PDA

View Full Version : If you work for AT&T

Her454
11-03-2004, 11:41 AM
then I apologize in advance but I cannot believe the SHITTY customer service that flows from that place. 4 MONTHS in a row they get my bill incorrect....charge me for services that I do not have, DO NOT remove the services I requested, and then f'ng argue with me about my HOME ADDRESS.
I think after all these years I know my home address, and what I WANT FOR SERVICE. I dont need an answer of "well I would think that would be the way it would work" when I ask a direct question. WTF is this? I NEED TO KNOW FOR SURE.
And dealing with this particular moron was only after 40 minutes of being routed through menu hell only to be disconnected...yet once again. Now after almost an hour and a half of resolving NOTHING I find out that I am BEING CHARGED FOR THE F'NG CALL and I need to schedule a trip to the doctor for my blood pressure. I get better damn service at McDonalds.
Sorry - Just needed to vent. :burningm:
NOW, Everyone feel free to bash the hell out of AT&T and make me feel better.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-03-2004, 11:45 AM
f U C K At&t.. They Suck. :d :d

redi4fun
11-03-2004, 11:46 AM
You are not alone, ATT will never be used again for internet, wireless or land line by me. That organization is the worst :hammer2:

Desert Rat
No problem with ATT. Now Verison is a whole nother story!!! :boxingguy

BajaMike
Are you talking about AT&T Wireless??? I think they are being bought by Cingular....wonder if it will be better or worse??
:hammerhea

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Nextel is not much better. Keep calling them until you get the answer you want. They are a bunch of morons that don't know their own backside.
I called because my wifes phone whenever I tried to direct connect would say "user busy on data A3" I called them and they said, "it is getting worked on they are having data problems."
No F***ing kidding, that is what I am calling for. Dumbass. :hammerhea

Desert Rat
11-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Had our land line with Verison go down last year and was told it would take SIX WEEKS to get out to look at it!! I went round and round with these aholes. Wife calls them and informs them they will be billed for lost time on the DSL and alarm service and if anything happens and our alarm/fire does not go thru they will be in court for that too. The next day the dick heads sent out a service tech and repaired the line in about 15 minutes :yuk: It's all about greed... Fire 2/3 of their techs so they can up profits because they don't have to worry about costumer service, only one company on the land line to choose from!! :yuk:

Boozer
11-03-2004, 11:56 AM
I worked for a company called TCI. TCI was a cable company that pretty muc pioneered cable modems and Telephony services over coax. Although they were not the best paying company in the world they were a great company to work for. Their policy was employees first customers second. Because of that policy employess were happy and passed that happiness on to the customers.
AT&T and TCI merged. People were no longer treated like people. We were machines that could be easily replaced if we had a problemw ith the BS policies. They cut pay, benefits, and it became a very hostile work enviroment. Obviously customer service went to sh*t. I resigned after they said hte company was doing bad financially and the reason was that they had paid me and the rest of their sales people to much money. They were going to cut everyones pay. I said f*ck you and found a ocmpany that paid more.
From what I understand that is the wa AT&T treats their employees in all of their business sectors. LD, Wireless, Local, Everything.
I have vowed to never spend a penny on any AT&T product or service.

Boozer
11-03-2004, 12:01 PM
Had our land line with Verison go down last year and was told it would take SIX WEEKS to get out to look at it!! I went round and round with these aholes. Wife calls them and informs them they will be billed for lost time on the DSL and alarm service and if anything happens and our alarm/fire does not go thru they will be in court for that too. The next day the dick heads sent out a service tech and repaired the line in about 15 minutes :yuk: It's all about greed... Fire 2/3 of their techs so they can up profits because they don't have to worry about costumer service, only one company on the land line to choose from!! :yuk:
If that EVER happens again you need to contact the PUC IMMEDIATELY. As a paying customer you are entitled to working dial tone at ALL times. By law and regualtions they are required to respond within 24 hours of your call. Had there been an emergency in your house where someone was injured fataly or otherwise and you were not able to reach 911 because your land line was down Verizon would be legally responsible.

Boozer
11-03-2004, 12:02 PM
I understand what you are talking about. I own a tele-communications business and let me tell you...service is the pits right now with all of these companies :mad: It is not just you!
Tom I knew you were in Teleocm but what exactly is it that your company does?

Ziggy
11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Got rid of ATT&T a year ago for my biz but they somehow double billed me for the same services I was getting from SBC....SBC is the carrier when confirming but it took us 6 months for AT&T to figure out how/why they were still billing us. :hammerhea
They screwed us on our home # too.
Never again AT&T...never

Desert Rat
11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
If that EVER happens again you need to contact the PUC IMMEDIATELY. As a paying customer you are entitled to working dial tone at ALL times. By law and regualtions they are required to respond within 24 hours of your call. Had there been an emergency in your house where someone was injured fataly or otherwise and you were not able to reach 911 because your land line was down Verizon would be legally responsible.
Damn good to know Boozer. This place is fun and you can learn a thing or two too!! Thanks

HavasuDreamin'
11-03-2004, 12:10 PM
No need to get stressed. Just drop them and pick up any one of 1,000 other cell services. :mix:

Her454
11-03-2004, 12:11 PM
AT&T and Singular are now one and NO the service is not better. THE ONLY thing better is the fact they no longer do "blind transfers" within the company. Example; if you call with a question on your bill and then when you are finished and have a question about your plan...they transfer you to the next moron that needs to handle the call and they STAY on the line until the transfer is complete rather than just put the call through into the land of never ending hold and shitty music. Is it me or am I crazy...here was my question.....
I have a new phone, a Nokia...(not sure of the model as the paperwork is at home). I ask them how much it is for me to send a message (via text) using the "create SMS email" function to someones email? I didnt want to be hit with some incredulous charge of 10.00 a message when in fact it was there in my CONTRACT IN BLACK AND WHITE (that was just extended 10 more years for asking a question BTW).
AT&T: what model phone do you have....(when the previous person had just told me...but being frustrated in traffic I forgot the model number and now this idiot says they dont have access to what model numbers we own? Traci: ...........WTH? Ok, moving on......
AT&T: Ma'm, you cant send those kind of messages with your model phone".
Traci: WHAT? I've been doing it and it works.....so you need to check again.............
He then leaves me on hold (Im paying for the call remember?) for about 10 minutes and by this time Im pissed and dont even care about the original question and want to hang up but being the stubborn bitch I am, I continue to hold. He finally returns and proceeds to tell me....in instructions a kindergarten teacher would use...."you go to Menu, then to Messages, then to create messages............
Traci: WAIT A MINUTE...I KNOW HOW TO SEND THE MESSAGES, I SAID HOW MUCH?
AT&T: "What is your home address Ma'm"?
Traci: What....why do you need my home address, I already verified that.
AT&T: "To make sure you have the right phone we see in the file".
Traci: REALLY GETTING PISSED NOW with no pity for this guy at all...... I thought you couldnt see that?
AT&T: Hang on a moment ma'm. ..... I am now back in Hold Hell while I am racking up charges for minutes I shouldnt be paying in the first place.....
AT&T: Ma'm...sorry for the confusion....but it seems this would be considered a text message.
Traci: It seems?
AT&T: Yes, one would think so?
Traci: Is there someone else there than can help me? Its clear you do not understand my question.
AT&T: Let me get my supervisor Ma'm....
DISCONNECT. :mad: :mad:
No need to get stressed. Just drop them and pick up any one of 1,000 other cell services. :mix:
You forget where I live....trust me, If I could get service on Mullet Mountain with any other, I would be GONE. :mad:

Desert Rat
11-03-2004, 12:24 PM
I have a friend in Valley Springs and one in Jenny Lind and they get good service with Nextel.

fourspeednup
11-03-2004, 12:29 PM
Most likely dropping AT&T as soon as my contract is up end of Dec. Going to Verizon unless someone here has as better idea :hammerhea

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Hey Traci, Our Nextel worked at Hogan and in Valley Springs a few weeks ago when we were all there.

Her454
11-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Hey Traci, Our Nextel worked at Hogan and in Valley Springs a few weeks ago when we were all there.
I have a friend in Valley Springs and one in Jenny Lind and they get good service with Nextel.
Nextel is touch and go...works in Valley Springs, some area's. I drive over 160 miles a day commuting and so far AT&T is the most consistent service within the nasty area's. I've looked into several other carriers.

572Daytona
11-03-2004, 12:41 PM
I used to work for AT&T and I dropped them as my long distance carrier while I still worked for them because of their poor service. My wife also recently switched her cell phone service from them as well. After being a good paying customer with them for more than 5 years, they gave her a hassle about pro-rating the final bill from the day she canceled even though her service was completely non functional. It's amazing to me that AT&T has so squandered their brand name with the poor service. Customer service used to be their hallmark and a reason why people were willing to pay a little more to have them as their carrier. Their service started to go down hill just shortly after the outsourced their customer service to Canada sometime in the 90's :)

Jbb
11-03-2004, 12:43 PM
Canadian Customer Service...This is Tom Brown...may I help you? :D

switchin'addiction
11-03-2004, 12:55 PM
then I apologize in advance but I cannot believe the SHITTY customer service that flows from that place. 4 MONTHS in a row they get my bill incorrect....charge me for services that I do not have, DO NOT remove the services I requested, and then f'ng argue with me about my HOME ADDRESS.
I think after all these years I know my home address, and what I WANT FOR SERVICE. I dont need an answer of "well I would think that would be the way it would work" when I ask a direct question. WTF is this? I NEED TO KNOW FOR SURE.
And dealing with this particular moron was only after 40 minutes of being routed through menu hell only to be disconnected...yet once again. Now after almost an hour and a half of resolving NOTHING I find out that I am BEING CHARGED FOR THE F'NG CALL and I need to schedule a trip to the doctor for my blood pressure. I get better damn service at McDonalds.
Sorry - Just needed to vent. :burningm:
NOW, Everyone feel free to bash the hell out of AT&T and make me feel better.
They absolutly f*&king suck. I have my commercial account with them, but as soon as they compensate me for their billing mistakes (which they have been trying to correct for 6 MONTHS) they are history & I will never, ever use them again for anything. They suck!!!!
Thank you, I needed that.

Rexone
11-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Service from all phone companies and utilities in general sucks.
I just thought it was part of their licensing requirement from the government to sell utilities.

switchin'addiction
11-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Service from all phone companies and utilities in general sucks.
I just thought it was part of their licensing requirement from the government to sell utilities.
Good one Rex. You nailed that one.

Her454
11-03-2004, 01:48 PM
I should forward this thread to AT&T Corporate.....keep em coming. :mad:

77charger
11-03-2004, 04:01 PM
F them when my wifes contract is up we are cancellng them out.I had to cancel my phone service last year sent them letter and all required crap they kept billing me for 4 more months phone was never used not even a phone call they never cancelled.talked to cust service got me no where yellled them out kept sending bill so to avoid credit probs i kept mailing them about 2 bucks evry month(i was making effort to pay the bill made it difficult for them but did not have any affect on my credit rating since i was paying)
I use to like thier phone servie since it worked well but IMO it has been getting worse too.

switchin'addiction
11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
I should forward this thread to AT&T Corporate.....keep em coming. :mad:
If that is the case "AT & T SUCKS" & I have more confidence in a 5yr old to straighten out their billing f&*kups than I do in the clowns that they have working for them. Oh yeah another thing, I bet the 5yr old could speak better english too.

Dr. Eagle
11-03-2004, 05:36 PM
I worked for AT&T Wireless for quite some time... and I dropped their long distance while I was working for wireless because the "mother ship" sucked so bad... I'd change carriers if I were you! :2purples:

a catered life
11-03-2004, 06:50 PM
No problem with ATT. Now Verison is a whole nother story!!! :boxingguy
:jawdrop: Whats wrong with Verzison i have had them for over 7 years and have not had any problems

a catered life
11-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Most likely dropping AT&T as soon as my contract is up end of Dec. Going to Verizon unless someone here has as better idea :hammerhea
just my opinion their version wireless is great no problem and great clear calls works almost everywhere :)

Hustler
11-03-2004, 07:05 PM
AT&T apperently lost our contract and decided to bill us for things that were suppose to be included in our service. we have gone round after round with them and I'm done. weve been looking for another carrier but decide on who to use, Verizon is to expensive, T-Mobile..well who's on t-moble? No one I know. As far Nextell goes, I have it for work and HATE it