PDA

View Full Version : Boat storage security. Would you have any interest??

WetWillie
10-31-2004, 07:19 AM
My company does CCTV camera systems and some of the newer technologies cameras and DVR's got me thinking. I hate the fact that my boat sits out at Havasu and I have not idea if its truley safe until I get there on my next trip. Do you think there would be any interest in a system like this? Small camera in your storage spot. Camera can be set up so you can log in from any pc and just view your spot and check your boat at any time. But it can also be set up to moniter thru Pixel changes. ANY changes in the picture can be set up to send an email to you or contact a central station to contact you.
Of course you would need a few people to sign up at one site to offset the DVR and data curcuit costs but I was just wondering if anyone would have any interest in it?
I dont know how much theft happens out at Havasu but my thought was if I could pay $40 or $50 a month to know
my boat is safe I would do it..
WW

THOR
10-31-2004, 07:23 AM
Darn right it sounds like a good idea.

cc322
10-31-2004, 07:33 AM
Excellent idea imo

beach gomer
10-31-2004, 07:57 AM
How do you work for,or what company do you own?

beach gomer
10-31-2004, 07:59 AM
Boy I need to read before I send. Who do you work for or what company do you own?

WetWillie
10-31-2004, 08:04 AM
I own a company called TekWorks. In San Diego. We do Pelco and Samsung systems. Are you in the industry?
WW

TheEduKATor
10-31-2004, 09:46 AM
WW,
My cousin used to own a sports bar and had cctv security cams that he could monitor from his home PC. On the days he was off he could still monitor the business from home. He actually fired a few employess for giving out freebees and taking money from the cash registers all caught in the act. The video feed was recorded onto the computer's hard drive in continuous loops so no need for video tapes. Now if I could actually find a storage in Havasu, I would definately want something like that installed. If nothing else it will at least give me a little more piece of mind.

phuggit
10-31-2004, 10:29 AM
I think it would be a great idea. Just the other day I was surfing around on the Havasu Marina Web Cam and I thought it would be a great idea if I had something like it to check on my place. Keep us posted.

H20Advantage
10-31-2004, 11:42 AM
I don't have a storage unit in Havasu but would be interested in something like this for my home out there where I also store my boat. Would be nice to sign onto the computer and check on things, especially after some of their big storms.

beach gomer
10-31-2004, 04:58 PM
I work for a distributer called Arrow Wire & Cable all low voltage. All the cables for access cctv security and so on.Comercial and residential.We also data com and fiber.

surfer2001
10-31-2004, 05:12 PM
I pay 110. per month for my 15 X 30 inclosed unit, 45~50 more per month would not interest me, 5 ~ 10 yea, but not 40~50. I'm near Parker Dam, and we have not heard of any problems there.
my two cents.

WetWillie
11-06-2004, 08:43 AM
I have bought from Arrow wire and cable. Kenneth M. who is now at CSC!
I work for a distributer called Arrow Wire & Cable all low voltage. All the cables for access cctv security and so on.Comercial and residential.We also data com and fiber.