PDA

View Full Version : Foreigner Tried To F Me Out Of My Boat!!! Beware!!

sandstorm
11-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Well I dont post much on here and I dont know any of yall but wanted to let yall know that there is a theif roaming the boat market.
I sold my 89 commander i thought about a week ago to a gentlemen in europe. He had a client who wanted it and through many emails and a phone conversation he was to send me a check for 17k I was to keep 10k and send the shipping company the remainer to come pick it up. He lived in london and sent me the ck via fed ex. When I got the ck it was dated 1 day before he sent it from a bank in florida. When I went to deposite it the bank said it wasnt worth the paper it was printed on. It had international rouing # and a us uncomplete account #. He must of thought I was going to forward the money before funds cleared.
Good thing I didnt send off the boat.

GlastronGuy
11-07-2004, 04:32 PM
You have to be joking? Everyone on the face of the earth knows this is a scam.
:messedup:

Ntwotrance
11-07-2004, 05:46 PM
:messedup:
my thoughts exactly, unless you've been in the furthest reaches of the universe, this is a well known scam, right up there with the 419 scam (the old "your relative died, send me money" scam)

Some Kind Of Monster
11-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Some guy who said he was in the UK tried to pull this on me about a month ago. Very common.

bfab33
11-07-2004, 06:08 PM
It happened to me twice in one week.

core attitude
11-07-2004, 06:15 PM
my thoughts exactly, unless you've been in the furthest reaches of the universe, this is a well known scam, right up there with the 419 scam (the old "your relative died, send me money" scam)
The only reason I know about it is from the boards, he made it clear in the begining of his post that he doesn't post here much and just wanted to give members a heads up, is it really necessary to insult the guy when he's just trying to help out fellow boaters?
Pete

sandstorm
11-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Well I dont deal with common scammers so I dont know the "COMMON" scams out there so if you are trying to add insult to injury this is not the place for it. I respect replys of a helpful nature.

IN2-IN2MX
11-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Glad you come out ok on this. I, for one, had never heard of this kinda thing. :confused:

FRENCHIE
11-07-2004, 06:56 PM
Glad you come out ok on this. I, for one, had never heard of this kinda thing. :confused:
i new youd be around here soon1!! almost 1k posts wowa!!! :p ;)

GlastronGuy
11-07-2004, 07:05 PM
The only reason I know about it is from the boards, he made it clear in the begining of his post that he doesn't post here much and just wanted to give members a heads up, is it really necessary to insult the guy when he's just trying to help out fellow boaters?
Pete
Why, yes it is.
If someone came on here to warn you about the plague would you take him seriously?

Some Kind Of Monster
11-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Why, yes it is.
If someone came on here to warn you about the plague would you take him seriously?
Maybe not the plague, but the epedemic?? :idea:

Some Kind Of Monster
11-07-2004, 07:16 PM
It's all good. If everyone knew of the scam, there wouldn't be any scammers.

core attitude
11-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Why, yes it is.
Not really since in the United States, the last urban plague epidemic occurred in Los Angeles in 1924-25 and then since then, human plague in the United States has occurred as mostly scattered cases in rural areas (an average of 10 to 15 persons each year), but I think now you're comparing apples and oranges.
Pete

WUTWZAT
11-07-2004, 08:12 PM
I am just chiming in trying to get my post count up. But the theives weren't after your boat. Transit time on an item that large is too great for them to succesfully retreive it. But the hope is that you deposit it the check and in good faith out of your own account forward funds to the freight company or "broker" which probably doesn't really exist.
Make sure you notify the authorities, and have them contact authorities where the account was to be tranfered too. Problem is most often these are offshore accounts and are opened and closed within a couple of days. They fish several people in a few day period and if anyone bites withdraw and move on.
Glad to hear, you didn't lose anything in the deal. Last person to try and screw me had to sell their house and move away :devil: :D .
Jason

BajaMike
11-07-2004, 08:19 PM
This is a common scam, with the common elements....remember the old saying....."if it sounds to good to be true....it is!!!".
Why would a legitimate buyer send you $17 grand when you are asking only $10 grand. Why sould someone in London want to buy your '89 Commander????...they make boats in England and Europe.
Good targets for scammers.....the gready and the stupid!!!
:jawdrop:

Mandelon
11-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Why sould someone want to buy your Commander????..
Pretty much says it all right there.... :p :p

Some Kind Of Monster
11-07-2004, 08:25 PM
LMAO thats mean :p

BajaMike
11-07-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by BajaMike
Why sould someone want to buy your Commander????..
Wait, i didn't say that.....LMFAO!!! :wink:
Good editing, Mandelon!

manuel
11-08-2004, 08:08 AM
You CAN have fun with scammers,
http://saabnet.com/tsn/class/scam/

Danhercules
11-08-2004, 08:34 AM
Pete
Agree. this guy prob wont post at all anymore with crap like that.

Mrs. Restless22
11-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Glad you covered your butt before shipping your boat off. :smile:
Dont pay attention to the negative attitudes....those people had to learn about the scan at some time also.... :rolleyes:

Trigger
11-08-2004, 09:16 AM
And what is your boat?

Sane Asylum
11-08-2004, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=WUTWZAT]I am just chiming in trying to get my post count up.
W H O R E...... :p

Sane Asylum
11-08-2004, 10:52 AM
LMAO.......... :D :D

DansBlown73Nordic
11-08-2004, 05:04 PM
I just got a E-Mail from one of these pond scum bags today....... :sqeyes:

Ziggy
11-08-2004, 06:56 PM
Why, if I didn't know you, I'd take real offense to that comment :devil: :D :D

sandstorm
11-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Well all of the negative comments are not as funny as yall think. I will say that my little commander wasnt much but it was fun beautiful clean and paid for. Now that I have a new caliber 1 Im selling it. So all of you that think your high dollar boats are more fun than mine can F off!! I even paid cash for the new Caliber no payments, no refinacing my home or selling anything to fund it.
To all of you that backed me, I appreciate it and hope to meet you all this summer.

WUTWZAT
11-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Where you from Sanstorm?
And yes, mines paid for too, to all you haters out there...... Dan quit laughing :wink:
Jason

Some Kind Of Monster
11-08-2004, 08:32 PM
Sandstorm,
You should get to know the people you are telling to F-off before jumping to conclusions. There is a running joke about Commanders here. Noone is serious, all in good fun. :wink: Assuming that we judge others by the value of their boats is for the most part rediculous.

bfab33
11-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I was selling a motorcycle and some guy from London said they would send me a check for 8000.00 and to cash it take 4500.00 out for the bike and send the rest to and shipping service. I knew something was up but I figured as long as the check cleared it would be ok . I got the check in about 3 days (Fedex) it didn't look right so I looked up the bank on the internet. It was from some small bank in Washington, so I called them and they told me the check was a fake. So I decided to start screwing with guy by telling him that I hadn't made it to the bank yet, but I would in the afternoon. That afternoon I e-mailed the guy and told him that I cashed the check and that I would send him the money. He wanted it sent Western Union to the shipper. In order to send Western Union you have to have a password and ID number for the person who picks it up. So I made up password and e-mailed the guy with it, but no ID. The guy starts e-mailing me like crazy asking for the ID number, and played stupid and kept sending him the password with no ID number. Then finally, I took a picture of my ass and scanned his check and cut & pasted it to my butt, and sent him the password and the ID number in a jpeg. I told him to open the jpeg for the ID number. He e-mailed me back saying, "very funny", and I never heard from him again!

Some Kind Of Monster
11-08-2004, 09:46 PM
LMAO Thats great!

core attitude
11-08-2004, 11:25 PM
Agree. this guy prob wont post at all anymore with crap like that.Well I wouldn't be surprised and I'm sure it's happened before. I've only been around here a few years but the value I've gained from help on here has saved me alot of both time and money, I'd hate to see other good info get chased away. It's always cool when people get together and freely help each other out.......it's that good karma kinda thing.
It cracks me up, I actually got neg. reps for that first post (unsigned of course). Big whoop, how big a butt load do you have to be that you would find that (my question) bothersome? Funny stuff I tell ya.......unsigned.......that kills me, it's like high school, lol. ;)
Pete

obnoxious001
11-09-2004, 12:48 AM
You all owe it to yourselves to check the link Manuel posted! I have played with some of these guys before, but don't even like giving out my address or information to actually get a check from them..
manuel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You CAN have fun with scammers,
http://saabnet.com/tsn/class/scam/

Rexone
11-09-2004, 01:43 AM
Then finally, I took a picture of my ass and scanned his check and cut & pasted it to my butt, and sent him the password and the ID number in a jpeg. I told him to open the jpeg for the ID number. He e-mailed me back saying, "very funny", and I never heard from him again!
that right there is some funny shit... :D
You should have mailed him a turd too.

sandstorm
11-09-2004, 06:06 AM
Sandstorm,
You should get to know the people you are telling to F-off before jumping to conclusions. There is a running joke about Commanders here. Noone is serious, all in good fun. :wink: Assuming that we judge others by the value of their boats is for the most part rediculous.
I dont mean to sound pissed but the ego crap in here is waist deep. Im new to vegas been here 2 yrs Im from portland Oregon and dont know much about boats. I had a miller when I was in college with a big gas guzzling 454 and I enjoyed it, so when I went looking for another boat I wanted a boat like that but for a family of 4.
I soon understood why a little boat sucks in the river, the chop, the room and the fact that everyone else has a bigger boat came into play. So we got a caliber 1 22ft stern drive this time. I have a family 2 girls 7,9 and 2 dogs, my wife and I like to wakeboard and the kids do to, we go to mojave alot and would like to meet some of yall if the fact that a 22ft boat doesnt make the rest of ya look bad. 35k is a good price for a boat for me, we have other activites we like to do, so not keeping all my eggs in one basket works for us.
Im sorry If I came off sideways,
Marq :yuk:

JetBoatRich
11-09-2004, 06:15 AM
welcome to the fun :cool: SandStorm :cool:

core attitude
11-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Im sorry If I came off sideways,
I prefer sideways from the front then a sniper from the back.....................respect it more too.
Pete

Underfunded
11-09-2004, 09:14 AM
isn't technology great ... always on the side of the con artist.

Racer277
11-09-2004, 10:19 AM
So all of you that think your high dollar boats are more fun than mine can F off!!
Note that Sandstorm is only telling the people that think their high dollar boats are more fun than his to F off.
If you don't think that way, he isn't telling you anything.
The egos in here are big SS, but I think mostly because people don't read their posts without any inflection or tone in their voice. For the most part, people here are good, and the info is very worth while. The drama and soap operas are a joke.
Way to go on the Caliber, good luck with the Commander, feel free to post any more questions, just ignore all the jackasses!
R277

sandstorm
11-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Note that Sandstorm is only telling the people that think their high dollar boats are more fun than his to F off.
If you don't think that way, he isn't telling you anything.
The egos in here are big SS, but I think mostly because people don't read their posts without any inflection or tone in their voice. For the most part, people here are good, and the info is very worth while. The drama and soap operas are a joke.
Way to go on the Caliber, good luck with the Commander, feel free to post any more questions, just ignore all the jackasses!
R277
Never know I might make a friend or two yet....