PDA

View Full Version : noise law enforced in parker

plaster dave
11-01-2004, 07:34 PM
I just thought people might like to check it out.http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62183

Parker Dreamin
11-01-2004, 08:31 PM
I just thought people might like to check it out.http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62183
Thanks for posting that over here.... good to know.

That Guy
11-02-2004, 09:07 AM
That is why it is very important for everyone to get involved with this issue and other issues that affect boaters. I think most of the Parker peeps thought this was a Havasu problem, but what it is really is a boating problem. Read the legal fund and other noise stickies and get involved.

don johnson
11-02-2004, 09:19 AM
I have been pulled over twice this year in my boat and Parker is definately tightening up on inforcing the law. Especially at night. If you have a loud boat out after dark odds are you are getting pulled over. Especially just down river from Roadrunner in front of La Paz!

BADBLOWN572
11-02-2004, 09:32 AM
This has been an issue for the past year. I remember getting stopped around May of this year. For the most part, they are not ticketing boaters who are cool with them. They are just giving a warning and telling them to get off of the water. I only know of a couple people who have gotten tickets and that is because they were dumb. Loose your head and your A$$ will follow.

don johnson
11-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Agreed. However, those that choose to drive at night will be pulled over if they have an illegal boat, gauranteed.
My wife and I sit out on our deck late at night and watch the boats get pulled over in front of La Paz everytime...

plaster dave
11-02-2004, 02:00 PM
I always thought parker was still cool but I guess it's happening everywhere. :confused:

jackpunx
11-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Parker is cool.. Just don’t drive a loud boat at night.. Be safe during the day and get to know the local PD.. If they know you don’t drink and drive.. And your not a dick.. Your pretty much going to be alright.. I have been boating there for a while.. I don’t drive my boat at night.. And I don’t drink.. We get to know the cops and make sure they know that when we are out.. There is a sober driver for sure.. Now they just tell us to keep the music down.. We get more complaints at night for that then anything else..
In the winter.. The snowbirds complain a lot.. But that is true for anywhere.. You cant go to Buena Vista during the dead of winter.. When your the only boat out there and not get kicked off the lake for noise..
During the winter..(in parker) we boat during the day.. (Not to early in the morning) I’m under the impression that it should be ok.. But if not.. I’m pretty sure I'll get a warning instead of a ticket.. This way I can just take the boat off the water.. and go play in the dirt.. :D

phebus
11-02-2004, 02:19 PM
That is why it is very important for everyone to get involved with this issue and other issues that affect boaters. I think most of the Parker peeps thought this was a Havasu problem, but what it is really is a boating problem. Read the legal fund and other noise stickies and get involved.
I didn't think the enforcement of the noise law was an issue. I thought the issue was the arbitrary, and selective way the law was attempting to be enforced. :confused:

That Guy
11-02-2004, 02:32 PM
I didn't think the enforcement of the noise law was an issue. I thought the issue was the arbitrary, and selective way the law was attempting to be enforced. :confused:
It is a combination of both...in Havasu the Marina yahoos are not letting even legal boats launch. By legal, I mean ones that aren't too loud and meet the noise standard. I agree that if you aren't a dick you'll probably be ok when dealing with real LE. However, my fear is if we don't unite and work for the rights of all boaters, we may end up with even more ridiculous and very difficult to enforce laws. Just my .02.