PDA

View Full Version : Propers and Sand Bars- Daahhhh Look OUT!

AGGRESSOR JETS
06-19-2002, 09:23 AM
Its like someone took a leak on the fire and put it out.Whats up with this-We keep it up and the propers will go back to there own board. God Knows they need our experience because of them slow running, cant get out of your way, Leg Chopping,Onion Peeler,"Need TOW" Askers, thy are.
We need to sink them and use the holes thy dig for pile-ons or something. Must Go Now -See if any of them have spunk. See Ya Dave.

froggystyle
06-19-2002, 09:36 AM
Winner!
Catagory... Most unique marketing method ever used.

superdave013
06-19-2002, 10:37 AM
I'll bite on that one. At the next National Jet Boat Association race (this weekend) lets see what kind of boat runs the fastest MPH and ET.

AGGRESSOR JETS
06-19-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by superdave013:
I'll bite on that one. At the next National Jet Boat Association race (this weekend) lets see what kind of boat runs the fastest MPH and ET.
Are you Lost-You mean the National Prop Boat Assoc.

superdave013
06-19-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
Originally posted by superdave013:
Are you Lost-You mean the National Prop Boat Assoc.
LOL, that's what is should be called.

AGGRESSOR JETS
06-19-2002, 11:13 AM
Are you Lost-You mean the National Prop Boat Assoc.[/B]
LOL, that's what is should be called.
You know as I do you would not have anything to chase without Jets.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hustler
06-19-2002, 11:37 AM
Now that was funny http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Hustler

RiverDave2
06-19-2002, 12:23 PM
Don't ya mean Pass up?
RD

Jetboatguru
06-19-2002, 01:11 PM
Hey Dave at Aggressor, How about some more fun!!!!!!!!
This boat
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Drag_Boats/jbgtrim.JPG
vs. Jerry Hicks or Any Aggressor driven boat you have out there. It could be a huge V-drive vs. POS I mean jet war. Better yet, Bring your baddest 3 vs our baddest 3 naturally aspirated Flats. Sound like Fun?

1stepcloser
06-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
I feel the need to confess that I dont even own a jetboat, nor do I ever want to. I just managed to land this mediocre job, so, in loyalty to the company, I try my darndest to market them. My personal boat is powered by Mercruiser, and, because I like to be able to maneuver my boat around the gas dock and the marina, I use a Bravo Stern Drive. I am ashamed, but hey, I got bills to pay also. Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
[This message has been edited by 1stepcloser (edited June 19, 2002).]

canuck1
06-19-2002, 05:49 PM
JBG
Can I play too?
You bring your 3 baddest flats to my favorite river http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

AGGRESSOR JETS
06-21-2002, 10:56 AM
Man I see a Lot of Metal going to waste on that Proper- Would be nice to get a hold of it for melt down in our furnace.
NICE Looking- Sorry you will miss the fun of a JET! Are you going to use a Hand Throttle on it too! Dave
PS: All you Propers are invited to the National JET BOAT Assoc. Races this weekend
6/22/02 & 6/23/02 The Jet Boaters will be giving you free wash Jobs after you red light
trying to beat there ETs and they SPRAY you going by. ALL RACERS ENJOY & TAKE CARE this weekend. Hope to see ya there!Dave
[This message has been edited by AGGRESSOR JETS (edited June 21, 2002).]

gnarley
06-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Wildside should be there just having fun (a twin prop boat) I wonder how fast he will be just making some part throttle passes vers any jets on a full pass?

rob d
06-21-2002, 08:57 PM
WHERES THE RACE BEING HELD AT? Originally posted by superdave013:

Kurtis500
06-22-2002, 06:19 PM
Misery loves company.. Thats why all the jet boaters have to create controversy, so they can get thier fellow boaters out to talk about thier problem(of buying a jet) Its ok, sucking gas and going slow is an equal trade for having reverse in a boat. Boy, must be embarrasing to shoot that jet spray way up in the air only to imitate a REAL v-drive hydro on a smokin pass. I've never been in a boat going sooo slow with such a big rooster tail..??.. Man, where can I get one of these? I guess I'll just convert my v-drives over to jets and use the tranny.. anyone done this before?? oops, guess it goes only the other way around.
BTW. All in fun..no one get butt-hurt over this please.. I LOVE ANY KIND OF HOT BOAT!
[This message has been edited by Kurtis500 (edited June 22, 2002).]

LVjetboy
06-23-2002, 04:08 AM
Kurtis500,
We create controversy so you prop guys can take a break from your boring and slow-ass forum to have something interesting to read. Misery seeks consolation?
No we don't use a "tranny" because jets convert horsepower to speed without the $$$, hassle, limitations, or complications of a gear and friction-filled, heavy transmission.
Of course the only v-drive I've raced I beat. So my experience is limited. Didn't even need to hit the bottle. Could've been a fluke I admit. Must've been a v-drive LAkE boat? Similar to my LAKE boat? Or are we comparing RACE boats? My bad, I'm confused and forgetful these days.
Oh, and BTW, I roosted one of those fako jet sprays while I beat him (Lake Mead, shootin' the narrows, headin' SW to Calville Bay. Later we chated at the dock) Nuff said?
The part about converting your v-drive to a jet...good idea. Just dump the tranny. Even better, buy a hull made for a jet, pop in your engine, and FEEL the speed!
All in fun too of course, no big deal, v-drivers don't take it personal, etc. etc. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
jer

Unchained
06-23-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by gnarley:
Wildside should be there just having fun (a twin prop boat) I wonder how fast he will be just making some part throttle passes vers any jets on a full pass?
You're comparing a blown fuel v-drive drag boat to all jet boat's ?
Ok, I,ll take that challenge. First I'll run him at the drag's and he will beat me by 5+ seconds. Then he can run me for 20 miles down this winding narrow river where I boat at. Ok, there might be a few shallow spots and submerged stumps. Then I will beat him by hours because he will never show up at the end.
If we're comparing boats and drives lets at least talk about boats in the same catagory. It seems that the v-drive guys just want to talk drag boats. Well the
v-drive's are the fastest at the drags and that's a fact. But since I don't run the drag's that's not a factor in what boat I would choose to run for recreational use. On this boat forum there are probably only 1 drag racer for every 30+ recreational boaters.
Mark

Lumpy
06-23-2002, 09:37 AM
If you put the same motor in a jet and in a v-drive. The v-drive will be faster. They both have their goods and bads. It is just whatever you prefer. I had a jet boat for 5 years and now own a v-drive. I have a great time no matter what boat I am in. Remember, have fun!!!!! Lumpy

blownschiada
06-23-2002, 10:44 PM
squirt boats are for the guys who,s mommy never bought them a water gun.If you want to feel some real speed step up to the real deal,DONT BE AFRAID JUST NUT IT!!!!

Unchained
06-24-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Lumpy:
If you put the same motor in a jet and in a v-drive. The v-drive will be faster. Lumpy
The guy I bought my 19' Cheyenne jet from went 98 mph at the drags with a 454 nitrous motor in it. He put the same engine in a Sanger flat and went 88 mph at the drags. This is a fact, I seen the boat run.

gnarley
06-24-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by Unchained:
Ok, I,ll take that challenge. Mark
Mark there is no challenge; there must be a creative imagination at work. The remark (a twin prop boat) I wonder how fast he will be just making some part throttle passes vers any jets on a full pass?was in response to other postings like this.
Oh yea, I remember, the prop board is slow and boring, just like a prop boat. LMAO(j/k)propees"
I don't think we want to start a flame war here but to imply that prop boats are boring I felt needed a response to some of the Jet guys who are capping on props. I own a prop & like jets to, but different propulsions are best suited to the needs of the water or owner. If you are prompting some sort of challenge your swimming up the wrong creek. You want to race offshore or in the bay for some distance like 20 miles as you referred to? I bet I could find a prop owner who'd take you up on it! The only time a jet will be faster than a prop is in shallow water or water with debris like you are referring to. Jets are fun cheep thrills but if you really want to step up, a prop is it in most all cases! I wouldn’t call that boring. It's funny I don't remember hearing of Jets in Offshore boats or even in salt water??? I wonder why?
[This message has been edited by gnarley (edited June 24, 2002).]

Jetboatguru
06-24-2002, 08:54 AM
Dave at Aggressor, I am still waiting for an answer to my challenge. We will bring out 3 Comp Flats (470" carbureted, naturally aspirated to Ming) We will race Jerry Hicks on the bottle, Harold Bruce's Blown Gasser and Frank Nagore's Blue Thunder or anyone else you would like to throw at us. This is all in fun and not intended to be malicious. Just a fun way to settle some grudges. So are we on?

Kurtis500
06-24-2002, 06:00 PM
Lvjetboy, That fako rooster tail must have been quite a sight! Was the v-drive boater upset with his equipment after that?
We v-drivers come over to the topless--uh, I mean-- jet boat board to humor ourselves. Here we can play in the sandbox, drop our load, then go back to the pleasant atmosphere of the v-drive forum. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif But good thing they made the jet guys a second place to talk seriously.
Besides making a fast boat slower, the only REAL conversion of a v-drive to jet would be money into gas. On top of all this, v-drive hydros ride with less equipment in the water than a jet. Half a prop, a couple inches of rudder and maybe an inch or two of fin on the sponson. Thats how you fly.
We could talk in categories about the boats, but Wildside is in a category a jet cant achieve. But since there is one Wildside and thousands of jet boats its not really a comparison.
Still, all in fun http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

canuck1
06-24-2002, 08:32 PM
Kurtis500
Check out some white water racing if you want to see a boat fly

jordanpaulk
06-24-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by canuck1:
Kurtis500
Check out some white water racing if you want to see a boat fly
I could be mistaken, but don't they run Jets on those boats?
Jordy

LVjetboy
06-24-2002, 08:39 PM
Kurtis,
he made excuses for hardware, claiming a small block which I believe is true. So not a real race but I liked it anyway http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
I'm with you on the forage thing. I come here to enjoy and post what I like http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif To h*ll with the rest.
Less drag in the water...yep! You got that right!
Copy Wildside. Isn't he top fuel? Jet boats can't achieve? Wait a minute...not so fast. Only a matter of time...and in better style?
jer

Kurtis500
06-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Now this is a boat FLYING!!
http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Raceboat_Arenas/Drag_Boats&image=loosecannon2.JPG&img=&tt=

06-24-2002, 09:18 PM
If a jetboat guy did something like the Loose Cannon did in that picture they would run home crying for their mommy.

liberator21
07-25-2002, 01:46 AM
THERES A GUY IN HOUSTON THAT HAS A TOP FUEL JET, THE BEST PASS IS AROUND 170 MPH, THATS NO WHERE CLOSE TO A PROP. BOAT. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A TOP FUEL JET BEFORE. THATS BECAUSE WHO EVER HAD THEM SOLD THEM ARE CRASHED IT. VERY DANGEROUS BOAT

Jungle Boy
07-25-2002, 05:43 AM
jordanpaulk:
[QB][QUOTE]Originally posted by canuck1
Kurtis500
Check out some white water racing if you want to see a boat flyI could be mistaken, but don't they run Jets on those boats?
Jets are the only thing we do run. I can't imagine running anything else in the water that we run.

Jungle Boy
07-25-2002, 05:48 AM
Floating around in a huge bathtub with a eggbeater hanging off the back of your boat while waiting for the cops to come around and take your beer = GAY. Get a real river boat and go exploring @ 80. Just my thoughts and trying to stir things up before I head home from work today to go boating in skinny water with a tin jetboat. :D

Jungle Boy
07-25-2002, 06:13 AM
058:
If a jetboat guy did something like the Loose Cannon did in that picture they would run home crying for their mommy.Hardly;
eek! www.jetboatracing.com (http://www.jetboatracing.com)

RiverDave2
07-25-2002, 10:48 AM
Jetboatguru:
Dave at Aggressor, I am still waiting for an answer to my challenge. We will bring out 3 Comp Flats (470" carbureted, naturally aspirated to Ming) We will race Jerry Hicks on the bottle, Harold Bruce's Blown Gasser and Frank Nagore's Blue Thunder or anyone else you would like to throw at us. This is all in fun and not intended to be malicious. Just a fun way to settle some grudges. So are we on?I would like to see this.. :)
RD

lghtnin33
07-25-2002, 08:20 PM
Kurtis500 that was an incredible pic man! there IS no possible way a jet can compete with a hydro (you know a prop boat :D ) props are for water and jets are for air.

RR1/ 001
07-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Shoot I can do that....LMAO :) eek!

AGGRESSOR JETS
07-26-2002, 12:41 PM
Jetboatguru:
Hey Dave at Aggressor, How about some more fun!!!!!!!!
This boat
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Raceboat_Arenas/Drag_Boats/jbgtrim.JPG
vs. Jerry Hicks or Any Aggressor driven boat you have out there. It could be a huge V-drive vs. POS I mean jet war. Better yet, Bring your baddest 3 vs our baddest 3 naturally aspirated Flats. Sound like Fun?YOU KNOW I WAKE UP & YOU PROPERS ARE STEALING MY BANNERS OFF MY MOTOR HOME @ NIGHT. WHEN I CATCH YA! YOU SAY YOU MUST HAVE THE BIG DOG FOR YOUR SHOP- WE TOOK THAT AS A COMPLEMENT -ALSO THAT YOU MADE A MISTAKE ON BUYING YOUR PROP BOAT NOW YOU SHOW ME $4,600.00 IN HARDWARE TO TRY AND HELP YOU LAUNCH,
OUT OF THE HOLE. GEEEZ THATS A WIZZER- I LOOK UP DRAG BOAT REVIEW AND I SEE TONY SCARLATA HOLDS IHBA @ 133.34 AND 7.50 NO CAPSULE- AS USUAL TONY'S AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME. NOW MY PROBLEM IS IF A JET RUNS UNDER 7.70 PER CHARLIE FAGEN HE MUST RUN A CAPSULE- TO OFF SET THIS OUR JET GUYS HAVE A SPECIAL UNDERWATER DIVER WHO HOOKS A TOW LINE TO YOU FLAT GUYS, WE TOW YOU GUYS DOWN THE COURSE (AS YOU VERY WELL KNOW -JETS HOLE SHOT YOU BIG TIME) THE DRAG FORCE OF YOUR FLATTIE HOLDS OUR JETS OVER 7.70 SO MR FAGEN IS HAPPY-YOU RUN A GOOD E.T. AND WE DON'T GET SENT HOME FOR 1 YEAR RESTRICTION. NOW WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE!
I KNOW - YOUR PROP SLIP RATES ARE SO HIGH YOU MUST RUN YOUR OWN PRIVATE CLASS, 7.70 DOES NOT APPLY BECAUSE A CAPSULE AND YOUR CAV. PLATE WOULD SINK YOU. YOUR INVESTMENT IS SO HIGH YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO WALK AWAY AND GET A QUICK JET, WHICH IN YOUR HEART, THIS IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT.
NOW! THIS IS TRUE, YOU KNOW IT, & THATS WHY YOU STEAL OUR BIG DOGS BANNERS AT NIGHT. YOU WANT A JET! YOU WANT TO TOW NOT BE TOWED.
GOOD STUFF, HANDLED VERY POLITICAL YET SOMEWHAT TRUTHFUL, AND HOPE I DID NOT P/O ANYONE FOR MY LACK OF PR PROTOCOL OR SOMETHING. YOU GUYS HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND -PROVIDE FREE BEERS TO ALL JET BOATERS- FOR IT IS WRITTEN IN YOUR PROPERS BOOK
(THE ONE YOU KEEP IN YOUR STUFFING BOX WITH ALL THE EXTRA PARTS LEFT OVER AFTER YOU RE-ASSEMBLY YOUR BOATS):
"HE SHALL COME BY THRUST AND YOU SHALL SEE HIS SPRAY FROM FAR. FEAR NOT FOR HE SHALL HOOK YOU AND SAVE YOU FROM YOUR DISTRESS". YOU SHALL PROVIDE HIM WITH BEER AND WOMAN OF GREAT CHEER WHILE YOUR REWARD SHALL BE A SAFE, SMOOTH RIDE. yOU SHALL FURTHER ENJOY FROM THE SITTING POSITION OF YOUR DECK THE GRACE OF YOUR FIRST DESIRE
"A JET"
-DAVE

Kurtis500
07-26-2002, 06:40 PM
Actually, we ran out of toilet paper and your banner was the next best thing.
"HE SHALL COME BY THRUST AND YOU SHALL SEE HIS SPRAY FROM FAR. 'Because it taketh him forever to reach the place the prop got you so quickly'
FEAR NOT FOR HE SHALL HOOK YOU AND SAVE YOU FROM YOUR DISTRESS".'Distress, dehydration, heat exhaustion, all caused by extended periods of time in the sun waiting for that jet boat to arrive'
YOU SHALL PROVIDE HIM WITH BEER AND WOMAN OF GREAT CHEER I thought all jet boaters where women? I'll have a Sharps ready for my rescuer. Cheap beer for a cheap boat (jet)
WHILE YOUR REWARD SHALL BE A SAFE, SMOOTH RIDE Nothing like a slow ride, only possible if theres a pump hangin off the back. Dont forget to stop for fuel before you save me.
yOU SHALL FURTHER ENJOY FROM THE SITTING POSITION OF YOUR DECK THE GRACE OF YOUR FIRST DESIRE
The what..? Pull your head out of the paint can.
I would love to drool over my boat at any chance I get.
BTW, I can appreciate a good sense of humor Dave. wink

AGGRESSOR JETS
07-27-2002, 08:17 AM
BTW, I can appreciate a good sense of humor Dave. wink [/QB]And I Your's my friend- I had a long hard a$$ week- Got some great news on my wife, and thought propers would like some ribbing- Best to your lost TRIBE. Or is that us!
Dave :D

bp
07-27-2002, 08:56 AM
once again, there are a couple clarifications needed.
first, charlie fagan does NOT (repeat, DOES NOT) discriminate between flats and jets. the 7.70 rule applies to both. yes, hangfin has the pgf record below that, just like dan has the bgj record below that. both paid for it through D/Qs; tony probably a little bit more via marie calenders (and if you don't know that story, you'll have to ask tony or jeff). you'll also notice that neither smackdown OR flat nasty are running ihba anymore.
second, jerry hicks runs comp flats all the time in the brackets, without the bottle (illegal in brackets). if you really want to run against jerry when they have the bottle in the boat, just jaunt on over to chowchilla in a week, or ming 9/7, and we'll see what can be done to accomodate ya. sounds like just another young whippersnapper needin' a lesson. GEEZERS RULE! :)

AGGRESSOR JETS
07-27-2002, 10:01 AM
liberator21:
THERES A GUY IN HOUSTON THAT HAS A TOP FUEL JET, THE BEST PASS IS AROUND 170 MPH, THATS NO WHERE CLOSE TO A PROP. BOAT. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A TOP FUEL JET BEFORE. THATS BECAUSE WHO EVER HAD THEM SOLD THEM ARE CRASHED IT. VERY DANGEROUS BOATThats Old School- It was the Hull Design, method of load which caused that. You can not shoe below the keel line and not expect to go crazy - If you do and they did -you will barrel roll, swap endsand god knows what else. Jets acceleration when all is said and done,jets
will always out the prop and thats a fact.
In a Jet when you combine Torque/HP/RPM the water cannot slip off -It is incased and must go for the ride.
A Jet is not torque transfered by prop load as in a Prop which twists everything contact direction
It locks water while still retaining the same frontal type pull as a prop. A jet has a smoother transistion all the way through the ride pull to thrust pressure. (Thrust Pressure-something Propers don't know about)
What Jets were lacking has and is being changed today in both product pump design and hull changes.
Todays builders have learned how to load smooth and hard with very safe hardware. Shoe's are up and in, no below bottom shovel drag is going on now and the hulls are able to Lock & Load.
The "Calif Get Wet & Texas Pitch Out Boats" are
becomming a thing of the past. Don't get me wrong I understand why these boats are ran because of there quickness on lower HP,the driver took a automatic attitude he is going to get wet. It is this group that was the reason Jets did not die in the 80s/mid 90s. I don't think I know a builder today that did not get pitched- But Jets
under these conditions held propers off in many classes.
We are the new kids on the block and things are more in favor for us than you. Engine builders are your worst enemy- Jets need Torque-Look at the stats-60/70s HP to Torque- 250 HP= 160fpt
Today- 250HP 255fpt it favors us. You can't use harsh torque- it make you twist & dig. WE CAN AND WILL! Your Cowboy days are numbered.
As a Old Proper I to Hated Squirters! But now Jets don't squirt like puppy's anymore!
HA,HA all of you have a Great weekend. Dave :D :D :cool:

Kurtis500
07-27-2002, 02:05 PM
4.70 e.t. at 245mph. Once achieved by a jet :rolleyes: I will then feel our days are numbered. And only then, will a jet have strived soo hard to become merely equal to what will then be an old record to prop boats.
I'm no hydraulic engineer, but at a certain point it seems there is going to be soo much water forced out the jet discharge nozzle that friction loss becomes too great a factor. Have you done any work on this friction loss stuff?

FLYTE RISK
07-27-2002, 03:21 PM
Dave whats up stirring the pot again???? Kurtis 500 Amenn my sentiments exactly!!!! Dave as an old propper is a funny statement, get scared in the prop boat???? LOL. Find going slower in a jet boat safer ?????Just having fun.........

AGGRESSOR JETS
08-01-2002, 10:54 AM
FLYTE RISK:
Dave whats up stirring the pot again???? Kurtis 500 Amenn my sentiments exactly!!!! Dave as an old propper is a funny statement, get scared in the prop boat???? LOL. Find going slower in a jet boat safer ?????Just having fun.........Sometimes it takes a proper to see humor- Some of the Jet Guys get real serious. All these questions I keep asking are in fun-Stirring the Pot keeps everyone awake. Man do some get intense! Why Jets! Anytime I get a chance to startup a new Product/Company I LIKE IT!
This one has all the challanges of setting a Mark that will be respected. We are a R & D Jet Company
and have some great talent within.
Jet manufactures allowed there self to get pushed to the back and accepted that.
No One TO Keep You Honest. I did notice when Jets did not challange you guy's -your beards were wearing out your vest from the NOD's & Zees at the holding ropes and your reaction times sucked because you were half asleep!
Today I Love SEEING THE FEAR -when the PROPER see's a Jet take the ROPE next to him.I have even heard you guys call out to your crew-Shit the BIG DOG Squirters are going to run me! Don't you just like looking at the Rainbow we leave.
Now - Question Do YOU Still have all your fingers and toe's- If you do buy you some steel toe water shoes for when you are around your boat -and keep your hands back also.
Take Care Dave

Jetboatguru
08-01-2002, 01:14 PM
Dave, I like your sense of humor. However, I am still trying to set up the Flat vs. jet match races. We will take 3 Comp flats. Flat Nasty, Wet Dream and Smackdown and grudge race any three of your baddest squirters whether they be blown or unblown or on the bottle whatever. I think it would be fun. (well for us anyway) The loser (you) will have to publicly proclaim that you had your ass handed to you by 3 naturally aspirated prop boats. Come on YES or no?
Tony

Eat me & die
08-01-2002, 07:53 PM
:) :D
[ August 02, 2002, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Eat me & die ]

pops1
08-02-2002, 08:56 AM
Jetboatguru:
Dave, I like your sense of humor. However, I am still trying to set up the Flat vs. jet match races. We will take 3 Comp flats. Flat Nasty, Wet Dream and Smackdown and grudge race any three of your baddest squirters whether they be blown or unblown or on the bottle whatever. I think it would be fun. (well for us anyway) The loser (you) will have to publicly proclaim that you had your ass handed to you by 3 naturally aspirated prop boats. Come on YES or no?
TonyTony: How in the Hell do I Pull this off! I don't own any of the sound class
Boats that can show you Guys the big Rainbow -
You don't run Brackets- Help me out- I need something to intice these Guys with. You have a thought on it!
Im told sept-Nov some of the IHBA guys will be running NJBA- Maybe we can Try to intice some- I think maybe Frank might- Can't speak for him - but frank is a gamer maybe he can be talked into it.
Have no contact with Hot Tub- Maybe you could tickle that team into it- or talk to Jack or the Jerry I do not know.
This will need some help! Your every bit more connected than I.
I know Jetters could deal with the outcome in good fun! The Little People (us) go up against the Big Wolf (you)- Its like a movie plot.
Lets Try-
[ August 03, 2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: pops1 ]

pops1
08-02-2002, 12:10 PM
Jetboatguru:
Dave at Aggressor, I am still waiting for an answer to my challenge. We will bring out 3 Comp Flats (470" carbureted, naturally aspirated to Ming) We will race Jerry Hicks on the bottle, Harold Bruce's Blown Gasser and Frank Nagore's Blue Thunder or anyone else you would like to throw at us. This is all in fun and not intended to be malicious. Just a fun way to settle some grudges. So are we on?Tony: SEE ABOVE
[ August 03, 2002, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: pops1 ]

pops1
08-02-2002, 01:02 PM
Kurtis500:
4.70 e.t. at 245mph. Once achieved by a jet :rolleyes: I will then feel our days are numbered. And only then, will a jet have strived soo hard to become merely equal to what will then be an old record to prop boats.
I'm no hydraulic engineer, but at a certain point it seems there is going to be soo much water forced out the jet discharge nozzle that friction loss becomes too great a factor. Have you done any work on this friction loss stuff?Kurtis- I Miss you DUDE- Yes to your discharge question But very small size changes. size. 3.125 to 3.250 say as a basis at 135 pounds pressure at the nozzle output- Thats a lot of water. (bowl pressure at 550 pounds).
A impeller has forward pull just like a prop. Thats the biggest change going on now- Design the impeller to pull harder & longer- Design the bowl to flow with higher flow rates while maintaining water control-This has shown a decrease in bowl pressure at the same time. Our 11 vane is just now starting to be understood by few but back east it is working well. and flows some 58cfm over our 9 which is up 40cfm over the old bowls.
So much attitude change has had to go on- Small impellers high pressures-Now bigger higher flowing impellers (forward motion)and higher flowing bowls with decreased bowl pressure. This allows the pump to vacate quicker putting the demand on the forward motion side of the impeller-More demand. This caused Nozzles systems to be opened up to allow the water to volumn to the choke point. Just like a Shot Gun. Further Proof of this is our Big Mouth Impeller- It loads bigger and harder yet!
Don't get me wrong this is the basis for much higher Torque, which the builders are now starting to exceed 1x1 to HP.
As to Props you guys have 100 years on us- Yet I see no reason to not Out ET you in the end on a measured course. We can not fly loose & never will- We can lock the water into the system and let the pump work more efficient to the motor than a Prop. So there- Just a Kidder!
[ August 02, 2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: pops1 ]

Kurtis500
08-02-2002, 02:56 PM
Question here, Has there been any thought to running two impellers in a series? Fire trucks have pumps which can swith the 2 impellers from a side-by-side position (Parrallel) to a in-line position (Series). The Parrallel set-up will discharge more water by volume at a lower pressure and the series will send less water but at a higher pressure. Maybe counter-rotating impellers?

pops1
08-03-2002, 08:54 AM
Kurtis500:
Question here, Has there been any thought to running two impellers in a series? Fire trucks have pumps which can swith the 2 impellers from a side-by-side position (Parrallel) to a in-line position (Series). The Parrallel set-up will discharge more water by volume at a lower pressure and the series will send less water but at a higher pressure. Maybe counter-rotating impellers?The Fire truck has a completly different impeller- Frontal inlet is the same, However it has long internal vanes exiting 90% which gives the water a longer ride on the impeller- the bowl is much like a rotary lawn mower comming to the exit port. This is a horizontal Pump vs a Vertical Pump Like we use. One of our guys here keeps saying he is going to put a modified horozontal version of this thrust pump into a boat. Some 30+ years ago, he was involved with a tube bowl (series of stacked tubes inside a housing) and it thrusted above water line. It Hauled Buns. I will follow up on your thought- See what that industry is doing-
I think what you are saying is done thru valves and plumbing. We Make for Potter Romer which produces a fire line.- not aware of this shifting impeller design.I have a Question: A Prop is Dia. Cup and Pitch- the 3 eliments- We are playing with the same- It only makes sence to me, that a impeller can outperform a Prop- "Im not jesting here" If a Impeller can deliver the same pull bite(forward motion -Volumn & Pitch) with no yeild loss vs a prop with a yeild loss of something +- & assume you have the Beans in the motor to deliver it at the same RPM it must win.
The prop must always take a set before it can deliver true force.
You will always have a smaller wetted surface, cannot beat flight so you will always out MPH "thats a given", but our constant "G" load should out pull yours and in the end E.T.
I am not speaking of Hull design- Tunnel is the closest we, today can get to a hydro design.
I sure Like & see some future for Jets in a design like Jim Falkerson used. It completly wipes away the lift factor, yet provides a stable platform for big power. Take Care.

Kurtis500
08-03-2002, 11:46 AM
Speaking of Faulkerson, whats the deal with that guy? I have considered his equipment for my boats down the road, but he just quit I guess and now I dont see his stuff being tested? A great idea right at the time its needed most and now its no where to be found???? I like his idea, seen him run at Firebird, but where is his stuff now?

shockwavebd
08-04-2002, 07:01 PM
come on you guys all know jet boats SUCK AND BLOW

LVjetboy
08-05-2002, 02:06 AM
Ok, hull efficiency besides, what's the chances of a jet out-running a prop in 1/4 mile drags?
Pops1, your posts hard to follow, either your knowlege far above mine, or my post reading comprehension limited this time of night, or some combination of the two. Never-the-less I enjoy reading them...so post away!
Kurtis500, I think you nailed it with friction losses on the top end. Although the "channeling effect" of a pump may dominate on the low end?
So my question, which will dominate 1/4 mile tech advances in the future? Unlimited distance, prop every time in my opinion. But limited distance, maybe not since acceleration is a key? And who's put more R&D into design over the last decade...props or pumps? My guess is pump guys are lagging, although just a guess.
jer

Jetboatguru
08-05-2002, 10:19 AM
I am not quite what to make of Pops post either. I am still hoping that he will accept the grudge race challenge. In Chowchilla the comp flats ran in the 7.40's and one gas boat ran in the 7.40's as well. It looked as though the squirters were a little slow in the heat. Come on Aggressor, step up!! Accept the challenge and take your whoopings like a man. :D :D

canuck1
08-05-2002, 10:42 AM
Hey Guru
I'm still up for a run, the river is getting lower and lower

Jetboatguru
08-05-2002, 11:10 AM
Canuck 1, you sit there on the banks of the river until the water has completely dried up. Then give me email and we can set something up. Don't leave the bank until it's time. be patient :cool:

pops1
08-05-2002, 01:05 PM
Jetboatguru:
I am not quite what to make of Pops post either. I am still hoping that he will accept the grudge race challenge. In Chowchilla the comp flats ran in the 7.40's and one gas boat ran in the 7.40's as well. It looked as though the squirters were a little slow in the heat. Come on Aggressor, step up!! Accept the challenge and take your whoopings like a man. :D :D I said you are connected with every Jet Racer out there. I will need you to Help! Sept/Oct NJBA should be a good time. Now Don't lay back on me. Give me a hand to put some of these together. I will do everything I can to do this- I would love to see this and the time for a Annual should start now as you still should have the lead. HELP ME OUT -888-246-5075
Leave that little bottled one home!
Who in Jet Ran 7.40s

pops1
08-05-2002, 01:59 PM
LVjetboy:
Ok, hull efficiency besides, what's the chances of a jet out-running a prop in 1/4 mile drags?
Kurtis500, I think you nailed it with friction losses on the top end. Although the "channeling effect" of a pump may dominate on the low end?
So my question, which will dominate 1/4 mile tech advances in the future? Unlimited distance, prop every time in my opinion. But limited distance, maybe not since acceleration is a key? And who's put more R&D into design over the last decade...props or pumps? My guess is pump guys are lagging, although just a guess.
jerWe are saying the same- Friction loss is true-You Tail walk "Jet can't". You can not pull as hard. Slippage vs enclosed. Prop-to Impeller.
Im not sure where you go after choppers! We see a long development ahead on our side- We took too big a bite this year in tooling to get it all done. I rattle so wake me up when I go on. See Ya
[ August 06, 2002, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: pops1 ]