PDA

View Full Version : I was almost asleep when suddenly ...

FMluvswater
10-30-2004, 04:28 AM
the phone rang. :notam: The ex telling me my son is ill. :( He was supposed to be having a birthday party later today but instead his Dad is gonna take him in to emerg. cuz he has a high fever and is having trouble breathing. Kiddo said hi to me on the phone and could barely talk sounds like strep to me but not being a doctor I encouraged the ex to go ahead and take him in. I've decided I don't like it when my child is sick. :( So I'm up and I'm tired but no way can I sleep til I get a phonecall again telling me what's going on for sure. I feel bad for my little boy not just cuz being sick sucks but because he'll likely miss out on Halloween and his party is being postponed as well. He'll be 8 years old on Nov. 1st. Already. My own birthday doesn't make me feel any older or wiser but his makes me feel older and even less knowledgeable. :) He's an otherwise healthy kid I'm sure he'll be well again pretty quick - I just don't like him being sick at all.

JetBoatRich
10-30-2004, 04:32 AM
I feel for you FM, it sucks when the kids are sick :mad: hopefully it is not serious enough to cancel the party, take care

RiverOtter
10-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Sorry to here about the little one FM. Kids usually bounce back fast. ;)

FMluvswater
10-30-2004, 04:38 AM
I feel for you FM, it sucks when the kids are sick :mad: hopefully it is not serious enough to cancel the party, take care
We're gonna reschedule his party for mid month to give him time to get well. :)
Thanks JBR. I appreciate your good thoughts.

shadow
10-30-2004, 04:40 AM
Ditto!

FMluvswater
10-30-2004, 04:41 AM
With a lil :clover: and a lot of TLC and likely medicine too ... I'm sure he will. Thanks for the reassurance just the same RO and shadow - it's more convincing coming from someone else than just from my own thoughts. :)

RiverKitty
10-30-2004, 06:02 AM
Mornin' FM!
I hope your little one feels better soon.
I'm sending him lots of cyber hugs n kisses.
Cheers ~RK xoxoxo

FMluvswater
10-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Thanks RK, I'll be sure to forward those to him :) He'll likely be better in 5 to 7 days. Turns out my boy has laryngitis not strep. Party guests will be informed of what he has but the party is going on today as planned. Now I can go to sleep.
Hopefully. :) :sleeping: Have a good weekend folks. :)

KACHINA KEN
10-30-2004, 08:08 AM
Sorry sweetie, He'll be fine. It's just that time of year, we're all getting a little something right now it seems. ;)

Windy
10-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Hope the little guy is feelen better this morning.

Kilrtoy
10-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Hope all is well FM, not a good day to be sick. I was really sick this year for 3 days all over my B-day weekend. I feel for the little guy

a catered life
10-30-2004, 09:43 AM
FM my prayers go out to you and yours i understand how you are feeling i got 4 myself and can't do anything when their sick or away from me. everything will be ok

Mrs.Racer277
10-30-2004, 09:46 AM
I am so glad to hear it was nothing serious. It's that time of year.
Glad to hear he still gets to have his party.

FMluvswater
10-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Thank you KACHINA KEN, MissHBjet, Kilr, a catered life, and Mrs.Racer277. It's nice to know this stuff is just par for the course. My kiddo is "almost" 8. He's my only kid. I'm still a new mom - never experienced my kid being this age before. :D Thanks for the reassurances. :) Hopefully he will enjoy his party despite being a lil under the weather. :)

Rexone
10-30-2004, 11:33 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/732happybirthday.gif
To your kiddo FM :smile:

topless
10-30-2004, 11:38 AM
FM, my kids are 12 and 14. You will be surprised how quickly they recover. Mine act almost dead until school is over and then a miricle happens and they are suddenly well!!! :supp:

IN2-IN2MX
10-30-2004, 11:44 AM
Awww...sorry to hear about that FM! But just like everyone else said...he'll bounce right back. When he sees all his friends and all the candy and fun his spirits will be high again. Have fun and Happy Birthday to your little guy.

Debbolas
10-30-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry......there is nothing worse than your kid being sick.
Hope he feels better soon!
Deb :p

DansBlown73Nordic
10-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Hope he is feeling better FM. Just be glad he didn't have Hooping Cough....(SP)?
That is going around here like crazy.... :(

FMluvswater
10-30-2004, 10:51 PM
Awww! Thanks you guys! :D I am so gonna show him this thread next time he is over! :cool: His party went fine. He seemed maybe a lil low key but he did have fun. He and two boys that came to the party were battling bey blades most of the time! :D He hauled for gifts and money - all really great stuff. :cool: His little friend Karla made him a birthday card and sent him a gift certicificate for Toys R Us. She didn't come to the party though cuz of his laryngitis. Oh yeah and my kiddo requested no birthday cake this year :eek: nope he wanted pumpkin pie and lemon meringue pie to be served instead and he of course got just what he wanted! :D
His grandma had these mini pumpkin tarts all around outside of p-pie and one in the center with the number 8 on it. This was removed and the pie was moved away so kiddo could blow out the candle without contaminating the pie! LOL!
It was almost painful for MY throat :wink: hearing him say his thank-yous for everybody coming to the party and his gifts and cards. He really sounds horrid! :squiggle: He was in very good spirits today. :cool:
Thanks again everybody for your kind comments. :)

Sleek-Jet
10-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear your son is doing well enough to have his party. Sounds like he did pretty well too. :D
I got a broken wrist for my 5th birthday, so I know how he feels.

FMluvswater
10-31-2004, 12:58 AM
Glad to hear your son is doing well enough to have his party. Sounds like he did pretty well too. :D
I got a broken wrist for my 5th birthday, so I know how he feels.
Thanks Sleek-Jet. I was pretty relieved to see him in such great spirits and other than his voice pretty much like he usually is. He was laughing a lot. :D He's pretty much embraced the whole resting his voice thing cuz he gets to use hand gestures and make us guess what he's trying to say! He laughs at us a lil bit I think. :squiggle: The faces he was making opening his gifts were freaking priceless! :D He might give Mr. Jim Carey a run for his money someday! :D God I love that kid! I think even if he wasn't mine I'd enjoy him. :)
When I first got to his party, I asked him if he was feeling any better than last night and he informed me quite matter of factly in his frog-croak voice that he would be all better in 3 maybe 4 days! He's pretty strong-willed (uhh no idea where he gets it ) if he says he'll be all better by then - I expect he will be! :D
It's nice having people to share this stuff with. Thanks again all. :)