PDA

View Full Version : No On 66

Kilrtoy
11-01-2004, 09:55 PM
Remember this is being bankrolled by a father of a shitbag to get him out of jail.
It will also free thousands of shitbags that will jeapodize all of our safety.
NO ON 66

DryHeatOnly
11-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Was it still leading in the polls today?
There was a good commercial on the radio tonight. Giving names of a few rapists and murderers who would be let out if it passed. I can't believe this prop would pass.

Boozer
11-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Remember this is being bankrolled by a father of a shitbag to get him out of jail.
It will also free thousands of shitbags that will jeapodize all of our safety.
NO ON 66
Sh*tbag or not. I personally don't agree with 3 strikes your out in it's current form. There are some people who get nailed for 3 felonies in 1 pop, get life and none were violent. I don't feel that that person deserves life in prison. Not when you've got guys who are getting popped for rape 2 times do 5 years and now they're back on the streets again.

MAINEVENT
11-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Sh*tbag or not. I personally don't agree with 3 strikes your out in it's current form. There are some people who get nailed for 3 felonies in 1 pop, get life and none were violent. I don't feel that that person deserves life in prison. Not when you've got guys who are getting popped for rape 2 times do 5 years and now they're back on the streets again.
I do agree somewhat thats why you have to face your consequence and think b-4 you take some actions and if you dont you have to pay the time just the way it is So i would agree NO on 66 sorry my .02 :D

Kilrtoy
11-01-2004, 10:03 PM
THAT IS NOT TRUE BOOZER.
3 seperate incidents
a bunch of shit in one crime is still one strike.
THAT IS THE LIE THEY ARE TELLING PEOPLE
See you too are fooled by these lies

LHC30Victory
11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Boozer, three felonies in one pop doesn't get a 25 to life term! The felonies that can be counted as a strike are very specific and if not violent in themselves, tend to generate violence. This prop 66 takes too much out of the law and will release too many REALLY BAD PEOPLE!
Take a closer look at the current law and then what this POS propostion is trying to do. Also, follow the money to find where the interest is.

MAINEVENT
11-01-2004, 10:06 PM
THAT IS NOT TRUE BOOZER.
3 seperate incidents
a bunch of shit in one crime is still one strike.
THAT IS THE LIE THEY ARE TELLING PEOPLE
See you too are fooled by these lies
Someone also told me those blue dots on Mrs are tattoos is that a lie also :idea: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Domn8er
11-01-2004, 10:08 PM
Wait a minute...the people who are going to be realeased have already done their time for the crimes they have commited...and be it some of them have commited those crimes over 20 years ago. Why should some one be punished twice?

Boozer
11-01-2004, 10:10 PM
I do agree somewhat thats why you have to face your consequence and think b-4 you take some actions and if you dont you have to pay the time just the way it is So i would agree NO on 66 sorry my .02 :D
Everyones entitled to their own opinion. When you look at from the perspective of a prop that's going to free a bunch of murderers it's definitely not the best thing in the world. But I look at it as a friend of mine a few weeks back got busted for stealing a lawn mower out of the back of a truck. It was his 3rd strike and he's now facing life. His other 2 felonies, Stealing a car when he was 18 and aggrivated assault (I was there when the aggrivated assault went down, his sisters boyfriend beat her up and he broke his jaw)
Do I agree that he deserves time in jail for trying to steal a lawnmower? HELL YES! Do the crime do the time. However, should he spend the rest of his life in jail for it? I don't think so.
One could argue that he knew well in advance that he was on a strike 2 and this would be strike 3 if he got caught it serves him right for being a dumbass and doing what he did knowing if he got caught it was going to be his final straw.
But like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and my opinion is the time doesnt fit the crime.

Domn8er
11-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Everyones entitled to their own opinion. When you look at from the perspective of a prop that's going to free a bunch of murderers it's definitely not the best thing in the world. But I look at it as a friend of mine a few weeks back got busted for stealing a lawn mower out of the back of a truck. It was his 3rd strike and he's now facing life. His other 2 felonies, Stealing a car when he was 18 and aggrivated assault (I was there when the aggrivated assault went down, his sisters boyfriend beat her up and he broke his jaw)
Do I agree that he deserves time in jail for trying to steal a lawnmower? HELL YES! Do the crime do the time. However, should he spend the rest of his life in jail for it? I don't think so.
One could argue that he knew well in advance that he was on a strike 2 and this would be strike 3 if he got caught it serves him right for being a dumbass and doing what he did knowing if he got caught it was going to be his final straw.
But like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and my opinion is the time doesnt fit the crime.
I agree Boozer...

Kilrtoy
11-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Ok boozer so he has TWO violent felonies and he has a prior for theft and im sure many others. So stealing the lawn mower is a misdemeanor, but with a prior for theft it makes it a felony and sorry Boozer, HE BELONGS IN JAIL. I dont want those people on the street . They obviosly have problems....
I have a brother in law same boat one more strike and his sister LOVES him very much, but she told him one more F#$# up and BYE BYE, you belong in there....

Kilrtoy
11-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Wait a minute...the people who are going to be realeased have already done their time for the crimes they have commited...and be it some of them have commited those crimes over 20 years ago. Why should some one be punished twice?
No-one is being held longer than their time and noone is being punished twice

Dawn Patrol
11-01-2004, 10:21 PM
Your Freind is a Career criminal. Where should the line be drawn Boozer? It's a tough one. Stealing a Lawn Mower or a slice of Pizza doesn't deserve life in the hole. But tell me this, Why would anyone steal anything if they knew they will go to prison for life if they got caught? That makes absolutely no sense. JMHO :confused:

topless
11-01-2004, 10:24 PM
I just don't want anymore child molesters, rapists, murderers, etc.........in my neighborhood. The trailer park has enough of them. I do however want my asshole neighbor to move out and far away!!!!(hint :p , hint)

Domn8er
No-one is being held longer than their time and noone is being punished twice
Just like Boozer said, steeling a lawn mower? Come on...life in jail. Is that justified? No, not at all. The constitution says the punishment has to fit the crime. Life in jail for grand theft does not fit the crime. I agree that they should know the consiquences of breaking the law but this law needs revision.

Boozer
Ok boozer so he has TWO violent felonies and he has a prior for theft and im sure many others. So stealing the lawn mower is a misdemeanor, but with a prior for theft it makes it a felony and sorry Boozer, HE BELONGS IN JAIL. I dont want those people on the street . They obviosly have problems....
I have a brother in law same boat one more strike and his sister LOVES him very much, but she told him one more F#$# up and BYE BYE, you belong in there....
1 violent. He had a damn good reason, I dont know about you but if my sisters boyfriend beat her up he'd be lucky to get away with just a broken jaw. The lawnmower is a felony because it's deemed as grand theft due to it being a high end commercial mower I guess.
Either way I know where I stand and where you stand and I certainly respect your point of view. If it passes it passes if it doesnt then I guess all I can say is tough sh*t for my friend. Doesn't have much affect on me since I'm not out stealing lawnmowers, breaking, jaws, or any other illegal activity for that matter.

plaster dave
look if you are a good friend get him a good lawyer and he wont do time. I also have a friend that was in your sit. except he was busted for growing weed and only saw 1 year house arrest. A good lawyer does wonders.
btw it was like his 4th strike what a joke.
Just my .02

DryHeatOnly
11-01-2004, 10:25 PM
There is no way some of these criminals should be allowed back into society while trying to free a few who maybe shouldn't have such a stiff sentence. The prop needs to be reworked before being passed.
No on 66 (http://www.keep3strikes.org/)

77Eliminator
11-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Intresting links regarding Prop 66
http://www.johnandkenshow.com/audio/files/drjenniferwalsh.wmx
Dr. Jennifer Walsh - NO on 66 10/19/04 11:55
REQUIRED LISTENING for anyone considering voting for Prop. 66 to weaken the 3 Strikes Law. Cal State Los Angeles assistant professor of criminal justice Dr. Jennifer Walsh debunks many myths surrounding the three-strikes law, explaining, for example, that most offenders sentenced under the law committed serious offenses as their third strikes and that the law does not result in lengthy sentences for all eligible three-time recidivists.
http://www.johnandkenshow.com/audio/files/stevecooley.wmx (http://)
LA DA Steve Cooley - NO on 66 10/18/04 13:12
REQUIRED LISTENING for anyone considering voting for Prop. 66 to weaken the 3 Strikes Law. LA District Attorney Steve Cooley explains the consequences.

little rowe boat
11-01-2004, 10:30 PM
I don't care if their first,second or third strikes were or were not violent,they are still criminals,lock um up,they have obviously proven that they are not law abidding citizens that can not be trusted. I have lived for 41 yrs. and I have 0 strikes,how many chances are these criminals supposed to get ?

Domn8er
11-01-2004, 10:36 PM
I don't care if their first,second or third strikes were or were not violent,they are still criminals,lock um up,they have obviously proven that they are not law abidding citizens that can not be trusted. I have lived for 41 yrs. and I have 0 strikes,how many chances are these criminals supposed to get ?
I too have never been arrested but I think the time has to fit the crime. The propaganda against 66 is saying rapist and murders are going to be realeased...they were already relesed (I don't think they should have been released in the first place) and then commited an NON-VIOLENT felony. But like in the case such as Boozer's friend, this is where most of the three strike law is coming into affect. Putting some one in jail for 25 to life for a NON-VIOLENT crime is not right when he served his time for the prior crimes he had commited.

topless
11-01-2004, 10:38 PM
I don't care if their first,second or third strikes were or were not violent,they are still criminals,lock um up,they have obviously proven that they are not law abidding citizens that can not be trusted. I have lived for 41 yrs. and I have 0 strikes,how many chances are these criminals supposed to get ?I went to jail once for threatening phone calls in college. I told a girl to stay away from my B/F or I'd kick her ass! it was such a joke that turned into a big deal. The only consolation was that I looked cute in my mug shots!!!! :hammer2: :eek:

Kilrtoy
11-01-2004, 10:38 PM
1 violent. He had a damn good reason, I dont know about you but if my sisters boyfriend beat her up he'd be lucky to get away with just a broken jaw. The lawnmower is a felony because it's deemed as grand theft due to it being a high end commercial mower I guess.
Either way I know where I stand and where you stand and I certainly respect your point of view. If it passes it passes if it doesnt then I guess all I can say is tough sh*t for my friend. Doesn't have much affect on me since I'm not out stealing lawnmowers, breaking, jaws, or any other illegal activity for that matter.
If what you are saying is correct, then your buddy is not facing a 3 strike conviction, you have to have two prior violent felony convictions and according to you he doesnt have them, so he is not facing this.
Also how many times does society have to be victimized until some learns it is wrong. 3 strikes is way to many strikes and chances
Stealing a piece of pizza from a 12 year old boy at the beach, SHIT BAg was just released from prison, he belongs there.

little rowe boat
11-01-2004, 10:41 PM
I too have never been arrested but I think the time has to fit the crime. The propaganda against 66 is saying rapist and murders are going to be realeased...they were already relesed (I don't think they should have been released in the first place) and then commited an NON-VIOLENT felony. But like in the case such as Boozer's friend, this is where most of the three strike law is coming into affect. Putting some one in jail for 25 to life for a NON-VIOLENT crime is not right when he served his time for the prior crimes he had commited.
I guess the old saying " If you can't do the time then don't do the crime" will become the motto of the criminal element.
PS. I have a brother who is locked up with 2 strikes at this time,even if he had 3 strikes violent or not, my vote would remain the same. NO on 66.

Kilrtoy
11-01-2004, 10:42 PM
The constitution says the punishment has to fit the crime.
That is an oxy-moron, that you bring that up.
It also says hanging(executions) and other things that we dont do anymore. My parents taught me right and wrong, I didnt need to get BUTT-F$%$# to learn it was wrong to do things.....

plaster dave
11-01-2004, 10:48 PM
It also says hanging(executions) and other things that we dont do anymore. My parents taught me right and wrong, I didnt need to get BUTT-F$%$# to learn it was wrong to do things.....
ROFL Me to, my friends went down the wrong path but I didn't cause I didn't want to go back. EVER AGAIN!!! :D
How many times do you think someone should keep doing criminal shit before they go to jail? Everyone knows that 3 strikes your gone but they cant stop so what do you do??

Domn8er
11-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Oxy-moron or not, that is a part of the constitution that we still use today. So the sentencing of 25 to life for some guy who stole some videos is not justified. Even for his two prior felonies...he served his time. Not only is this law un-constitutional it cost us a lot of money as tax payers. This proposal would save the state $30 million a year.

little rowe boat
11-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Oxy-moron or not, that is a part of the constitution that we still use today. So the sentencing of 25 to life for some guy who stole some videos is not justified. Even for his two prior felonies...he served his time. Not only is this law un-constitutional it cost us a lot of money as tax payers. This proposal would save the state $30 million a year.
As far as I'm concerned tax dollars well spent.

plaster dave
11-01-2004, 10:52 PM
I would rather pay 1000.00 a year in taxes then have one of these guys doing crimes in mine or your neighborhoods.

Kilrtoy
11-01-2004, 10:58 PM
They can raise it to 60Mil and I would not care. It is unconstitutional that I have to be fearful of these people. I have rights to, but these people dont care and violate them. SCREW THEM
Domn8er, is someone in the pen that you know or care about....

Domn8er
11-01-2004, 11:05 PM
They can raise it to 60Mil and I would not care. It is unconstitutional that I have to be fearful of these people. I have rights to, but these people dont care and violate them. SCREW THEM
Domn8er, is someone in the pen that you know or care about....
Yeah, my dad. Maybe that is why I'm so for it. I agree with you on about 99% of the stuff you are saying...how many times does it take to learn your lesson, better for them to be off the streets, but is just that last part that can be frivilous. The way the law is now, the last strike doesn't have to involve you or me or any "victim". In so many cases some one just slipped, did something stupid and their teen years caught up to them and now they are doing 25 to life and no one was even hurt...

Boozer
11-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I'd just like to know when the state plans to start imposing stricter sentences on crimes that fit the time.

topless
11-01-2004, 11:12 PM
I'd just like to know when the state plans to start imposing stricter sentences on crimes that fit the time.
I agree 100% Maybe we can get the "girlie men" to do something about it. :hammerhea

Domn8er
I agree. I don't see how they can let some one who physically and intentionally hurt some one out as early as they are doing right now.

Boozer
I agree 100% Maybe we can get the "girlie men" to do something about it. :hammerhea
I hope so!

Kilrtoy
11-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Sorry your dad is in there but he didnt slip 3 times.
I have been the victim of a so called non violent felony after a guy was trying to steal my car. He never intended to hurt me or anyone until he was faced with being caught. That is when he turn a simple car theft in to an attempted murder(Which was dismissed). He is lucky I am LAW ABIDDING CITIZEN. Because as he turned and began to attack me with a hack saw, he must have saw my gun pointed at him and he dropped the hack saw. If I wasnt the most caring person he would be dead, which I probably should have pulled the trigger 16 times. When the cops got there the arresting officer told me he was just released from state prison. He has a rap sheet for stealing cars and when cornered he attacks. He had, If I remember correctly 7 previous convictions for auto theft. At what point do we stop.

Boozer
11-01-2004, 11:19 PM
I agree. I don't see how they can let some one who physically and intentionally hurt some one out as early as they are doing right now.
A friend of a friend (I met this guy once and just being in his presence scared the living sh*t out of me) stabbed a guy (my friends neighbor)and ripped him open. The guy was so messed up he had to be airlifted and almost died. The guy who did it did just a little over 1 year. A little more then 3 months after his release he beat up his gf and only 9 months.
He's NOW finally facing life. Because this is his 3rd strike. He beat some guys head in with a lead pipe so he could steal his car which he later blew up.
He should have done life after the stabbing.
The f*cked up part is that these are the things he got caught doing. Can you imagine what he DIDNT get caught doing and got away with?

Domn8er
11-01-2004, 11:26 PM
Sorry your dad is in there but he didnt slip 3 times.
I have been the victim of a so called non violent felony after a guy was trying to steal my car. He never intended to hurt me or anyone until he was faced with being caught. That is when he turn a simple car theft in to an attempted murder(Which was dismissed). He is lucky I am LAW ABIDDING CITIZEN. Because as he turned and began to attack me with a hack saw, he must have saw my gun pointed at him and he dropped the hack saw. If I wasnt the most caring person he would be dead, which I probably should have pulled the trigger 16 times. When the cops got there the arresting officer told me he was just released from state prison. He has a rap sheet for stealing cars and when cornered he attacks. He had, If I remember correctly 7 previous convictions for auto theft. At what point do we stop.
I see where you are coming from. This guy deserves to be locked up for a long time and that sucks that they dropped the attempted murder case. And I agree on where do we stop...but I still don't think some one should serve the rest of there life in jail for something where some one was not hurt...But I guess we will see what happens tomorrow. I'm out...take it easy.

topless
11-01-2004, 11:44 PM
No shit Boozer. Right after my divorce, I had a Nanny that had an ex boyfriend who decided that he would stalk me because she and her son lived with me. and he said it was my fault that they weren't together. I kid you not.This was the scariest time of my life. He keyed the shit out of my car so I started locking it in the garage so he super glued the key hole. I had to call a locksmith to cut the lock off, then he put a nine millemeter bullet on top of the lock to try and scare me, left death threats not only at my house but also at work, broke in my house when I wasnt home, stole my phone bills so he could call my family and threaten them too, I finally bought a guard dog because I was scared. I even had to have someone guard my house when I was going out.He threatened my life and said he had a hit out on me, vandalized my work and spray painted my name all over it, I had to get a restraining order, etc,etc
He finally left me alone when she moved out but it was hell when it was going on. He did do time for what he did but at the time I really wanted him dead. Now I just feel sorry for him because he will never amount to anything. I looked his name up on the internet and he has so many convictions now that it is unreal.

RiverPirate
11-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Anyone notice that crime rates are as low as they have been in many years, and still dropping. :) Wow...I wonder if is just a coincidence that it seems to run right along the lines of 3 strikes. :rolleyes:
I say "BOOK EM DAN'O", and let the chips fall where they may.

billet racing
11-02-2004, 12:40 AM
There is a good story for every bad one. I feel the law needs to be rewritten, but this attempt is the wrong way to go about it. I vote no
Personally, I have abrother in law who needs to go to jail for life. I'm sure three strikes or not, he will eventually make it there. Sad that he has to hurt so many people in the process.

FRENCHIE
11-02-2004, 05:51 AM
no for me!!!! :hammer2: :hammer2:

Kachina26
11-02-2004, 06:28 AM
It's obvious that your friend can't toe the line in the society that we live in. I don't care if it was a lawn mower or a pizza, 2 previous violent felonies followed by whatever gets tossed. The lawn mower is the crime he got caught for, what else has he been up to? As the law currently stands, the DA and the judge have discrection in sentencing. The famous pizza theif only got 7 years not 25 as the urban legend goes.
I hope this prop goes down.

mike37
11-02-2004, 06:37 AM
hell yas he belongs in jail if he is that dumb to steal after two srtikes
thats exakly the person I want in jail he will just keep up his stealing tell it turns to killing get him off the steet now

MagicMtnDan
11-02-2004, 06:41 AM
No on 66 is the way to go.
If someone has two strikes against them and continues to live in a 3 strikes state (like California) and there's any chance they'll commit another crime (which is likely considering they're a two-time felon) then THEY'RE AN EFFEN DUMB SHIT FOR LIVING THERE.
I have no sympathy for a dumbass, two-time felon who stays in California, steals a lawnmower or whatever and then bitches about going to jail for a long time.
Repeat offenders who cannot stay out of trouble need to be taken out of society. THAT'S WHAT JAIL IS FOR!
No on 66 is the way to go. And for all you two-time felons, if you don't like it, MOVE! I'm not a felon and I'm staying here.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-02-2004, 07:56 AM
Phuck em, you commit three felonies you have proven you can't function as what is generally considered to be a memeber of society.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-02-2004, 08:01 AM
EXACTLY!

Havasu_Dreamin
11-02-2004, 08:05 AM
How is that statement even true? Were you there when they wrote the constitution? The constitution clearly states that you can't be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment. Society and the courts determine what cruel and unusual punishment is and society, the voters of CA and the courts, have decided that 3 strikes and you go for life, end of discussion.

Desert Rat
11-02-2004, 08:22 AM
There is a great abundance of proof that 3 strikes works! As stated earlier, if you have 2 strikes you should either go clean, leave the state or take your medicine if you can't stay out of trouble. It may only be a lawn mower but it is proof that people like this are not persuaded by the law to quit their criminal acts.
No on 66

THOR
11-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Whether you steal videos or stab someone, you should be in jail because you are a pile of $hit.

99 232 baja
11-02-2004, 08:39 AM
I am not perfect, but when I was 15 I stole a radio and spent a few hrs behind bar and realized right then crime is not for me, have not taken anything since that I have not paid for. If a person has not learned from their first run in with the law then they deserve everything they get. We all now there are some real bad people out there that deserve the time the got handed to them be it life or 15 yrs. We all know right from wrong .

redi4fun
11-02-2004, 08:45 AM
:idea: NO, NO ,NO, NO
Come on.. Consider this scenario If and If I had two strikes and I was lucky enough to be walking free on the streets very well knowing that one more slip and I am in for life. I then proceed to steal a lawnmower, candy bar, pizza, whatever I deserve to be put away. Having that kind of deterent over my head and I still choose to do something stupid means that I have little to no self control and I am dangerous to those around me as well as myself. Does that single action of stealing fit the punishment, NOOOO. Does the sum total of all my actions fit the punishment, YESSSSS. Criminals are in general very smart about one thing, the law. They know the ins and out of it better than most law abiding citizens and they use it to their advantage. If you have two or even one strike do as many people on here have done. Live your life with NO STRIKES. :)

Domn8er
11-02-2004, 09:00 AM
How is that statement even true? Were you there when they wrote the constitution? The constitution clearly states that you can't be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment. Society and the courts determine what cruel and unusual punishment is and society, the voters of CA and the courts, have decided that 3 strikes and you go for life, end of discussion.
Yeah, cruel and unusual punishment is sending someone to jail for 25 to life for a crime that some one else is getting sentenced for two years. Why would you take their previous crimes into consideration when they already served their time for those crimes. I agree they should have learned their lesson the first time, but sending some one to jail for life when no one was hurt is stupid regardless of their past.

THOR
11-02-2004, 09:00 AM
:idea: NO, NO ,NO, NO
Come on.. Consider this scenario If and If I had two strikes and I was lucky enough to be walking free on the streets very well knowing that one more slip and I am in for life. I then proceed to steal a lawnmower, candy bar, pizza, whatever I deserve to be put away. Having that kind of deterent over my head and I still choose to do something stupid means that I have little to no self control and I am dangerous to those around me as well as myself. Does that single action of stealing fit the punishment, NOOOO. Does the sum total of all my actions fit the punishment, YESSSSS. Criminals are in general very smart about one thing, the law. They know the ins and out of it better than most law abiding citizens and they use it to their advantage. If you have two or even one strike do as many people on here have done. Live your life with NO STRIKES. :)
Nicely said.

Moneypitt
11-02-2004, 09:02 AM
I agree that some people need to off the street, as the voters stated before they are tired of the same people coming back to rob, steal, assult, and just generally make life a risk for the law abiding citizens. However, the way Ca. has used this law is totally out of line with the other states that have the same 3 strikes deal. I don't agree totally with the way the "new" 3 strikes is written, but I must admit it currently has some flaws. The hipe over who is going to be released from prison is pure BS! No one wants the killers and rapists released, nor do they want the 3rd striker that strong armed the pizza released, but there are cons who's 3rd strike would've resulted in probation for 1st time offenders, clearly not serious or violent violations. Ca. has abused the law, and no where is that more evident than Ventura Co. where .25 cents worth of dope has, and is still is, being treated as a 3rd strike. Do junkies deserve a free ride, of course not, but do they deserve to have this 3 strikes law used against them?? 25 years to life is a long, long time for a minor (key word here) NON violent violation. That said, how about the thief that steals your boat accessories in the night. He is caught, slapped on the wrist,(probation) and your stuff is long gone. So you go to the DAs office to inquire about the "victims resitution fund" only to find out you've got nothing coming, and you should sue the thief directly!! What is that fund for??..MP

Domn8er
11-02-2004, 09:06 AM
I agree that some people need to off the street, as the voters stated before they are tired of the same people coming back to rob, steal, assult, and just generally make life a risk for the law abiding citizens. However, the way Ca. has used this law is totally out of line with the other states that have the same 3 strikes deal. I don't agree totally with the way the "new" 3 strikes is written, but I must admit it currently has some flaws. The hipe over who is going to be released from prison is pure BS! No one wants the killers and rapists released, nor do they want the 3rd striker that strong armed the pizza released, but there are cons who's 3rd strike would've resulted in probation for 1st time offenders, clearly not serious or violent violations. Ca. has abused the law, and no where is that more evident than Ventura Co. where .25 cents worth of dope has, and is still is, being treated as a 3rd strike. Do junkies deserve a free ride, of course not, but do they deserve to have this 3 strikes law used against them?? 25 years to life is a long, long time for a minor (key word here) NON violent violation. That said, how about the thief that steals your boat accessories in the night. He is caught, slapped on the wrist,(probation) and your stuff is long gone. So you go to the DAs office to inquire about the "victims resitution fund" only to find out you've got nothing coming, and you should sue the thief directly!! What is that fund for??..MP
Well said!

THOR
11-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Does beating the $hit out of the 7-11 clerk while robbing the store constitute a violent crime? Prop 66 says it is not violent to do that. It sure seems violent to me.

Domn8er
11-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Does beating the $hit out of the 7-11 clerk while robbing the store constitute a violent crime? Prop 66 says it is not violent to do that. It sure seems violent to me.
That is not true...that is strong arm robbery which is catagorized as a violent crime. And if he had a weapon...assult with a deadly weapon.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Yeah, cruel and unusual punishment is sending someone to jail for 25 to life for a crime that some one else is getting sentenced for two years. Why would you take their previous crimes into consideration when they already served their time for those crimes. I agree they should have learned their lesson the first time, but sending some one to jail for life when no one was hurt is stupid regardless of their past.
That is your opinion of cruel and unusual punishment. Soceity has deemed that to not be cruel and unusual punishment. You want to cahgne that, fine, vote yes on 66 as that is the way these things get changed. IMHO, phuck em, they can't function in society without committing crimes so bye-bye.

Moneypitt
11-02-2004, 09:42 AM
Any crime that has anyone assualting anyone else is still a 3 strikeable offense. Just as a terrorist threat, calling your ex and threating to "kill" her, would also qualify. Once again we, the voters, are bombarded with false information from BOTH sides of this issue. When are we going to be able to look at issues from a truthful, forthright direction without these lousy politicans distorting facts.(example: does no mean yes? or does voting no mean no?) I have said before the problem with politicans is that most of them were lawyers before they became politicans, How about a new law that says if you were EVER a lawyer, DA, or defense attorney, you can not run for office of any kind for 25 to life............Power to the people!!..............MP

THOR
11-02-2004, 09:45 AM
That is not true...that is strong arm robbery which is catagorized as a violent crime. And if he had a weapon...assult with a deadly weapon.
Well, that was the hypothetical that was given.

LOWRIVER2
11-02-2004, 12:50 PM
Will be interesting how the vote comes down,
If you live in LA county, you're an idiot to vote for this bill for sure.
I'll have a CL for ANYONE who can show me (LA CO. Case Number) where a 3rd strike was a non violent felony and a long (15-20 yeare sentence) was handed down.
REALITY PEOPLE: THERE ARE NONE IN LA COUNTY
I put 1-3 people in jail every night I work, no radio calls, all observation arrests. Guess what, 80% have 3-6 counts on their rap sheets that COULD count as 3rd strikes. So far it's around 1-2% of those even get filed as a 3rd strike case, let alone get convicted with a long term.
In LA county, this myth of people going to prison for petty non violent offenses is just that: A MYTH
Sure, there's problems in other counties and the proverbial "white elephant case" that grabs headlines, but talk to your friends who are cops about all the 3rd strike cases they testify on, not many.

INFINITEJJ
11-02-2004, 04:13 PM
NO ON 66!
Get three stikes, your OUT!
Not your fault, B.S., it never is.
Too bad, boo hoo.

slink
11-02-2004, 05:07 PM
I'll have a CL for ANYONE who can show me (LA CO. Case Number) where a 3rd strike was a non violent felony and a long (15-20 yeare sentence) was handed down.
I put 1-3 people in jail every night I work, no radio calls, all observation arrests. Guess what, 80% have 3-6 counts on their rap sheets that COULD count as 3rd strikes. So far it's around 1-2% of those even get filed as a 3rd strike case, let alone get convicted with a long term.
In LA county, this myth of people going to prison for petty non violent offenses is just that: A MYTH
Sure, there's problems in other counties and the proverbial "white elephant case" that grabs headlines, but talk to your friends who are cops about all the 3rd strike cases they testify on, not many.
Same here here in Riverside.....You all would be dumbfounded if I was allowed to post some RAP sheets I see everyday. Best one lately stated "21 Potential felony strikes", yet the s h i t b a g had only one that was filed as a strike and was roaming the streets.

Kilrtoy
11-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Why do insurance companies look at your previous driving record to decided on whether to raise lower or cancel you. That is life

Kilrtoy
11-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Wrong,
Drugs lead to other more serious crimes, Burglary, grand theft all to support their habits .All property crimes have the potential to become violent when the owners catch them. and alot of the time they do.......

Havasu Cig
11-02-2004, 07:03 PM
LR is right on the money. Look at someones rap sheet that has been a career criminal and in alot of cases you will see several convictions that should have been strikes but were plead down by the D.A. (City Attorney). People are not getting 25 to life for petty crimes. Don't believe the ACLU's BS.

Phat Matt
11-02-2004, 09:29 PM
It's passing right now...
California voting on the Proposition 66 Three Strikes
2904 of 24039 precincts - 12 percent
Yes 1,123,708 - 56 percent
No 882,729 - 44 percent

PlyaPlya22
11-02-2004, 09:31 PM
I don't like to stir the pot!! But that is BS!!

Kilrtoy
11-02-2004, 09:33 PM
If I remember correctly it still needs 60 %, That is bullshit if it passes......

PlyaPlya22
11-02-2004, 09:37 PM
I got in a huge arguement at work over this today. I can't believe these FOCKERS even got this far!!

slink
11-02-2004, 09:40 PM
If I remember correctly it still needs 60 %, That is bullshit if it passes......
I beleive it is 2/3rds, but I may be wrong

XtrmWakeborder
11-02-2004, 09:47 PM
NO on 66, plain and simple keep these people off the streets. I don't want a person who can't stop themselves from commiting crimes on my block, even if they aren't violent.

Kilrtoy
11-02-2004, 10:00 PM
I beleive it is 2/3rds, but I may be wrong
So my math is off, You are right 2/3rds

Moneypitt
11-02-2004, 10:00 PM
I think 51% will pass. The 2/3rds deal is initives with taxes attached/bond issues and such, although I'm not sure. If LA county/city doesn't have any un fair 3rd strikers, then the change, if it comes, won't make any difference. I KNOW that Ventura county's DA is an animal when he gets the scent of a 2nd or 3rd strike. And although alot of crime can be conected to drugs, I still don't think .25 cents worth of dope should be considered a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd strike resulting in long prison sentences. County jails and rehab, and not the assine rehab currently used, are more of an answer than 25 to life......We tried it the way it was and it was abused by overzealous prosecuters/DAs, so lets see how a revised version can work. I'm sure there will be plenty of feed back as time marches on. As far as releases, if there aren't any minor 3rd strikers doing 25 to life, then who is going to be released?...........MP

Phat Matt
11-02-2004, 10:01 PM
So my math is off, You are right 2/3rds
So it's 66.66%?

Kilrtoy
11-02-2004, 10:02 PM
its only .25 cents because he already used the rest of the EIGHTBALL

Moneypitt
11-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes, you're right. He was too stupid to through away the baggie! Catch him with anything and lock him up, no arguement there. But 25 to life, come on, the 8 ball, with a prior would probably get him mid term of 4 yrs here in Ventura County. Okay by me, 4 yrs to try to get their life together, but 25 to life is just too long.........MP

Phat Matt
11-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Update...the gap is closing.
6223 of 24039 precincts - 26 percent
Yes 1,509,448 - 54 percent
No 1,290,727 - 46 percent

Kilrtoy
11-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Yes, you're right. He was too stupid to through away the baggie! Catch him with anything and lock him up, no arguement there. But 25 to life, come on, the 8 ball, with a prior would probably get him mid term of 4 yrs here in Ventura County. Okay by me, 4 yrs to try to get their life together, but 25 to life is just too long.........MP
Texas gives 10 years on FIRST OFFENSE for such things

PlyaPlya22
11-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Are you kidding me that shit iis gonna pass?? There must be a ton of criminals voting!!

XtrmWakeborder
11-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Are you kidding me that shit iis gonna pass?? There must be a ton of criminals voting!!
And they'll all move to low rent beaumont sucka! lol

slink
11-02-2004, 10:41 PM
I just checked and it is only majority to pass. It is still way to early. None of the larger counties (LA, SD, OC, SB, SF) are in yet so lets keep our fingers crossed. If it does pass, two words.........Job Security!!!!!!!!

PlyaPlya22
11-02-2004, 11:12 PM
And they'll all move to low rent beaumont sucka! lol
AND YOU SEE HOW WE RUN IT!! BROTHA!!!

slink
11-02-2004, 11:12 PM
It's getting closer

XtrmWakeborder
11-02-2004, 11:45 PM
its damn close arnold is talking right now and the numbers are behind him

C-2
11-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Assuming it’s defeated - it’s still mind-boggling to see such a close margin. I doubt half the population of Cali knows some scumbag career criminal and voted simply for their benefit; rather, it’s a clear message 3 strikes needs to be re-examined and reformed.

slink
11-03-2004, 07:26 AM
Assuming it’s defeated - it’s still mind-boggling to see such a close margin. I doubt half the population of Cali knows some scumbag career criminal and voted simply for their benefit; rather, it’s a clear message 3 strikes needs to be re-examined and reformed.
or the fact that the way it was worded mislead many.

THOR
11-03-2004, 07:40 AM
or the fact that the way it was worded mislead many.
That is exactly right. I have a friend that voted down anything that said it would cost the state money. :jawdrop: :hammerhea
Those blurbs next to the propositions were so general and totally misleading.

Moneypitt
11-03-2004, 08:31 AM
The changes to 3 strikes have gone down in flames, 53% to 47%. As stated here, it's eye opening that it was even that close. A note about the way it played out throught the night, As the working class voters got to the polls the measure started losing it's advantage, and was defeated.....But it does say something about the way the system uses 3 strikes, and SOME of the people feel there is abuse. The comments about a 21 striker still on the street and having police contact is from another world! How does this guy avoid going away forever??...........MP

Domn8er
11-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Why do insurance companies look at your previous driving record to decided on whether to raise lower or cancel you. That is life
They only go back three years. And speaking of driving...your thinking is you should have learned your lesson after the first or second ticket and if you get the third one...just take away your license.

Boozer
11-03-2004, 09:11 AM
They only go back three years. And speaking of driving...your thinking is you should have learned your lesson after the first or second ticket and if you get the third one...just take away your license.
Correction. Most insurance companies today are going back 5 years. They are also basing your rates off of your credit score. Bad credit can cause your rates to be increased by as much as 15%
You can still find a few companies who only go back 3 years. I got lucky, somehow, some way my Colorado driving record did not transfer over to California. If it had I'd be f*cked :2purples: Over 3 years my record doesnt have a scatch. Over 5 years :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

C-2
11-03-2004, 09:16 AM
I'm a 3 strikes supporter, but like many, think it needs some tweeking. I don't think it's abused by over-zealous prosecutors or anybody in LE, but feel it should be reserved for rapo's, robbers and other degenerates who prey on people - not dopers.

78Eliminator
11-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Hey Boozer, what's your name again? Did you know what when you lie to the DMV, it's a criminal offense? Did you know that some people on the boards work for the Superior Court and also the DMV? Be careful what you say on here...... Try to keep that kind of thing on the down low.
Hey batter batter batter.

Umongus
11-03-2004, 03:26 PM
The three strikes law is fine the way it is. Thank God Prop 66 didn't pass. These folks aren't getting to 25 to life for the last crime they commited, they're getting 25 to life for their obvious inability to not do the wrong thing and stay out of trouble. If there is a 2 striker out there who wilingly and knowing commits another crime, knowing full well what the consequences could be, SHAME ON THEM!!!!!! Sorry, but I've got no sympathy for a 3 striker. Where do you draw the lne, how many chances should one get? I'll willingly pay whatever taxes are need to keep these people behind bars and out of my neighborhood, trying to steal my boat.
I know I don't post much here (my boat is a tow boat, not really a hot boat :smile: ) but as a cop (love me or hate me) this issue was very important to me. I've worked hard to put some of these people where they are, and I've lost many friends who were killed by these "non-violent" citizens in the lne of duty.
Sorry, just had to vent, frustrates me to see some people care more about criminals than law abiding citizens. When a crime happens, who has all the rights...the accused and guilty. The victims have nothing.
Again, sorry for the ranting and raving :cry:
Tony

Kilrtoy
11-03-2004, 03:48 PM
And that is exactly what they do if you get 3 tickets in a prescribed time. Thanks for pointing that out.... What was your point. If you get a misdmeanor they can go back even further and you can lose your PRIVILEGE to drive even quicker.

Domn8er
11-03-2004, 06:33 PM
And that is exactly what they do if you get 3 tickets in a prescribed time. Thanks for pointing that out.... What was your point. If you get a misdmeanor they can go back even further and you can lose your PRIVILEGE to drive even quicker.
Ok, it's over and done with. It didn't pass, but this law will be amended in the future. Just like you said, in a prescribed time. The current three strikes law doesn't have a time limit. People, many people are having crimes they commited when they were kids come into the sentencing factor.

mike37
11-03-2004, 07:09 PM
Ok, it's over and done with. It didn't pass, but this law will be amended in the future. Just like you said, in a prescribed time. The current three strikes law doesn't have a time limit. People, many people are having crimes they commited when they were kids come into the sentencing factor.
NO it wont because we will all keep voting for it to stay the same

Kilrtoy
11-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Actually no, If you continue to drive like an ass over a period of any time, They will eventually REVOKE your license. So it is the same.

slink
11-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Say what Willis, Juvenile records are sealed. When one turns 18, they are no longer "a kid" and that is why it is "3" strikes and not "1". It allows for mistakes made when we are "young adults". If you are one that learns from your mistakes then you have nothing to worry about. If you dont learn from your mistakes, well Adios MF :lightsabe