PDA

View Full Version : Let's make a difference, and bring our dreams to reality

jdnichols
10-30-2004, 11:37 AM
Sit back, close your eyes a minute and conceive a new boating destination on Lake Havasu.
http://www.highport.com/photogallery/070404/facilities/images/DSC02467.jpg
New launch ramps and large docks to handle all the great boats coming out to play.
http://www.highport.com/photogallery/Fontain_Poker/images/039.jpg
Covered rental slips and guest slips in a new marina that welcome our visitors and make them feel special!
http://www.highport.com/photogallery/bgpr/images/Courtesy%20Dock.jpg
How about some new restaurants and night spots and throw in an air conditioned amphitheater for some cool musical groups to come to.
http://www.highport.com/photogallery/texas-music2/images/022.jpg
Areas for the boaters to park and hang out, relieving the pressure on the channel and sandbar.
http://www.highport.com/photogallery/texas-music2/images/003.jpg
How about facilities for promoters to put on events larger and more exciting, which rival anything in the country.
For any of our dreams to come true, we must move our Arizona Lakes planning and development into the 21st century! Stop the stranglehold bureaucratic federal agencies have had on our public lands. They have not been planning and controlling development of our resources, but stopping ideas of any new facilities for our public use! The new condos along the channel are nice, but only for a few people. We need new public facilities to handle the amount of people stressing current resources.
So how can we bring our dreams to reality? Get involved and support the efforts a few of our fellow boaters put fourth to make a difference! You have seen the legal fund postings asking for help in combating the current marina practices, soon you will see new organizations asking for your help. Keep and eye on our efforts, over the winter months, we are committed to gathering signatures on petitions to create the power needed to make agencies listen.
You can make a difference right now! Next Tuesday is our national and local elections. Make sure you vote for people with our interests at heart. I can tell you one who has been very frustrated with the BLM’s lack of concern for our needs. He is Trent Franks, US Congressman from Arizona’s second district. For those of you in his area, please vote for him, I have seen evidence of his activities for the past six months in bring State and Federal agencies together to listen to what we want. Let’s continue this work.
See you on the water!
Jim Nichols
VP Arizona Hot Boat Association

jdnichols
10-31-2004, 08:17 PM
Okay Halloween is over, back to boatin stuff :idea:

Debbolas
10-31-2004, 08:22 PM
It's still Halloween for 3 hours and 40 minutes :D

Havasu Hangin'
10-31-2004, 08:26 PM
You know...the funny thing is that Hot Boat just put McCulloch into the Hall of Fame for bringing performance boating to LHC. His vision has obviously led to a couple manufacurers setting up shop out there, as well as multiple hot rod boating shops.
Yet the Marina takes it upon itself to try and push back the clock 10 years. Either the city can embrace who it is and what it's natural resources can reap, or it is gonna be left by the wayside.

Dusty Times
10-31-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm in that area and plan on voting for Trent Franks.
Look foward to some good changes.

That Guy
11-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Jim, nicely stated. EVERYONE needs to get involved and make a difference. Lets continue to fight for what is right and stick together as a force to be reckoned with... :rollside:

jdnichols
11-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks Steve,
I'll be in Havasu this weekend for the Charity Poker Run and to meet with Debra Brimhall (our lobbiest) Also is my Son and Daughter in law's first wedding anniversary today, so we're celebrating in Havasu this weekend!

bigd1
11-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Ain't Texoma Great?!?!

That Guy
11-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks Steve,
I'll be in Havasu this weekend for the Charity Poker Run and to meet with Debra Brimhall (our lobbiest) Also is my Son and Daughter in law's first wedding anniversary today, so we're celebrating in Havasu this weekend!
I'm still lobbying Mrs. Sbark1 to hit the poker run this weekend but it appears that I have used up my limit of "but I really need to go to the lake this weekend" passes....lol. Have fun and lets really work on pulling this together for all of us that love boating....

LHC30Victory
11-01-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm still lobbying Mrs. Sbark1 to hit the poker run this weekend but it appears that I have used up my limit of "but I really need to go to the lake this weekend" passes....lol. Have fun and lets really work on pulling this together for all of us that love boating....
Hey Sbark - we will be out for the poker run. Tell the Mrs that its my wifes b/day AND my dad's (its true) who is coming with us. Tell her we need all the hot boaters to help celebrate and show them all a good time. :D :D

Essex502
11-02-2004, 07:06 AM
It sure would be nice to get a nice facility to replace the Lake Havasu Marina and their noise and length nazis. We will also be in LHC this weekend though not participating in the Poker Run.

jdnichols
11-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Ain't Texoma Great?!?!
Yep, and those Texas boys know how to party! We were there twice in 2003. It's a great place to boat.

Stealth Marine
11-02-2004, 10:08 AM
See you on the water!
Jim Nichols
VP Arizona Hot Boat Association
I sure hope everyone made it out to the polls today.
There is NO surer way of seeing it get WORSE than to sit back and NOT vote.
A new city council here in Havasu could have a HUGE impact on the future of boating on this lake of ours....