PDA

View Full Version : Dicudmore/Shadow

Kachina26
10-28-2004, 03:44 PM
How's this for fricken DEAD.............................
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1284Shop.jpg

FRENCHIE
10-28-2004, 03:45 PM
then how come you aint been on line lately???? :(
and you should be well rested for saturday then!!!! :wink: :)

Kachina26
10-28-2004, 03:47 PM
I'm online, I B invisable.
Rested my A$$!!!!! You don't know what a nerve racking week this has been. Got big plans coming up. (might interfere with Sat :cry: )

FRENCHIE
10-28-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm online, I B invisable.
Rested my A$$!!!!! You don't know what a nerve racking week this has been. Got big plans coming up. (might interfere with Sat :cry: )
i must be psychic!!! :frown: :rolleyes:

Kachina26
10-28-2004, 03:58 PM
How do you figure?

shadow
10-28-2004, 04:03 PM
WOW! I thought i was alittle slow this week.I did 120 last pay and should be around 100 this time.
Pack up your tools and get out here.theres work and when it gets slow we can drive around by the lake.Got some info for you regarding the Chevy dealership.will pm you.

FRENCHIE
10-28-2004, 04:07 PM
How do you figure?
i called it two weeks ago with Sya and Plya!!! :notam:

dicudmore
10-28-2004, 04:08 PM
ouch, I feel BROKE :cry:
Hey, you gotta admit....that says something about GM quality control huh guys :wink:

dicudmore
10-28-2004, 04:09 PM
i wrote up 500 Hyundai's this month ;)
Never a slow day here.....
However, not a brand I'd wrench on, they pay nothing :hammerhea

BoatFloating
10-28-2004, 04:11 PM
Of coarse it's slow it's a Chevy repair place, they don't break down... You want to see busy go to the Ford dealer.... :D

HCS
10-28-2004, 04:13 PM
If your so slow how come my Suburban isn't fixed? What do you do, let all your flat rate techs get their hours in and split for a beer. :D

dicudmore
10-28-2004, 04:22 PM
If your so slow how come my Suburban isn't fixed? What do you do, let all your flat rate techs get their hours in and split for a beer. :D
they don't go home early if they like $$$ :wink:

Kachina26
10-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm like the Maytag repairman! GM's just don't break! (my nose is growing) I got one right off of the truck with a battery light on, new voltage regulating system. They barely even have diagnostic info on it yet. Generator Battery Control Module.

dicudmore
10-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm like the Maytag repairman! GM's just don't break! (my nose is growing) I got one right off of the truck with a battery light on, new voltage regulating system. They barely even have diagnostic info on it yet. Generator Battery Control Module.
that's why they pay you the big bucks my friend.....to be able to figure out all these quirks :wink:
P/S you can't expect these things to last forever you know....
I told that to a lady that was dropping off a Sonata a couple weeks ago. it was 5 days old, 300 miles. Had to replace trans, front pump was leaking :D

shadow
10-28-2004, 05:55 PM
that's why they pay you the big bucks my friend.....to be able to figure out all these quirks :wink:
I told that to a lady that was dropping off a Sonata a couple weeks ago. it was 5 days old, 300 miles. Had to replace trans, front pump was leaking :D
I hear thats what they do with those imports,if the trans leaks they just replace it.Must be nice just remove and replace.no diag,no rebuild just replace.Is that the way it works?

dicudmore
10-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I hear thats what they do with those imports,if the trans leaks they just replace it.Must be nice just remove and replace.no diag,no rebuild just replace.Is that the way it works?
yeah, we over-haul manuals but not the automatics at all....
I think some of it is lack of capability, and some of it, tech line tells the guys to flat out replace it...
plus, these Hyundai transmissions cost nothing....I think the parts about $800 warranty cost, to try to build one the converter alone is 600...
it really kills me when we put one in, go drive it and it leaks or something and they need another ticket for a parts warranty :wink:

shadow
10-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Job security for you and the tech! :cool:
Gotta love service part warranty.

Kachina26
10-28-2004, 06:15 PM
You must have a guy that just carries those BIG BRASS BALLS around for you!!!

dicudmore
10-29-2004, 07:24 AM
You must have a guy that just carries those BIG BRASS BALLS around for you!!!
are you implying that I might need some back-up sometimes? :2purples:

Kachina26
10-29-2004, 07:31 AM
are you implying that I might need some back-up sometimes? :2purples:
I'm saying the "pair" you got is TOO BIG to hang between 2 legs!!!!!!!
Brand new car and you say something like that, I hope she was cool

dicudmore
10-29-2004, 07:40 AM
I'm saying the "pair" you got is TOO BIG to hang between 2 legs!!!!!!!
Brand new car and you say something like that, I hope she was cool
well, actually I kept a copy of the letter I got from her attorney a few days later....something about not appreciating my comment to her that "I know I hhave had the car longer than you have :wink:" (took us 3.5 weeks to finish)

HCS
10-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Yep. That's what we do. Replace em. They don't mess around even trying
to rebuild em. Smoke it replace it. :coffeycup

HCS
10-29-2004, 07:58 AM
Nissan tranys run any where from $2500.00 to $3800.00. :jawdrop:

dicudmore
10-29-2004, 08:18 AM
sounds beautiful.....
that manufacturer might be in my future :wink:

HCS
10-29-2004, 08:23 AM
sounds beautiful.....
that manufacturer might be in my future :wink:
It's kind of funny. I don't think we have a tech in our shop that would even want to attemp to rebuild one.