PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam, anyone used it ?

Hallett19
10-29-2004, 11:41 AM
I used seafoam in my V8 Exploder lastnight. I ran it while the motor was warm, pulled off the brake booster hose and filled a small bowl with a little less than half a bottle of seafoam. I sucked it in at the rate of about a teaspoon every 10 seconds. After all the juice was sucked up, I turned it off and let it sit. I came back 5 min later just like the directions explained and turned the car back on. Waiting for a mass of smoke to pour out of the tail pipe, I stand back to watch the show. After about 2 min of standing in the cold, I feel a little dissapointed. After about 5 min, I'm thinking there will be no show. So after running about 10 min and no smoke, I have to leave to go to knotts scary farm. I notice the car has a lot more response and accelerates like a bat out of hell !! Just curious though, why didnt I get any smoke ? I put the rest of the bottle in my 3/4 tank to use as an injector cleaner, apparently this stuff is magic, so I will keep using it if it works. Has someone ever used it and not got smoke ? used it and had no results ? my motor has about 80k on it, so I'm sure there was some build up in there, but I'm thinking it might not have cleaned it !

NastyOne
10-29-2004, 11:44 AM
Couldn't tell ya but I have about 90k on my 01 Sierra and want to try that stuff. Where can I get it?

Hallett19
10-29-2004, 11:53 AM
It is available at Napa. seafoam (http://www.seafoamsales.com) and there is instructions on where to buy it

HYPNAUTIC
10-29-2004, 12:34 PM
when you use an injection cleaner or fuel system cleaner the smoke is typically the result of to much cleaner in the combustion chamber. best results are when you get a bad smell (rotten eggs). i've used many for my cars everything from STP, justice bros, runrite etc... hope your not planning to have your car smoged this week.

100mbs
10-29-2004, 12:59 PM
I use this stuff to clean the injectors and intake. They seem to work pretty well.
B-12 CHEMTOOL Spray.
B-12 CHEMTOOL POURIN

switchin'addiction
10-29-2004, 01:38 PM
It is awesome shit. I thought the same thing the first time I used it, then one of the "old timers" said leave it in for longer than 5 minutes, which I did, and then there was the smoke. I use it on all of my vehicles. You can put it in the crankcase, gas tank, or run it through a vacuum line. Works great everywhere, or at least it has for me.

dave186
10-29-2004, 02:22 PM
have you been on the ford truck forums? seems like everyone over there has tried it, so I had to as well. it worked great in my truck, smoothed the idle a bit. the way i did it was poured it in slow then poured in a bunch and stalled it out and let it sit for a while. when i started it back up it ran rough for a while then when it worked it out i took it for a drive and the smoke was flying for about a 1/4 mile. we also used it in my friends moms jeep, she was complaining that it was pinging and she was even running premium, we ran a can of seafoam through the TB then put one in the tank. instantly cured the pinging. then we did a basic tune up on it and wow, the thing is like new.

switchin'addiction
10-30-2004, 09:45 PM
have you been on the ford truck forums?
Well, this (http://www.fullsizebronco.com) is the Bronco forum that I visit from time to time where I heard about Sea Foam.