PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR in OK?

Seadog
11-03-2004, 09:48 AM
Well, I got some bad news that my mechanic in Vinita has moved to Missouri. The interesting part of the story is that when he decided to move, he sold his property off hwy 66 to a neighbor for more than he planned to ask. According to the word, this guy has major connections with NASCAR and has been planning on building a track for years. He has the financing behind him. He has just been waiting to get the final piece of property to make it work.
I have my doubts, but if it comes true, you heard it here first. :jawdrop:

OkieDave
11-03-2004, 11:53 AM
where on 66? would be way cool to have a track in O :cool: k. by the way, i lived in Stillwater when I got my first boat in 1986. moved to Havasu from there in '89.

Shark In The Pond
11-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Puts me smack dab in the middle of the deal if it was to happen :cool: Looks like I can make 3 races in a yr. now .

Seadog
11-04-2004, 06:45 AM
It is suppose to be between Vinita and White Oak, west of the 66/69 interchange.

switchin'addiction
11-04-2004, 10:05 AM
That would be very cool.

Showin Tail
11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
I own a restaurant in Vinita and have heard of that rumor for years and I personally think that it is just that, A rumor. All thought it would be Kool for me. ;)

Seadog
11-22-2004, 07:31 PM
What I have gathered, the holdup was getting a few certain pieces of land. I know the rumor has been around for years, along with the one about the Siver Dollar City type park between Bernice and Grove. I am not saying it will happen, but I have good connections that say the money, the connections and the desire are there.
What restaurant do you own? Skylight Bakery or Golden Spike? Not a whole lot of choices in Vinita besides Clanton's and fast food.

Blake Allen
11-22-2004, 08:52 PM
I have a business in Vinita as well and have heard these rumors for a long time. I was on the Chamber of Commerce board and know that alot of planning lunches have been paid for to see his sort of thing happen and alot of land has changed hands supposedly in its preparation actually a house and land I wanted to buy was purchased by these people as well. Who was the mechanic that moved from Vinita to Missouri.
Blake

Seadog
11-23-2004, 06:33 AM
Dan with Green Country. I normally don't go with dealer shops, but I have never had a bad experience with Green Country. My nephew went to school with you Blake.

Showin Tail
11-25-2004, 08:08 PM
The new Charlies Chicken along with the one in Pryor and wagoner.

Tempest38
11-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Wouldn't it be awful close being between Kansas City and Dallas? How close are they usually.
Blake I see you on the local track and RJ.Com, may even have talked on a dragster or something...

Infomaniac
11-26-2004, 07:19 AM
The new Charlies Chicken along with the one in Pryor and wagoner.
I think engine upgrades are in order for you this winter. :rollside:

Showin Tail
11-26-2004, 07:45 AM
Yea, Info that would be nice. I have to many irons in the fire now for any toy upgrades right now. M wife says she wants a new house first. We sold ours and the boat costs way more than the temporay house we are living in and she say HOUSE FIRST, befor play :boxed:

Seadog
11-26-2004, 08:28 PM
I haven't been to CC in Vinita yet. My folks go to one in Miami and we have one here in Stillwater.

beyondhelpin
12-18-2004, 02:06 PM
I think engine upgrades are in order for you this winter. :rollside:
I dont care who you are........that there is funny!