PDA

View Full Version : LA Boat show question...

WetWillie
11-05-2004, 09:14 AM
How does one go about displaying there boat at the LA boat show. Truck and trailer rig for sale?? Does it being for sale make a diffrence???
W

wildbillg
11-05-2004, 09:18 AM
The show is not open to public displays, it is a manufatures show, all the boats in the show are there for potential customers to look at the new models for the 2005 boating season and then there are vendor areas where the vendors set up booths for their displays. If you really want to do something like what your thinking about, I would call the SCMA and ask them if you could do a display booth, I know we spend about 50K for ONE of our areas.

WetWillie
11-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Are you sure? I thought I saw random trucks and boats downstairs? No one around just there to preview? I am sure these are used privatly owned boats but I could be wrong?
WW

ChumpChange
11-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Dana Performance Boats used my boat for the LA Show last year. It was brand new and I had not taken delivery of it so it was still nice and shiny. They had it on display to sell other boats, not mine. Manufacturers usually take boats they just had rigged and not used yet.

ChumpChange
11-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Are you sure? I thought I saw random trucks and boats downstairs? No one around just there to preview? I am sure these are used privatly owned boats but I could be wrong?
WW
There was a truck for sale downstairs last year but that truck was part of a display for poker runs. It just was a coincidence that their tow vehicle was for sale.
You sellin yours already? Didn't you just get it?

Kilrtoy
11-05-2004, 01:16 PM
that would be some an expensive adertisement

JohnnyAirtime
11-05-2004, 02:38 PM
How does one go about displaying there boat at the LA boat show. Truck and trailer rig for sale?? Does it being for sale make a diffrence???
W
"Why you asking" I think should be the FIRST and FOREMOST question to you there Billy Boy!!!!
You sellin' your new babay already!?
HOLE in the water?? LOL!
Just messin' with ya. And yes, at work... with time to spare. F'in off a bit since I can. :rolleyes:
So... why ya askin??? :idea: