PDA

View Full Version : North County G.M. Owners Beware!!

Havasu Cig
11-04-2004, 06:19 AM
Last night our 2500 H.D. an Escalade and a Denalli were burglarized at the Costco in Carlsbad. The theifs were able to defeat the factory alarms and unlock the doors on the vehicles and then re-arm the alarms and re-lock the vehicles when they were done.
With the speed in which they did this my feeling is it is someone connected to the GMC, Cadillac or Chevy dealership less than a mile away. They probably took the keyless entry controls from the dealership and hit parking lots looking for vehicles that they would work on. They were very careful not to disturb anything in the vehicles except for what they took.
I have a feeling that they probably hit other lots as well. If you are driving a similar vehicle in the area you might want to keep your valuables out of the vehicle. :mad:

Mandelon
11-04-2004, 06:21 AM
Aren't the keyfob security devices running random codes? I recall them telling me they change everytime...... :confused:
Sounds like you are right.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-04-2004, 06:22 AM
HC, that sucks!

Havasu Cig
11-04-2004, 06:34 AM
Aren't the keyfob security devices running random codes? I recall them telling me they change everytime...... :confused:
Sounds like you are right.
I doubt it. If it were different brand vehicles I would think they were using something other that the factory alarm / keyless entry control, but they specifically hit GM vehicles and it took them less than a 1/2 hour to hit all three.

Havasu Cig
11-04-2004, 06:36 AM
Anybody have any advice on a good alarm?

Mandelon
11-04-2004, 06:44 AM
I doubt it. If it were different brand vehicles I would think they were using something other that the factory alarm / keyless entry control, but they specifically hit GM vehicles and it took them less than a 1/2 hour to hit all three.
I got my Dmax in Encinitas, so you are making me nervous. :eek: Did they just rifle through them? just looking for easy $$? But soon they will move up to lifting entire vehicles.....
When I put my Silverado key in the new Suburban.....the seat changes positions.. :2purples: ..but nothing else.

MissHavasuCig
11-04-2004, 07:38 AM
I got my Dmax in Encinitas, so you are making me nervous. :eek: Did they just rifle through them? just looking for easy $$?
I was at Costco for maybe 30-40 minutes and noticed my dayplanner was missing ~ I thought I was losing my mind because I knew I put it on my front seat! Long story short I saw a Carlsbad PD talking with Cadillac Escalade owners and found out it had happened to them to... then along came a GMC Denali. :frown:
The husbands accused the wives of not locking the cars ~ I just thought I was crazy ;) They did't harm the vehicle in any way - just opened it and took what they wanted from us. They were specifically looking for $$$ items, ie: my dayplanner with checks/cc inside and digital camera; cash etc from the Caddy; and a briefcase from the Denali (too bad it just had jazzercise music in it).
This totally sucks!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Havasu Cig
11-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Our truck is going this afternoon to have a Viper alarm installed. I doubt these guys will stop until they are caught (That's how most criminals operate). I am waiting to hear back from Carlsbad PD, but I would bet they hit other vehicles in other lots as well.

plaster dave
11-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Well just so everyone knows that the factory alarms can be turned off if you just jam a screw driver in the key hole and turn it. I found out when they did this to my girls 1 month old car that they striped in less than 5 min. in front of the house if you can believe that. I talked to the det. that came to finger print the car and he said that they did the same thing to a guy in this drive way with a motion light on the car and no one heared anything. This is why I voted no on 66. :boxed:

Parker Dreamin
11-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Our truck is going this afternoon to have a Viper alarm installed. I doubt these guys will stop until they are caught (That's how most criminals operate). I am waiting to hear back from Carlsbad PD, but I would bet they hit other vehicles in other lots as well.
Did you hear any update from the PD ?