PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu

wildbillg
11-08-2004, 06:54 AM
Something interesting from the Lake Havasu Paper.....
Agencies to meet on boat noise
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – Multiple agencies will be meeting next week to reach an agreement on the enforcement of noise laws on Lake Havasu.
According to Lake Havasu State Park Manager Brian Pendley, the meeting is an important one due to the fact that boat noise laws and their enforcement has become a large issue on Lake Havasu.
“What I hope to accomplish at this meeting is to clarify the laws so that all the agencies interpret things the same way,” said Pendley.
According to Pendley, around thirteen separate agencies share responsibility for the lake and itÂ’s law enforcement, which can create confusion.
The meeting will take place on November 10 and Pendley hopes to follow it up with a public forum and an initiative to educate both the public and business sectors on the statutes and how they are enforced.

Mandelon
11-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Maybe they can develop some consistent, fair and enforceable policies.

waterwitch
11-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Interesting...yet nothing is said about the
Marina. I don't think they will be
attending this meeting. Maybe they need a
personal invite!!

Havasu_Dreamin
11-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Is this meeting open to the public?

smacktalker19
11-08-2004, 09:10 AM
yes it is open to the public. :crossx:

Moneypitt
11-08-2004, 09:35 AM
"and business sectors".............Don't you think this is code for LHC marina? What other "business sector" would they be refering to? Is there any other "business sector" members that think they own the lake??................MP

That Guy
11-08-2004, 09:39 AM
"and business sectors".............Don't you think this is code for LHC marina? What other "business sector" would they be refering to? Is there any other "business sector" members that think they own the lake??................MP
If it is code for the Marina, I hope someone will educate them on the laws and that they can't enforce them as they see fit......

uvindex
11-08-2004, 10:27 AM
"and business sectors".............Don't you think this is code for LHC marina? What other "business sector" would they be refering to? MPIt probably is code for the marina, however another business sector who has a vested interest in this would be boat manufacturers and repair shops in town (presumably they would want to have the capability to manufacture boats to "the standard" (whatever that ends up being), and be able to retrofit boats to that standard. :)

Huckleberry
11-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Is anyone in LHC available to attend this meeting and give us the 411 on what they say? Bill???

Essex502
11-09-2004, 05:44 PM
They always do these meetings in the middle of the week - $hit. I can't be there until Thursday night. Wild Bill...can we talk you to attend this for the price of all the liquor you can drink if you want to drop by the house this weekend? I have some primo Tequila's!

wildbillg
11-09-2004, 06:56 PM
where is it and what time i might see if i acn check it out cant promise

wildbillg
11-10-2004, 08:46 AM
This meetiing is NOT open to the public, it is a meeting for all the local agencys to get together and try and make some sort of UNIFORM testing of the boats. They are going to try and get all the imformation and then have a meeting with the public, we are on his list to give us a call when they are going to have an open meeting with the public invited so they can at that time talk about their UNIFORM testing guidelines.
We will try to keep you up on the information.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the info Bill! Do you have a contact person that I can contact with a few questions? PM's are good or my the e-mail address in my profile.

C-2
11-10-2004, 09:02 AM
Send that over my way as well HD.
Thanks Bill

Essex502
11-10-2004, 05:43 PM
This meetiing is NOT open to the public, it is a meeting for all the local agencys to get together and try and make some sort of UNIFORM testing of the boats. They are going to try and get all the imformation and then have a meeting with the public, we are on his list to give us a call when they are going to have an open meeting with the public invited so they can at that time talk about their UNIFORM testing guidelines.
We will try to keep you up on the information.
Thanks for checking into this! I still owe you a few drinks for this and the loan of the video cam the other weekend!

wildbillg
11-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Not a problem
Let me know what you owe me and Ill try to collect
on it at some later date.
Better to have you owe me then cheat me out of it........ ;)