PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell Levels

Mardonzi
10-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Well, this is a good sign,, Lake Powell levels are only down 3" from a month and a half ago. With all the rain that has been coming down, the level has actually gone up a few times!!! :smile: :D
Here's the BOR site http://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/rsvrs/ops/crsp_40_gc.html

MsDrmr
10-29-2004, 12:05 PM
thats wonderful news, you guys need it out there.

AzLakeLizard
10-29-2004, 12:20 PM
ya, i sold my houseboat timeshare this past summer and missed the first trip in 10 years. (because of the water levels). looking forward to getting back into another timeshare when the water gets up. not a big fan of getting beat to s hit going thru the "narrows" with the 75', two ski-boats and twelve liquidized people. do really miss it though :cry: - keyes
Understand not wanting to be beaten to sh*t out there.. but if you leave early enough in the am.. or time the days you can sneak past the bad part of it.. took a 59' out in October and towed a couple of boats .. wasn't too bad (except on the way back the tow rope some how broke.. oops.. what is out there floating behind us???)

AzLakeLizard
10-29-2004, 02:02 PM
that's funny, that has happened to us at least once a trip, especially when the tour boats come by. one of our ski boats left us and we weren't focused at all and it was to much to turn the big rig around to retrieve it, so some of my brain surgeon boat mates, did the mitch buhcanan (baywatch) lifeguard dive off the top to save the boat while we were still running. needless to say the h2o 50 saw us and had a nice lil safety chat w/ us. no tickets but, "come on guys". funny stuff. now i am really missing powell, who put this thread up anyways ? - keyes
My Hubby posted the original info! We live in Page AZ.. just minutes away from being on the lake. :rollside:

RiverOtter
10-29-2004, 02:08 PM
I here Lake Powell is deep :D

AzLakeLizard
10-29-2004, 02:14 PM
:jawdrop: who let the secret out?...lol
We just launched the 48' Tolley last week at the Wahweap Ramp and we are going out this weekend for a Halloween party. I will be able to post some pics of the Lake and ramp after that!
Have a great weekend! :D

DEEZ NUTTS
10-29-2004, 02:24 PM
This was the best/fun summer of all out of the last 7 in a row for us. High water or low water Powell is worth it.

Misogynist
10-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah... in the main channel it's deeeeeeeeeeep.... hundreds of feet deep... especially down near the dam.

Powerquestboy
10-29-2004, 02:46 PM
This was the best/fun summer of all out of the last 7 in a row for us. High water or low water Powell is worth it.
Well said, The low water has scared soo many people away but the fact is that there is still more water in that lake then 90% of the other lakes on the west coast. There is actually more places to camp and coves to explore. You just have to watch out for the rocks popping up everywhere! We try to head up lake when before things get ugly in the channel and we stay up lake all weekend.