PDA

View Full Version : record MAKO SHARK caught.

TOBTEK
10-28-2004, 07:01 AM
This Mako was hooked in the mouth, only fought slightly for 15
minutes, came up along side of the boat to have a look, long enough
for one of the crew to put a rope around it tail !!!
That's when the s**t hit the fan!!
The Shark took off towing the 42 foot fishing boat backwards
through the water at about 7 Knots. Just like in JAWS. The boat was
taking on water, the Shark would jump completely out of the water at
times. This went on for an hour before the Shark actually drowned.
He weight in at 1035 LBS
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135recordshark22.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135recordshark3.jpg
WOULDN'T YA JUST CRAP YOUR PANTS? I Freak out just seeing small sharks come up to the back of the fishin boat!

MudPumper
10-28-2004, 07:13 AM
It makes me wonder, what right do these people have for taking a creature like that. The damn shark has probably been alive for 100yrs and now it will be some dudes trophy??? I don't get it. :confused:

MsDrmr
10-28-2004, 07:16 AM
It makes me wonder, what right do these people have for taking a creature like that. The damn shark has probably been alive for 100yrs and now it will be some dudes trophy??? I don't get it. :confused:
I could not agree more, I just love the ocean life, what a shame to bring that in and let it die :cry:

That Guy
10-28-2004, 07:17 AM
Agreed....would much rather see him swimming around scaring the hell out of all of us.... :D Beautiful creature...

JetBoatRich
10-28-2004, 07:18 AM
I have to agree :hammerhea what is the point

PHX ATC
10-28-2004, 07:27 AM
I'm not a professional, but it almost looks as if it had been baited, with all the blood around it's mouth. I would suppose that if it had a rope around it's tail and drowned, it wouldn't bleed from it's mouth. Then again, I could be wrong.
Neat creature, you gotta admit. :220v:

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Those things scare the crap outta me but I was thinkin the same thing. That was one bad umbry (sp?). Now it's just collectin dust.

MRS. MAINEVENT
10-28-2004, 07:29 AM
Wow that thing is huge!!!! :eek: and a little scary :2purples:

schlepy
10-28-2004, 07:33 AM
I hate watching hunting shows, they always say "look at that beautiful animal" than BAM, they kill the thing. It isnt so beautiful dead... :confused:

Aqua Boogie1
10-28-2004, 07:37 AM
I've seen a great white close up in the ocean, its a scary sight but more beautiful there then on a wall somewhere......

KACHINA KEN
10-28-2004, 08:00 AM
If you kill it eat it, i don't know anyone that eats Mako though..... I am completely unimpressed by this display of testosterone laced pseudo-manliness. A real man would get in the water with this animal 10 feet away and document it like Jaques Cousteau used to. This isn't a trophy.

TOBTEK
10-28-2004, 08:02 AM
oops....sorry if I offended everyone :frown: just wanted to share the information....my bad, un P.C....toby

superdave013
10-28-2004, 08:10 AM
kill it / grill it
Looks like Mako on the barbi for someone tonight, the next night and many more after that.

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 08:21 AM
oops....sorry if I offended everyone :frown: just wanted to share the information....my bad, un P.C....toby
No offence here. :D

throwerb
10-28-2004, 08:27 AM
I've caught several Makos before, biggest 200lbs, and just so everyone knows I don't catch them to hang on a wall, they are great to eat. Anybody here that thinks the meat at your favorite restaurant or grocery store just magically appears there is kidding them self.

Mrs. Restless22
10-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Im not offended by it either.
But I have to agree that its almost tragic to take this sharks life, just for the fun of the hunt. And to have it go on for over an hour before the shark finally drowned in inhumane to my standards, I couldnt bare to see that, and I would have cut the rope.
But to each there own :(

Dirk Jones
10-28-2004, 08:29 AM
What area was the shark taken?

switchin'addiction
10-28-2004, 08:32 AM
I think a shark like that is impressive, dead or alive.
Forensic
I agree totally, but my God that thing would literally scare the shit out of me :2purples: if I saw it swim up next to a boat I was on. Biggest one I have ever seen was about a 5 footer, and that was bad enough.

That Guy
10-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Toby, no harm...it is still a beautiful animal. My only problem is with the depletion of sharks in general. It takes many years for them to reach sexual maturity and too many are being killed way before they can reproduce. I'd like to have them around for the next million years as well......

FRENCHIE
10-28-2004, 08:41 AM
somthing fishy in that story!!!?? :confused: :D :p

spectratoad
10-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Once the boat was going backwards and I was takingon water I would have cut the line. Wouldn't want to chance it going the other direction and me end up in the water with that things and have it all pissed off.

Misogynist
10-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Those things scare the crap outta me but I was thinkin the same thing. That was one bad umbry (sp?). Now it's just collectin dust.
umbry?....... uhhh...... did you mean "hombre"?..... spanish word for "man"?... or dude?........... :)

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 08:43 AM
umbry?....... uhhh...... did you mean "hombre"?..... spanish word for "man"?... or dude?........... :)
Yes. Thanks, I am from TN ya know. :o

OGShocker
10-28-2004, 08:44 AM
No harm Toby!
Shark fishing is for rookies. The easiest fish to catch. I spit on those who make it a "sport" as anyone can throw a chuck o' mackrel on a hook and wait. :eat:
Focking eastern canatards!

Misogynist
10-28-2004, 08:44 AM
One question....... How does a fish "drown"?.... I can imagine a whale drowning... but a fish?.... I think maybe it just exhausted itself to death.... :boxingguy

lucky
10-28-2004, 08:45 AM
well alrighty then - - shark attacks have been happening more and more - do you think the sharks say - hey look at that fat bastard up there isn't he purrrrrty - i think i will let him live - or should i trophy his azz - shark is good - saute'd in white wine and onions - lil lemon zest can topped with cracked peper I have no sypathy for sharks - and i have no sypathy for the flockers that hunt them and die ... either ...

rrrr
10-28-2004, 08:46 AM
I think the opinions expressed are good. It shows that we are aware of nature and the effect man has on the ocean.
I quit hunting years ago because it just didn't appeal to me anymore. I still fish and enjoy it, but at the same time I'm aware that I am taking game and must use it to justify the taking.
I don't think anyone is offended, Tobtek. Just saying their piece, which is what the boards are about. Thanks for the pics. What a monster.... :shift:

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 08:49 AM
I think the opinions expressed are good. It shows that we are aware of nature and the effect man has on the ocean.
I quit hunting years ago because it just didn't appeal to me anymore. I still fish and enjoy it, but at the same time I'm aware that I am taking game and must use it to justify the taking.
I don't think anyone is offended, Tobtek. Just saying their piece, which is what the boards are about. Thanks for the pics. What a monster.... :shift:
Ya... Harumph! :D Well stated.

Scream
10-28-2004, 08:49 AM
I've caught several Makos before, biggest 200lbs, and just so everyone knows I don't catch them to hang on a wall, they are great to eat. Anybody here that thinks the meat at your favorite restaurant or grocery store just magically appears there is kidding them self.
Excellent Point and well put. I love talking to vegetarians the only eat "chicken and other non animals"...WTF? I think most vegetarians have lost thier mind and have no clue where their last meal came from.
I also agree with the "kill it, grill it" comment made earlier, there's no need for trophy's for trophy's sake IMO
Scream <---carnivore extrordinare

Schiada76
10-28-2004, 08:56 AM
That is by far the best tasting fish in the ocean. I've never caught a swordie though but I've caught Makos, believe me that fish will be eaten.
They can come to the boat quickly when hooked because they are not afraid of anything, they wiil even attack the boat. They are a challenge to bait, hook, fight and land and are as acrobatic as any Marlin.
Kill 'em, grill 'em. If God didn't want us to eat 'em he wouldn't have made 'em taste like meat. :wink:

Schiada76
10-28-2004, 08:58 AM
One question....... How does a fish "drown"?.... I can imagine a whale drowning... but a fish?.... I think maybe it just exhausted itself to death.... :boxingguy
They drown them dragging them backwards.

uvindex
10-28-2004, 08:59 AM
How does a fish "drown"?From animal planet: Some species have small openings behind each eye called "spiracles," which work like a non-respiratory water pump drawing water into the oral cavity and over the gills. Those species, which have to swim forward to force water into and through their mouth to breathe, are called "ram ventilators." Ram-ventilating sharks will suffocate if trapped in nets or restricted from swimming when caught on a long line.
It seems that being dragging backwards is the same as being stationary for this kind of shark -- gills no worky.

cdog
10-28-2004, 09:01 AM
That is by far the best tasting fish in the ocean. I've never caught a swordie though but I've caught Makos, believe me that fish will be eaten.
They can come to the boat quickly when hooked because they are not afraid of anything, they wiil even attack the boat. They are a challenge to bait, hook, fight and land and are as acrobatic as any Marlin.
Kill 'em, grill 'em. If God didn't want us to eat 'em he wouldn't have made 'em taste like meat. :wink:
AMEN! Well Said Brad. Funny how people don't like meat with a face. We should start putting stickers of pretty little calfs on the steak packages at the market. If people get groosed out and stop buying it, then it will get cheaper for us.

carbonmarine
10-28-2004, 09:03 AM
Shark fishing needs to be seriously re-thought.
Sharks on whole whole need not be culled. These are not nuisance white tail deer, gophers or those mamals which are born to be killed and susatin all of us.....Sharks need protection, in teh same way Summer Love will need protection from OG & I next week.... :D !!!!
Rick32

Bad Baja
10-28-2004, 09:04 AM
Where the hell was this thing caught? Dont want to be swiming in those waters.

Schiada76
10-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Sharks on whole whole need not be culled. These are not nuisance white tail deer, gophers or those mamals which are born to be killed and susatin all of us.....Sharks need protection, in teh same way Summer Love will need protection from OG & I next week.... :D !!!!
Rick32
They need to be protected from longliners and gill netters not recreational fisherman.
When there are Bluefin in our local waters the commercial seiners hammer the hell out of them. One "set" from a super seiner far exceeds the catch for overa years fishing on a 100' sport boat. They make mutilple sets sets a day and decimate the schools. Then they sell them for cat food. It's a total waste of the resource.

sdpm
10-28-2004, 09:11 AM
This guy was caught from a boat fishing under the London Bridge at Havi. So I was told? :cool:

cdog
10-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Rick32
I think you'd find that the people that fish them do more to preserve and protect them than you think. That Macko was by far larger than you would want a shark who can swim 45 mph to be. The biggest threat to sharks is the asian fishing market. They will kill them just for the fin and throw the carcuss in the water. I've dove with reef sharks and nurse sharks and some what understand how they react to humans in their space. Macko are like the cheeta's of the ocean and that one was way too big. They average 350-400 pounds.

MudPumper
10-28-2004, 09:24 AM
well alrighty then - - shark attacks have been happening more and more - do you think the sharks say - hey look at that fat bastard up there isn't he purrrrrty - i think i will let him live - or should i trophy his azz - shark is good - saute'd in white wine and onions - lil lemon zest can topped with cracked peper I have no sypathy for sharks - and i have no sypathy for the flockers that hunt them and die ... either ...
Lucky, I would have to say that if shark attacks are up it is because of a greater population using the ocean. Are shark attacks up or are they getting more coverage in the media, giving the impression that shark attacks are up? I would say it's probably a combination of both but either way you can't fault the shark for taking a bite. If you hike in the forest long enough you just might get eaten by a bear. Can you fault the bear for doing what comes naturally?? It's like the developers that keep mowing done the hillsides and building homes and then everybody freaks out when a coyote or bobcat wanders into their neighborhood and eats their cat. Next thing you know they had to kill it. WTF We encroached on the animals terroritory which was there long before we came along. I don't know, I'm an avid scuba diver and love the ocean. I don't have anything against fishing and eating meat, I like nothing better than some seared Ahi or a medium rare filet. But that shark is essentially a dinosaur of the ocean and I think it deserves be left alone. Just my opinion. ;)
Tobtek, no offense taken I can appreciate the picture. It would have been funny if when the shark started dragging the boat backwards, the captain said, "We're going to need a bigger boat." Straight out of Jaws. :D

Her454
10-28-2004, 09:29 AM
Impressive -but scary as hell. But then again, Im still scared of getting in over my head since the movie Jaws....traumatized the hell out of me but I dont see the point in killing them for ..........sport? And how much of that shark can actually be considered "food"?
And BTW, if I ever get bit by a shark....it will be in HIS LIVING room, NOT MINE, so it would be my own damn fault. :rolleyes:

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Tobtek, no offense taken I can appreciate the picture. It would have been funny if when the shark started dragging the boat backwards, the captain said, "We're going to need a bigger boat." Straight out of Jaws. :D
Or.... "She took 3 barrels" or something like that. :D

Her454
10-28-2004, 09:33 AM
Or.... "She took 3 barrels" or something like that. :D
Funny I still remember the guys name that got eaten and his boat sank...he popped out while they were diving and it scared the shit out of the whole theatre....
"Hey thats Ben Gardners Boat"............and yet I cant remember shit I did yesterday?

MsDrmr
10-28-2004, 09:36 AM
I dont consider it offensive, just sad. I think you just saw something that you though was interesting and wanted to share with everyone, It's a beautiful shark, just sad thats the way we see them

MudPumper
10-28-2004, 09:40 AM
Have you guys ever seen the Short Movies, I think theyre on USA or TNT but anyway they are Chimpanzees reenacting a scene from Jaws. It's a riot.

RiverOtter
10-28-2004, 09:41 AM
Have you guys ever seen the Short Movies, I think theyre on USA or TNT but anyway they are Chimpanzees reenacting a scene from Jaws. It's a riot.
Yep. Too Funny!

1Shockwaveguy
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Holy shit

Rexone
10-28-2004, 10:05 AM
dude that's badass!

Rexone
10-28-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm not a professional, but it almost looks as if it had been baited, with all the blood around it's mouth. I would suppose that if it had a rope around it's tail and drowned, it wouldn't bleed from it's mouth. Then again, I could be wrong.
Neat creature, you gotta admit. :220v:
The blood is from the hook. Many fish deliberately for shark (me not one of em) and many others are hooked inadvertantly fishing for other billfish, large tuna, etc. Many fish drown being caught simply from exhaustion. Imagine swimming or running at sprint speed for an hour, you might die if you could even do it... no different with animals.
Long standing debate on what's right and wrong with fishing, hunting for trophey animals. One thing is for sure it is an awesome animal.

Her454
10-28-2004, 10:20 AM
One thing is for sure it is an awesome animal.
Unless its within 30 feet of you and not behind glass. :rollside:

Aqua Boogie1
10-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Nothing towards you Tob............Congrats on the new addition again!!!

Rexone
10-28-2004, 10:42 AM
One thing is for sure it is an awesome animal.
Unless its within 30 feet of you and not behind glass. :rollside:
That only makes "You" a stupid animal
Can you say ciao? :D

oldbuck40
10-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Good God!!!! What A Fish!
I Hunt And Fish Also And Love Doing It,i Take No More Than What I Can Use And Have Taught This To My Kids And Am Now Working On Teaching It To My Grandson. The Most Important Thing My Dad Taught Me Coming Home With A Trophy Whitetail Buck Was,show It Off At Camp And Show It Off When You Get Home! But On The Way Home With Respect To Others Cover It Up!!!!

Kilrtoy
10-28-2004, 10:47 AM
That is why i dont like the OCEAN

Unforgiven
10-28-2004, 10:49 AM
watch out...some ass might give you neg points for this one... :(

Her454
10-28-2004, 10:57 AM
That only makes "You" a stupid animal
Can you say ciao? :D
Correction, stupid would be giving him the chance to have me for lunch, giving people reason to bitch about the wonders of the world and how they terrorize humans - and then slaughter them for it. :):):)

dirty old man
10-28-2004, 11:39 AM
That guy would give you a nasty bite!

Tremor Therapy
10-28-2004, 11:50 AM
Some very good points!
One, greater use of the ocean and ocean front.
Two, over fishing of deep water species that the shark would normally prey upon.
Three, allowing other main prey species (seals) to come ashore, and not chased away.
Four, more accessibility and sensationalism about shark attacks.
But I must admit, when you are diving, and a 6-10 foot shark is around....you couldn't squeeze a straight pin in your arse! :2purples:

ROZ
10-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Yea right! You aren't pc one bit ya arrogant BMW pimpin mofo! :D

ROZ
10-28-2004, 11:59 AM
But I must admit, when you are diving, and a 6-10 foot shark is around....you couldn't squeeze a straight pin in your arse! :2purples:
But a little diahrea isn't out of the question :eek:

jayd_jr
10-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Well let me sum this up a little. When they have shark tournements they use all the cught fish for marine biology information as well as tagging smaller sharks. This shark was actually not a record shark but close the record is over 1300 pounds.
One other thing lets not forget HDD's tuna fish tacos we all love!!!!!!

Her454
10-28-2004, 01:51 PM
When they have shark tournements they use all the cught fish
Shark Tournaments? I've never heard of that before....... ?

WILDERTHANU
10-28-2004, 02:05 PM
I'D WRESTLE THAT BITCH!!!!!

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:20 PM
No harm Toby!
Shark fishing is for rookies. The easiest fish to catch. I spit on those who make it a "sport" as anyone can throw a chuck o' mackrel on a hook and wait. :eat:
Come on OG obviously you don't fish and haven't fished for Mako's or Threshers before! :messedup:
It takes a lot of time on the water to get a trophy like that. :clover: They all look like commercial fisherman, it's their occupation and how they make their money. :redface:
The Mako is one of the fastest swimming fish in the ocean and have been recorder leaping out of the water to up to 20' high. Truely a remarkable fish that all true fisherman respect.
This isn't the norm its the exception!
HDD :D

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
Although you may not agree, its the same right you have to go diving or boating or whatever you leagaly choose to do! :hammerhea
Unless you are going to release it, there is a point at which you have no choice but to kill and keep the fish. If they released this fish it may not have survived, plus if you have ever tried to get near a shark that big to cut the rope someone would have definetly been injured. Cutting the line and leaving the hook is a safe way to release them.
I pretty sure this is from a tournament from Nova Scotia so that's why it was brought back to weigh.
I practice conservation on the ocean. :D
HDD :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:31 PM
If you kill it eat it, i don't know anyone that eats Mako though..... I am completely unimpressed by this display of testosterone laced pseudo-manliness.
KK,
I'll put a few Mako steaks on the "Q" for ya next season in Havi and you can jusdge for yourself. :eat: :D
One of the best tasting fish hands down. :D

Three Days Only
10-28-2004, 02:33 PM
I practice conservation on the ocean. :D
You bring back some damn good Blue Fin, I might add. We all know that none of that was wasted.
3DO

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Im not offended by it either.
But I have to agree that its almost tragic to take this sharks life, just for the fun of the hunt. And to have it go on for over an hour before the shark finally drowned in inhumane to my standards, I couldnt bare to see that, and I would have cut the rope.
But to each there own :(
You would be dead if you tried to cut that rope, trust me I fished for Mako's for over 15years and have seen 200 lbs jump out of the water and into the boat and tear up every thing, and it sent us all running up to the bow. :eek: :eek:

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Toby, no harm...it is still a beautiful animal. My only problem is with the depletion of sharks in general. It takes many years for them to reach sexual maturity and too many are being killed way before they can reproduce. I'd like to have them around for the next million years as well......
The so Cal coast is the spawning grounds for Mako's and Threshers.
That's why so many smaller one are caught off our coast. I think it takes about five years for a female to reproduce, and it puts them about in the 200lb range. The produce live pups.

burtandnancy
10-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Someone asked, how do you drown a fish like that? The answer is: Hold his nose with one hand and push his head under with the other.

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:45 PM
They need to be protected from longliners and gill netters not recreational fisherman.
When there are Bluefin in our local waters the commercial seiners hammer the hell out of them. One "set" from a super seiner far exceeds the catch for overa years fishing on a 100' sport boat. They make mutilple sets sets a day and decimate the schools. Then they sell them for cat food. It's a total waste of the resource.
This is where the real issue is. That is one fish caught on rod and reel. Although it swam to the boat an they were able to rope, it is the main reason they caught it. Otherwise it would have just swam off and broke the line.
If your into protecting our ocean thaen you should be concerned with the commercial long liners and bottom trawler's.
The bottom trawlers drag giant steel plates on the bottom of the ocean floor really close to shore and in shallow waters ruining the reefs and living ocean. The catch so much by product that they can't even sell and either just dump it or sell it for cat food.
They even catch small sharks and keep them. :2purples:

91nordic29
10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
I hate watching hunting shows, they always say "look at that beautiful animal" than BAM, they kill the thing. It isnt so beautiful dead... :confused:
i know what you mean. i caught the last part of one of those shows on accident last week and they were in new mexico hunting these gazelle - like animals (cant remember the name). one was separated from the herd just laying in the grass for a rest, i swear not 20 yards away. a guy pulls out this huge telephoto lens (or so i thought, it was actually some kind of scope) and props his rifle on it and shoots the animal. course they are all patting each other on the back. like they really did something hard. it was gross.

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:51 PM
I don't have anything against fishing and eating meat, I like nothing better than some seared Ahi or a medium rare filet. But that shark is essentially a dinosaur of the ocean and I think it deserves be left alone. Just my opinion. ;)
Mud P,
On my last trip the San diego commercial tuna seiners didn't even send their boats down to wrap "Net" the big bluefin.
Teh cost of fuel and the price they were getting for the catch didn't net them a dime they would be trading fish for gas.
Now while there were over 8 sportboats fishing with an average of 30 peeps on board and only about a 100 fish were caght with only 3-4 going over 200 lbs.
A single wrap from a seiner can net ove 50 tons. :( :2purples:
The super seiners each had a helicopter and 4-5 support boats, this is the crime.
HDD

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:55 PM
One other thing lets not forget HDD's tuna fish tacos we all love!!!!!!
That's a good point and I eat all that I catch. I even donate fish to Saint Vincente Depaul Chuch for homeless people. :cool:

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 02:56 PM
You bring back some damn good Blue Fin, I might add. We all know that none of that was wasted.
3DO
You tell them 3DO! :D
Not all fisherman are bad! :hammer2: :D
HDD :D

Schiada76
10-28-2004, 03:00 PM
HDD WTF??????
Everytime I'm out the seiners are all over any school we see! That would be ssoooooooo sweet to get on the BFT without 'em. :messedup:

MOBrien
10-28-2004, 03:05 PM
Very impressive fish.........
...........not very impressive to throw a freakin lasso around it's tail and drown the thing. It's not even a ligitimate catch.
Would've been just as cool to just video it along side the boat, cut the line, and let the beast go. Shark doesn't even taste good....catch-n-release unless you NEED it for food. If karma is real, these jackasses will be eaten by this poor guys big brother next time they go into water. Imagine how big that focker is. Whooooooaaaahhh.

Schiada76
10-28-2004, 03:12 PM
...........not very impressive to throw a freakin lasso around it's tail and drown the thing. It's not even a ligitimate catch.
Would've been just as cool to just video it along side the boat, cut the line, and let the beast go. Shark doesn't even taste good....catch-n-release unless you NEED it for food. If karma is real, these jackasses will be eaten by this poor guys big brother next time they go into water. Imagine how big that focker is. Whooooooaaaahhh.
Actually we are at the top of the food chain, and MAKO is BY FAR the best fish I've every tasted. Better than personally caught Halibut, Ahi or BFT. That fish was sold at market and into personal freezers. :D

91nordic29
10-28-2004, 03:50 PM
i eat all kinds of meat and i know where it comes from. i have seen all types drawn and quartered. i just think if you are going to call it hunting or fishing for sport, you dont shoot it while its napping from behind a telephoto scope or lasso and drag it through the water till it dies. my .10

HCS
10-28-2004, 03:54 PM
i eat all kinds of meat and i know where it comes from. i have seen all types drawn and quartered. i just think if you are going to call it hunting or fishing for sport, you dont shoot it while its napping from behind a telephoto scope or lasso and drag it through the water till it dies. my .10
Ya. You hit the damn thing on the head with a sledge hammer. :frown:

CA Stu
10-28-2004, 03:57 PM
If I caught that bastard, I'd have a shark skin suit, sharksin shoes, sharkskin hat, sharkskin boxers, sharkskin wallet, sharkskin interior in my car, eat shark 3 times a day, mount the jaws on the front of my house, have a trophy made with the skeleton, feed all the cats in the neighborhood for a year, and change my name to "Sharky".
Shark meat is great food, all except blue shark, they have so much ammonia in their system their flesh smells like piss.
There was some guy, I believe name was Alf Dean, that caught several "granders" off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, back in the 40s and 50s, I think. That guy is my hero.
Anyone that thinks tailroping a shark isn't proper has never gone sharkin'.
Plus, that shark looks like a Kerry supporter.
Thanks
CA Stu

HCS
10-28-2004, 04:02 PM
If I caught that bastard, I'd have a shark skin suit, sharksin shoes, sharkskin hat, sharkskin boxers, sharkskin wallet, sharkskin interior in my car, eat shark 3 times a day, mount the jaws on the front of my house, have a trophy made with the skeleton, feed all the cats in the neighborhood for a year, and change my name to "Sharky".
Shark meat is great food, all except blue shark, they have so much ammonia in their system their flesh smells like piss.
There was some guy, I believe name was Alf Dean, that caught several "granders" off the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, back in the 40s and 50s, I think. That guy is my hero.
Anyone that thinks tailroping a shark isn't proper has never gone sharkin'.
Plus, that shark looks like a Kerry supporter.
Thanks
CA Stu
I have to agree. Eat the damn thing. It's just a fish.

throwerb
10-28-2004, 04:09 PM
First of all throwing a rope around its tail is about the only option. Bringing a shark in your boat, even if you could get this one in, would be just plain dumb. Second, Mako is one of the best tasteing fish there is, and very expensive. Third, I'd be willing to bet the sharks aren't all sitting around felling all guilty for what happened to his girl. Bet she doesn't think their cool swimming along side her.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/01/13/cnna.hamilton/
Shark hunt fish to eat, and so do we.

throwerb
10-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Probably be better to swim up next to it, tap it on the shoulder, and hug and kiss it to death, just like they do with the cows. :hammerhea

hot_diggity_dog
10-28-2004, 04:22 PM
HDD WTF??????
Everytime I'm out the seiners are all over any school we see! That would be ssoooooooo sweet to get on the BFT without 'em. :messedup:
:devil: They shut it down on us too but we got a few. :rollside:
We should of had a WFO bite on the larger BFT's for weeks.

XtrmWakeborder
10-28-2004, 04:31 PM
First of all throwing a rope around its tail is about the only option. Bringing a shark in your boat, even if you could get this one in, would be just plain dumb. Second, Mako is one of the best tasteing fish there is, and very expensive. Third, I'd be willing to bet the sharks aren't all sitting around felling all guilty for what happened to his girl. Bet she doesn't think their cool swimming along side her.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/01/13/cnna.hamilton/
Shark hunt fish to eat, and so do we.
That chick has such a great story i remember her right after the surgery her saying the only thing she was worried about was losing her sponsership. Now theres a tough kid with a great attitude that loves what she does and knows the risks she takes doing it. Ps i love shark ceviche (sp)

Flyinbowtie
10-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Hunting and freshwater fishing recreationally are high on my list of things to do. Recreational fishing, even those who do it often, are not decimating the fisheries.
Commercial over-harvesting is.
Thanks to a friend, I've tasted some Mako Shark. it is damn good stuff. Grilled, on a dry manzinta fired BBQ, wrapped in tinfoil with a little garlic butter, to be precise.
Just like fresh trout.
I'm thankful folks are willing to go fishin' in the ocean, or I wouldn't get to eat Halibut, Abalone, etc.
I don't hang around in the ocean. That critter there, and it's kinfolk are why I stick to freshwater. So I trade them Elk, Venison, etc.
Good point about the tail loop. Unless you had a Caterpillar heel boom mounted on your boat, I really cannot see any other way to do it. Of course, when the critter started towing the boat bass-ackwards, I'd re-think my priorities.

Schiada76
10-28-2004, 04:58 PM
They are fun to ride! Well not Mako's exactly but whale sharks.
Run about 30 miles offshore, out of sight of land, in Cabo, slide up on a 25 to 30' whale shark, grab a mask, abandon ship :2purples: ride whale shark.
Talk about feeling TINY! :jawdrop:

KACHINA KEN
10-28-2004, 05:21 PM
KK,
I'll put a few Mako steaks on the "Q" for ya next season in Havi and you can jusdge for yourself. :eat: :D
One of the best tasting fish hands down. :D
No don't get me wrong, I eat any fish you put in front of me. But someone had a point about the age of this shark being very old, I have had lobster that was from an older specimen and the meat was wretched because it was sooo old, I would be surprised if he was going to eat it. If he does, no flag.

SHOTKALLIN
10-28-2004, 06:25 PM
I am really surprised at the number of tree hugers on the boards. What is this catch and release crap? Since when are big ass sharks on the endangered species list? How many surfers have been eaten by sharks? did you feel sorry for the shark or the surfer? you probably said something like its his fault for swimming in the ocean. Shark is some damn good eating. The next time you go out for seafood order the shark! As for all the tree hugers on the boards look at it from the angle of "WOW how many worthless homeless people can we feed with that big ass shark??? HMMMMMN?"
I sure hope all you tree huggers forget to vote next week or this country is in trouble. :lightsabe

TOBTEK
10-28-2004, 06:46 PM
watch out...some ass might give you neg points for this one... :(
I cant get much worse...I only have two green chicklets now....

Some Kind Of Monster
10-28-2004, 06:49 PM
I practice catch and release for several reasons.
The fish I fish for are trophy fish.. I don't go for the small ones, only the big rare ones. Most of the fisheries that I go to are in need of conservation so I try to do my part. Second, I don't care for the taste of the fish that I fish for. Nothing against those that keep their catch.

SHOTKALLIN
10-28-2004, 07:07 PM
All I'm sayin is that alot of people can be fed by that shark. he has served his purpose for the food chain and now it is his turn to be eaten. Its not some endangered species thats about to be wiped away for ever. Kill it and Grill it on the barbi. Sevre it up in the channel or at the sand bar. Shark tacos for everyone!

SHOTKALLIN
10-28-2004, 07:20 PM
That is not the only big shark in the ocean. I'm sure there are at least 3 or 4 more that size. :D Maybe he will make a really cool necklace with all those teeth and sell it on ebay. :D
All jokes aside thats alot of fish for alot of peeps to eat. as big as that thing is, he probably saved some marine biologists life by catching it. just think about the innocent scuba diver who could be studying some cute endangered species could have been eaten by this monster. I say tag a young one and watch it grow. As for this one I would like a few steaks.

SHOTKALLIN
10-28-2004, 07:24 PM
T&B you got a point there. Homeless people would only be interested in a big ass bottle of Thunderbird or Cisco. He could donate it to the L.A. mission and they could cook it for the homeless peeps. The L.A. mission has a big BBQ.

BeetleJuice
10-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Hunting and Fishing for sport is stupid! What's the point? Is it a macho thing that you hooked a large fish or shot a bear? Get a life!

SHOTKALLIN
10-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Beetlejuice your exactly right. It makes about as much sense as spending a heap of money on a fast boat to impress your friends. All that money could be spent feeding the homeless or stopping world hunger. lets sing in unison "coom bye ya my lord.....coom by ya"

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Like oldbuck40 I also hunt & fish. I'm looking forward to taking my 6 year old boy out hunting with me for the first time in a few weeks.
I have hunted all sorts of game and also eat what I shoot.
Hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating, skiing, rockclimbing & such teach so much to kids.....they teach respect, fear, safety, responsibility, and even help develop "common sence", or shall we call it "UN-common sence".
Our kids are being dumbed down by video games & TV. They are getting FAT & Lazy. Get your kids outside as often as possible. Like many of you, I get them out on the boat almost every other weekend year round. It builds character and teaches responsibility.
Here in the "OC", the general public has such a poor view of hunting that it has caused a big problem. We have the largest population of Mountain Lion in the United States, in a VERY small area, and it has gotten out of control. They stopped the hunting many years ago and since they have no natural predator, they are thriving. Now all the pets are getting eaten and the mountain bikers are getting attacked, all because hunting is bad.
Hunters & Fisherman DO respect and appriciate the animals & fish they hunt, yea we do say "Damn...Isn't that beautiful", because we really think they are !!!
Hey......Even that BIG PUSSY John Kerry Hunts !!!!!
CJG
:cool:

SHOTKALLIN
10-28-2004, 08:03 PM
The dumbing down of society is what the tree huggers want. its very sad.
I didn't know so many people saw fishing the same as hunting. these are the same folks that think its inhumane to slaughter pigs and cows for food. key word there is inhumane. they are not human people. they were put here to be eaten.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Hunting and Fishing for sport is stupid! What's the point? Is it a macho thing that you hooked a large fish or shot a bear? Get a life!
BeetleJuice....
Some people think it's stupid to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on a boat, spend another few thousand dollars a year to insure it, put a few hundred dollars worth of fuel in it, pay another couple hundred dollars to enter a race, that's not really a race, to run a hundred miles an hour or so around the ocean or lake picking up playing cards......Whats the purpose ???.....To have fun.......RIGHT!!!
?? Get a Life ?? you say.... :idea:
Hey....I think your boat is bitchen'.....I bet some snowbird would call it stupid!
I make it a point not to forget that running across the lake, fishing with my kids, or flying an aircraft is a REAL privilege.
CJG

throwerb
10-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Hunters & Fisherman DO respect and appriciate the animals & fish they hunt, yea we do say "Damn...Isn't that beautiful", because we really think they are !!!
I think they are most beautiful when served up on a plater with a cold beer to help it swim down. :wink:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-28-2004, 08:43 PM
:D :D :D

KACHINA KEN
10-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Hunting and Fishing for sport is stupid! What's the point? Is it a macho thing that you hooked a large fish or shot a bear? Get a life! Thats exactly what I was trying to get across, hunt & fish sure why not "kill it grill it" I can get behind that statement no problem. What i have a problem with is killing something for no good reason be it a cute bunny or a scary shark. Petability isnt the issue here, you gotta have a reason to kill something. if this master of the sea was killed and the carcass discarded for a few trophy bits of the body then in my opinion it's a bad thing, I would do anything to be in a cage observing this critter in his natural habitat. Now I only get to see him on a slab. BTW I have no problem with the thread author at all, he just brought this whole thing to light and I have no problem with that. Funny thing is that alot of us boating folk love and respect all thing s water related, if that makes me a "tree hugger" I'm cool with that. Even though I'm really a conservative Republican. I'm going to make it a point to go on some shark dives next summer, i think I will somehow integrate it into the "Club Salty" trips in July.

KACHINA KEN
10-28-2004, 08:55 PM
BeetleJuice....
Some people think it's stupid to spend a couple hundred thousand dollars on a boat, spend another few thousand dollars a year to insure it, put a few hundred dollars worth of fuel in it, pay another couple hundred dollars to enter a race, that's not really a race, to run a hundred miles an hour or so around the ocean or lake picking up playing cards......Whats the purpose ???.....To have fun.......RIGHT!!!
?? Get a Life ?? you say.... :idea:
Hey....I think your boat is bitchen'.....I bet some snowbird would call it stupid!
I make it a point not to forget that running across the lake, fishing with my kids, or flying an aircraft is a REAL privilege.
CJG
I think BJ is referring to folks that just shot to kill or catch and kill but don't eat it, the "trophy" dudes. I guess it all comes down to whether or not you were raised to put real values on all life and to kill with a purpose ( food, protection, population management maybe) it was a big thing with my Father to instill the value of life and believe me he is no tree hugger.

throwerb
10-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Thats exactly what I was trying to get across, hunt & fish sure why not "kill it grill it" I can get behind that statement no problem. What i have a problem with is killing something for no good reason be it a cute bunny or a scary shark. Petability isnt the issue here, you gotta have a reason to kill something. if this master of the sea was killed and the carcass discarded for a few trophy bits of the body then in my opinion it's a bad thing, I would do anything to be in a cage observing this critter in his natural habitat. Now I only get to see him on a slab. BTW I have no problem with the thread author at all, he just brought this whole thing to light and I have no problem with that. Funny thing is that alot of us boating folk love and respect all thing s water related, if that makes me a "tree hugger" I'm cool with that. Even though I'm really a conservative Republican. I'm going to make it a point to go on some shark dives next summer, i think I will somehow integrate it into the "Club Salty" trips in July.
I totally agree with your eat what you kill philosophy. Except where my ex- wife is concerned, I'll never eat her again :D

Some Kind Of Monster
10-28-2004, 09:54 PM
I know this is on a different scale but.. Every one of these fish is back in it's habitat right now where they are supposed to be. I agree with you guys when you say eat what you kill. I have a fascination with these fish that goes beyond that. I am interested in where they live, what they do all year, what conditions allow maximum growth, etc. There is something about tricking a fish into taking a fly that I made right off the surface of the water. There is also something about watching that same fish return to it's holding water to continue it's natural process. It has taken me a lifetime to learn about these fish. There is much to be learned by standing by the river with or without a rod. When I go fishing I find that I spend most of my time simply observing. It's my quiet time to get away from it all. To me it's deeper than just "fishing". Considering what this board is about, I never would have thought this thread would turn into what it has. I am not a tree hugger. I burn gas up and down the lakes and rivers just like the rest of you. I won't criticise anyone for doing their thing. This is my thing (or one of them).
That said, I have lived off my catch more than once. I know what it's like not to have food and have to live off the wild. I have no problem sacrificing a fish to keep me alive.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1683010_7A.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1683011_8A.JPG
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDuAu0VAyxyQanoQDJpMLBMZkqbH!V9nvj716Mdqki0qxLBU rM3y8SQw0hOIMlLBJGuYaDFPZqa!FqhzASgIzxFT5uXTqb86oT uRIiUGmQPhXdyG!1LnQ/big%20carp.JPG?dc=4675405311674983740

HCS
10-28-2004, 10:04 PM
Bull shit! How do you think people catch food?
How do you get your damn food and who cuts it up?
Some axe murderer? :hammerhea

C-2
10-28-2004, 10:05 PM
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgDuAu0VAyxyQanoQDJpMLBMZkqbH!V9nvj716Mdqki0qxLBU rM3y8SQw0hOIMlLBJGuYaDFPZqa!FqhzASgIzxFT5uXTqb86oT uRIiUGmQPhXdyG!1LnQ/big%20carp.JPG?dc=4675405311674983740[/QUOTE]
Hey, that shark was cute. But that carp - it's just plain-ass ugly and should be turned into fertilizer. I hate those damn things - yet oddly enough - like the colored version (koi). :eek: :eek:

HCS
10-28-2004, 10:07 PM
I totally agree with your eat what you kill philosophy. Except where my ex- wife is concerned, I'll never eat her again :D
I wouldn't eat any of my x-wives either. There's been too many dicks in there.
:2purples:

Some Kind Of Monster
10-28-2004, 10:08 PM
Hey, that shark was cute. But that carp - it's just plain-ass ugly and should be turned into fertilizer. I hate those damn things - yet oddly enough - like the colored version (koi). :eek: :eek:
Yup, ugly fish. Try catching it on a 2wt rod with 4lb test though.
Actually, I used to build ponds and I still have one with lots of koi. Awesome fish and very expensive if you get into it.

HCS
10-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Yup, ugly fish. Try catching it on a 2wt rod with 4lb test though.
Actually, I used to build ponds and I still have one with lots of koi. Awesome fish and very expensive if you get into it.
Ok get back on the subject. Would you eat pussy? :idea:

C-2
10-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Yup.
Congrats on the fly fishing. That's one helluva of a disappearing art, glad to see ya keeping it alive.
What type of fly did you use to catch the carp - a cheese puff or dorito? They seem to love those at Mead/Mohave lol

C-2
10-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Someone asked, how do you drown a fish like that? The answer is: Hold his nose with one hand and push his head under with the other.
hee hee hee
Once again the wisdom of Burt prevails. Too funny.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Actually it took an Adams like this one except a #4 (much bigger) right off the top.
https://www.flyfishingflies.com/mofcart/CD_Images/Adams-Irresistible.jpg

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Damn Monster.....
That trout is one beautiful fish......
Where did you catch him ??
CJG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-28-2004, 10:47 PM
The Carp is one of the best fighting fish around......
BIG sport fish in Europe.....
Ugly as sin.....
CJG

Some Kind Of Monster
10-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Most of my trout fishing is on the Lake Powell tailwater Lees Ferry (down with the sierra club!) and in the Arizona White Mountains. I like Lees Ferry because I can run my boat and fish :cool:

BeetleJuice
10-29-2004, 08:58 AM
I think BJ is referring to folks that just shot to kill or catch and kill but don't eat it, the "trophy" dudes. I guess it all comes down to whether or not you were raised to put real values on all life and to kill with a purpose ( food, protection, population management maybe) it was a big thing with my Father to instill the value of life and believe me he is no tree hugger.
Thanks Kachina Ken, that is exactly what I was trying to say! I am by no means a tree hugger, but to just kill a magnificant fish or animal for trophy and not for food or survival in my opinion is wrong! And to comment on some of the other comments, yes to a none boater, like a snowbird and even to some boaters it would seem stupid as to the amount I spent and do spend on my boat. That's what I enjoy for recreation and how I like to spend my money, like most on these boards do. The difference is that I am not taking a life for the hell of it!

cdog
10-29-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks Kachina Ken, that is exactly what I was trying to say! I am by no means a tree hugger, but to just kill a magnificant fish or animal for trophy and not for food or survival in my opinion is wrong! And to comment on some of the other comments, yes to a none boater, like a snowbird and even to some boaters it would seem stupid as to the amount I spent and do spend on my boat. That's what I enjoy for recreation and how I like to spend my money, like most on these boards do. The difference is that I am not taking a life for the hell of it!
Consider the polution you spew from your boat. I'm just as guilty as you. Stop and think of all the ramifications of running a boat.
Air pollution
Water pollution
Dead sea life from boat props. I've seen many seals, dolphins and pictures of Mantatees dead because of boat props. In fact the biggest killer of Mantatees is boat props. So now boating should be non PC according to your morals on killing wild life.
To me fishing and catching a record shark and eating it is a better use of wild life resourses than seeing dead bloated sea animals washing up on the shores of San Pedro and Palos Verdes because you want to ride around in a boat.
Again I own a expensive, gas guzzeling boat just as you, but just want to point out why I don't critize other for their passions.
You see your comment's leave you open to a litney of critisism. This is not ment to piss you off, just to make yo think.

cdog
10-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Watercraft: Manatees hit by boats, barges or any type of watercraft. Death may result from propeller wounds, impact, crushing, or any combination of the three.
http://www.floridamarine.org/features/view_article.asp?id=6780

cdog
10-29-2004, 09:44 AM
The Eyerdam Retort
The Wrath of Fat Bambi
Brevard County near the Kennedy Space Center and Lee and Collier Counties on Florida's lower West coast, lead the world in the number of manatee deaths for the first eight months of 2000.
Few manatees died, by comparison, in the busy boating areas of Southeast Florida, Palm Beach, St. Petersburg, and Jacksonville where the state enforces a frustrating manatee speed limit and recent political actions have threatened the marine industry. In fact, there is a greater statistical chance a sea cow will be crushed in a state flood control flood gate than hit by a boat in South Florida.
A review of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission post-mortems shows that 211 sea cows died in 2000, January through August, compared to 196 for the same period in 1999. Boats killed 68 this year. State controlled flood gates squashed 6 this year. Mother Nature took 76 this year. And 55 were found so late after death the cause could not be determined. Chances are good that most of them died of natural toxins.
http://www.theboatingnews.com/1000_eyerdam_retr.htm

cdog
10-29-2004, 09:48 AM
DOC FEARS YOUNG DOLPHIN DEATHS
Date: 29-Feb-00 08:26 pm
Newspaper: Regular National
Comments
Christchurch, Feb 29 - The Department of Conservation is concerned that young hector's dolphins may be caught when a set-net ban around the Banks Peninsula Marine Mammal Sanctuary is lifted.
Akaroa Field Centre supervisor Alistair Hutt said lifting of the seasonal ban today could have disastrous results for young dolphins.
``Over the last couple of years the season has changed and with it the dolphins' behaviour. The dolphins are hanging around the harbour later than they used to.
``The changing season has seen an increase in lobster krill which red cod and squid feed on. This in turn means that dolphins' main food source, red cod and squid, is now abundant,'' he said.
Last year at least two dolphin calves were found dead with severe lacerations, thought to be caused by boat propellers.
Mr Hutt said boaties around the peninsula, and particularly in Akaroa Harbour, should be aware of the dolphins, and take care for the next few weeks.
Fishermen should keep on eye on their set nets and refrain from setting them if dolphins were about, he said.
``The upper reaches of the bays are still a playground for hector's dolphin, although normally they have moved on from these shallow waters by this time of year.
``As this is the area that flounder nets are set and left overnight, keep a watch for this endearing but endangered marine mammal,'' he said.
http://www.whalewatch.co.nz/_disc3/000001a8.htm

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't eat any of my x-wives either. There's been too many dicks in there.
:2purples:
DOH!!!!

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Watercraft: Manatees hit by boats, barges or any type of watercraft. Death may result from propeller wounds, impact, crushing, or any combination of the three.
http://www.floridamarine.org/features/view_article.asp?id=6780
Yeah , I hit a manatee puttering into Steamboat a couple weeks ago. I cried and cried and cried. :notam:

cdog
10-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah , I hit a manatee puttering into Steamboat a couple weeks ago. I cried and cried and cried. :notam:
What you oviously don't get is, it take only one asshole to get a hard-on and go after our sport and ruin it or restrict it. Give then an inch and they'll take a mile. Think about it!!!!!!

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 11:20 AM
f uck everybody who doesn't appreciate that unreal photo of that bad-a ss mako. if they don't like it - don't look at it. thanks toby, that s hit is cool in my book. peace keyes
You havn't been around long enough to say F everbody so how about F you.

MOBrien
10-29-2004, 11:36 AM
POW, right in the mouth.

rrrr
10-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah! Hey shotkallin, where did you get the idea the people that posted in this thread are tree huggers?
Most people are concerned about natural resources and not too bound up to listen to other people's opinions.
I'm far from a tree hugger, yet I quit hunting. Didn't like it anymore. BUT, y'all go ahead. Deer need to be managed as do other game animals.
You know what bothers me? Hunters that kill cape buffalos or rhinos, animals like that. WTF is the point in shooting an overgrown ox or a huge animal that is becoming increasingly rare? Goddam stupid in my book.

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 12:20 PM
you telling me to f you, and you're runnin that cow paint scheme on your boat. what year did that fade out, aren't you glad you still have it?? didn't know there was a time frame on opinions - fu
The paint job is kinda an IQ test, you failed.... it's dalmation print Einstein. It's an 04' so nothing is faded on anything.
P.S. - change your name to 'wheres my manners?" you don't have any.

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 12:44 PM
dalmation's even worse. if you initially read my post, i was telling "toby" to say "fu" to everybody who didn't like his thread. not me telling everybody fu "einstein". so if you didn't reply back to me "with no manners" none of dribbleing bulls hit would be happening, "right" ? - where's my apology?
Don't back peddle pal,
"f uck everybody who doesn't appreciate that unreal photo of that bad-a ss mako"
"f uck everybody" thats what you said, you read your post again.
I don't appreciate the pic and so do others on this thread so exactly which one were you saying FU to??? By way of your post you were saying it to me and all the others who didn't like it. The arguement that we were having was if it wasn't eaten it sure was a shame it was taken. You never even participated in the debate, you just popped in and F'ed everyone who didn't think the pic was neato like you did. You're like the guy in a conversation that nobody acknowledges so you say something that forces them to. Well congratulations pal, now everyones looking at you... Welcome to the internet spotlight. But not because you are cool but because you are acting like a complete tool and insulting established board members here. BTW I forgot to ask, did you used to sign on under the moniker of "LAKE PIRATE" he was this jerk off that used to stir up shit all of the time and then he finally went away.
As for insulting my boat, whatever dude, all my friends here love my boat, it's won an award for best stereo and yadda yadda yadda. I bet you have something really original for a paint scheme like flames or tribal or swirls huh?

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 12:45 PM
dalmation's even worse. if you initially read my post, i was telling "toby" to say "fu" to everybody who didn't like his thread. not me telling everybody fu "einstein". so if you didn't reply back to me "with no manners" none of dribbleing bulls hit would be happening, "right" ? - where's my apology?
oh BTW TOBTEK is cool and would never say FU to anyone here.

cdog
10-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Popcorn!

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 01:00 PM
i would never back pedal from anyone (learn how to spell bitch), especially to a loud mouth like you. look who's looking for attention, why all the babble about nothing dude, get a life. you are showing what a real a sshole you really are by this long rant (above) on something so stupid, grow up. and i am glad all your friends love your doggie boat, thats the most important thing about owning a boat -
Thats the best retort you have, and don't get into it with me about spelling until you check yourself, Jesus dude. I'll just turn this over to the moderators, I see I am not getting anywhere with you. BTW Back peddling (that is correct for this tence) is from your own words, not from me. If you want to have a battle of wits with me you better load your wit gun...

hot_diggity_dog
10-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Don't back peddle pal,
I don't appreciate the pic and so do others on this thread so exactly which one were you saying FU to??? By way of your post you were saying it to me and all the others who didn't like it. The arguement that we were having was if it wasn't eaten it sure was a shame it was taken. You never even participated in the debate, you just popped in and F'ed everyone who didn't think the pic was neato like you did.
I bet you have something really original for a paint scheme like flames or tribal or swirls huh?
If you kill it eat it, i don't know anyone that eats Mako though..... I am completely unimpressed by this display of testosterone laced pseudo-manliness. A real man would get in the water with this animal 10 feet away and document it like Jaques Cousteau used to. This isn't a trophy.
Wow KK you have the gun loaded today, What up?
I guess I shouldn't take this as an insult then? :confused:
1. I eat Mako :D
2. I guess I'm not a real man :hammer2:
3. So what do you think is a trophy Mako Shark? :confused:
4. I appreciate the picture :D
5. I have a Tribal flame paint scheme :D
Hot (Hope I'm not looked at like that keyes guy ;) ) Diggity Dog :D

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 01:40 PM
jump on "g", i am having fun, f@#*% ing with this kook, he is all riled up about sharks. he must of had a bad shark meal at one time. anyways, i have wasted enough time with this babbleing idiot. you were a lil to late, now he is going to tell on me to the "moderators" wa wa, what a lil bitch. call me "g" - ("loaded wit gun" ? :cry: ) k
Don't get all excited pal, HDD isn't siding with you he's yanking my chain. And since I do have a life I need to finish up for the day. You have broken several of our board rules today both written and unwritten, I will simply turn this over to HH and he will take care of it, expect your inflammatory post to be pulled. BTW welcome to the board, I'm sure a sharp personable fella such as yourself will make alot of new and exciting friends here. :notam:

RiverOtter
10-29-2004, 01:45 PM
5. I have a Tribal flame paint scheme :D
LMAO!! :D

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 02:03 PM
believe you me, glenn is laughing at us both. and probably more at you for lil bitch attitude, does it feel good not being able to stay in a discussion w/out having to "turn this post over to a moderator". what good is a topic board if topics can't be discussed w/out lil narks like you. and don't worry about me having friends, i have plenty and a lot them are reading this and laughing at your weak ass. -
What the hell are you talking about, you havn't answered one point, all you have is bitch this, bitch that... you got nothing.

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 03:10 PM
i thought you had a life and were gone. you can't stand it, you're a dickted. you don't want to miss any of this, you are as much to blame as me on this one. you keep on spouting off, out of your piehole. just go away - beat it !
Whats a dickted? And are you going to answer one single point?

cc322
10-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Does chief Brody know they cought the shark, that may have injured some swimmers, our beaches are safe and as you can tell we will be open for the 4th of july. Amity means friendship you know :wink:

That Guy
10-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Jeez, I am gone for a few minutes and all hell breaks loose..... :crossx: I will refer to my original post in regards to shark fishing in general. Shotkallin completely misses the boat because most shark species are endangered and big Mako's like this one are a rare find. They have been over fished to the point of almost complete eradication of some species. Granted, the average sportsfisherman hasn't done this, it is mostly the Japanese boats and the longliners, seiners, etc., but the facts remain that they are in trouble. I hunt/fish but respect nature. This magnificent fish needs to be respected......again, Toby isn't to blame for posting the pic because it sure has elicited a "colorful" discussion.

That Guy
10-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Does chief Brody know they cought the shark, that may have injured some swimmers, our beaches are safe and as you can tell we will be open for the 4th of july. Amity means friendship you know :wink:
Now that was funny.... :D

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 04:01 PM
"addicted" - i just rephrased it. i thought i told you to leave. i am done with you, i exhausted all my comedy on you. there's no breaking you, your'e to serious. keyes (what point did you never make)
First off you dont tell me shit pal, and you're right I don't quit. Why in Gods name would I back down from someone like you. Your banter isn't comedy , it's plain pathetic all you have is insults and no intellect to rebut anything.
Answer the questions that you keep ignoring/dodging.
1. "f uck everybody" thats what you said, you read your post again.
I don't appreciate the pic and so do others on this thread so exactly which one were you saying FU to???
2.As for insulting my boat, whatever dude, all my friends here love my boat, it's won an award for best stereo and yadda yadda yadda. I bet you have something really original for a paint scheme like flames or tribal or swirls huh? YOU STILL HAVEN"T ANSWERED THIS ONE EITHER lets see a pic.
I love internet tough guys like you, funny thing is this is the only place they are tough. You know what my boat looks like, why don't you come on over next time you see me and we can discuss things? I love your "lil bitch" comments about me and would love to recieve them face to face. Or better yet, post a pic of your boat so i can come say hi if I see you.

Slib77
10-29-2004, 04:33 PM
I saw this thread when Tobtek first posted it up, just have not had the time to post. Nice find Tobtek.Mako's are bitchin' sharks and to find one that big is rare.
I am not a tree hugger. I eat deer, moose, elk and whatever else I can get my hands on when I visit my relatives. I catch a tuna or trout and I eat it.I eat shark, and Mako is the best tasting. Something that big and rare should have been tagged and researched (my opinion), unless it's feeding a crap load of people.
I dive everytime I get a chance. Diving has opened up a whole different view of the ocean for me. I know that when I am in the water I am in their world, same goes for surfing. The chances of getting nailed by a shark diving is rare, they stay clear of us because of all the noise we make underwater, you need a rebreather in order to get close to some of these sharks.
Anyways just figured I would throw my two cents in, since everyone else has.
Later people, and have a great weekend.
By the way Ken, I'm down for a cage dive next year for some white sharks, or Catalina anytime.

FRENCHIE
10-29-2004, 04:35 PM
i prefer toffe popcorn for this one!!! :) :)

Some Kind Of Monster
10-29-2004, 04:45 PM
kenny, i must be going. i had fun with you today, i will not be online again till monday, so try not to reply until then. i am going off to my life now :argue: peace - keyes
Why are you dogging KEN on his spelling when you can't even figure out how to make a complete sentence with periods and capital letters? The way you refer to yourself (i) in the lowercase also tells me a lot about you. :crossx:

KACHINA KEN
10-29-2004, 06:36 PM
I saw this thread when Tobtek first posted it up, just have not had the time to post. Nice find Tobtek.Mako's are bitchin' sharks and to find one that big is rare.
I am not a tree hugger. I eat deer, moose, elk and whatever else I can get my hands on when I visit my relatives. I catch a tuna or trout and I eat it.I eat shark, and Mako is the best tasting. Something that big and rare should have been tagged and researched (my opinion), unless it's feeding a crap load of people.
I dive everytime I get a chance. Diving has opened up a whole different view of the ocean for me. I know that when I am in the water I am in their world, same goes for surfing. The chances of getting nailed by a shark diving is rare, they stay clear of us because of all the noise we make underwater, you need a rebreather in order to get close to some of these sharks.
Anyways just figured I would throw my two cents in, since everyone else has.
Later people, and have a great weekend.
It is going to happen in July when i am doing the "Club Salty" runs. I think it will be more south of Catalina though. HDD and my buddy Mikey will know more about where they are, it's just finding a cage tour boat that will be the tough one.
By the way Ken, I'm down for a cage dive next year for some white sharks, or Catalina anytime.
Sign me up

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Can't we all just get along ????? :smile:
Don't hate me cause I shoot Bambi !!!!! :cry:
Peace, Love & John Kerry !!!!!.....NOT!!!! :frown:
Keyes.......Take a pill.....why suffer !!!!!
Peace,
CJG

MsDrmr
10-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Can't we all just get along ????? :smile:
Don't hate me cause I shoot Bambi !!!!! :cry:
Peace, Love & John Kerry !!!!!.....NOT!!!! :frown:
Keyes.......Take a pill.....why suffer !!!!!
Peace,
CJG
not if ya keep posting like that...people will look for a reason to hate if there is not a definate reason to do it....

SHOTKALLIN
10-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by: sbark1
Shotkallin completely misses the boat because most shark species are endangered and big Mako's like this one are a rare find. They have been over fished to the point of almost complete eradication of some species.
Show me an endangered list that says Mako shark. And why were these guys not arrested by the tree hugger police for catching the last Mako shark on earth? They should be caned and hung from a tree by thier big toes. I agree that this shark is an amazing catch, as he was king of the food chain. In my book man is part of the food chain too and that day the shark met his match. FISH ON!!! GET THE GAFF!!!!
If anyone knows this guy I could use a few steaks!

Phat Matt
10-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Well hunting season just started. I guess I better not post any pics this season. ;)

That Guy
10-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Show me an endangered list that says Mako shark. And why were these guys not arrested by the tree hugger police for catching the last Mako shark on earth? They should be caned and hung from a tree by thier big toes. I agree that this shark is an amazing catch, as he was king of the food chain. In my book man is part of the food chain too and that day the shark met his match. FISH ON!!! GET THE GAFF!!!!
If anyone knows this guy I could use a few steaks!
Here you go Mr. Shark expert.....this is directly copied from a marine biology website......
The Mako Shark is highly sought for its tender meat, and especially in Asian markets, for their shark fins which have even greater value for medicinal purposes. Some of the species are merely stripped of their prized fins by the international fishing fleets and then are thrown back into the depths, left to die.
Fins are now among the world's most expensive fisheries products. Values vary according to color, size, and thickness of fins. In Hong Kong, shark fin soup can fetch almost US$100 for a single serving, and wholesale pricing for fins can range from a low of US$40 to more than US$550 per kilo. As with most shark species, Mako Sharks are particularly susceptible to overfishing because they have long life cycles, resulting in the species being fished twice as fast as they are able to produce. Mako Sharks mature in seven to twelve years and only then produce small litters of baby sharks in their lifetime.
According to the World Wildlife Federation (WWF) the top 10 most endangered species are:
Black Rhino
Giant Panda
Tiger
Beluga Sturgeon
Goldenseal
Alligator Snapping Turtle
Hawksbill Turtle
Big Leaf Mahogany
Green-Cheeked Parrot
Mako Shark

Phat Matt
10-29-2004, 11:04 PM
MATT, I DID A HOUSE FOR A GUY AND HE GAVE US A HIND 1/4 (DEER) :D GOT SOME DEER AND DIDN'T HAVE TO HUNT ,HOPE TO GET A TAG NEXT YEAR :cool:
My cousins got back but didn't get any deer. The each got an elk though. I think they are both 5 points. Hunting is the fun part, but at least you got some to eat! :cool:

MsDrmr
10-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Here you go Mr. Shark expert.....this is directly copied from a marine biology website......
The Mako Shark is highly sought for its tender meat, and especially in Asian markets, for their shark fins which have even greater value for medicinal purposes. Some of the species are merely stripped of their prized fins by the international fishing fleets and then are thrown back into the depths, left to die.
Fins are now among the world's most expensive fisheries products. Values vary according to color, size, and thickness of fins. In Hong Kong, shark fin soup can fetch almost US$100 for a single serving, and wholesale pricing for fins can range from a low of US$40 to more than US$550 per kilo. As with most shark species, Mako Sharks are particularly susceptible to overfishing because they have long life cycles, resulting in the species being fished twice as fast as they are able to produce. Mako Sharks mature in seven to twelve years and only then produce small litters of baby sharks in their lifetime.
According to the World Wildlife Federation (WWF) the top 10 most endangered species are:
Black Rhino
Giant Panda
Tiger
Beluga Sturgeon
Goldenseal
Hawksbill Turtle
Big Leaf Mahogany
Green-Cheeked Parrot
Mako Shark
Cant argue with that huh?

Phat Matt
10-29-2004, 11:07 PM
According to the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) the top 10 most endangered species are:
Black Rhino
Giant Panda
Tiger
Beluga Sturgeon
Goldenseal
Hawksbill Turtle
Big Leaf Mahogany
Green-Cheeked Parrot
Mako Shark
:D

TheLurker
10-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Black Rhino
Giant Panda
Tiger
Beluga Sturgeon
Goldenseal
Hawksbill Turtle
Big Leaf Mahogany
Green-Cheeked Parrot
Mako Shark
Ya,
But will they cut off the head and eat it?

SHAKEN Not Stirred
10-30-2004, 06:41 AM
Black Rhino
Giant Panda
Tiger
Beluga Sturgeon
Goldenseal
Hawksbill Turtle
Big Leaf Mahogany
Green-Cheeked Parrot
California Republicans
:D

KACHINA KEN
10-30-2004, 08:01 AM
Black Rhino
Giant Panda
Tiger
Beluga Sturgeon
Goldenseal
Hawksbill Turtle
Big Leaf Mahogany
Green-Cheeked Parrot
Mako Shark
There are all the Alligator snapping turtles you want in Louisiana, wonder how that one got on there. Goldenseal, all the pot smokers trying to pass piss tests. Big Leaf Mahogany???

That Guy
10-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Well Matt and Mr. Gibbons you both made me laugh as usual....No offense meant to anyone, just stating the facts....have a great Halloween.
Chris....call me. :shift:

SHOTKALLIN
10-30-2004, 04:41 PM
originally posted by sbark1: Here you go Mr. Shark expert.....this is directly copied from a marine biology website......
Black Rhino
Giant Panda
Tiger
Beluga Sturgeon
Goldenseal
Hawksbill Turtle
Big Leaf Mahogany
Green-Cheeked Parrot
Mako Shark
Then why were those guys not arrested or fined? It must not be that high on the tree hugger list of priorities if its not a punishable offense. Maybe you should spend less time on ***boat and more time over at www.greenpeace.com or www.amnestyinternational.com I'm sure they could use someone with your passion and researching skills. they might need you to look up the lyrics to "give peace a chance" or something like that. Better yet maybe they need you to stand in front of the grocery store collecting signatures on a clipboard to save the mako shark and the kangaroo rat. Just don't tell them you own a ***boat. Tell them its a vintage sailboat. That way they wont see you as a hypocrite gross poluter and they will still invite you to the next protest rally.
Fishermen don't shoot the seals that swipe thier catch because they are protected by the federal gov. You can go to jail for 6 months or something like that because they're are laws against it. Why don't you research the law for catching a mako shark since you are so skilled over at google.com
They could have cut the line if they wanted too, but they didn't because this is still a free country. for now anyway. Don't be pissed at them...be pissed at Asian countries for overfishing.
I would still like a few steaks and I still would not like to swim in water any where near that big mofo.

haulina29
10-30-2004, 05:26 PM
I want to hear more about that award winning stereo system ! :sleeping:

That Guy
11-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Then why were those guys not arrested or fined? It must not be that high on the tree hugger list of priorities if its not a punishable offense. Maybe you should spend less time on ***boat and more time over at www.greenpeace.com or www.amnestyinternational.com I'm sure they could use someone with your passion and researching skills. they might need you to look up the lyrics to "give peace a chance" or something like that. Better yet maybe they need you to stand in front of the grocery store collecting signatures on a clipboard to save the mako shark and the kangaroo rat. Just don't tell them you own a ***boat. Tell them its a vintage sailboat. That way they wont see you as a hypocrite gross poluter and they will still invite you to the next protest rally.
Fishermen don't shoot the seals that swipe thier catch because they are protected by the federal gov. You can go to jail for 6 months or something like that because they're are laws against it. Why don't you research the law for catching a mako shark since you are so skilled over at google.com
They could have cut the line if they wanted too, but they didn't because this is still a free country. for now anyway. Don't be pissed at them...be pissed at Asian countries for overfishing.
I would still like a few steaks and I still would not like to swim in water any where near that big mofo.
Nice...really classy....