PDA

View Full Version : tunnel ram or single plenum?

bakerjet
11-01-2004, 07:35 PM
:rollside: new to this but here are a couple questions, i'm running a gen v bbc 440 hp, i'm going to put on a new set of aluminum heads as a winter project,which brand is best for my application? i want to keep the single carb. should i run a single plenum or a tunnel ram? i want as much top end as possible with the occasional skeerd skier!

steelcomp
11-01-2004, 07:43 PM
:rollside: new to this but here are a couple questions, i'm running a gen v bbc 440 hp, i'm going to put on a new set of aluminum heads as a winter project,which brand is best for my application? i want to keep the single carb. should i run a single plenum or a tunnel ram? i want as much top end as possible with the occasional skeerd skier!
IMO for the money, you can't beat the Canfield 310cc heads for a jet. If you're staying with a single four I'd go with something like a Victor Jr, or even a Performer RPM air gap.
Competition Products has the best deals on the Canfield heads.
1 800 233 0199 ask for Butch.
What carb and cam are you running? What C/R?

bakerjet
11-01-2004, 08:45 PM
nice to meet you sc! i was thinking more like brodix or dart? i bought the long block from a mercruiser dealer previous owner run it about ten hrs. and yanked it for a 502 i picked it up for $3500 at my door :wink: not sure about cam or ratio but if anyone can help, it is mercruisers 385 hp rated at the prop but i'm pretty sure chevrolet rates this motor at 440 hp.how much hp can an aluminum impeller take? :cool: oh hell, trying to upload some pics. keeps saying the file is to frigen big. try later!! :mad:

bakerjet
11-02-2004, 02:38 PM
ok maybe the pics. are here