PDA

View Full Version : possessed printer!!!

bunny 166
11-01-2004, 02:59 PM
Anyone know if your printer can get a virus? So far I have about 150 pages of just random numbers, letters, and symbols...I didn't even ask to print anything! There was paper stuck in the feed, and when I pulled it out and it re-set itself it started spewing all kinds of heirogliphics (sp?) What the hell is going on--make it stop!! :mad: :mad:

bunny 166
11-01-2004, 03:02 PM
tried--wont stop!! Maybe I should just throw it out the window?... :mad:

Kim Hanson
Anyone know if your printer can get a virus? So far I have about 150 pages of just random numbers, letters, and symbols...I didn't even ask to print anything! There was paper stuck in the feed, and when I pulled it out and it re-set itself it started spewing all kinds of heirogliphics (sp?) What the hell is going on--make it stop!! :mad: :mad:
I would uninstall and try to reinstall that program, see if that worked....( . )( . )............. :wink:

topless
You are DOOMED

bunny 166
11-01-2004, 03:03 PM
You are DOOMED
Thanx... :cry:

bunny 166
11-01-2004, 03:09 PM
At this point I will just go with Topless on this one...lol
Thanx to you too Tom! :cry: Should I just turn it off and unplug it or will that mess up all kinds of shit??

bunny 166
11-01-2004, 03:11 PM
OK< here goes nothing... :220v: <--- If I dont make it back you know what happened to poor bunny! :hammerhea

waterwitch
11-01-2004, 03:14 PM
A printer can not have a virus. It only does
what the computer tell it to.
You may have a virus that is cause your
problems. Run your virus protector and
see how it goes.
Sincerely
Traci

switchin'addiction
11-01-2004, 03:16 PM
Same thing happend to me, ran my virus scan & it picked up a new virus. Cleaned that out, rebooted & everything was fine.

JustMVG
11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Looks like you need to tell the printer what kind of print .doc .jpg usually when you get the gobbldygoop it's printing the way the computer "sees" the pic or doc. And maybe resize the pics to fit the page, depending on your printer make you should be able to click on the properties tab or custom print tab and go from there.
Hope it works our for ya.
Mike VG
Welcome to the boards

Bad Baja
11-01-2004, 03:28 PM
I vote you throw it out the window, but be sure to take pictures. Kind of like a play by play that would be great!

Racer277
11-01-2004, 03:29 PM
It's a print driver problem (the little program that formats data for your model printer).
A virus may effect it, but more likely it's just a windows issue. Reboot works most often, sometimes you may have to reload (re install) the print driver (from a disk- or update from the internet).
Yes you should turn off the printer, then try to cancel the print job.
You may waste thousands of pages if it's a big print job.

Kim Hanson
11-01-2004, 03:36 PM
It's a print driver problem (the little program that formats data for your model printer).
A virus may effect it, but more likely it's just a windows issue. Reboot works most often, sometimes you may have to reload (re install) the print driver (from a disk- or update from the internet).
Yes you should turn off the printer, then try to cancel the print job.
You may waste thousands of pages if it's a big print job.
What was I saying, same thing...........( . )( . )......... :argue:

bunny 166
11-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Looks like you need to tell the printer what kind of print .doc .jpg usually when you get the gobbldygoop it's printing the way the computer "sees" the pic or doc. And maybe resize the pics to fit the page, depending on your printer make you should be able to click on the properties tab or custom print tab and go from there.
Hope it works our for ya.
Mike VG
Welcome to the boards
Thank you for the welcome!! :D

bunny 166
11-01-2004, 05:02 PM
I vote you throw it out the window, but be sure to take pictures. Kind of like a play by play that would be great!
That would be really funny--If it starts up again...look out!! :rollside: