PDA

View Full Version : Any thought....

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Tequilla John and myself need to get our new boat dialed in with some items.
Ropes, anchor, buoys etc.....In the LA/OC area....anybody that can help us out would be great. Maybe a discount Marine or something ???

Debbolas
11-01-2004, 12:46 PM
uh, Rex Marine?
:D

Tequila-John
11-01-2004, 12:47 PM
uh, Rex Marine?
Where is that located?

Mtg Pro
11-01-2004, 12:50 PM
try West Marine, or go to hotropes.com

RiverDave
11-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Parker Dreamin, do the right thing.. ;)
Hook up that boat, trailer it out to Parker and stop by Spanky's Marine on your way to the launch ramp.. ;)
RD

essexjet
11-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Where is that located?
In La Verne next to the pomona drag strip

Debbolas
11-01-2004, 12:54 PM
I don't know, but he does have a catalog.........your boat manufacturer should set you up with the basic needs....orange life vests, etc..
You need:
Sand Spike
Box Anchor (I know Cobra sells these)
fire extingisher (2) for boats over a certain length
custom ropes from the rope.com place (with your boat name on them) :D
First Aid Kit
Prop Cover - That Jeff Guy
Hats - RiverKitty
Pasties - Bre
Frenzy Products - John

Tequila-John
11-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Hook up that boat, trailer it out to Parker and stop by Spanky's Marine on your way to the launch ramp.. ;)
RD
Can we stop by your Parker river house in parker AZ?

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 01:05 PM
RD
sending you a PM.

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 01:30 PM
I don't know, but he does have a catalog.........your boat manufacturer should set you up with the basic needs....orange life vests, etc..
You need:
Sand Spike
Box Anchor (I know Cobra sells these)
fire extingisher (2) for boats over a certain length
custom ropes from the rope.com place (with your boat name on them) :D
First Aid Kit
Prop Cover - That Jeff Guy
Hats - RiverKitty
Pasties - Bre
Frenzy Products - John
What do you have on your boat as far as lenghts of ropes and fenders etc....

phuggit
11-01-2004, 02:04 PM
The new boat look great, but I hate to tell you there is no such thing as a discount marine store. lol. Bust open that wallet and say "Thank you sir, may I have another."

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 02:27 PM
The new boat look great, but I hate to tell you there is no such thing as a discount marine store. lol. Bust open that wallet and say "Thank you sir, may I have another."
I hear what your saying for sure. Thanks for the kind words on our boat. River Dave says we should head into Spankys in Parker.
Anybody else have any ideas ?

91nordic29
11-01-2004, 02:57 PM
ya, try overton's - either online or their mailing catalog. i got all my swag from them, very reasonable and one-day shipping too. good luck - keyes
overton's.com or ski limiited.com

Desert Rat
11-01-2004, 03:21 PM
B O A T
B rake
O ut
A nother
T housand
The fun is just beginning :D
The bungee cleat ties are a must have for tying up with fellow boaters and at the dock.

little rowe boat
11-01-2004, 04:25 PM
Try OVERTONS,good prices and usually quick delivery.

phebus
11-01-2004, 04:33 PM
I think you need two sizes of fenders. Go big whenever you can, you won't regret it, but there are times in a slip that there just isn't room between the sides of the boat and the slip for the big fenders and you are forced to use smaller diameter one's

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 05:01 PM
I think you need two sizes of fenders. Go big whenever you can, you won't regret it, but there are times in a slip that there just isn't room between the sides of the boat and the slip for the big fenders and you are forced to use smaller diameter one's
Thank you !!!!

bordsmnj
11-01-2004, 06:55 PM
west marine suports the "blue water network" the last i heard so i don't buy anything from them. if yuh can wait the boat show always has good deals on matching rope for docklines bumpers etc. or suport your local guys like john's custom marine or Rex marine or anyother ***boat friendly shop. oh, and don't for get the"box anchor"(not the wedding ring,the other kind) :D

WUTWZAT
11-01-2004, 07:08 PM
Also don't forget the sunscreen, spf 30 to 50 thats waterproof. It might be costly to outfit the boat, but if your missing something you'd probably be willing to pay big bucks to have it when you need it, and you probably will.
You will need....
Box anchor, 4'-8' length of chain,20'(min) length of rope.
Remember when tying off in the river or with a current you need 3 feet of rope for every foot of depth the water is and the freeboard of your boat to anchor sucessfully. Example 12 feet of water plus a foot of freeboard = 13 x 3 = 39 feet of chain & rope minimum.
Don't forget a whistle or airhorn for signaling and some nice vests for yourself.
A gas powered blender would be nice.... Happy boating ;)
Jason

Debbolas
11-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Well, Scream could answer this question better than me..........I know we have purple and blue ropes with our boats name on them and
we have purple and blue fenders.
:D :clover:

HOOTER SLED-
11-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey PD. You know there is a Boater's World on PCH and Crenshaw right??? You can at least get some basics there. Don't forget the boat show is coming up too. Sam's for neoprene vests. Dude, I think they are only like $40. Watch them since the season is over now. They probably drop down to $30. They are OP. NIce vests. I have four. And then I bought some regular ones just to have enough.

boatnam2
11-01-2004, 08:33 PM
we use overtons,spankys also has everything you will need also.

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Hey PD. You know there is a Boater's World on PCH and Crenshaw right??? You can at least get some basics there. Don't forget the boat show is coming up too. Sam's for neoprene vests. Dude, I think they are only like $40. Watch them since the season is over now. They probably drop down to $30. They are OP. NIce vests. I have four. And then I bought some regular ones just to have enough.
I have walked around in Boaters World before... lots of things. I will have to check out Sams Club.. I have not seen anything pop up at Costco. I have a few of the Neoprene ones too... and need a few more...thanks for the heads up.

Debbolas
11-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Scream bought a couple of neophene vests at Costco for $40 each in Spring.....

Mrs CP 19
11-01-2004, 08:48 PM
If you can wait on any of things, last day of the Boat shows (LA, OC, Pomona) the vendors really come down and will make you a deal. Good Luck

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 08:49 PM
If you can wait on any of things, last day of the Boat shows (LA, OC, Pomona) the vendors really come down and will make you a deal. Good Luck
Thanks.... but I dont think we can wait.. taking the boat for its first run in two weeks...