PDA

View Full Version : Snowing here

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 01:34 PM
in Carson City. Not sticking yet but I am sure it is going at it up in the mountains. :(

clownpuncher
11-03-2004, 01:42 PM
A crisp 71 degress right now where I'm at.
BTW, love your sig line. Worth a few reps.

Aqua Boogie1
11-03-2004, 01:53 PM
Hey Spectra,
Hows Misty doing? Do you get to talk with tyson?
Doug (AB1)

Her454
11-03-2004, 02:08 PM
A crisp 71 degress right now where I'm at.
I agree, and it goes with your sense of humor.......I love it. :) Shot ya a few reps for it. T.

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys, I will send some back atcha.
Hey Mister AB, How is everything going with you? We were hoping to catch up with you guys somewhere towards the end of the season but we will have to make up for it next year.
Misty is hangin' in there. We/she had some family issues last weekend but it is all working through.
Other than that some stuff different day. I am still not ready for winter but hey maybe we can all smack Clownpuncher and it will all get better. :D :D :D
We will talk to you later though.

switchin'addiction
11-03-2004, 02:15 PM
I have to agree. I never noticed it before. Some green coming your way for that!

HCS
11-03-2004, 02:18 PM
How's the weather chicklet thread. :boxed:

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 02:18 PM
The chiklets are good, weather sux though :D

ROZ
11-03-2004, 02:33 PM
I was just in Gardnerville this last weekend. Nice up there...

clownpuncher
11-03-2004, 02:34 PM
I am still not ready for winter but hey maybe we can all smack Clownpuncher and it will all get better. :D :D :D
We will talk to you later though.
If you come down to smack me remind me to take you for a boat ride in Parker. Don't matter, December-Feb-july :D :D :D
Guess I shouldn't bag on teh cold weather too much cuz I gotta drive at least six hours for decent skiing. Yes, skiing and not snow boarding. Too old to heal quick enough

ELIMINAT THIS
11-03-2004, 02:39 PM
in Carson City. Not sticking yet but I am sure it is going at it up in the mountains. :(
TKS for the info i have a driver making a del. in fallon,nv tomorow. we dont do the snow.the chevrolet dealer is going to be pissed they have been waiting for a month.

MsDrmr
11-03-2004, 02:46 PM
that is so beautiful to watch, wish I were there

BarryMac
11-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Man I miss the snow, NOT...
Greenies for the Sig Line though...

ELIMINAT THIS
11-03-2004, 03:07 PM
Man I miss the snow, NOT...
Greenies for the Sig Line though...
Gottaslowboat= sorry maybe when i get 2131 post i will know how to post.for now i will just be a greenie.

BarryMac
11-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Gottaslowboat= sorry maybe when i get 2131 post for now i will just be a greenie.
hit ya with green because your funny, tellin me my boats slow, just ask me how fast it is, I'll tell ya...
By the way, deliver your load to Fallon, the snow rarely sticks on the ground out there...

ELIMINAT THIS
11-03-2004, 03:17 PM
hit ya with green because your funny, tellin me my boats slow, just ask me how fast it is, I'll tell ya...
By the way, deliver your load to Fallon, the snow rarely sticks on the ground out there...
gottajetboat= its the snow over donner summit on hwy 80. lets see one of my drivers hit a fire plug today. on dry pavement. i realy dont want them on ice and snow. p.s. how fast

BarryMac
11-03-2004, 03:18 PM
gottajetboat= its the snow over donner summit on hwy 80. lets see one of my drivers hit a fire plug today. on dry pavement. i realy dont want them on ice and snow. p.s. how fast
90 - 95, of course that's when I'm towing, seriuosly about 60 maybe a little more, never been GPS'd but from what I here that's the top with the motor and pump package that I have...

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Just got home. I am at about the 5,000 ft level
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7156&stc=1
I hate seeing the toys like this
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7157&stc=1 :(

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Clownpuncher I may have to take you up on that next season, I'll bring the beverages.
Eliminat this, I wouldn't worry about tomorrow too much, it is usually clear by then.

BarryMac
11-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Just got home. I am at about the 5,000 ft level
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7156&stc=1
I hate seeing the toys like this
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7157&stc=1 :(
Spectratoad, I think I asked before but what part of Reno do you live in?
My Mom is off of Arlington and Mt Rose, she is probably shitting, she hates the snow, my parents are supposed to be on there way to SD on Friday, I hope they are able to make it out...
gjb

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Just north of Reno in Golden Valley. It is starting to stick to the roads, mostly slush. Just gotta go slow. Haven't heard how long this will last.

BarryMac
11-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Just north of Reno in Golden Valley. It is starting to stick to the roads, mostly slush. Just gotta go slow. Haven't heard how long this will last.
Their towing a 35' Fifth Wheel, I hope they can get out, they generally go out 80 through Fallon and take 95 South, I hope it is clear for them. Thanks for the info...
gjb

Some Kind Of Monster
11-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Make it snow over here!

Dr. Eagle
11-03-2004, 05:26 PM
I was there in
1989 or 1990 when it snowed about 21" in the lowest part of the Reno area in a matter of about 3 hours. It took me about 3 hours to get from the north side of the airport to the Peppermill Hotel. I'll never forget that one... it was amazing!

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 05:28 PM
Make it snow over here!
I am boiling a chicken right now, I will do a little dance and see what happens. Making homemade chicken noodle soup.
GJB, I am sure they will be fine. Headed east is never really a problem. Only if it is freezing and that makes it pretty icy out that way.

SSTahoe
11-03-2004, 06:28 PM
I was just in Gardnerville this last weekend. Nice up there...
Should of let me know! I no you don't know me but thats alright its always good to meet some people from HBF's. I would of bought you a couple coolie's!! I first moved to Gardnerville in 1979 and I got to tell ya I love it!!! But its been snow of and on all day, and they said it was going to be a dry Winter.

ROZ
11-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Should of let me know! I no you don't know me but thats alright its always good to meet some people from HBF's. I would of bought you a couple coolie's!! I first moved to Gardnerville in 1979 and I got to tell ya I love it!!! But its been snow of and on all day, and they said it was going to be a dry Winter.
Where abouts are you in G-ville? My inlaws moved up there last year. My daughter(5) and I went up there to get our retriever.
From south 395, my inlaws are about a mile or 2 west of the 7-11 when ya first come into town. They're only a couple minuites from the base of Kingsbury Grade.
It's not much of a drive :rolleyes: but I'd like to cruise up there again in a month or so. It's been about 15yrs since I've hit Heavenly Slopes :cry:

spectratoad
11-03-2004, 07:41 PM
I was there in
1989 or 1990 when it snowed about 21" in the lowest part of the Reno area in a matter of about 3 hours. It took me about 3 hours to get from the north side of the airport to the Peppermill Hotel. I'll never forget that one... it was amazing!
I was home on leave between transfers in the Navy and I grabbed my dads tractor and made about $800 in 24 hours plowing driveways and parking lots.

Dr. Eagle
11-03-2004, 08:16 PM
I was home on leave between transfers in the Navy and I grabbed my dads tractor and made about $800 in 24 hours plowing driveways and parking lots.
I love that part of the country... :cool:

SSTahoe
11-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Where abouts are you in G-ville? My inlaws moved up there last year. My daughter(5) and I went up there to get our retriever.
From south 395, my inlaws are about a mile or 2 west of the 7-11 when ya first come into town. They're only a couple minuites from the base of Kingsbury Grade.
It's not much of a drive :rolleyes: but I'd like to cruise up there again in a month or so. It's been about 15yrs since I've hit Heavenly Slopes :cry:
Ok, if they live in some newer houses then they live in Pleasent View nice homes or the Rancho's. Its a very nice little town I have been skiing at Heavenly since 1978 The funny thing is I'm good friends with the original owners of heavenly. I have two of his five Airplanes in my hanger right now getting worked on. Got to love a customer like that, he comes in and say's fix everthing that looks like could brake, if it needs it or not. I live in Chichester which is a newer area in the middle of town. If you come up and want to go skiing let me know I have a season pass it should be really good this year we have been getting snow in the mountain's about twice a week already!!

ROZ
11-04-2004, 10:11 AM
I think it's Pleasant View.... Some new construction going on over there...
My father-in-law is the General manager of the Super Walmart there at the base of the mountain... They were estatic that In and out moved up there.. Place was a zoo at lunch time!
I told them to expect me sometime after christmas :D

SSTahoe
11-04-2004, 10:41 AM
the In & Out is a big deal up here I love it it's helped with my winter coat, my fat !! The only thing that I did not like is parking lot sucks there is no way I'm going to get my boat in that lot after a day of boating to get some dinner. I will have to park out on the highway.

spectratoad
11-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Nice to know I am not the only one getting a "winter coat". For some reason In & Out sounds good. May have to head up there for lunch.

BarryMac
11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
the In & Out is a big deal up here I love it it's helped with my winter coat, my fat !! The only thing that I did not like is parking lot sucks there is no way I'm going to get my boat in that lot after a day of boating to get some dinner. I will have to park out on the highway.
We'll be up there for the Fourth of July, bringing the boat this year for sure, Tahoe, Lahontan, Pyramid, gonna do a lot of boating this time around.

spectratoad
11-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Let me know. I will get the gang together and we will make the rounds with you.

BarryMac
11-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Let me know. I will get the gang together and we will make the rounds with you.
Absolutely, my cousin has a Chaparral that he leaves at Lake Tahoe so we will have to spend at least one day there but the more the merrier, plus I would rather hang with you guys than him. I haven't been to Lahontan since I was a kid and have never been to Pyramid. Missed the chance this year because we had t make the trip short, next year we will be there for 10 days...

SSTahoe
11-04-2004, 05:21 PM
Nice to know I am not the only one getting a "winter coat". For some reason In & Out sounds good. May have to head up there for lunch.
Did you go to the one in carson or reno?? I was at the carson location around 1:30 today.

SSTahoe
11-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Absolutely, my cousin has a Chaparral that he leaves at Lake Tahoe so we will have to spend at least one day there but the more the merrier, plus I would rather hang with you guys than him. I haven't been to Lahontan since I was a kid and have never been to Pyramid. Missed the chance this year because we had t make the trip short, next year we will be there for 10 days...
Ya, let us know they are having a poker run the weekend before the fourth and some beach party on the fourth. But the whole lake is a party it seems during that week of the fourth. I have a couple buddies with fountains baja's that i hang with you guys are welcome too!! there is some really nice bar & grills right on the water (a couple Wet Woody's & Rum Runners will due)