PDA

View Full Version : Just need to vent

Boat Loan Guy
10-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Allright so how pissed off would you be and what would you do about this situtation.
Yesterday my son was playing football for a team in Corona, he is a back up wide reciver and ussally only plays after the team gets up by a couple of touchdowns, while in the third quater my son gets in the game and catchs his first catch of the year and proceds to run it in for a touchdown. I cant explain how happy he and I were, this smile on his face went from ear to ear. Know for the fun part, I proceed to leave the game to go to the parking lot to pick him up, as I am sitting in the truck thanking about where I can take him for dinner and how pround I was of him, I see him walking up and crying, I am sitting there thanking what the F*** is going on. I jump out of the truck and ask whats wrong as he is crying he tells me one of the coachs in front of the rest of team, coachs and some of the parents that were there that he needs to enjoy his touchdown for the rest of the season because he Is THE WORST PLAYER ON THE TEAM AND WHILE NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN.
I was just plowen away by what he was telling me. I truned the truck off and start walking up towards the gym looking for this coach ( bye the way he is the offensie line coach not even a wide reciever coach or the head coach)
as I come up on the gym I see this a hole standing there talking to the athletic director for the school, as I approach the two of them they see me and instaly start to appoligize for what has happen and then proced to tell me that the reason he said this was becuase my son was talking while he was talking. When I asked my son about it he said that the rest of the team was comming up patting him on the back and he was just saying thanks to everyone. It wasnt like he was screwing around jumping up and down he just wasnt paying attention to what the coach was saying at the time. The team had just beat this team bye some 30 points and with 3 minutes left in the game the rest of the coachs were all joking around so the rest of the team thought it was all good.
Any ways I told coach that he needed to stand up in front of the hole team on Monday and apoligize to My son in front of everyone, his response to this was that it would do no good and that everyone one would have forgot about it by then..right about then I looked at the both of them and told them I was to pissed off to talk about it at this time and we would discuss the problem tommorow. I then proced to call the head coach for the program and he told me he had allready heard about it and that the would get back to me today.
This moring I went down to the school to see the pricipal to find out what actions they were going to be taking, but they were all in meetings and I was told they would get back to me with a phone call. So far no phone call....
Just to top of all this off in the last couple of weeks my oldest son moved back with his mom I have rasied both my sons since they were 1 and 3 and this was the first time that they have ever been apart, so its been a bad couple of weeks for him and me and this was the first time in while that I thought hay this is going to be a great night for once in a long time and lets make it a fun night and try and get a good night sleep somthing that hasnt happen since my oldest son has left, then this freaken coach freaks everything up by his stupid commit.
If there was a problem this A hole should have broght my son to the side and told him to knock his stuff off or there could be a problem.
So again how pissed would you be and what would you do?
Thanks for the input......
bye the way there is more to the story I just highligted the important points...

Some Kind Of Monster
10-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Sounds like you're on the right track. I would say an apology is definately in order. I doesn't even matter if your son was doing something wrong. An adult should never tell a kid that he/she is the worst at anything.

MsDrmr
10-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Holy crap, thats a major f-up on their part. Some coaches just should not have their jobs.
I am sorry to hear about that...hopefully your day will get better

Havasu_Dreamin
10-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd be pissed as well. While my child may not be the best player on the team, there is absolutely no reason for an adult to speak to my hild in the manner you described. An apology is certainly warranted. And I would go one step further and file a formal complaint with the school district against the coach so that it goes in his file.

Excessive Force
10-29-2004, 10:19 AM
Well im sure you dont wanna embarass your son by taking any further action against the coach or team, I would just privately tell him how your gonna kick his ass if it happens again! ;)

rvrtoy
10-29-2004, 10:20 AM
What an F ing A$$hole!! Chris...You handled this much better than I would have. When it comes to my kids I am an emotional hot head. A formal appology from the school as well as the coach is in order. Written as well as verble appology to your son in front of the entire team!! :boxingguy

rrrr
10-29-2004, 10:23 AM
I feel for your son. I was treated that way by my HS coaches. Once during a game we were preparing for a punt return. I knew I could get throught the line easily, so I ran in, blocked the punt, and fell on the ball around the five yard line.
When I came off the field the coaches screamed at me for at least two minutes because I blocked the punt instead of peeling back for the return. Similar stuff happened all the time. I ran across my old head coach a couple of years ago and he was all nice and friendly. I just stared at him and walked off.
Explain to your son that he will run across a holes in his life and he will need to deal with them. Then tell him you are going to handle this particular situation, because the coach is an adult and so are you. Stress that you are not doing it because he can't, it's just appropriate that you handle it.
Then, go to the school and demand that the coach apologize to your son in front of the entire team. Period. If they refuse, go to the school board. Then, tell them you want the coach fired. That m*ther f*cker has no business coaching kids.
Make a big f*cking stink about it until you get the results you want. The son of a b*itch should be on the street.
Makes me so GD mad I could spit. The coach is lucky you didn't kick his *ss.
:mad: :mad:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Maybe I am miss reading your post but at the very most, all your son did was gloat?? Good for him! He should be proud of himself. Those coached need to get their heads out of their asses.
My dad would have probably kicked some ass for some adult making his kids cry. But that was 30 yrs ago when ass-kicking was not reason for a lawsuit like these days.

C-2
10-29-2004, 10:25 AM
You're a wise man for knowing when to cool off. Effective decisions are better made with a cool head. The fact you're not a hothead probably worries the staff, great job.
Give the guy hell and kick him in the junk when nobody else is looking. kidding

bigd1
10-29-2004, 10:27 AM
Typical HS or Jr. High football coach. They all think they're Mike Holmgren or Bill Parcells with their visors and headsets screaming at a bunch of 14 year old kids. I'd make the guy apologize to your son and get a formal meeting with the principal and the coach to make sure they understand how pissed off you are. Right now they are avoiding you hoping you'll just go away. The coach knows that if you get a meeting with the principal that it willl get noted on his record...

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-29-2004, 10:28 AM
I am frickin pissed and i don't even know you!!
These a-hole coaches think they can get away with anything and now this jackhole has been called on it. I would ask your son how far he wants you to take it. as clearly as you can try to identify any consquences if you, say, try to have him fired or make public that you are trying to can him.
At the very least, the coach owes your son an apology in front of the team. Hell, i'd try to be there myself to hear it.
and if you need some help "leaning" on this guy, i know some "people". JK

lucky
10-29-2004, 10:31 AM
that is b-s - why don't you get the school princiables e mail - i'd love to write a " how i feel thread " to the school - hell- i'd even use spelll check !!! bring it on

Excessive Force
10-29-2004, 10:32 AM
boatloan guy - please don't take offense to this, but dude your spelling is horrible, mix in a spell check - anyways, what an unfortunate situation to be in at such a young age (for your son), this could scar him for life as far as "team sports" goes. you need to correct this problem right away. get with the head coach, the coach who "popped off" and your son and have a sit down meeting. you need to clear the air with all parties, before his self confindence is shot (if it already isn't) - good luck - keyes
Think WE all need spellcheck :idea:

simple
10-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Very sad situation..........but common!!
Keep cool & handle yourself diplomatically. The damage is already done. Your son is now looking to see how you will react & your actions will leave a long lasting impression. He now has learned grown adults are not necessarily very wise & the adult was wrong. Your son will be stronger...just wait & see.
To have a teenage son come crying to his father shows how close you two are. Many dads never know what hurts their kids.
kudos to you!!
Good luck!

rrrr
10-29-2004, 10:33 AM
He's prolly too pizzed to worry about spelling. I would be.

BarryMac
10-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Not only do you need an apology from the Entire Coaching Staff and Principal, you should be getting an apology from the School Board as well. There is absolutely NO reason that a coach should EVER front up a player like that in front of the Team, he should be realeased from his duties as a said COACH....

Tom Brown
10-29-2004, 10:39 AM
It's too bad that life can be a total a shit storm at times. This won't be the last thing you two deal with. Hopefully, you and your son will come together as men and deal with these situations while making you both stronger as people and bring closer together.
At the end of the day... it's your son that matters, not some jagoff coach, or football. :cool:

Boat Loan Guy
10-29-2004, 10:44 AM
boatloan guy - please don't take offense to this, but dude your spelling is horrible, mix in a spell check :rollside: - anyways, what an unfortunate situation to be in at such a young age (for your son), this could scar him for life as far as "team sports" goes. you need to correct this problem right away. get with the head coach, the coach who "popped off" and your son and have a sit down meeting. you need to clear the air with all parties, before his self confindence is shot (if it already isn't) - good luck - keyes
Sorry about the spelling I was just really pissed when I was typing it out.
As far as my son we spoke alot about it last night and his thoughts were,
he wanted to contiune playing and he understands that the coach is an idiot, and the rest of the team does not feel this way about him.
I informed him just to be respectful when the coachs came up to him today to apologizes and let me handle the rest.

Unforgiven
10-29-2004, 10:47 AM
I get a call from my oldest daughter, Ms Soccer Player (spelling) she's crying telling me how the coach did some ass chewing in front of everyone ...talking to the ex she tells me same story...next weekend I'm in town, find out who the coach is...as I "CONFRONT" the coach as he is exiting his car :devil: I "kindly" inform him that he ever did that to my daughter again, my next visit would not be as "kind" as this one...as he aplogized to me he asked which one was my daughter,,,I replied...They are ALL MINE! :devil: he got the hint...no more BS ass chewings

superdave013
10-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Well im sure you dont wanna embarass your son by taking any further action against the coach or team, I would just privately tell him how your gonna kick his ass if it happens again! ;)
I like this one!

It's Only Money
10-29-2004, 11:02 AM
I'd file a complaint with the board of eductation for your district. State the particulars and be to the point, in other words demand a formal appology from the coach in question to your son in front of the entire team. Take no less than that for satisfaction.

GlastronGuy
10-29-2004, 11:08 AM
boatloan guy - please don't take offense to this, but dude your spelling is horrible, mix in a spell check :rollside: - anyways, what an unfortunate situation to be in at such a young age (for your son), this could scar him for life as far as "team sports" goes. you need to correct this problem right away. get with the head coach, the coach who "popped off" and your son and have a sit down meeting. you need to clear the air with all parties, before his self confindence is shot (if it already isn't) - good luck - keyes
Happy now?:
Alright so how pissed off would you be and what would you do about this situation.
Yesterday my son was playing football for a team in Corona, he is a back up wide receiver and usually only plays after the team gets up by a couple of touchdowns, while in the third quarter my son gets in the game and catches his first catch of the year and proceeds to run it in for a touchdown. I cant explain how happy he and I were, this smile on his face went from ear to ear. Know for the fun part, I proceed to leave the game to go to the parking lot to pick him up, as I am sitting in the truck thanking about where I can take him for dinner and how pruned I was of him, I see him walking up and crying, I am sitting there thanking what the F*** is going on. I jump out of the truck and ask whats wrong as he is crying he tells me one of the coach's in front of the rest of team, coach's and some of the parents that were there that he needs to enjoy his touchdown for the rest of the season because he Is THE WORST PLAYER ON THE TEAM AND WHILE NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN.
I was just blown away by what he was telling me. I turned the truck off and start walking up to wards the gym looking for this coach ( bye the way he is the offense line coach not even a wide receiver coach or the head coach)
as I come up on the gym I see this a hole standing there talking to the athletic director for the school, as I approach the two of them they see me and instantly start to apologize for what has happen and then proceed to tell me that the reason he said this was because my son was talking while he was talking. When I asked my son about it he said that the rest of the team was coming up patting him on the back and he was just saying thanks to everyone. It wasn't like he was screwing around jumping up and down he just wasn't paying attention to what the coach was saying at the time. The team had just beat this team bye some 30 points and with 3 minutes left in the game the rest of the coach's were all joking around so the rest of the team thought it was all good.
Any ways I told coach that he needed to stand up in front of the hole team on Monday and apologize to My son in front of everyone, his response to this was that it would do no good and that everyone one would have forgot about it by then..right about then I looked at the both of them and told them I was to pissed off to talk about it at this time and we would discuss the problem tomorrow. I then proceed to call the head coach for the program and he told me he had already heard about it and that the would get back to me today.
This miring I went down to the school to see the principal to find out what actions they were going to be taking, but they were all in meetings and I was told they would get back to me with a phone call. So far no phone call....
Just to top of all this off in the last couple of weeks my oldest son moved back with his mom I have raised both my sons since they were 1 and 3 and this was the first time that they have ever been apart, so its been a bad couple of weeks for him and me and this was the first time in while that I thought hay this is going to be a great night for once in a long time and lets make it a fun night and try and get a good night sleep something that hasn't happen since my oldest son has left, then this freaking coach freaks everything up by his stupid commit.
If there was a problem this A hole should have brought my son to the side and told him to knock his stuff off or there could be a problem.
So again how pissed would you be and what would you do?
Thanks for the input......
bye the way there is more to the story I just highlighted the important points...

redi4fun
10-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Boat Loan Guy,
I have to give you props man, Most parents including myself would have put that coach against the wall and threatened to kick his ass. Way to keep a level head and be a great example to your kid. I think a public apology from the coach to my son should suffice. Besides that explain to your kid that there are lots of a holes in the world and that sometimes you just have to blow them off. Because for every ahole is a grip of good people out there also. The last thing I would do is probably "accidently" run into the coach at a public place and let him discretly know that this will not happen again. :eat: Know what I am saying :D
Oh ya,
GREAT GAME KID!!!!

Excessive Force
10-29-2004, 11:19 AM
I get a call from my oldest daughter, Ms Soccer Player (spelling) she's crying telling me how the coach did some ass chewing in front of everyone ...talking to the ex she tells me same story...next weekend I'm in town, find out who the coach is...as I "CONFRONT" the coach as he is exiting his car I "kindly" inform him that he ever did that to my daughter again, my next visit would not be as "kind" as this one...as he aplogized to me he asked which one was my daughter,,,I replied...They are ALL MINE! he got the hint...no more BS ass chewings
Now thats what im talkin about!

Mtg Pro
10-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Boat Loan Guy, I feel for your son. How quickly some jacka$$ adult can take your sons moment of glory and turn it into crap. I think you have taken the right steps.

coolchange
10-29-2004, 11:25 AM
We cant control what happens, just how we react to it.
A teacher s worst fear, an involved parent.
I'd be there in the morning in the principals office and make it understood you are not leaving until it is handled.

Wally_Gator
10-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Boat Loan guy...
I am soo pissed hearign about this crap... I have had "administrative issues" with my childs school. Here is what I would do...
1. Take a few moments to kick something and just get it out of your system. While the coach would be a good object to kick, you wouldn't want the results.
2. Immediately write a letter to the superintendant of schools in your area. The school board wont do crap, the superintendant does. Copy the coach, principal and whomever else. Be clear concise and to the point.
3. Anyone that agrees with you that may have witnessed it, get a statement written down on paper and signed.
4. After sending in the letter of demand, then take to the next level.
The principal will usually stick by their co-workers, unless there is enough heat. You need to make sure you keep the heat on.
Good luck.

bunny 166
10-29-2004, 12:27 PM
I coach an elementary school girls dance team, and have many with 2 left feet, if you know what I mean. I cannot imagine speaking to a child in that manner, and humiliating him/her in front of their peers. The coach could have just asked him to hold it down, wait until i'm done, or something, but to just crush his spirit like that is wrong. I applaud you for holding your temper, and wish you luck when the teachers are out of "their meetings". You have every right to complain and you should!! Good luck to you...Bunny :boxed: :boxed:

2sand2
10-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Sure feels good to know that so many people see things the same way you do doesn't it. These kinds of threads do make a bad time seem a little less bad when you get support from your peers. All the advise is great but I think when all is said and done he still deserves a kick in the junk.
Good plul on the snlilepg keyes but nxet tmie rbeemmer to gvie an elpmaxe lkie tihs. :D

HYPNAUTIC
10-29-2004, 01:04 PM
without even knowing you taught you son a very good lesson. you showed him how you can stand up for yourself and not push a confrontation into fight. you may regret not kicking his a$$ now but, when your son becomes a better man you know it was because of you.

Boat Loan Guy
10-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Sure feels good to know that so many people see things the same way you do doesn't it. These kinds of threads do make a bad time seem a little less bad when you get support from your peers. All the advise is great but I think when all is said and done he still deserves a kick in the junk.
Good plul on the snlilepg keyes but nxet tmie rbeemmer to gvie an elpmaxe lkie tihs. :D
Yes it does thanks for all the support from everyone.
Just an update I spoke with the school a few minutes ago, the principal informed me that they would be taking a look into the situation and speaking with my son and the coaches, but that if I wanted to pursue this any further that I would need to file an official complaint with the school district. I just faxed over a letter to there HR people so we will see what happens. The funny thing was that the principal was asking me what I want to see happen to this coach, I thought that was a pretty stupid question, I told them they need to have this freaken coach act like a man and Apologizes in front of the team and then I wanted his ass off the freaken field for the rest of the year.
They informed me that the apologize was something they would speak to the coach about but as far as removing him from the field that would probley not happen this year since the end of the season was so close.
I asked this question then, what would have happen if my son would have stood up and told the coach he sucked in front of everyone would he still be able to finish out the season or would he have been released that same day?
There response was well that it’s a different Situation but yes that would be up to the coaches to decide.
Nice to see the double standard.....great lesson in life for the children don’t you thank..
Again thanks for all the support I am going to go online tonight and show my child this form so that he can see all the support from people, that should but a smile on his face it has me.... :)

DAB
10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Just an update I spoke with the school a few minutes ago, the principal informed me that they would be taking a look into the situation and speaking with my son and the coaches, but that if I wanted to pursue this any further that I would need to file an official complaint with the school district. I just faxed over a letter to there HR people so we will see what happens. The funny thing was that the principal was asking me what I want to see happen to this coach, I thought that was a pretty stupid question, I told them they need to have this freaken coach act like a man and Apologizes in front of the team and then I wanted his ass off the freaken field for the rest of the year.
They informed me that the apologize was something they would speak to the coach about but as far as removing him from the field that would probley not happen this year since the end of the season was so close.
I asked this question then, what would have happen if my son would have stood up and told the coach he sucked in front of everyone would he still be able to finish out the season or would he have been released that same day?
There response was well that it’s a different Situation but yes that would be up to the coaches to decide.
Nice to see the double standard.....great lesson in life for the children don’t you thank..
Again thanks for all the support I am going to go online tonight and show my child this form so that he can see all the support from people, that should but a smile on his face it has me.... :)
Chris, man...I've got to give you credit you're much more in control than I would be. Continue down the path you're on, and as far as the "what do you want done"..immediate removal from coaching, along with no coaching next year... hopefully that will work out for you. On the other hand, pure f'n public humiliation in front of the staff, along with a "if you open you f'n mouth, I'll stick fist down your throat" should get his attention.. Good luck, and tell Jimmy I said hi...

little rowe boat
10-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Boat Loan guy...
I am soo pissed hearign about this crap... I have had "administrative issues" with my childs school. Here is what I would do...
1. Take a few moments to kick something and just get it out of your system. While the coach would be a good object to kick, you wouldn't want the results.
2. Immediately write a letter to the superintendant of schools in your area. The school board wont do crap, the superintendant does. Copy the coach, principal and whomever else. Be clear concise and to the point.
3. Anyone that agrees with you that may have witnessed it, get a statement written down on paper and signed.
4. After sending in the letter of demand, then take to the next level.
The principal will usually stick by their co-workers, unless there is enough heat. You need to make sure you keep the heat on.
Good luck.
The above is great advice.
Be very persistant,don't let up until you get the outcome YOU are looking for.The last thing the coach wants to do is eat crow in front of the entire team.

switchin'addiction
10-29-2004, 01:34 PM
Typical HS or Jr. High football coach. They all think they're Mike Holmgren or Bill Parcells with their visors and headsets screaming at a bunch of 14 year old kids. I'd make the guy apologize to your son and get a formal meeting with the principal and the coach to make sure they understand how pissed off you are. Right now they are avoiding you hoping you'll just go away. The coach knows that if you get a meeting with the principal that it willl get noted on his record...
Exactly & I would insist on that meeting & put that SOB in his place. IMO someone that works with, coaches, or teaches kids should never one time degrade or embarass any of them. If they do, it should be a one strike rule......sorry, that comment cost you your job dickhead.

THOR
10-29-2004, 01:51 PM
BLG,
You are a cooler man than I. Here is what needs to be done.
Absolutely, 100%, file an official complaint so it is on record in case this idiot does this same thing again.
Demand action be taken. If not, then your only recourse is through chain of command demanding everyone, including the superintendant and principal, be reprimanded. They wont like that one bit. The super, AD and principal wont like to do this.
Tell your son he did nothing wrong.
BTW, I would have freaked out if my daughter came to me crying after someone said that to her. Way to keep a cool head.

OC-PARTYCAT
10-29-2004, 02:13 PM
This coach needs his ass fuccin kicked. You should praise your son for catching the ball. If you make the coach appoligize..they will all think he is a puss. Time will heal him along with your praise and support.
In the mean time... YOU need to go kick this guy right in the fuccin teeth. You need to play some mental games with him that will set him off to ...maybe push you or lunge at you and you have a green light to kick the shit out of him. I would do all of this without my son knowing about it. " Oh officer I dont know what happened...he started attacking me, and he fell on shoe 15 fuccin times and knock all of his teeth out".
What a shame. Jesus...shit like this just pisses me off..can you tell?

DryHeatOnly
10-29-2004, 03:14 PM
BLG - You sure showed a lot of restraint. I don't think I would have.
How old is your son? Are we talkin' High School ball? What grade or level? Frosh/Soph, JV, Varsity? Does your son want to play next year and beyond? Like it or not, the coaches are going to make it difficult for him (maybe even unfairly). Hopefully your son can move up to another level with a different coaching staff and get a fresh start. Maybe this situation can drive him to become a better player? This is a good way to show him that there are real assholes out there just ready to f uck with you. Good luck.
Hey Keyes...ever heard of capitalizing the first letter in a sentence? Try it sometimes ;) :D

PHX ATC
10-29-2004, 03:22 PM
BLG -
First piece of humble advice if you don't write it down, it never happened! Write down what happened, when, where, and with whom. Write the principal a letter stating what happened, what you saw, what your conversation with the coach(es) consisted of, and what your conversations with the principal so far have been. Fax that letter to the principal and a copy to the superintendant. Hell, one to the athletic director as well.
Be assertive and strong. Don't use abusive language, but stick to your points. Explain why you think it was inappropriate and uncalled for. I'm sure the school has a website with their "points of light" and some fluff and stuff feel good self-imposed and mandated bullshit about how they value their scholastic sports program and how they'll do this and that. Take that political rhetoric and use it against them. :220v: Ask them why they can't even stand up to their own goals and ideals.
I've been down that road twice (and my daughter is only in the second grade :2purples: ) and it takes perseverance and a wee bit of agression. Follow it through.
Phone calls don't mean diddly.
For humor's sake, this is my take on the school systems of today: deny it, spin it, ignore it, then do nothing.

MagicMtnDan
10-29-2004, 05:03 PM
I feel sorry for your kid but I'm happy to see you two have a great relationship. I think what you're doing is terrific and I recommend you see it through - follow up on this to the end to make your point.
Those who coach kids must be focused on dealing with fundamentals and teaching the kids skills as well as motivating them and helping them boost their performance. Coaches must communicate effectively with their young athletes and provide encouragement without pushing them too hard. Above all else they need to be role models and foster good sportsmanship. It's NOT about winning.
Also, do some research online and print out some coaching guidelines that you can use to explain how the coaches should be acting and leading the kids and use others' words to help you make your points.
Here are some examples I found online:
http://www.bcminorbaseball.org/top_ten_tips_for_coaching_kids_i.htm
http://www.sportsparenting.org/csp/csp_wolff.html
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0675/is_4_19/ai_76693618
http://media.wiley.com/product_data/coverImage/73/07645519/0764551973.jpg

mike37
10-29-2004, 05:11 PM
don't back down keep the heat on don't tack the we will take care of it BS from the principle
my son had a problem with a teacher a lot of these ass wipes think they cant get fired but surprise yes they can

H20bug
10-29-2004, 05:25 PM
My two cents..!!!
I totally agree with magic mountain dan.... youth sports are way out of control!!!... It's all about having fun, building social skills & working as a team!!! People like that(the coach) sound like the typical "little league Parents" they think their kid is going to be the next superstar of the chosen sport. I applaud you for dealing with this in such a professional manner!!!! I dont think I would have reacted quite as well,as I have a extremely low tolerance for @#@#holes!!!!!!. no matter who they are. !!!!!! you sound like a very caring and concerned father. I'm sure you're son will be proud to call you Dad!!

roostwear
10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
A little advice for a slightly different tact. Writing letters is fine, but they can be killed by commitee, buried, etc. What CAN'T be buried is a request by a parent to the SCHOOL or DISTRICT PSYCHOLOGIST. School administration will not tell you the power the psychologist's wield, but trust me, if you do this (and mention you are having a private psychologist talk with your son), all SORTS of things will start in motion. :D

Kilrtoy
10-29-2004, 06:00 PM
All great advice, sorry to hear that. but like someone said your son was shown an even more important lesson.
That lesson was how you handled yourself in a very touchy personal situation and from this he will benefit more than this dumb ass teacher ever could helped him.....

JDK
10-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Here's a link that defines the difference between abuse and harrasment in kids sports (Hockey Canada's information). Hopefully you can use some of the info. in it to make your formal complaint about "emotional abuse" very specific.http://www.hockeycanada.ca/e/develop/speakout/policies.html#1.d.1
BTW: I coach kid's hockey, and if I had seen one of my guys or an opponent's coach do that to a kid.... he'd be leaving the rink with a size 12 boot in his ass. What happened to your youg guy really doesn't say much about the rest of the coaches on this team.

Scream
10-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Boat Loan Guy, The Head Coach should have been a stand up guy. Coaches are mentors and need to be above the frey and more in control of thier subordinates and players.
His response to you was reprehensible and needs to be brought to the attention of the principle asap. Do not let an hour go by without calling the schools principle for a meeting, making sure to have the athletic director and the bozo coach in on the ass chewing from the get go. control the meeting and lay your requirements out on the table and don't take no for an answer. The school principle is not the final word either, so don't stop there.
We are all sick and tired of "Politically Correct" touchy feely, feel good, atta boys all the time, but give a man his due. The coach needs to be dressed down and put in his place, and the sooner the better. Your son needs some satisifaction too.
This kinda crap really chaps my hide, give em hell...
Scream

Krazy K
10-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Hey Boat Loan Guy~~~~
I hope you ended up taking your young man out for a celebration anyway!! He certainly deserves it!!

mmered8299
10-30-2004, 06:50 AM
That a-hole of a coach is luckey he is not coaching in the midwest. The fans and parents live for highschool football. If your team loses, they hang the coach up with a 13 looped rope. Trash your car and house. Sounds like this guy in Corona got off lucky.

Tow Guy
10-30-2004, 09:29 PM
BoatLoan :
1st Tell your Son Great Way To Play The Game And Do Not Give Up!!!!
2nd Pat Yourself On The Back For Being A Stand Up Guy!!!!!!
3rd Talk To The Other Parents Of The Players On The Team And Get Theyre Opinion(s) On Paper And Go To The School Board With All You And Your Son Know In Writing.....Then Call The Local News-Paper.......
And Keep The Heat And Comments Rolling In.
I Have A 7 Year Old Daughter Who Plays Soccer (Very Well I Might Ad)
Her Coach Told Her Not To Dribble The Ball And Score, He Wanted Her To Take The Ball Away And Pass It.......
I Was Pissed...
After The Forementioned Actions The Coach Resigned....
Good Luck.....T.G.

Performance 19
10-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Wally Gator was right on with this. This guy should be FIRED so he does not have the opportunity to do this to another child. Good job and follow it thru. Jim ps post where his next game is and when and we will come cheer for him.

Norseman
10-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Make sure you file a written complaint with his school, the school superintendant, head coach, and the schools athletic director.
If it were my son, I would do exactly what your doing and make sure it went to a higher level. The coach shouldn't be teaching sports to kids. Team sports are supposed to build confidence and self esteem, not take it away.
Good luck, and I hope they kick the SOB out of any further coaching positions!!!!!!
Bob

Misogynist
10-30-2004, 10:48 PM
I heard this saying years ago... and it explained all of the actions I endured in my youth by sports coaches.... Those that can...... do.......... those that can't......... teach.......... and those that can't teach.......... coach... :devil:
Most coaches are frustrated ex-athletes that never had their day in the sun... so they take out their frustrations on their players. They want to vicariously live the accomplishments of their players... and when it doesn't always happen... they are unhappy S.O.Bs. I know of one H.S. coach I would love to run into 30 years after the fact and tag him one in the mouth.... :sqeyes:

CrazyHippy
10-30-2004, 11:42 PM
This has been touched on, but...
It really doesn't matter how this makes you feel, or what you want... What matters is what your son wants. Does he want the appology that you keep asking for? Or does he just want to forget it ever happened and move on?
Dont let your personal vendetta harm him anymore than he already is.
BJH :smile:
BTW... I would have kicked his ass :lightsabe , and would be in Jail right now :( , Good work keeping cool. :cool: