PDA

View Full Version : Bank robbery and shootout by my office!!

rrrr
11-04-2004, 09:41 AM
I was sitting at my desk a few minutes ago and about ten cop cars went zooming by Code 3. Fire trucks followed. I hopped on my brother's Harley and cruised down to the corner.
Holy Sheeit! There were two crashed cars in the intersection and a cop car with five or six big bullet holes in it. One was right in the middle of the windshield.
Turns out four guys had robbed a bank down the street and a cop was on their tail. About the time the perps started shooting at the cop, they ran a red light and crashed into a car. That driver was injured, but not badly.
The robbers jumped out of their vehicle and ran into a nearby business. After a few seconds they came back out, shooting at the cops and hijacked a car. The police chased 'em but I don't know the rest of the outcome. Right now there are news helicopters hovering all over the place.

spectratoad
11-04-2004, 09:44 AM
Got my popcorn. Will check out some news networks online. :coffeycup

switchin'addiction
11-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Trying to get their donations in early for the democrats campaign fund in 08'. :D

chub
11-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Rip Roarin TEXAS!! Keep yer head down. You learn that quick here in L.A.

spectratoad
11-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Cna't find any robbery stuff yet but Wal mart/Sams Club is going to start putting RFID tags in and on their stuff. :notam: Big Brother will be watching.

Rev. Williams
11-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Fire up that Electric Chair !!! :D :D Texas is gonna have another BBQ !! :D :D

jdogginla
11-04-2004, 10:13 AM
I covered the infamous North Hollywood shootout about 6 yrs ago where the guys were in full body armor walking down the street with car load of fully automatic weapons shooting anything that moved!@#$$% That was the scariest shizit ever........we ended up taking cover ontop of a roof of a building and laying down and just holding the camera over the edge of the roof. INSANE :sqeyes:

Propster
11-04-2004, 11:35 AM
They got away
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6408365/

ratso
11-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Wasn't one of Boozer's relatives was it??? :jawdrop: :D

ratso
11-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Guess I should shut up...that was in Texas... :eek:

IN2-IN2MX
11-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Scary! What the hell is going on in this world!!!
Yesterday at work the police came into our office and told us not to go outside because there was possibly a bomb across the street! They used our company parking lot as the little command center. Hours went by and they finally got the mysterious package and shot it up. It didn't explode so they determined it was not a bomb. In the meantime we were stuck at work for hours! LAPD was really nice about it.
Why would someone make a bomb threat :confused: Stupid people suck! :yuk:

rrrr
11-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Still looking for the guys. There are streets shut down and helicopters all over the place.
Turns out the extended cab truck that they crashed was carjacked 100 yards from my office. They have taken four cars so far.
Reportedly these guys are armed with full auto AK-47s. Scary sheeit.

Dog
11-04-2004, 06:16 PM
The article on dallasnews.com says they were armed with automatic assualt rifles there is no such thing as a automatic assualt rifle. :frown: :rolleyes:

Seadog
11-05-2004, 07:51 AM
My wife was working reception at the SSA office which shared the building with a bank. It was robbed a few years ago and she had to make sure all the people in the reception area did not get hurt, at risk of her own life.