PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi help needed

CrazyHippy
10-28-2004, 04:52 PM
My lil sis has a 97 Mitsu eclipse (non turbo) the timing belt just broke on it, and the shop (she's in San Diego or i'd do it myself) told her it's not worth fixing. I'm planning on going to get the car and fix it (that's what big brothers are for).
Is this thing an interferance motor? From talking w/ her, my gut says no (car shut down like turned the key off, not a hard stop).
Do i need to pull the head?
I'm confident i can do this, but if it's going to need head work too.. it might not be worth it :frown:
BJH

Wakker
10-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Sure its not a timing chain?

CrazyHippy
10-29-2004, 07:24 AM
90% sure, but i haven't torn into it so not 100%
BJH :frown:

HALLETT BOY
10-29-2004, 08:01 AM
If it's a 2.0L , it's an interference engine...get ready for some bent valves !

lucky
10-29-2004, 08:04 AM
My lil sis has a 97 Mitsu eclipse (non turbo) the timing belt just broke on it, and the shop (she's in San Diego or i'd do it myself) told her it's not worth fixing. I'm planning on going to get the car and fix it (that's what big brothers are for).
Is this thing an interferance motor? From talking w/ her, my gut says no (car shut down like turned the key off, not a hard stop).
Do i need to pull the head?
I'm confident i can do this, but if it's going to need head work too.. it might not be worth it :frown:
BJH sorry bj but i can't let this go
will you need some help lifting the head , or are ya planning on using a cherry picker :D lmao

CrazyHippy
10-29-2004, 02:40 PM
If it's a 2.0L , it's an interference engine...get ready for some bent valves !
That's exactly what i didn't want to hear :squiggle: :(
Thanks!
BJH :frown:

CrazyHippy
10-29-2004, 02:41 PM
sorry bj but i can't let this go
will you need some help lifting the head , or are ya planning on using a cherry picker :D lmao
Funny... you think you're so strong.. lets go do some cardio.. i'll make you cry like a little girl :hammer2: :eat: :D
BJH