PDA

View Full Version : Spectre 30

carreracat257
11-05-2004, 04:31 PM
Does anybody have any feedback, up and downs. I am interested in purchasing a 30 spectre with twin 496, from flordia offshore,until another dealer told me the transom was rotted. :jawdrop:

Trigger
11-05-2004, 04:33 PM
What year? My friend just traded a 30 Spectre with 496's to Randy at Florida Powerboats for a new 36 Nor-Tech. It was only a few years old and I don't think it could have been rotten. The boat was mint.

carreracat257
11-05-2004, 04:48 PM
2003 spectre. This has to be the same boat. spectre looks clean in the pictures. I saw an ad from lake cumberland on this same boat, so i called and talked to randy, he said the deal did not go through because they found out the transom was rotted

carreracat257
11-05-2004, 05:19 PM
:(

timewarp
11-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Sounds to me like Randy is trying to get you to buy a boat he has???
I have a 2002 30 it does have outboards but they sure did a good job sealing everything up on the transom, don't know how the transom could be rotted out this soon unless they forgot to caulk around the drives.
Just my $.02
Caleb
EDIT, Rereading your post it sounds like there are 2 Randys, is it the one that has the boat and trying to sell it to you saying the transom is rotted or is it a Randy at another dealership saying it's rotted, it would be worth finding a surveyor in the town the boat is in and have him go check the moisture content of the transom, I would think you could get a partial survey of the boat done without having to pay for a full survey. If you are thinking of buying the boat sight unseen it would be worth getting a full survey done, and by a surveyor you find not one that the dealer miles a way picks.

powerplay230
11-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Carrera,
Why don't you call and talk to Jay at Specrte and see what he can tell you about the boat. Sounds hard to believe a 2003 would have a rotten transom already. If you can't find number let me know and I will get it.
Rick

RiverToysJas
11-07-2004, 01:07 PM
Why don't you just ask for a copy of the Marine Survey Report? Then you'll know for sure EVERYTHING there is to know about the boat, and from an independant third party. ;) If there's not a report, and you're serious about the boat, have one done.
RTJas :D

Trigger
11-08-2004, 09:04 AM
If it is the 30 Spectre that Randy Sweers has at Powerboats in Florida then it does not have a rotted transom. The boat could not be told from new. I happen to know the old owner that traded that in on a new 36 Nor-Tech.