. :2purples:

Mrs. Restless22
10-28-2004, 08:55 AM
Wow JBB sorry to hear that. Im sure every parent dreads that phone call, and you always pray you will never recieve it.
Glad to hear hes okay, and hopefully this taught him his lesson. Sometimes kids need to be scared by something like this to teach them right from wrong.
Happy Birthday Mrs.JBB

Mandelon
10-28-2004, 08:56 AM
We get the dreaded phone call at 2 am this morning from the State Patrol informing us that our son is in the hospital.....Seems he and a friend were on their way home from a sports bar...the other guy was driving ...and they somehow hit a wall on I-75 and wound up pinned underneath a tractor trailor....they were both transported to the hospital...my son got a bunch of cuts to his face and upper body and has neck and back pain...and some nasty bumps and bruises...but he will be ok...the cops come into the emergency room and asked to see his chest...they gave him a ticket for not wearing a seat belt because they didnt see a bruise..Thankfully the ct scans showed that he will be ok.....He was released ....with a $3400.00 bill from the emergency room....
How is HE going to pay for that? :notam: :cry: :cool:

Her454
10-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Happy Birthday to the Mrs...and Im so glad your son and his friend are ok.
That is my biggest fear, getting that phone call. :(

bunny 166
10-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Im so sorry JBB, but glad he is OK. How scary for you and your wife... I'm sure your son will recover and hopefully his friend wont have to go through the ringer for making a mistake.
Happy birthday to you, Mrs. JBB :)

Jbb
10-28-2004, 11:06 AM
How is HE going to pay for that? :notam: :cry: :cool:
They were in a Dodge Neon.....80+ mph....nice..
Trust me ....he is gonna pay.... :hammerhea

ROZ
10-28-2004, 11:16 AM
80 to 0 and pinned under a tractor trailer? Sounds like he has a guardian angel... Hopefully this will be a wakeup call and he and his buddy will make better decisions in the future. Glad to hear he'll pull through...

Debbolas
10-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles, but at least he is ok.....I swear I DREAD that phonecall I know I will get someday...........Happy Birthday to your dear, sweet, wife :wink: Deb

IN2-IN2MX
10-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Glad everyone came out of that alive! How terrifying. :(
Happy Bday to your wife.

Kilrtoy
10-28-2004, 07:34 PM
No kids will never learn,
Story,
My buddy's son turned 16 so on friday night two days after he gets his CDL. He ask to drive to the movies. Dad says YES, call me when you get there.
So he does. Then the movie is over and he calls his dad again, i'm coming home, dad says ill be waiting for you and REMEMBER NO FRIENDS IN THE CAR WITH YOU, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW, Son says dont worry dad, I know. So the drive home is two miles. Well as he is half way home son is coming up on a DUI checkpoint and says oh shit, I cant have anyone in the car with me. AND makes a hard right turn on to a street . well there was a car in the next lane that he took(AND TOTALED) and and then lost control of his car and crashed in to two parked motorcops and totaled there bikes.
Well his insurance was 1600 a year prior to the son getting a cdl now is is 3600 a year
Im sure after this accident it will double again, plus his son just lost his priviledge to drive until he is 18 years old,
So to answer your question JBB, No kids will never learn......

Tom Brown
11-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Brian, I missed this thread until just now.
Holy cow... that's a lot. How is he doing? Wow... sorry man. :(

Jbb
11-15-2004, 01:49 PM
He is fine Tom ...Thanks for asking...

oldbuck40
11-15-2004, 02:08 PM
hey jbb, glad the boy is going to be ok, i've been there done that too,but mine had a little different twist! i eventually hear the phone message beeping in the living room,and yes it was at 2am! go figure! message left on the machine from the local pd about a wrecked truck that was registered to me and was wondering if i was ok,,,well by the time i get good and woke up i call them well its my daughters truck and she fell asleep and hit a 2 and a half ft. culvert, 4x4 dodge pickup,,cleaned the front axle out! well she is worried that im going to kill her for wrecking the truck so she just turns her phone off so i cant call her and doesnt bother to call us to let us know she allright,,just leaves the truck in the ditch and goes home with a friend,,well after some serious phone calling to all her friends i finaly get a call from her at 10am that morning,,,so yea by that time i was ready to kill her.. 8 hrs of not knowing anything is a killer,,,,good luck with your boy!!!

Midlife Advantage
11-15-2004, 02:11 PM
glad to hear your boy is ok, sounds like his guardian angel was riding along. that ticket for the seatbelt is chickensh**.
dude that signature is hilarious!