PDA

View Full Version : The Edge 103.9 is now online.

cdog
11-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Check it out . This Phoenix radio station is independently owned and they finally have it live online. They play alternitave punk mix. Way better than any station in Socal. The only other station that gets close is 91X in SD.
Here's a link http://www.theedge1039.com/

Some Kind Of Monster
11-04-2004, 11:08 PM
I miss the good ole days - 106.3 - 100.3 The Edge
They changed the station around when they switched frequencies.

cdog
11-05-2004, 11:17 AM
Really? I think it's pretty much the same. Back then they had Howard Stern in the mornings. I like it better now. Where else can you hear Authority Zero and slightly stoopid on the radio. Try living here in socal. Kroq was one of the first alternative stations in the US and now they play nothin but Rage against the machine and nirvana and old played out 90's shit.

HOOTER SLED-
11-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Wtf. Bring KNAC back!!!!! L.A.. I'm sure one of the biggest markets. And no station with that format for how many years??? I'll be lucky if I can get 105.3 from San Diego sometimes. KLOS is cool, but not the same. We need Metal in L.A. dammit. :hammerhea

cdog
11-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Not my taste. But I see KNAC stickers still to this day. LA radio sux dick!

IN2MX
11-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanx for the info on that station in Phoenix.......But, the only real Alternative Rock station is 106.1 KRAB Radio in Bakersfield...They are da f****** BOMB!
KROQ SUCKS, KRANK THE KRAB!!!!!!!

NOTALENT
11-05-2004, 01:40 PM
They dont play good punk..because it was most of them dont want to be on the radio..as well as metal..or hardcore..I like it better that way IMO :cool:

cdog
11-05-2004, 02:17 PM
They dont play good punk..because it was most of them dont want to be on the radio..as well as metal..or hardcore..I like it better that way IMO :cool:
Listen to this station for a while. It pretty damm good. They have a punk rock hour every night. Go to the website and check out some of the play lists.

NOTALENT
11-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Damn..Thats Impressive..Alot of my buddys are on there..haha..TSOL, Avenged sevenfold, Tiger Army and No Use for a name..haha..they have some sick line ups..very impressive. Does it come in down here in the LongBeach/LA area???

Some Kind Of Monster
11-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Really? I think it's pretty much the same. Back then they had Howard Stern in the mornings. I like it better now. Where else can you hear Authority Zero and slightly stoopid on the radio. Try living here in socal. Kroq was one of the first alternative stations in the US and now they play nothin but Rage against the machine and nirvana and old played out 90's shit.
Maybe that's why. I like Nirvana. They used to play Alice in Chains, Metallica, Megadeth, Metal, Rock.. It wasn't always punk/alternative. Once in awhile they play something I like, but not nearly as often as they used to.. I stick with 97.9 and 93.3 out here. Unfortunately those aren't online. I like listening to Alice Cooper and Dee Snider's House Of Hair on 93.3 Different type of music though I suppose. The Edge used to play it :(

Dr. Eagle
11-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Check it out . This Phoenix radio station is independently owned and they finally have it live online. They play alternitave punk mix. Way better than any station in Socal. The only other station that gets close is 91X in SD.
Here's a link http://www.theedge1039.com/
103.9 in Sacaramento is an 80s station... :cool:

cdog
11-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Damn..Thats Impressive..Alot of my buddys are on there..haha..TSOL, Avenged sevenfold, Tiger Army and No Use for a name..haha..they have some sick line ups..very impressive. Does it come in down here in the LongBeach/LA area???
No but you can listen on line. Go to the site and click on the link.