PDA

View Full Version : Osama prefers Bush

Bob Noxious
11-01-2004, 09:50 AM
And why shouldn't he? Bush brilliantly (sarcasm) destabilized Iraq, let his most coveted spoils escape, and now we preside over a situation that has been a real boon to Al-Queda recruiting!
I'm just a mutant Mormon, so don't take my word for it.... Here's an article written by someone smart!
OP-ED COLUMNIST
Will Osama Help W.?
By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: October 31, 2004
WASHINGTON — Some people thought the October surprise would be the president producing Osama.
Instead, it was Osama producing yet another video taunting the president and lecturing America.
After bin Laden's pre-election commentary from his anchor desk at a secure, undisclosed location, many TV chatterers and Republicans postulated that the evildoer's campaign intrusion would help the president.
O.B.L., they said, might re-elect W.
They follow the Bush strategists' reasoning that since President Bush rates higher than John Kerry on fighting terror, anytime Americans get rattled about Iraq and Al Qaeda, it's a plus for the president. And Republicans can keep claiming that Al Qaeda wants the "weak" Democrat elected, even as some intelligence experts suggest the terrorists prefer that the belligerent Mr. Bush stay in power because he has been a boon to jihadist recruiting, with his disastrous occupation of Iraq and his true believer, us-versus-them, my-Christian-God's-directing-my-foreign-policy vibe.
The Bushies' campaign pitch follows their usual backward logic: Because we have failed to make you safe, you should re-elect us to make you safer. Because we haven't caught Osama in three years, you need us to catch Osama in the next four years. Because we didn't bother to secure explosives in Iraq, you can count on us to make sure those explosives aren't used against you.
You'd think that seeing Osama looking fit as a fiddle and ready for hate would spark anger at the Bush administration's cynical diversion of the war on Al Qaeda to the war on Saddam. It's absurd that we're mired in Iraq - an invasion the demented vice president praised on Friday for its "brilliance" - while the 9/11 mastermind nonchalantly pops up anytime he wants. For some, it seemed cartoonish, with Osama as Road Runner beeping by Wile E. Bush as Dick Cheney and Rummy run the Acme/Halliburton explosives company - now under F.B.I. investigation for its no-bid contracts on anvils, axle grease (guaranteed slippery) and dehydrated boulders (just add water) .
Osama slouched onto TV bragging about pulling off the 9/11 attacks just after the president strutted onto TV in New Hampshire with 9/11 families, bragging that Al Qaeda leaders know "we are on their trail."
Maybe bin Laden hasn't gotten the word. Maybe W. should get off the trail and get on Osama's tail.
W. was clinging to his inane mantra that if we fight the terrorists over there, we don't have to fight them here, even as bin Laden was back on TV threatening to come here. The president still avoided using Osama's name on Friday, part of the concerted effort to downgrade him and merge him with Iraqi insurgents.
The White House reaction to the disclosures about the vanished explosives in Iraq was typical. Though it's clear the treasures and terrors of Iraq - from viruses to ammunition to artifacts - were being looted and loaded into donkey carts and pickups because we had insufficient troops to secure the country, Bush officials devoted the vast resources of the government to trying to undermine the facts to protect the president.
The Pentagon mobilized to debunk the bunker story with a tortured press conference and a satellite photo of trucks that proved about as much as Colin Powell's prewar drawings of two trailers that were supposed to be mobile biological weapons labs.
Republicans insinuated that it was a plot by foreign internationalists to help the foreigner-loving, internationalist Kerry, a U.N. leak from the camp of Mohamed ElBaradei to hurt the administration that had scorned the U.N. as a weak sister.
In their ruthless determination to put Mr. Bush's political future ahead of our future safety, the White House and House Republicans last week thwarted the enactment of recommendations of the 9/11 commission they never wanted in the first place.
While pretending to be serious about getting a bill on reorganizing intelligence agencies before the election, the White House never forced Congressional Republicans to come to an agreement. So the advice from the panel that spent 19 months studying how the government could shore up intelligence so there wouldn't be another 9/11 may be squandered, even though Dick Cheney's favorite warning to scare voters away from Mr. Kerry is that we might someday face terrorists "in the middle of one of our cities with deadlier weapons than have ever before been used against us," including a nuclear bomb.
Wow. I feel safer. Don't you?

BUSTI
11-01-2004, 10:24 AM
Maureen Dowd is an old liberal hack. Who has been on the wrong side of every major issue in America for the last 35 years!!!!!!
The only person in this world that thinks she is smart is Maureen Dowd! Discounting mutant mormom morons. Do your home work and see if her syndicated column is growing or if circulation is shreeking? Except for this election what this commie has to say isn't even welcomed much by other libs, except for those on CNN and NPR. (for uneducated morons thats short for the communist news network and national palestinian radio)
:hammerhea

Schiada76
11-01-2004, 11:00 AM
You actually quote dowdy moreen as an authority on foreign policy? BBBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH A!!!!!!
How about Walter Cronkite on Larry King saying that Carl Rove is behind the the latest OBL tape to make fairy kerry look bad?

Sleek-Jet
11-01-2004, 11:23 AM
hmmmm... I think I just read something about not voting on emotion (that to is sarcasim)... :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62213
:crossx:

11-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Maureen Dowd smart? She is just another old commie hack that should have died with the Soviet Union. She has blathered on and on about the Bush family for years, personally I think she is just jealous.

Bob Noxious
11-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Maureen Dowd smart? She is just another old commie hack that should have died with the Soviet Union. She has blathered on and on about the Bush family for years, personally I think she is just jealous.
Enlighten me! If Maureen Dowd isn't smart, then why are her op/ed columns printed in major newspapers in every part of the country? I'm betting that she makes a pretty good living by sharing her opinion. Do you get paid for your opinion?

572Daytona
11-01-2004, 01:02 PM
So I guess only targeting the states voting for Bush for future terror attacks is their "reward" then? I guess you guys in California can feel "safer" after tomorrow :rolleyes:
From the New York Post:
November 1, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - Osama bin Laden warned in his October Surprise video that he will be closely monitoring the state-by-state election returns in tomorrow's presidential race — and will spare any state that votes against President Bush from being attacked, according to a new analysis of his statement.
The respected Middle East Media Research Institute, which monitors and translates Arabic media and Internet sites, said initial translations of a key portion of bin Laden's video rant to the American people Friday night missed an ostentatious bid by the Saudi-born terror master to divide American voters and tilt the election towards Democratic challenger John Kerry.
MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."
The statement in question is when bin Laden said on the tape: "Your security is up to you, and any state that does not toy with our security automatically guarantees its own security."
That sentence followed a lengthy passage in the video in which bin Laden launches personal attacks on the president.
Yigal Carmon, president of MEMRI, said bin Laden used the Arabic term "ay-wilaya" to refer to a "state" in that sentence.
That term "specifically refers to an American state, like Tennessee," Carmon said, adding that if bin Laden were referring to a "country" he would have used the Arabic word "dawla."
MEMRI also translated an analysis of bin Laden's statement from the Islamist Web site al-Qal'a, well known for posting al-Qaeda messages, which agreed that bin Laden's use of the word "ay-wilaya" was meant as a "warning to every U.S state separately."
"It means that any U.S. state that will choose to vote for the white thug Bush as president, it means that it chose to fight us and we will consider it an enemy to us, and any state that will vote against Bush, it means that it chose to make peace with us and we will not characterize it as an enemy," the Web site said, according to MEMRI's translation.

bordsmnj
11-01-2004, 03:25 PM
her article has alot of pretty adjectives opinions, and supositions, and mostly here say. "we think bin laden thinks..blahb balh babalah bablhahahblah" run for cover stupid commie bitch. they'll be back here again if her boy has his way.

XtrmWakeborder
11-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Not another one!

11-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Do you get paid for your opinion? No, and neither should she. :sleeping:

MagicMtnDan
11-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Enlighten me! If Maureen Dowd isn't smart, then why are her op/ed columns printed in major newspapers in every part of the country?
Uh, I'm just guessing here but maybe it's because MOST OF THE "MAJOR NEWSPAPERS" ARE BIASED POLITICALLY AND THEIR AGENDA IS TO DEFEAT BUSH (notice I didn't say to help Kerry win - that's not their agenda).
Quoting Maureen Dowd and asking why her columns are "printed in major newspapers in every part of the country" tells me a LOT about you and your knowledge of politics.

Shark In The Pond
11-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Uh, I'm just guessing here but maybe it's because MOST OF THE "MAJOR NEWSPAPERS" ARE BIASED POLITICALLY AND THEIR AGENDA IS TO DEFEAT BUSH (notice I didn't say to help Kerry win - that's not their agenda).
Quoting Maureen Dowd and asking why her columns are "printed in major newspapers in every part of the country" tells me a LOT about you and your knowledge of politics.
Man I had my fingers on the keyboard ready if I got to the bottom of this thread without someone pointing out the SIMPLE answer to your question Bob :hammerhea I was guessing it might me MMD or OGShocker to help you with your question ... you two crack me up in here !

kahanamoko
11-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Uh, I'm just guessing here but maybe it's because [B]MOST OF THE "MAJOR NEWSPAPERS" ARE BIASED POLITICALLY AND THEIR AGENDA IS TO DEFEAT BUSH...
Why don't you take some time to conduct some research on who OWNS NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and the major newspapers in the United States. Names like Rupert Murdoch will come up. Yeah, and he's a major left wing liberal. You think he'd own the damned paper and not have any control whatsoever on the type of articles and slant of the newspaper. Perhaps what we really have here is the fact that right-wing, knee jerk conservatives can't handle the truth when they see it in front of their faces.

Sleek-Jet
11-02-2004, 04:19 PM
LOL, whoever tried to give me a red chicklet for my comment on this thread (I assume it was red, you didn't sign it), it didn't take, looser....
Go post some more and come back when it counts. :D :devil: