PDA

View Full Version : 3 strikes

SHOTKALLIN
11-03-2004, 09:52 PM
I am very happy that prop 66 did not pass. Believe it or not there are some no good people that would be released into society after being retried. There are some people who spend thier entire lives commiting crimes violent or nonviolent to make a living. I feel that there is no room in society for people that just don't give a sh it. A CAREER criminal deserves life if he can't stop doing crime even if its for residential burglary with no one home. How many times do you let someone get victimized before you throw away the key? How many times would you let someone break into your house before you say enough? Its unbelievable that someone would have 2 strikes and still be out there commiting crimes. How stupid do you have to be to steal a piece of pizza from a child when you have 2 strikes. I think that some of these people are trying to BREAK INTO PRISON.
The only people that will miss these people is thier mommas. I bet some of thier mothers are glad that they are locked up and no longer hurting people.

voodoomedman
11-03-2004, 10:05 PM
I agree totally. Once somebody is actually a victim they will change their minds and understand more. A residential burglary sucks whether you are home or not. You feel so damn violated it ain't funny. And here's the kicker. Someone can come home at anytime. I came home to find my house being robbed after three others were by the same guy. I chased the focker down and he is now in prison for a very long time. Oh yeah it was his third strike. Learned some new tricks while he was in jail. Thank God my wife did not come home and it was me and God guided me through this situation and I did not kill the guy and have that on my hands. I still jump when I hear a noise in the house. Alarm is set with motion detectors when we are upstairs asleep at night. Lock these freaks up, don't give them cable and their own room and throw away the freaking key.

Domn8er
11-03-2004, 10:40 PM
I agree totally. Once somebody is actually a victim they will change their minds and understand more. A residential burglary sucks whether you are home or not. You feel so damn violated it ain't funny. And here's the kicker. Someone can come home at anytime. I came home to find my house being robbed after three others were by the same guy. I chased the focker down and he is now in prison for a very long time. Oh yeah it was his third strike. Learned some new tricks while he was in jail. Thank God my wife did not come home and it was me and God guided me through this situation and I did not kill the guy and have that on my hands. I still jump when I hear a noise in the house. Alarm is set with motion detectors when we are upstairs asleep at night. Lock these freaks up, don't give them cable and their own room and throw away the freaking key.
I know, isn't it great that it didn't pass? Now we as tax payers get to spend $30 million a year to keep guys in jail who commited non-violent crimes as their third strike. I can't wait to start dishing out my tax dollars for a dangerous criminal who stole a lawn mower out of the back of some one's truck.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-03-2004, 11:37 PM
I know, isn't it great that it didn't pass? Now we as tax payers get to spend $30 million a year to keep guys in jail who commited non-violent crimes as their third strike. I can't wait to start dishing out my tax dollars for a dangerous criminal who stole a lawn mower out of the back of some one's truck.
Still beliving all that liberal media BS huh ???
Ahhhh....No one got 25 years for stealing a pizza slice or a bike guy !!
If your in for 3 strikes, your a SHIT BAG !!!
I've never had 1 strike in my 43 years......
Play the game right like everyone else and BEHAVE !!!!
If every living Governor, even "MoonBeam" Brown & "DumbAss" Davis voted against it, then it was bad.
Letting 26 thousand "Pieces of SHIT" out of jail would have been insane !!!
Taxes.....You still live in a Country with one of the lowest tax rates in the world......Thank the Republicans for that.
Be more worried about the flood of illegal ailens that are costing you a SHIT LOAD of tax dollars........This one you can blame both sides on.
CLASS DISMISSED !!!
CJG
;)

Kilrtoy
11-03-2004, 11:44 PM
HOLD ON
GRAY DAVIS is the toughest GOV. This state has ever seen. He paroled like 2 or 3 people if I remember correctly.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Davis may have been tough on some criminals, but he was still a weak, limp, underhanded, incompetant, piece-of-shit.
I am SO tired of the political correct, try to be everything to everyone BS....
Gray Davis was a cheap *****.....
ok......im goin' to bed now.......nite-nite!
CJG
:D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-03-2004, 11:51 PM
WOW......it won't let me say "W H O R E"...??....HUH??

DryHeatOnly
11-03-2004, 11:51 PM
G'night Christopher :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-03-2004, 11:54 PM
Nite Sam-Da-Man.....
Check on those GREAT kids & give Suzie a squeeze for me !!!
NiteNite!!
CJG

nyeti
11-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Three strikes is one of the very few things that has ever worked to reduce crime. Keep in mind strike 2 is 9-11 years, so think about the turds that get to strike three, and the tons of crimes that were plea bargained before that. The third strike must be a felony, so don't believe the "stole an asprin" crap.
If 66 passed, a two striker could get caught with a mask on getting ready to break into your house with a gun, and it wouldn't have mattered, you would have to wait till they actually did a little violence to get the third strike. Who wants to be the victim on that one. You want to save taxpayer money, start treating these pieces of human garbage like they do in Arizona jails and they may not want to come back.

Kilrtoy
11-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Guy paroled for bank robbery just served 14 years out for a few months and in the last 1 and half months robbed 14 banks(PER THE PAPER). Well he got caught, he is now facing 56 years. Damn that is just wrong, its only his second strike, Give him a chance guys :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Cas
11-04-2004, 12:45 AM
ya know, you're right! Let's get a recount on the votes and see if we can't get it overturned. If we do, let's put a couple thousand of them in your area. That would be a good thing right? Having child molesters, rapists, thieves, armed robbers and other self sustaining citizens like that would make your neighborhood much safer.

Essex502
11-04-2004, 06:35 AM
Three strikes works...PERIOD! I am so happy that Prop 66 failed. To completely disguise the fact that 20K+ convicted felons would possibly be put back on the due to the ability to have their sentences overturned made me sick. The little gem was completely glossed-over by the media. At the end the heavy publicity of the former governors supporting the opposition to Prop 66 turned the sympathetic, liberal tide. If the governors had come on board a little earlier it wouldn't have been as close as it was. The other thing that made me retch...the limp dicks that said: "Oh, but he was only convicted on his third strike for stealing a piece of pizza!" Yeah? And what about his other TWO VIOLENT strikes PRIOR to that piece of pizza stealing? Huh? The third strike - stealing pizza from a group of CHILDREN just demonstrated that fact that the perp wasn't rehabilitated but desired to continue his lawless ways. At anyone's expense - even little children at the beach! What about the other offenses that this particular perp committed but wasn't caught? Ya' think there might be a few? GOOD riddance to bad people!
What ever happened to Devil's Island? Or Coventry?

Kachina26
11-04-2004, 06:39 AM
I'm happy to pay that one my friend. If they can't toe the line after 2 serious screw ups, then there is probably something wrong with them that keeps them from being able to control themselves. In which case I want them out of society. Besides, that little crime is what they got caught for. There are usually many more that they didn't get caught for. I speak from first hand knowledge, I hung with the worst of the worst when I was young. I had a friend who would break into people's homes in the middle of the night, turn on the lights and make himself a sandwhich before making off with little crap like cigar boxes and whatnot. He was just plain sick in the head, 5 years 10 years ain't gonna change him. Remove him from society is the only answer.
There are provions in the current law that allow both the DA and the judge discretion as to how much time the person actually gets. The Infamous
"Pizza theif" only got 7 years, not 25.

Essex502
11-04-2004, 06:45 AM
Just an example! :D
Actually...it got me thinkin' and I found the following:
"A 1996 state Supreme Court decision gave judges authority to revoke prior strikes by defendants and impose terms well short of 25-to-life, and prosecutors and three-strikes supporters say the weaker cases are being weeded out. In fact, the high court's Romero decision in 1996 enabled those sentenced under the three-strikes law up until then to have their cases reviewed.
No data are available on how many of the 1,400 inmates serving three-strikes terms in 1996 actually had their sentences reduced. But one inmate released since then was the infamous pizza thief, Jerry DeWayne Williams, who got a 25-years-to-life sentence for stealing a slice of pizza on the Redondo Beach pier. Williams got out of prison in 1998."
So the pizza perp seems to have been sentenced to 25-life but had his sentence reduced.

Desert Rat
11-04-2004, 06:51 AM
How would you feel if something happened to one of your family members by some shitbag that had been released because of 66. Most, maybe not all but a damn high percentage of the ones that would have been released WOULD recommit a major crime. If you're not smart enough to either go straight or leave this state with two strikes hanging over your head and continue to commit crimes I don't think you can be an active part of a law abiding society and should be locked up!

Essex502
11-04-2004, 06:57 AM
How would you feel if something happened to one of your family members by some shitbag that had been released because of 66. Most, maybe not all but a damn high percentage of the ones that would have been released WOULD recommit a major crime. If you're not smart enough to either go straight or leave this state with two strikes hanging over your head and continue to commit crimes I don't think you can be an active part of a law abiding society and should be locked up!
I don't think it is a "smart enough" issue but a laziness issue. Too focking lazy to work, better to steal and if you get in my way I'll shoot you. That's the attitude of most.
Focking bleeding hearts.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-04-2004, 07:01 AM
I'll go one step further, if a career criminal can't exist in society without committing crimes, why do we even keep them around? Get rid of them with a dirt nap. Harsh, absolutely, but a career criminal has proven they can't co-exist with the rest of us in society wihtou committin crimes. Incidentally, that should apply to both blue-collar and white-collar career criminals.

Essex502
11-04-2004, 07:07 AM
I'll go one step further, if a career criminal can't exist in society without committing crimes, why do we even keep them around? Get rid of them with a dirt nap. Harsh, absolutely, but a career criminal has proven they can't co-exist with the rest of us in society wihtou committin crimes. Incidentally, that should apply to both blue-collar and white-collar career criminals.
Amen! The white collar criminals are the worst. They sit there and smirk knowing full well that they will skate on the sentencing...Take Michael Milkin...how many years did that perp get? All the failed businesses and the life savings of honest hard working people that were lost and what...he's out running around keeping his 100's of millions in ill gotten gains. I hope they burn the Enron pukes when convicted.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-04-2004, 07:24 AM
Take Michael Milkin
Yep, he has tons of dough left still. From what I heard, he wrote a check to the government as part of his fine for like $250 million! Wrote a check!

78Eliminator
11-04-2004, 08:01 AM
I can't wait to start dishing out my tax dollars for a dangerous criminal who stole a lawn mower out of the back of some one's truck.
Just a lawnmower out of someone's truck, huh? You ever stop to think that the selfish bastard who stole the lawnmower might have just robbed the means by which someone makes a living? He didn't just rob a mower, he took away someone's livelihood, food off the table for his children, might miss his mortgage now or not make his rent. Get the picture? But it was just a lawn mower, right?

THOR
11-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Just a lawnmower out of someone's truck, huh? You ever stop to think that the selfish bastard who stole the lawnmower might have just robbed the means by which someone makes a living? He didn't just rob a mower, he took away someone's livelihood, food off the table for his children, might miss his mortgage now or not make his rent. Get the picture? But it was just a lawn mower, right?
Exactly! Plain and simple. Dont steal, period. If you arent a crook/criminal then you have nothing to worry about. But, IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOU STEAL. You have stolen and should pay the price.

Jeanyus
11-04-2004, 08:29 AM
What if the guy is a mass murderer, and he was going to use the lawn mower, to mow people down?

Debbolas
11-04-2004, 08:36 AM
"MoonBeam" Brown
I have four words for you all...................Chief Justice Rose Bird
:yuk:

Havasu_Dreamin
11-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Chief Justice Rose Bird
:yuk:
That stupid bitch! She was horrible!

Domn8er
11-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Don't get me wrong, he should go to jail... but not 25 to life. Bottom line. In this case his other two stikes were when he was 18 he stole a car strike 1 and then his sisters boyfriend beat her up and this guy broke the guys jaw strike 2. Now the lawn mower is valued over $500 so that is grand theft strike 3. Should he go to jail, yes. For 25 years to life, no.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Don't get me wrong, he should go to jail... but not 25 to life. Bottom line. In this case his other two stikes were when he was 18 he stole a car strike 1 and then his sisters boyfriend beat her up and this guy broke the guys jaw strike 2. Now the lawn mower is valued over $500 so that is grand theft strike 3. Should he go to jail, yes. For 25 years to life, no.
Hell yes he should! He knew what was hanging over his head yet he still decided to steal a lawnmower! You reap what you sow! Life is about choices, he made bad choices, sayonara, c-ya!

switchin'addiction
11-04-2004, 09:32 AM
CJG
;)
Pretty much summed it up right there IMO.

Misogynist
11-04-2004, 09:36 AM
The compasionate side of me (tiny).... says some of these criminals should have the hope of getting out.... but the reality is Judges have always had discretion in sentencing. The only criminals that get the three strikes are scumbags that cannot operate within the constraints of society. Let's see... the guy rapes and beats a woman... Strike one....the guy does 10 years... gets out... later in his life... he rapes and mutilates a teenage girl by cutting off her arms and leaving her for dead.... Strike two..... he serves another long stretch in prison... is paroled and then within one year of release... murders a prostitute in his trailer... Strike three. This is a true story... does anyone remember these facts?... Did this guy even deserve to be released from prison after the second strike?....... I don't care anymore if they shoplifted a candybar... let the jerk rot in jail.... If they don't have the brains to fly straight after a stint in the joint... they don't need to be sharing space on the outside. These people fall into the catagory of what I call "defective".... Regardless of the cost... they don't need to be out in society causing problems. :hammerhea

GlastronGuy
11-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Hmmm....
If they didn't do the first two, they wouldn't have to worry about the third.

Essex502
11-04-2004, 09:49 AM
I have to disagree. The stolen car thing shouldn't have happened. The punch to the mouth...well that I can understand but the stolen car was his own bad choice. The Stolen lawn mower - again, his own bad choice. Free will.

Essex502
11-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Yep, he has tons of dough left still. From what I heard, he wrote a check to the government as part of his fine for like $250 million! Wrote a check!
I thought it was closer to $600 million!

Havasu_Dreamin
11-04-2004, 10:02 AM
I thought it was closer to $600 million!
Maybe so, but to just write a check for that amount out of your own personal funds! :messedup:

Essex502
11-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Maybe so, but to just write a check for that amount out of your own personal funds! :messedup:
There were estimates at the time that he still had nearly $400 million after the fine.
I think that any ill-gotten gains from a criminal enterprise of any kind must be forfeited on conviction.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-04-2004, 10:25 AM
There were estimates at the time that he still had nearly $400 million after the fine.
I think that any ill-gotten gains from a criminal enterprise of any kind must be forfeited on conviction.
Yeah, he's flush with cash. How about all the money he made by recording his community service levtures and then sold them? But I think he had to donate all of that money.

LHC30Victory
11-04-2004, 12:53 PM
What was Robert Blake's line in his show/// "Dont do the crime if ya cant do the time"??
Makes sense to me.
BTW I hope Chris got a good night's sleep after the emotion in his post :2purples:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Still beliving all that liberal media BS huh ???
Ahhhh....No one got 25 years for stealing a pizza slice or a bike guy !!
If every living Governor, even "MoonBeam" Brown & "DumbAss" Davis voted against it, then it was bad.
Letting 26 thousand "Pieces of SHIT" out of jail would have been insane !!!
Taxes.....You still live in a Country with one of the lowest tax rates in the world......Thank the Republicans for that.
Be more worried about the flood of illegal ailens that are costing you a SHIT LOAD of tax dollars........This one you can blame both sides on.
CLASS DISMISSED !!!
CJG
;)
Man.....I must have been a little tired........
.........I feel better today......Thanks Ted!!

SHOTKALLIN
11-04-2004, 05:24 PM
you don't see the big picture here. Instead of your tax dollars paying for him to be in jail, your tax dollars will pay for his welfare check, all his baby momma's welfare checks, and all his kids welfare checks and thier trips to jail. if this guy is responsible enough to steal a lawn mower when he has 2 strikes, I'm sure he is all caught up on his child support to all four of his baby momas. and the welfare dept. is getting thier monthly reimbursement check from him too. I'm sure he also practices safe sex and has no kids out of wedlock. Lock the asss hole up and throw away the key. Let him stamp license plates. At least then it creates jobs for GOOD tax paying citizens. Build the prison in the middle of nowhere and in a few years we will have another thriving community in this state. Just look what it has done for Chino and other cities.
Besides lawnmowers are expensive and I only want to buy one.

slink
11-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Dom, you just don't get it. Let me shed some light. First of all stealing a car is not a strike, unless of course you use force or a weapon I.E Carjacking, and on a first offense it would have w/out a doubt been pled down to a misdemeanor. Next a punch in the face resulting in a broken jaw. Depending on the entire circs, again unless a weapon involved or a huge size difference between suspect/victim, probable not filed as a strikeable felony. Again too many unknowns, but I will go out on a limb. So don't be fooled by all the hype. I suggest you go watch some arraingments or pre-lims someday and see for yourself how light these guys get off on some of thier cases. IT'S MINDBOGGLING. So, trust me, when a crook is facing a 3rd strike, it is well deserved.

Flyinbowtie
11-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Just my experience, but the fact is that before a first felony conviction lands on the rap sheet as a potential strike, usually one or more prior felonies have been pled down to misdemeanors. The guy/gal that gets their act together completes probation and is never heard from or seen in the system again.
The professional loser / crook who goes on to a pattern of violations of probation that follow the intial plea / conviction gets popped three or four more times before he/she finally generates another case that actually gets filed by a prosecutor as a "strikeable" felony.
This happens because the crook has already demonstrated that he/she can't/ won't comply with a rehab/probation/restitution deal that he /she got three or four times already.
The prosecutor and looks at the probation report, which shows all the prior failures and violations of probation, and files the felony. The crook decides whether to take it to a jury, or take a mid-term sentence deal in the joint. If he she loses in the jury trial, they can theoretically get the upper term if the priors are ugly enough. That is why they usually take a deal for the mid term.
When they get out, they are on parole, with a special parole officer who deals with nothing but second-strikers. The people who put themselves in this position know exactly what continued unlawful behavoir will get them. They know exactly where the line is, what the rules are. THEY KNOW. They know they have one last opportunity to stop the behavior that society says is unacceptable.
The majority of two-strikers I have had professional contact with are at least 30-35 years old. They are not children, they have lived a life that has put them on the fringe of society for over 15 years. They have had a bunch of chances to get their stuff together.
And they have made the decision not to. Therfore, we, as a society, have decided that we do not want to waste any more time, money, or other resources on what is clearly a lost cause. We have decided that the odds are that they are gonna offend again, and maybe hurt/maim/kill an innocent citizen in the process.
Three strikes works. It does not need to have it's teeth pulled.
FBT.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-04-2004, 08:37 PM
lock them all up

SHOTKALLIN
11-04-2004, 08:45 PM
yeah what he said!!!

Kilrtoy
11-04-2004, 08:45 PM
You guys are being to hard on all these 3 strikers
Cant we all get along :D :messedup: